July 31, 2014 | 1640 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 9:23:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG nail hardener!!!! I've tried several but this is the best by far. I'm a nurse and washing my hands over and over has made my nails so dry and brittle. They would break every day even though I keep them short. I was hesitant to buy this stuff seeing how it's $16 but I was so desperate that I went for it. The directions say to apply 2 coats on the first day, then every other day apply 1 coat. After 1 week remove the polish and start over. Just after the first day I had ZERO breaks! That's a miracle for me! My nails are actually growing! I highly recommend this! I honestly would pay twice the amount I paid for this because it is so worth it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 4:39:00 AM More reviews by claudias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrible. Never had any problem with peeling nails until I used this. Made condition of my nails worse..... Back to my revlon quick dry base coat. That actually makes my nails long and strong for a third of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't believe it took me so long to find this. I've always had thin, weak and peeling nails. To make matters worse for some reason many of the growth products that get good reviews just peel off my nails in sheets the next day. I have tried all the hardeners and strengtheners like NailTek, Barielle, Mavala....you name it. Years ago I tried the Nail Envy for soft peeling nails and just like everything else it peeled off the next day. I have had some success with some of the newer Sally Hansen growth product but they don't make a good basecoat for colored polish on me. For some reason I bought a tiny bottle of this (original formula), on impulse just to eliminate it from my on-going quest for nice natural nails. I was shocked when it stayed on my nails without peeling or chipping for days and days!!! I've been using it for 4 weeks and my nails are long and strong and better than ever before. I would not be without it. HG status for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best thing I've ever tried. My nails were ok before apart from occasional breaks and splits now and then. I started using Nail Envy Original when OPI was launched here in Germany a few years ago and my nails have totally improved, they are strong and flexible. I havent found any Nail Treatment that was comparable to it since even among the other Nail Envy Formulas (e.g. Maintenance). The only bit of a downside is that it is kind of expensive in Germany. (22-25 ) Its worth it though. I would definately recommend it. Its on of my staple products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i've been using this under polish for about 6 weeks and the results have been good. no other treatment/strengthener i've tried has really helped with the peeling and breaking that i've had for the past year. i had been a lifelong nail biter, and sometime in the summer of '08 i just decided to quit. i tried many, many different treatments to help with weak nails, thin nails, splitting, peeling, breaking, etc. some made it worse, some made no difference. nail envy is the only thing that has really helped to relieve the problems that i had. i do still get the occasional break or peely, but overall, i'm quite happy with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by MissAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for Nail Envy but I'm hugely disappointed. It was utterly useless and didn't make any difference to my nails at all. I was taken in by the spiel and the packaging, but I remember Sally Hansen Maximum Growth working really fast to build up nails so am returning to that line.

Interesting to read other reviewers noting the ingredients which are actually v. drying to the nail. Wish I'd come here and read that first, would've saved my money and my time.

Don't bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by andkirstyloves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am absolutely religious about this product. i've been obsessed with keeping my nails neat, as long as possible, and well painted since i can remember, and my mum bought me a bottle of this from qvc about 5 years ago and i've not looked back. i use it as a base and topcoat on my manicures, topping up every other day (i know that's not how it's intended for use but i find in conjunction with a good cuticle oil and hand cream my nails maintain the right amount of flexibility and don't become brittle). as a barmaid my hands are constantly in contact with hot soapy water and cleaning products and still manage to stay long and in good condition. i must get through about a bottle of this every term (as a student that's how i judge the value cost-wise of things) so while it's a little pricey on my budget, i wouldn't ever think of using anything else. i love the brush, but tend to find that after a while the bottle gunks up and it gets a little thicker; although i find that with all nail products, so no biggie.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 8:51:00 AM More reviews by littleliverbird

This is the ONLY product that stopped me biting my nails.I started using it on Christmas eve 2008 as a last ditch attempt to grow my nails (I have bitten them since I was a kid and relied on falsies, though hated the feel of them). I have tried many treatments and products in the past, but even when I managed to get a bit of nail growth, my nails would be so weak they would bend and break. I have always been so self conscious of my nails and tried to hide them so people could not see how disgusting they were. I used to have false nails applied, but hated them. I apply nail envy every other day (I use the green original one), just one coat, then at the end of every week I remove it and apply two coats then start the process again. It's been four months now of doing this and I still have a tiny bit left in my bottle (I've already purchased another one). I now have gorgeous, strong nails and they grow so long that I went for my very first manicure the other day! It was a proud moment, especially when the beautician said I had really long nails and she wished hers could grow like mine! I would highly recommend this ladies. It REALLY works. I am now the proud owner of gorgeous, healthy, strong nails AND an ever growing collection of nail polishes!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by formerfatty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this - It's not invisible, it's shiny when dry and looks like clear polish. I've been using it about a month and my nails are much stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by shammond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wear my nails natural just getting manicures with polish. I've found the OPI Top Coat to work perfect. It is so long lasting....keeps the polish looking great much longer! The combination of OPI polish & top cost gives a great look! Will always buy these products! :-)