October 24, 2014 | 1590 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by rlovesc

Let me just start off by saying- I LOVE this foundation! I was strolling through the makeup isle in wal mart and seen the maybelline superstay 24 hour makeup and having heard a lot of great reviews, I decided to try it out! I am so glad I did! I got mine in the color sand beige, which matches beautifully on my skin! I have a lot of red undertones in my skin, and this covers them up. The foundation blends very well and a little goes a long ways! It doesn't take me a long time to apply it with my eco tools foundation brush. I am a huge colorstay fan, and this foundation is fighting for its number one spot! A lot of people compare the two, but I like them both, but for different reasons. Superstay leaves my skin with such a nice finish. It's not matte, and not dewy. It leaves me with a 'healthy looking glow'. I have an oily forehead and nose and have had this makeup in for 13 hours now and it still looks nice! I even took a quick nap in it and I had no transfer of the foundation too my pillow. I also have a lot of hormonal tennage acne problems going on and it covers up any bumps! (my acne is just skin colored bumps on my forehead, although I have about 3 red bumps on my face) I would most definitely recommend this foundation to anyone! I think it is great and very affordable. This is my go to, everyday make up and I will be repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ep3074

I purchased this because I was out of Revlon ColorStay and I had heard this foundation was comparable (and it was on sale.) The main gripe I have with this is the color selection. I'm nw20 in MAC and the lightest shade of this foundation is too dark for me. It's also too orange. The formula is similar to Revlon ColorStay but I think I'll stick to that because they have my shade/undertones to choose from.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by mirahvk

I have sensitive skin- and this made me break-out. It seems to be a well-liked product and I do see why- it does last long, but I guess my pores just suck! I also don't like the packaging but it's a common problem - I don't like to waste product and having to dig my fingers in there and tap it like a Tabasco bottle is not fun.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by annalynne

Medium-full coverage, easy to blend. It stays on and it lasted the longest out of all of my foundations. It does not last 24 hours, but it lasts pretty long, about 12 hours.

The only downside, they need a wider selection of colors. The shades don't suit yellow skin tones. They're more beige than they are yellow. Getting color matched is difficult because it doesn't tell you which is cool, warm, or neutral toned.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by tebstout

This is my new HG foundation! It evens out my skintone, matches my coloring perfectly, and is overall fabulous! I have combination skin and usually have a "glowing" face mid-day and a greasy face by the time I drive home. With this makeup I just have a glowing face by the end of the day, easily touched up with oil-absorbing papers. I love it and will definitely be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by emilychristine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried so so many foundations. I had bought this about three months ago, in hopes it would be a foundation that actually had staying power, medium coverage, and a matte/ dewy combination finish. I do not really remember liking this my first few tries, so I put it back in my drawer and didn't touch it until last weekend again. I had watched a makeup tutorial with this foundation and decided to try it once more. I'm so happy I did because it truly lasts for a very long time.
I apply my makeup at 7AM and take it off at about 10:30PM. That's not exactly 24 hrs, but it's long enough. At night when I'm about to take it off, it is still there....almost all of it. I did notice that it does fade a bit, but every foundation does. I did notice that it flakes a bit around my t-zone area, but if I apply a lot of lotion in the morning, it doesn't really do much of that. It does get a bit oily in my t-zone as well, but very minimum. I do not use a powder, so I feel as if that would fix that problem. It provides a very clean looking finish, sort of dewy and matte. It gives a healthy glow. I don't apply too much at all, because I have good skin anyways, so I just like a bit of medium coverage since I don't use a concealer. It does good with covering up dark areas and evens out redness. It looks very healthy on my face.

The packaging does stink, but it's something I had to get used to. The price is awesome for a drugstore...like $8 or so.

have fun (: I would recommend this.

PS-this stuff is also a water-based foundation and oil-free. It did not give me any acne whatsoever, and I have very sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mbeaute

Quick review:
I've been using this for 2 years and I still love it. I have a medium skin tone and I use the the shade Classic Beige- no orange or pink undertones whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

HG drugstore foundation. HANDS DOWN! Stays on all day & has amazing coverage :) I purchased 3 bottles so far! I think that's saying something!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by brittany9896

The foundation is decent and the coverage is medium. The only problem is that even the lightest colour (porcelain ivory) is way too dark and tan for me:(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by abmg1208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the foundation that I use everyday. Although I am always on the search for a miracle foundation, this is the closest I have gotten and I always end up coming back to this. I am a snob when it comes to makeup quality, I have no problem paying out the ass for amazing quality. This is the one product in my makeup collection that is drugstore, and I swear by it! I have rather dry skin so I stick to liquid foundations. I've tried everything from Smashbox to Estee Lauder to Paula Dorf and nothing has made me as satisfied as Maybelline's Superstay foundation. I have no skin problems but I always opt for fuller coverage foundations (to cover my light freckles which I hate!). This foundation is highly pigmented, covers AMAZINGLY, blends well, has a satin finish, and gives a flawless look.
It advertises that it has 24 hour wear and does not transfer. I have to say that that is half true. This foundation begins to melt off after about 12 hours, then again, I don't powder my foundation because I prefer a dewy look. I have never had problems with transfer though, so it does hold up that promise. And mind you, i build up this foundation quite a lot. I've tried countless high end foundations and none of them (so far) have made me as happy as this product has. I definitely recommend this product! Only 9 dollars! One thing I would change is that I wish it had a pump, but other than that, I love it. It is the lone non-professional product in my makeup collection and it'll stay that way unless I happen to find something better.