September 2, 2014 | 1549 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by littlereveries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a pretty good cleanser for the amount you pay for it (only 7 dollars). It's definitely not a miracle worker, but it's still OK for drugstore quality.
The main ingredient is salicylic acid, which I feel doesn't work as well as benezoyl peroxide, but it's gentler on skin.
It gives your face this nice clean feel after using it, however it does tend to make your face flushed for a little bit after you wash your face with it.
It minimizes the amount of pimples that form, although I typically have 2-3 stubborn zits that remain. It doesn't really do much for T-zone oiliness.
I think you would have to use this product with some other products for a really good result, but overall it's just a basic cleanser for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by MMDLS

Ive been using this cleanser for about 3 years. Its pretty good, doesnt dry me out but cleans the gunk out. It still doesnt completely clear every one of my zits but i dont blame it cuz i have cystic acne soo.. Lol ya does the job.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ups:
It clears up most of the acne on my face, though I still have 2-3 zits left no matter what.
It makes my face more than squeaky clean and wakes me up in the mornings.
I don't mind the smell too much, but it's definitely a chemical smell.
There's no benzoyl peroxide, which my skin can't handle because it'd dry up and flake terribly.
I keep going back to this whenever my acne gets worse at the ugly time of the month.
It's quite cheap. I think around 7 dollars. And, it gives me about the same effect if not better than Clinique and Proactiv. Both of latter left my skin dry and didn't completely clear my skin either.

Downs:
I was already blaming my own skin for being dry until I quit using this. It's not dry anymore so long as I moisturize properly!
It doesn't clear up acne too well.
I cannot use ANY powder make up during the same time I use this. My face would be so dry that the powder cakes up dismally. Oil Free liquid foundations dry up too.

Edition: 12/20/2012: This doesn't do anything other than dry up my skin. I used a hotel facial soap while traveling and my skin had fewer breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by jotsou

I love this product! For the pass few months there has always been at least one pimple on my face. As soon as I switched to this my skin cleared up and even if i do see a sign of breakout, it disappears the next day. The only thing I've switched in my routine was the face wash. I use it along with Aveeno clear complexion moisturizer and its been great.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by eliza1972

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

don't EVER buy this product! if you value skin that's not crusty and flaky and itchy and raw, than stick to St. Ives. that one's gentle. serves me right for buying it just because it was on sale -_-

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kaelores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Im so surprised at the reviews on this. This is the only cleanser that makes me feel clean without drying my skin. I do believe that its helped with my occasional break out. Total I've purchased this over 10 times and I will continue.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Ttayl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After two days of use my skin became raw and chapped like a sunburn. It was extremely tight and itchy but also very swollen, it is such a scary feeling to wake up and not know what wrong with your face. I will never touch this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by youdoyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this cleanser with a serum and light moisturizer and my skin is really looking great! I find this cleanser to be excellent at removing my oil and sunscreen at the end of the day! I love it, I really do think this is keeping my skin clear. I have very sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. This cleanser is not the least bit irritating if I use it in a system with a serum and moisturizer. However, if I didn't hydrate my skin after, it would for sure be drying, like any cleanser! HG

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

There was a time when my skin was very acne prone and would break out easily, and I tried so many acne products. I bought this and quite disliked it. It dried my skin like crazy after only 2 uses, so I didn't even use it long enough to find out if it would work on getting rid of the breakouts. I will not buy this again because of the over-drying and the price just wasn't right for what it delivers.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by huongxink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought it once when acne appeared in my face... it doesnt help me at all...
i stopped using after few times...