October 25, 2014 | 1769 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This was a decent mascara and one of the first I actually used up before it dried up. It doesn't give much drama, just a rich black with a little curl and some volume. It did have one drawback, throughout the day it would transfer/meltoff onto my brow bone, i had to keep wiping it off...i have long lashes but it has only happened with this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by AJlovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitley enjoyed this product. It has very cute packaging and since I bought the waterproof version, it stayed on all day like it was supposed to but was a pain to get off.

The price was around 6 to 7 dollars, which is the average price for a mascara. I bought the one in Glam Black, which has little shimmers in it.

It holds curl very nicely and makes your lashes extremely long, which is what I typically look for in a mascara.

You can find this at any drugstore that sells maybelline!

Overall I have a very positive thought about the Colossal mascara by Maybelline and I definitley suggest everyone picking it up! ♥ :]

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by CMK

Pros: Volumizes, lengthens, holds curl, and wipes off easily with eye-makeup remover

Cons: This is a "wetter" formula that requires me to keep me eyes half-open for about a minute so that it does not get on my face. This also smudges the bottom of my eyes after about 4-5 hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

No, this mascara didn't do the trick for me. At all. The formula is way too runny and it takes too long, even with makeup-remover for waterproof makeup, to remove it at night. The volume is no way near "colossal", neither.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by booboo242

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an alright mascara. It does a decent job at lengthening and lasts a long time, but I don't think I'll repurchase this unless I can't find a better mascara. It clumps a little too much, the formula is too wet, it doesn't do a good job volumizing, it's really hard to wash off, and it won't hold a curl longer than a couple hours. I do like the brush, though, because it has synthetic bristles and I prefer those over rubber bristles. It doesn't flake or smudge, either. Some people complain about the smell (slightly rosey) but it doesn't bother me any, as it goes away as soon as you apply it. I think it would probably be a better mascara for people who have thicker lashes than me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Eh, this was okay to me. It did all right with the lengthening and volumizing, but it dries pretty quickly on my lashes so I can't really build it up. I also noticed that the WP version claims to add 7x more volume whereas the regular adds 9x volume. I don't know by how much these mascaras add volume, but I do find that this doesn't add as much as the regular version. I have this one in Glam Black, which is pretty dark and has a glossy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by prettyvalerina

Another maybelline great. Very dark and awesome volume plus waterproof! I use this to hold the curl of my lashes at my lashline only most days. It does tend to flake after a few hours if used alone is why I don't personally use it as my only mascara. Other than that...no complaints! It's worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by jennyb1987

I love this mascara! It easily comes off with makeup remover (unlike so many other brands that take forever to take off!!) I wear it everyday and it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by anisabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got my makeup done for my senior pictures a few months ago & the MUA used this mascara (not sure if it was regular or waterproof) & it made my lashes look phenomenal! So since then, I've been meaning to pick up this mascara & I finally did last week. I have to say, this has been reached for every day since then. It separates my lashes but gives them tons of volume at the same time, the brush can be thanked for that. I looovvvveee the way it makes my bottom lashes look especially. This is a great mascara & is quickly becoming my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by LVTaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Hands down one of the best waterproof mascaras I've ever used. I wore it to the beach and even after a whole day of being owned by the waves, my lashes stayed in place! I have light eyebrows too due to the fact that I'm blonde and sometimes I would put a little of the mascara on them and those too, stayed in place. LOVE this mascara. No clumps, no panda eyes, does what it says and lives up to it's name. Definitely repurchasing this again. Forget luxury brand mascaras!