April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by patrickstar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh, talk about raccoon eyes! I have very short, straight lashes, but this waterproof formula created dark circles under my lashes and on my upper eyelid within 30 minutes of applying. During work I had to rub under my eyes every hour to try to get rid of the panda eyes. At the end of the night...a total disaster. Would not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddictxo

The mascara itself is nice, you can build it up easily and it gives you great volume, although if you let the coats dry inbetween, it causes clumping. I won't rebuy this because of the fact that it's a NIGHTMARE to get off! I literally lost a few eyelashes every day, even with an oil-based makeup remover. I did like the non-waterproof version tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by xzkiskazx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my new HG my best friend recommended this and I bought it today and wore it. My lashes were perfectly separated, full and long! I wanted them thicker so I added a few more coats. I love the waterproof because it doesn't smudge and holds the curl. I would definitely recommend this. You've done it again maybelline lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by WhoDoesntLuvMakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just recently bought this mascara and I don't believe in first love with my mascaras but now I am in first love. This can be natural with one sweep but for a more dramatic look, build more coats before it dries. Overall, I've had many compliments on how my lashes looked. The smell is a bit bothersome so if you can't stand strong odors, then you might reconsider.
I have recommended this mascara to many people and they have also liked it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Holmis

I really like this mascara, because it doesn't clump if you apply it right, it isn't too heavy and it gives your lashes alot of volume. The brush is really big, so it might get a bit messy if you're not used to applying mascara. I prefer maybellines other waterproof mascara that is called "the falsies", because the brush is easier to work with.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by TheCherryTree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim & ended up pretty disappointed.

I've used a variety of mascaras - Bourjois, Estée Lauder, Skin Food, The Body Shop - & in every case, the results were similar: improved volume & pigmentation, good definition & curl hold, no clumping, flaking or smudging. Also, I'm not the type to expect unrealistic results with any mascara - I'm East Asian & my lashes are considerably long, so my priorities are always volume & definition. Of course, I also expect no flaking or smudging, so I stick to waterproof formulas at all times.

This mascara (called The Magnum in Singapore, where I bought it) managed to hold my curl & make my lashes appear noticeably thicker & darker but tended to clump, even when I applied only one layer & used a brush to separate my lashes. They also made my lashes look a little too feathery for my liking.

The funny thing is, though I always make sure never to pump the brush in and / or out of the tube, this mascara worked well at first but started drying out & clumping in couple of months. It was cheap (below SGD20), the packaging was cute & it came with a pencil case & an identical pen. Let's just say I still have the pen but I've tossed the mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is one of the better waterproof mascara's that I have tried. I've tried the non-waterproof colossal and it's just as good as the waterproof version. This holds a curl much better and helps stop my lashes from looking "droopy". Is waterproof, because I tested it by splashing water in my face and it didn't budge! Gave me nice volume and length and also some great separation for my short lashes. Comes off easily with an eye makeup remover. The formula isn't too clumpy, but you still need to wipe off some of the excess on tissue. I just hate the smell of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by bellyfl0pper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this mascara! I've tried a Maybelline mascara with a primer (yuck, white primer always showed through unfortunately), Full n' Soft, and a Rimmel mascara. I got bored of the Full n' Soft because I wanted something a bit more dramatic. I almost bought it in the regular formula, but the waterproof one was rated better here so I got it instead.

It adds good length and volume and it holds curl. The brush is a bit unwieldy but with a bit of practice I've been able to handle it. Clumps were corrected with another swipe of the brush.

I haven't had a chance to wear it around for a whole day, but I wore it for about five hours for a dance performance outdoors in a light drizzle, and it held up great. Comes off with a bit of the Japanese mascara remover my friend gave me.

In summary, it's a good mascara that can go from simple to dramatic with a few extra coats. I'd recommend it to a friend for sure. In fact, I look forward to wearing it again! Thanks MUA for guiding me to a loveable and affordable mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by soyeon0930

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very watery eyes and this mascara did not smudge on me. I use Maybelline Define A Lash Length in waterproof first then use this after. it gives me a lot of volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by SkyLightsss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just another average mascara. It's alright nothing too special about this one. I would actually pick the falsies over this. The brush is big so it can be messy and it's also very easy to clump. Also it smudges quite a bit too.