December 21, 2014 | 847 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by madi1993

I purchased the NARS Sheer glow a few months back in the colour, Stromboli.
Let me start by saying, I am a MAC NC30-37 skin tone and I love the colour Stromboli on my skin.
However, the product itself is in my opinion, very disappointing and overly hyped up. As a makeup artist I know a good foundation when I see one and this sadly, just doesn't tick all the boxes for me. It can look lovely and "glowy" when first applied but within just a few hours it looks extremely average!

Colour = Great but lacks pigmentation!
Consistency = Too runny and hard to work with
Coverage= Light to medium yet still looks as though I'm wearing quite a bit of makeup (very annoying)
Staying Power= CRAP! Im normal/ combo skin and this product when primed and powdered is lucky to last me 5 hours. By the end of a working day I look blotchy and dull!

FOr the price, there are FAR superior products on the market.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by luchu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think NARS' Sheer Glow is a really great allrounder and having many brands, it is my favourite foundation so far. It feels incredibly light but gives a pretty decent level of coverage. The consistency is very silky and it is easy to apply - do this lightly with your fingers, as it warms the product up helping it to blend in better. You can layer the foundation once it has dried, if I'm going out I build up an extra layer of coverage over my cheeks, it masks redness really well without looking cakey.

I have fair skin, I'm half asian half caucasian which can be very hard to colour match, but I've found this to be the truest to my natural skin tone; in the summer I wear Fiji and in the winter I am Deauville.

My skin is sometimes on the dry side but I haven't had problems with flakeyness or dryness as other reviewers have. I did accidentally buy the NARS sheer matt foundation once - and it really didn't work out so well for me. But that's another story...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by jessicaalynnexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this foundation, but unfortunately it made me break out, and highlighted the dry patches in my skin. When it comes to sheer and glowing foundation, I much prefer MUFE Face And Body. Also, I noticed that this foundation made me break out and my skin felt very irritated. This would be a nice foundation for someone with smooth, clear skin with yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by KACheroske

I really love the finish of this foundation! They have a great selection of skintones as well. I'm in the shade Deuville, which is perfect for me in the winter. I have dry/combination skin and this foundation does not last very long on my face:( I'm used to not wearing a powder because of having dry skin but find that I do need a translucent poweder with this. I still love this foundation though because it does NOT dry me out and with a powder looks very nautural and glowy. One complaint I do have is that if I touch my face it does come off... I normally wouldn't continue wearing a foundation with this issue buttttttt it just looks so stunning on the skin. Packaging looks really nice but a definite pain in the bum.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by penguin0833

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying I LOVE this foundation. The name is very deceptive since its neither sheer nor does it have a glow. This is the most natural foundation i have ever used! this has a medium coverage, so it evens out my skin but not my acne scars and it doesn't necessarily have a glow. I have normal skin, neither dry or oily, but by the end of the day I get a beautiful sheen. It doesnt look dewy it just looks natural. One thing I hate about this foundation is the packaging. Now I dont care if it has a pump or not but the cap leaks which is soo annoying cause it always makes a mess. Next time i order this foundation i am getting a pump for sure. Another downside is the staying power...it sucks. I hate using powder because no matter what i do it looks perfect at first but then ends up looks cakey by the end of the day. I apply this at 5 in the morning and get home at about 2 in the afternoon adn thats about 9 hours and on its own this foundation does not last that long. I spray it with urban decay all nighter spray and it last FOREVER. once again i dont powder at all just spray.
The shade selection is perfect for people with olive and yellow skin tone. I have the shade stromboli and i am a nc30-35 in mac.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy shade match, Batman. Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia is possibly the best color match I've found out of the tons of foundations I've tried. The finish is matte on my skin with a bit of 'glow', and while it won't cover dark marks or acne, it does a good job at concealing redness in the skin.

Unfortunately, this foundation has one big negative which makes me unable to use it - I have dry skin, and the flakes that this foundation creates are kind of insane. It looks fine from a few feet away, but up close, it's just bad. Applying it over a moisturizer or a foundation base doesn't look much better. Blending it into one of my moisturizing, full coverage BB creams will lead to a product that maintains the color of Siberia and offers full coverage...but still looks very dry on me up close. It's not unusual for a foundation to occasionally enhance dry spots, but very few foundations lead to this unfortunate an overall texture, so I have to chalk it up to the formula.

The great shade match makes this a foundation worth experimenting with, but I have yet to find a way to make it look good on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Gwiyomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did use up the entire bottle of this foundation, and I did not hate it; but this winter has just been merciless on my skin. The coverage is medium, it applies smoothly and does not cling at all to any of my random dry patches, the shade I have is quite a decent match, and it does look beautiful when first applied.

But, I generally have oily skin, but it has gotten much oilier now that I am either in extremely dry, cold winter temperatures with plenty of wind, or spending 6 and a half hours in an office with 80 degree, dry heat. I tried using a heavy moisturizer underneathe, thin layers of serums and thin moisturizers, to just average middle of the road moisturizers. I always set with a loose powder, ocassionally I will use a pressed powder, no luck keeping the oils at bay.

Since this has not been able to keep up with my oily skin this winter, I doubt it would fair much better in the summer. When I start to get oily, and do not have time to touch up, this just becomes impossible to fix. I really only need it to last 6.5 hours sitting in an office, but no luck. I know it might be asking a lot from a foundation, and you may not have the same issues as I do, but if you do, I would not reccommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by ilovemac03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, it's exactly what the name says, it's sheer, and adds a glow to your skin. For reference, I am an NC 43 and I wear the shade syracuse. My skin is pretty clear, I have some unevenness in texture near my jaw line, little bumps under my skin, have been there since childhood, and a couple acne scars. This does a good job in giving me the coverage I need, I do use a little bit of concealer on my scars, and on my dark circle. The thing I like best about this foundation is the colour match, I have always found it difficult to find a foundation that matches my skin exactly, MAC has always been too orange or too yellow, and Bobby Brown hasn't quite worked well with me skin. I find that this product adds the right amount of sheen on dry to combination skin, it doesn't make my skin look overly oily, I would be fine if I didn't powder it, but I like my skin a little on the matte side so I powder it lightly and it looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Halcy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation !!! I like to apply with a beauty blender over my Nars light optimizing primer.... Perfection! I would definitely recommend this combination if you want that beautiful Jlo glow :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeaches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. For $45 I REALLY wanted to like this. I bought this while I was in England, and the first couple of tries went fine. I have fine skin and bought this on a whim while at a Nars counter after hearing a lot of awesome reviews about it on youtube. In addition, I have dry skin and thought this might help add a dewy effect. When I returned to the US, my battle with this foundation began. It has the tendency to settle into any dry patch on my face, and then some! I would come home with dryness all over my cheeks, in the crevices of my nose, and on my chin where I have never been so dry before. This foundation does the exact opposite of what I was hoping for and brings out the dryness in my skin (and the dryness isn't even THAT bad!).

I will keep using it for the time being. I have tried multiple techniques to make this work: heavily moisturizing, using a primer, mixing with a moisturizer, using a setting spray, setting with a powder, and it's just not working. I hope this will work better when it starts getting warm out again!