April 19, 2014 | 1887 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by rlmazzo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ran out of my normal foundation over the weekend, and knew I had a sample of this out of a magazine, so I figured I'd give it a whirl if the color was good. The first thing I noticed was that the consistency was a little thick and sticky, but that it had med-FULLish coverage, which I need, b/c I have some acne marks, redness around my nose, and dark undereye circles (lucky me.) The second thing I noticed was that it was a PERFECT color match (natural beige.)
I use benzol peroxide cream, day moisturizer, and a cheap powder to set. (NOT using a primer at the moment.)
It gave great coverage and lasted ALL DAY. I didn't use concealer, and noticed my problem areas poking through by the end of day, but with some concealer, I'm sure it would be good.
The other thing I really liked about this is that I normally use concealer, foundation and powder which gives me a very matte, dry look which I don't like, but like more than problem skin. :/ With this, after a few hours my skin had a very dewy look to it, not oily, just very fresh and dewy on my cheeks. I have very dry skin, and have NEVER had dewy skin with full coverage, so to me this was awesome. It also made my pores look teeny tiny.
I have bought it, and after two days, really like it alot. My HG is Estee Lauder, but I am overseas and it's super expensive here. I got this on sale for $18, and am very grateful I decided to try the sample.
I would def recommend this, especially to someone that has somewhat dry skin (Revlon colorstay didn't work for me, too dry-looking.)
I did notice a little oxidation in the corner between my nose and eyes, just a tiny bit, but I was walking all day in the city and sun, so I really can't complain about that, just blended a little with my finger.
Oh, btw, it is warm and pretty humid here, and I walked for about 4 hours, so the fact that it didn't melt away was pretty impressive! :)
EDIT: I've dropped my rating by a star, because I forgot to mention the terrible packaging. Thick glass bottle that just pours liquid out. I can't believe they still use this 1980s packaging, it is so inconvenient and unsanitary. So, not only is is hard to get out the amount I need, or see how much is left, it's also very hard to pour the thick liquid out. Also, after having it a week and loving it, the color has now turned to a darker orange that doesn't match my skin tone anymore. I'm guessing this is from oxidation and air getting in, even though I'm very careful to close it each time. Very disappointing. :( If it were not for the packaging, I would stay at 4 stars, because the product itself started out great.

UPDATE Jan 2012: I am bumping my rating up a notch, b/c I switched shades to Sand Beige and the color stays true. I've also started using a primer again, and I really like the coverage this provides with it. My faves are still Estee Lauder and MAC (NW20), but this is the best drugstore brand I've tried, and the color is pretty good. All in all, I still wish they had more colors and a pump or squeeze package, but will probably end up using this for at least another bottle, until I start to get tanner and then the color hunt will begin again. At $10 a bottle, the formula is pretty good to make me switch for now.
Going on 3 months/bottles of this, and has not caused any skin issues either. *knocks wood!*

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a little on the fence about this product. I bought it one time when I had a particulary bad breakout and my tinted moisturizer wasnt cutting it. I wanted something that I could sheer out, that didnt make my skin oily, and lasted all day bc i do not believe in touch ups. i really like the consistency of this foundation. I am NC45/50 and purchased this foundation in Carmel, it works perfectly with my complexion once blended into my skin. I liked the finish (after using Milk of Magnesia in my tzone prior to foundation application) and setting with a light powder. There is no SPF so it doesnt give you a white cast...and it truly does last all day. If i apply it to my cheeks (which is my only "problem" area) and blend out everywhere else, I dont even need to cover anything with concealer...just a light dusting of a finishing powder (MSFN, or Maybelline FitMe powder) and I am literally set for the day. I think I will mostly use this foundation at night because like I said earlier, no white cast, and that is my biggest issues with my HGs (MAC F&B...which says it doesnt have SPF but I do find that i still sometimes look a tab chalky, and MACs tinted moisturizer). I would def repurchase, I found it a much better quality than a number of other higher end liquid foundations. my ISSUE, is the stupid bottle. Why are glass bottles with no pump, and HUGE openings a good idea? Who designed this? I hate the bottle...and thats why I do not know if I will purchase again. other than that...its over all pretty great. i think a lot of people would enjoy it....i love flawless skin...and this helps me achieve that. If it had a pump top, I think would be my ONLY night time foundation....bc it doesnt have a pump....it cannot be my fav :(

UPDATE: Ok I lied...I find that I go to this WAY more than my higher end foundations consistantly...the ONLY foundation it rivals in my current rotation is my Illamasqua SkinBase...they are both flawfless, they both match great on my skin...I will prob use this more because its cheaper, and reserve the SB for going out and events...I now wear this foundation all the time...great sheered out with lotion for work, great at night....stays all day, I dont get oily and my shade (Carmel) doesnt get orange throughout the day....I still hate the bottle...but I will deal bc i love the product

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Karolyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was on a seach for the liquid foundation with full coverage for the longest time. I have used many drug store and many HE foundations. Although I did find some HE that gave me what I was looking for but I was just not ready to repurchase $75 foundation that lasts only for few months. So I did look up ome reviews and decided to try this foundation. I'm ~NC25-30 and I picked up Classic beige. When I came home I though that color is a bit too light and just by looking at the color it made an impression that my face can look dull... not what I was looking for obviously. Boy was I wrong!!! :) Color is exactly my match and it did not make my face ashy color. It was dewy and fresh and coverage was there. I did not even need a concealer for the undereye area. I see that others are complaining about the transfering, I do not have this problem because I use powder to set it. I also use primer so my foundation looks nice and fresh even after 12 hour day. It gave me everything I was looking for. I think this amazing foundation might be my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by atothemandax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard so many great reviews on this product so I ended up buying it and trying it out myself. I usually don't use liquid foundation but I decided, why not? I love this product! I don't wear it on a daily because it's too hot and I hate wearing liquid foundation when it's hot out, but on nights when I go out this is my go-to foundation!

Pros:
Stays on all night which is amazing for my oily skin!
Medium to full coverage - sometimes I don't even use a concealer!
Doesn't break me out.
Pretty cheap for the quality.

Cons:
Does transfer despite the claims but I don't think there's a foundation out there that won't transfer AT ALL.
Packaging can get a little messy. A pump would be nice.

I'm happy with this purchase and I totally recommend this to everyone! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Stinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, I had this in my drawer and ran out of Revlon C/S (my HG). I don't wear foundation everyday so I didn't want to go out and buy a new c/s when I had this. I used it I think twice in a week and yes I did break out. I went to work after applying it and had a little white head and lots already had an oily face. I didn't use a primer or set it though but I don't need to with good foundations. I also found it to be very orange for my cool tones so it just isn't worth buying again and I did throw it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by makeup1love

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup
I love this foundation, before superstay I've been using dream matte mouse which was okay but nothing compared to superstay.
Superstay stays on all day but for me it does transfer on clothing and sometimes other people lol, so I really have to apply a good finishing powder from Nars and I don't have that problem.
Coverage with superstay is amazing, you can apply it light or heavy and it covers regardless. I really goes on smooth with fingers, sponge or my favorite way with a stippling brush.
I really wish it came in a pump, and maybe that's something I can buy for it but a lot comes out when I pour it over and I end up through the excess away.
Really love this product I use caramel which is almost my perfect shade its a bit dark, but Maybelline only has two shades for darker skin tones and I'm a lighter caramel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this foundation! It's just like the Revlon CS but I love the finish so much more! Both are very thick, which I like because I need the coverage and I'm used to the feeling of foundation on my face so I don't feel it. CS was my HG for the longest time, but when I ran out, I just decided to pick this up after hearing a review on youtube. CS's finish is matte but doesn't seem to fully dry on me, it's a little wet feeling after. To solve that, I just set it with a powder. For this, it dries to a satin finish and is DRY after a few minutes. I don't need to set this with powder. For reference, I have very oily skin. NC32 very warm undertones (yellow). I'm in the shade classic beige and it matches perfectly and doesn't oxidize. Wears for a full day for me 12+ hours, not perfect by the end of the day, but it still looks great. I use my everyday minerals flat top kabuki for this and it works wonders.

* Update: 05/14/2013
This color is still the perfect match for me. I apply this now with either my beauty blender or still my Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki. The beauty blender gives it the most beautiful flawless finish though. I can't get enough of this foundation! It applies smoothly and dries down like a dream - like I said earlier, a satin finish. Not too matte, but not dewy to the point where my oily skin can't handle it. I'll set this around my t-zone just because of my skin type, but if I forget - it's not big deal, I don't get too greasy. This is still just my perfect foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by kuppcake98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i got this foundation on sale for around 10$ CA. and it was definately worth my money! i have acne scares and the mabelline super stay makeup covers it up pretty well. after i applied the foundation, my skin felt so soft and smooth!! luv it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by gulimba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NO WAY JOSE,did i mention i hate this foundation?

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by samsam28

I was really excited to purchase this product since it was on sale at Walgreens. I used a damp sponge to apply the foundation which worked well. However, whether it was due to the wrong color selection or just because it's the way it is, it made me look orange. I was skeptical since a few of the responses below reported that the foundation made them look orange too, I have confirmed this as well. I really wanted to like this foundation because it was cheap and had good reviews. Bummer for me.