September 23, 2014 | 1778 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

No, this mascara didn't do the trick for me. At all. The formula is way too runny and it takes too long, even with makeup-remover for waterproof makeup, to remove it at night. The volume is no way near "colossal", neither.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by booboo242

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an alright mascara. It does a decent job at lengthening and lasts a long time, but I don't think I'll repurchase this unless I can't find a better mascara. It clumps a little too much, the formula is too wet, it doesn't do a good job volumizing, it's really hard to wash off, and it won't hold a curl longer than a couple hours. I do like the brush, though, because it has synthetic bristles and I prefer those over rubber bristles. It doesn't flake or smudge, either. Some people complain about the smell (slightly rosey) but it doesn't bother me any, as it goes away as soon as you apply it. I think it would probably be a better mascara for people who have thicker lashes than me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Eh, this was okay to me. It did all right with the lengthening and volumizing, but it dries pretty quickly on my lashes so I can't really build it up. I also noticed that the WP version claims to add 7x more volume whereas the regular adds 9x volume. I don't know by how much these mascaras add volume, but I do find that this doesn't add as much as the regular version. I have this one in Glam Black, which is pretty dark and has a glossy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by prettyvalerina

Another maybelline great. Very dark and awesome volume plus waterproof! I use this to hold the curl of my lashes at my lashline only most days. It does tend to flake after a few hours if used alone is why I don't personally use it as my only mascara. Other than that...no complaints! It's worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by jennyb1987

I love this mascara! It easily comes off with makeup remover (unlike so many other brands that take forever to take off!!) I wear it everyday and it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by anisabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got my makeup done for my senior pictures a few months ago & the MUA used this mascara (not sure if it was regular or waterproof) & it made my lashes look phenomenal! So since then, I've been meaning to pick up this mascara & I finally did last week. I have to say, this has been reached for every day since then. It separates my lashes but gives them tons of volume at the same time, the brush can be thanked for that. I looovvvveee the way it makes my bottom lashes look especially. This is a great mascara & is quickly becoming my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by LVTaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Hands down one of the best waterproof mascaras I've ever used. I wore it to the beach and even after a whole day of being owned by the waves, my lashes stayed in place! I have light eyebrows too due to the fact that I'm blonde and sometimes I would put a little of the mascara on them and those too, stayed in place. LOVE this mascara. No clumps, no panda eyes, does what it says and lives up to it's name. Definitely repurchasing this again. Forget luxury brand mascaras!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by dragonfly16

I got the waterproof & non waterproof version of this mascara through a BOGO promo. I did not have any success with the non waterproof version at all - raccoon eyes, does not hold a curl, clumpy - just one of the worst mascara that i've used - so in the trash it went. I hesitated to use the waterproof version, bc i thought it'd be the same, but a big difference it was for me. No raccoon eyes, it lengthened & separated my lashes really well. Not too much volumizing unless i apply several coats. But overall, not a bad mascara at all, I'll repurchase again

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by MommiePretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

ever since Max Factor stopped selling in the US (*SOB!!*) I've been trying to find a cheapie replacement for my HG 2000 Calorie Aqua Lash mascara. this ain't it. :| I picked up a tube of this thinking, "eh, if I hate it, it's only a $6 lesson, right?" right -- that's EXACTLY what this is: a $6 lesson :P panda eyes in less than 4 hrs, and I don't have oily eyelids or live in a humid climate. BAH. the search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by MelissaNZ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara.

It fans out my lashes and makes them nice and long while holding my curl amazingly!!

It doesn't really thicken them unless you keep applying it, but I don't tend to do a lot of mascara layers anyway.

I have this is glam brown and glam black, I got glam brown the first time I used it and didn't know it was brown, but I used it anyway because I really liked it. Now I use the glam black.

Overall I use this EVERYDAY and it is hard to find for a cheap price in NZ, because my first one cost me $15 on sale and they usually retail for around $25 in stores.

But then there was a make-up sale they have every year here and of course I go every year! This amazing stuff was only $7! So I got two, maybe I should have gotten more haha..

Also I have typical asian lashes..

GET THIS STUFF!