December 19, 2014 | 1614 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

Totally broke me out and made me a bit itchy. And I bought the wrong shade - FAWN.
I thought I was dark enough coming home from Thailand so I tried it again, but it made my skin dull and looking dirty. Texture is quite thick and feels nice on the skin. I would say this is a medium-full cover foundation. I'm a NC40 right now for reference.
The glassbottle is nice and it has a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by veronicatham

One of my favorite drugstore foundations. On my fourth or fifth bottle.

I'm a liquid foundation kind of girl. I need coverage, but not too much coverage. I'm an NC20 in MAC, and I got the color Sand Beige.

I love how this foundation feels on my face, and I love the staying power. I wouldn't say it lasts 24 hours, but a solid 10 at most. With primer and setting powder. The formula isn't too much for me. It's a bit more thick than other liquid foundations, but if you apply it correctly, it smooths out very well. I use a classic foundation brush to apply, and a stippling brush to blend.

My only problem with this foundation is the color range. As with most drugstore foundations, it's a little too much on the pink side. I'm asian, and I have very fair skin, but it's yellow undertoned. Sand Beige matches me closely, but it's a bit too pink if you look at my face directly in the sunlight. It's not THAT bad though.. that's why I still use it. But more yellow toned foundations in this line and in drugstore foundations would we awesome.

Overall, love this foundation. One of my holy grails, I guess you could say.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by PerfectMistake

Let me start by saying I am a spoiled rotten MAC girl. I love my $27 foundation and don't care! That is, until now :)

My sister applies my stage makeup, I went over without my bag because we have the same taste in makeup, but to my surprise this is the only foundation she had. At first I was kind of of irritated because, again, spoiled! So she applies it over what little Studio Sculpt I had left on my face and it looked AMAZING (yes, that good) on my skin!!

The next show I had she was unavailable to apply my makeup so I just went and bought a bottle (because compared to MAC it was no biggy and I was intrigued) of Sand Beige, I am MAC NC25. Sand Beige is what she had, so that's what I got but I am thinking I can try and go a shade dark. I don't look pale or off-colored in the least, just one shade up may be perfect.

Anyhow, I used it on a clean face (remember, the first time was on top of left-over) and was still very impressed. I use a foundation brush and it went of smooth, even and streak free! The coverage is ideal for me. It's not a totally full coverage, but it's pretty close. It lets the natural shades of your skin show through so you don't look flat but evens the spots and gives you nice coverage. The finished look is divine! It's almost natural-looking, I really like it. I also like that it's buildable without looking thick, it only takes a little product and a thin layer to get you where you are going!

We will see if it helps with my recent oily t-zone problem, I will update! I want to say it minimize pores a little, especially when paired with a finishing powder and most certainly doesn't accentuate them, which I like!

But yes....the packaging is annoying. To go from a squeeze tube to this is a big change - but the good outshines the bad in a BIG way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by rlovesc

Let me just start off by saying- I LOVE this foundation! I was strolling through the makeup isle in wal mart and seen the maybelline superstay 24 hour makeup and having heard a lot of great reviews, I decided to try it out! I am so glad I did! I got mine in the color sand beige, which matches beautifully on my skin! I have a lot of red undertones in my skin, and this covers them up. The foundation blends very well and a little goes a long ways! It doesn't take me a long time to apply it with my eco tools foundation brush. I am a huge colorstay fan, and this foundation is fighting for its number one spot! A lot of people compare the two, but I like them both, but for different reasons. Superstay leaves my skin with such a nice finish. It's not matte, and not dewy. It leaves me with a 'healthy looking glow'. I have an oily forehead and nose and have had this makeup in for 13 hours now and it still looks nice! I even took a quick nap in it and I had no transfer of the foundation too my pillow. I also have a lot of hormonal tennage acne problems going on and it covers up any bumps! (my acne is just skin colored bumps on my forehead, although I have about 3 red bumps on my face) I would most definitely recommend this foundation to anyone! I think it is great and very affordable. This is my go to, everyday make up and I will be repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ep3074

I purchased this because I was out of Revlon ColorStay and I had heard this foundation was comparable (and it was on sale.) The main gripe I have with this is the color selection. I'm nw20 in MAC and the lightest shade of this foundation is too dark for me. It's also too orange. The formula is similar to Revlon ColorStay but I think I'll stick to that because they have my shade/undertones to choose from.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by mirahvk

I have sensitive skin- and this made me break-out. It seems to be a well-liked product and I do see why- it does last long, but I guess my pores just suck! I also don't like the packaging but it's a common problem - I don't like to waste product and having to dig my fingers in there and tap it like a Tabasco bottle is not fun.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by annalynne

Medium-full coverage, easy to blend. It stays on and it lasted the longest out of all of my foundations. It does not last 24 hours, but it lasts pretty long, about 12 hours.

The only downside, they need a wider selection of colors. The shades don't suit yellow skin tones. They're more beige than they are yellow. Getting color matched is difficult because it doesn't tell you which is cool, warm, or neutral toned.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by tebstout

This is my new HG foundation! It evens out my skintone, matches my coloring perfectly, and is overall fabulous! I have combination skin and usually have a "glowing" face mid-day and a greasy face by the time I drive home. With this makeup I just have a glowing face by the end of the day, easily touched up with oil-absorbing papers. I love it and will definitely be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by emilychristine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried so so many foundations. I had bought this about three months ago, in hopes it would be a foundation that actually had staying power, medium coverage, and a matte/ dewy combination finish. I do not really remember liking this my first few tries, so I put it back in my drawer and didn't touch it until last weekend again. I had watched a makeup tutorial with this foundation and decided to try it once more. I'm so happy I did because it truly lasts for a very long time.
I apply my makeup at 7AM and take it off at about 10:30PM. That's not exactly 24 hrs, but it's long enough. At night when I'm about to take it off, it is still there....almost all of it. I did notice that it does fade a bit, but every foundation does. I did notice that it flakes a bit around my t-zone area, but if I apply a lot of lotion in the morning, it doesn't really do much of that. It does get a bit oily in my t-zone as well, but very minimum. I do not use a powder, so I feel as if that would fix that problem. It provides a very clean looking finish, sort of dewy and matte. It gives a healthy glow. I don't apply too much at all, because I have good skin anyways, so I just like a bit of medium coverage since I don't use a concealer. It does good with covering up dark areas and evens out redness. It looks very healthy on my face.

The packaging does stink, but it's something I had to get used to. The price is awesome for a drugstore...like $8 or so.

have fun (: I would recommend this.

PS-this stuff is also a water-based foundation and oil-free. It did not give me any acne whatsoever, and I have very sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mbeaute

Quick review:
I've been using this for 2 years and I still love it. I have a medium skin tone and I use the the shade Classic Beige- no orange or pink undertones whatsoever.