September 15, 2014 | 868 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by annalynne

Medium-full coverage, easy to blend. It stays on and it lasted the longest out of all of my foundations. It does not last 24 hours, but it lasts pretty long, about 12 hours.

The only downside, they need a wider selection of colors. The shades don't suit yellow skin tones. They're more beige than they are yellow. Getting color matched is difficult because it doesn't tell you which is cool, warm, or neutral toned.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by tebstout

This is my new HG foundation! It evens out my skintone, matches my coloring perfectly, and is overall fabulous! I have combination skin and usually have a "glowing" face mid-day and a greasy face by the time I drive home. With this makeup I just have a glowing face by the end of the day, easily touched up with oil-absorbing papers. I love it and will definitely be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by emilychristine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried so so many foundations. I had bought this about three months ago, in hopes it would be a foundation that actually had staying power, medium coverage, and a matte/ dewy combination finish. I do not really remember liking this my first few tries, so I put it back in my drawer and didn't touch it until last weekend again. I had watched a makeup tutorial with this foundation and decided to try it once more. I'm so happy I did because it truly lasts for a very long time.
I apply my makeup at 7AM and take it off at about 10:30PM. That's not exactly 24 hrs, but it's long enough. At night when I'm about to take it off, it is still there....almost all of it. I did notice that it does fade a bit, but every foundation does. I did notice that it flakes a bit around my t-zone area, but if I apply a lot of lotion in the morning, it doesn't really do much of that. It does get a bit oily in my t-zone as well, but very minimum. I do not use a powder, so I feel as if that would fix that problem. It provides a very clean looking finish, sort of dewy and matte. It gives a healthy glow. I don't apply too much at all, because I have good skin anyways, so I just like a bit of medium coverage since I don't use a concealer. It does good with covering up dark areas and evens out redness. It looks very healthy on my face.

The packaging does stink, but it's something I had to get used to. The price is awesome for a drugstore...like $8 or so.

have fun (: I would recommend this.

PS-this stuff is also a water-based foundation and oil-free. It did not give me any acne whatsoever, and I have very sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mbeaute

Quick review:
I've been using this for 2 years and I still love it. I have a medium skin tone and I use the the shade Classic Beige- no orange or pink undertones whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

HG drugstore foundation. HANDS DOWN! Stays on all day & has amazing coverage :) I purchased 3 bottles so far! I think that's saying something!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by brittany9896

The foundation is decent and the coverage is medium. The only problem is that even the lightest colour (porcelain ivory) is way too dark and tan for me:(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by abmg1208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the foundation that I use everyday. Although I am always on the search for a miracle foundation, this is the closest I have gotten and I always end up coming back to this. I am a snob when it comes to makeup quality, I have no problem paying out the ass for amazing quality. This is the one product in my makeup collection that is drugstore, and I swear by it! I have rather dry skin so I stick to liquid foundations. I've tried everything from Smashbox to Estee Lauder to Paula Dorf and nothing has made me as satisfied as Maybelline's Superstay foundation. I have no skin problems but I always opt for fuller coverage foundations (to cover my light freckles which I hate!). This foundation is highly pigmented, covers AMAZINGLY, blends well, has a satin finish, and gives a flawless look.
It advertises that it has 24 hour wear and does not transfer. I have to say that that is half true. This foundation begins to melt off after about 12 hours, then again, I don't powder my foundation because I prefer a dewy look. I have never had problems with transfer though, so it does hold up that promise. And mind you, i build up this foundation quite a lot. I've tried countless high end foundations and none of them (so far) have made me as happy as this product has. I definitely recommend this product! Only 9 dollars! One thing I would change is that I wish it had a pump, but other than that, I love it. It is the lone non-professional product in my makeup collection and it'll stay that way unless I happen to find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by rlmazzo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ran out of my normal foundation over the weekend, and knew I had a sample of this out of a magazine, so I figured I'd give it a whirl if the color was good. The first thing I noticed was that the consistency was a little thick and sticky, but that it had med-FULLish coverage, which I need, b/c I have some acne marks, redness around my nose, and dark undereye circles (lucky me.) The second thing I noticed was that it was a PERFECT color match (natural beige.)
I use benzol peroxide cream, day moisturizer, and a cheap powder to set. (NOT using a primer at the moment.)
It gave great coverage and lasted ALL DAY. I didn't use concealer, and noticed my problem areas poking through by the end of day, but with some concealer, I'm sure it would be good.
The other thing I really liked about this is that I normally use concealer, foundation and powder which gives me a very matte, dry look which I don't like, but like more than problem skin. :/ With this, after a few hours my skin had a very dewy look to it, not oily, just very fresh and dewy on my cheeks. I have very dry skin, and have NEVER had dewy skin with full coverage, so to me this was awesome. It also made my pores look teeny tiny.
I have bought it, and after two days, really like it alot. My HG is Estee Lauder, but I am overseas and it's super expensive here. I got this on sale for $18, and am very grateful I decided to try the sample.
I would def recommend this, especially to someone that has somewhat dry skin (Revlon colorstay didn't work for me, too dry-looking.)
I did notice a little oxidation in the corner between my nose and eyes, just a tiny bit, but I was walking all day in the city and sun, so I really can't complain about that, just blended a little with my finger.
Oh, btw, it is warm and pretty humid here, and I walked for about 4 hours, so the fact that it didn't melt away was pretty impressive! :)
EDIT: I've dropped my rating by a star, because I forgot to mention the terrible packaging. Thick glass bottle that just pours liquid out. I can't believe they still use this 1980s packaging, it is so inconvenient and unsanitary. So, not only is is hard to get out the amount I need, or see how much is left, it's also very hard to pour the thick liquid out. Also, after having it a week and loving it, the color has now turned to a darker orange that doesn't match my skin tone anymore. I'm guessing this is from oxidation and air getting in, even though I'm very careful to close it each time. Very disappointing. :( If it were not for the packaging, I would stay at 4 stars, because the product itself started out great.

UPDATE Jan 2012: I am bumping my rating up a notch, b/c I switched shades to Sand Beige and the color stays true. I've also started using a primer again, and I really like the coverage this provides with it. My faves are still Estee Lauder and MAC (NW20), but this is the best drugstore brand I've tried, and the color is pretty good. All in all, I still wish they had more colors and a pump or squeeze package, but will probably end up using this for at least another bottle, until I start to get tanner and then the color hunt will begin again. At $10 a bottle, the formula is pretty good to make me switch for now.
Going on 3 months/bottles of this, and has not caused any skin issues either. *knocks wood!*

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a little on the fence about this product. I bought it one time when I had a particulary bad breakout and my tinted moisturizer wasnt cutting it. I wanted something that I could sheer out, that didnt make my skin oily, and lasted all day bc i do not believe in touch ups. i really like the consistency of this foundation. I am NC45/50 and purchased this foundation in Carmel, it works perfectly with my complexion once blended into my skin. I liked the finish (after using Milk of Magnesia in my tzone prior to foundation application) and setting with a light powder. There is no SPF so it doesnt give you a white cast...and it truly does last all day. If i apply it to my cheeks (which is my only "problem" area) and blend out everywhere else, I dont even need to cover anything with concealer...just a light dusting of a finishing powder (MSFN, or Maybelline FitMe powder) and I am literally set for the day. I think I will mostly use this foundation at night because like I said earlier, no white cast, and that is my biggest issues with my HGs (MAC F&B...which says it doesnt have SPF but I do find that i still sometimes look a tab chalky, and MACs tinted moisturizer). I would def repurchase, I found it a much better quality than a number of other higher end liquid foundations. my ISSUE, is the stupid bottle. Why are glass bottles with no pump, and HUGE openings a good idea? Who designed this? I hate the bottle...and thats why I do not know if I will purchase again. other than that...its over all pretty great. i think a lot of people would enjoy it....i love flawless skin...and this helps me achieve that. If it had a pump top, I think would be my ONLY night time foundation....bc it doesnt have a pump....it cannot be my fav :(

UPDATE: Ok I lied...I find that I go to this WAY more than my higher end foundations consistantly...the ONLY foundation it rivals in my current rotation is my Illamasqua SkinBase...they are both flawfless, they both match great on my skin...I will prob use this more because its cheaper, and reserve the SB for going out and events...I now wear this foundation all the time...great sheered out with lotion for work, great at night....stays all day, I dont get oily and my shade (Carmel) doesnt get orange throughout the day....I still hate the bottle...but I will deal bc i love the product

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Karolyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was on a seach for the liquid foundation with full coverage for the longest time. I have used many drug store and many HE foundations. Although I did find some HE that gave me what I was looking for but I was just not ready to repurchase $75 foundation that lasts only for few months. So I did look up ome reviews and decided to try this foundation. I'm ~NC25-30 and I picked up Classic beige. When I came home I though that color is a bit too light and just by looking at the color it made an impression that my face can look dull... not what I was looking for obviously. Boy was I wrong!!! :) Color is exactly my match and it did not make my face ashy color. It was dewy and fresh and coverage was there. I did not even need a concealer for the undereye area. I see that others are complaining about the transfering, I do not have this problem because I use powder to set it. I also use primer so my foundation looks nice and fresh even after 12 hour day. It gave me everything I was looking for. I think this amazing foundation might be my HG.