December 21, 2014 | 1879 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I have combination, acne prone skin. I need something that keeps oil and breakouts under control but doesn't dry out my cheeks any further. I think this is a really great cleanser!
I use this twice a day (with my clarisonic at night) and the results are stunning. It smells so fresh and clean. It is a gel that foams up very nicely. I haven't had problems, with redness/irritation/dryness etc. My skin isn't as oily, and thanks to the salicyclic acid, no more breakouts! :) The pump dispenser is great. It leaves my skin soft and smooth. People have been asking me what I'm using!
I follow up with my toner and serum and moisturizer, and I'm set! It's so cheap and it works great! Everyone should give this a try IMO. Although now I use it only at night, and a different cleanser in the morning, I'll keep using this. I'm on the third bottle! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by shannycgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll preface this by saying that I think this is a GREAT product given my environment and the fact that I'm exasperated trying to find something that keeps my uncharacteristic flare-ups at bay. I'm in my early twenties and have had a heck of a year dealing with mild acne that I've never experienced, ever. I have very fair, sensitive, skin that is never oily, but not dry either.

- I spend a lot on skincare, not because it's necessary, but because I enjoy spa-grade products - so this, to me, is lower than dirt cheap. That said, there are SO many quality drugstore and pharmacy products that are equally - if not more - effective.
- Currently, the climate where I live is disgustingly humid and leaves you altogether grungy by mid-day. I think this cleanser is effective at refreshing the skin and leaving it squeaky clean.
- Does not remove all makeup. However, I say this with an asterisk as I only use a tinted sunscreen (Skinceuticals) - which it does not entirely remove.
- It's not a miracle worker, but using this as my daily wash in the summer and early fall keeps my skin relatively in check. Every few days, in the evening, I use the Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser for a super deep clean (amazeballs.).
- My skin seems to like medicated washes more than medicated creams and moisturizers, so I'll certainly stick with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Chelsea024

I love this product! I seen a lot of comments about this product being too "drying", but I have yet to experience that issue on my combination skin. I use this product twice daily, and I use it on a washcloth. I always follow using it with a light moisturizer. It leaves my skin soft, smooth, and oil free all day! This product is the best I've ever tried! On a side note, I love that it's in a pump bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by reizacross

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a replacement of my previous cleanser which was the Aveeno cream cleanser. I wanted to replace it because it did not do anything for my acne, besides I still got breakouts. I was really excited in buying this product since I heard great reviews about it. As for the price, I don't clearly remember but it was definitely something not expensive. This product dried out my skin, like bad. My eyelids were so dry that it was peeling and it was to the point that whenever I moisturize those areas it stings. I think I could have lived with the dryness if it did something to my acne but it didn't. And that was disappointing. I think I will be willing to wait a little longer and use this product just to see if it'll work if not for the red little bumps I believe are rashes that formed in my face. My skin is not that sensitive to get rashes from cleansers but I guess this cleanser is just too strong or there's something in it and it's disappointing since it said its hypoallergenic. I do not recommend this product for those who have normal to dry skin. It didn't work for my few acne and even left little red bumps on my face and its the only product that I've used so far that have done that. Those that have oily skin may benefit from the drying factor of this product thus will probably help with the acne problem. But for people that even have a bit of a dry skin I gotta say no no.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Ashleyx

Sometimes when I'm washing my face with this product like today it felt like it was burning , I've never experienced an acne wash the felt like it was burning, so I quickly rinsed it off. I have combination skin. My skin was really dried out from this product. I mean it seems to do the job for getting my face nice and clean and removes all my makeup. I just don't like the burning and that it dries out my skin I put moisturizer on after and my skin still felt pretty dry.. I'm going to try to use half a pump and see if thats better if I see no improvement I'll which back to my other cleanser. But this cleanser is nothing special if you wanna try it go ahead.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this a couple years back due to the rave reviews in Allure magazine.

Pros:
- Smells okay, not a super overpowering scent
- Lathers very well
- Leaves no traces of makeup behind

Cons:
- Drying, especially if used more than once a day.
- Leaves sort of a greasy film on face

So basically, it was a so-so product. I prefer using this on my body rather than my face. Not a fan of the huge ingredient list.

Using this product did NOT cause any breakouts or other skin irritations for me (although other Neutrogena products have). But my skin is not super sensitive.

Used up, did not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my go to face wash, switching between this and the pink grapefruit cleanser. I have pretty normal skin and this keeps breakouts away. However, it's a bit drying, but it's nothing a good moisturizer can't fix.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by TitaniumRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

So I'm looking at some of the bad reviews for this product, and I see that most people complain about how it dries your skin out, etc. I believe the product speaks for itself in it's name. "Oil Free Acne Wash"

Hmm.. oil free. Just what a person with oily skin would need. Context clues, yay. But anyway, what I think about this product -

I think it's great. I have an oily t-zone, and my forehead plus the bridge of my nose tend to be the popular breakout zones. It really helps with controlling the problematic areas. The rest of my skin is prety normal, so after I wash my face, I moisturize and let it air dry a bit, then single the biggest pimples out on my face with medication. A great wash <3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by coffeehigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. It cleared up the colony of acne I had on my chin, which kept reappearing with any other cleanser I tried. I would not recommend this for people with normal to dry skin, it's 2% salicylic acid so you do the math. It's perfect for people with oily skin such as myself, and a light moisturizer gets rid of the dry, tight feeling it leaves after you wash it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by zahpphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alright, start off that this product cleans your skin out really nicely. But, it does not work for everyone. I would recommend giving it a try because it MIGHT work for you but unfortunately, did not work for me :(. It did nothing for my acne and my face was always oily.