October 31, 2014 | 1396 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Lash DNA

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by chiquilla82

i purchased this at ULTA, after hearing much hype about how great this mascara was.. i was happy to snag the last one there, and played with it as soon as i got home.. well, i am not impressed..
i put it on a few times, and still got the same results.. barely there lashes.. it didn't even define them.. i got better results from a $4 mascara.. for $19 i can go to the cheapie section and load up on Revlon lipsticks..
like i haven't been kicked down hard enough, i noticed that there is some sort of strange smell coming from this.. i guess my asthma makes me sensitive to things, but i swear whatever it was, my head was throbbing afterwards... definately going to return this...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by preleste

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A great mascara! Wanted an everyday mascara which made my puny lashes noticeable and this one is IT.

It is very non-waterproof which of course has its ups and down. So far does NOT flake with all day wear.

Highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by PlaysWithMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is new from Smashbox. I was looking for an overall mascara at Sephora, and I specifically asked for something else than Diorshow, as all MUA seem to suggest that. So, they (yes I had two people helping me, hehe) suggested the new Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara.

What really drew me to this mascara is that it is packed with proteins and amino acids to help your damaged lashes. And for me, the more I've been using makeup, the more damaged my lashes get. From eyelash curlers, mascara, soap, rubbing my eyes, etc. I have noticed over the last couple of years my lashes have been getting more and more sparse :( Anyway, I just bought this two days ago, so I honestly can't comment if I see an improvement yet. That will have to wait.

This comes with a "double helix" brush. And I must say, it is a big brush! But you know what? It captures every little lash you have and fans em out. So pretty! I love that it can grab every lash! It really defines your lashes, doesn't clump em together at all. Its easy to manuver if you are a mascara junkie like me. It may be harder for newbies. Just takes practice, thats all :)

The formula is nice, it doesn't make my lashes stiff, it doesn't clump (I always put at least two coats of mascara on), and it comes with instructions. I followed the instructions and it really does work with the technique they instruct you to do. The pigment is perfect, its a dark jet black - so if you want that definition you get it here. It also has no weird smell or anything. It also does not smudge, does not flake, does not smear! It stays on all day, and I have oily skin, so the staying power is really good. Even so, it washes off easily with face cleanser and water.

The final result is doe eyed lashes. Not crazy volume, but you do get some pretty lashes, a little thickening, a little length, and just plain pretty doe eyed lashes! I do recommend this for every day use. Plus, it's only $19! And for special outings, going out on the town, etc etc, just apply more coats to get more dramatic lashes :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No