Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 12/10/2011 9:44:00 AM

This is a great mascara! Blackest black and waterproof/smudge proof from 7:30 in the morning to 8:30 at night, even after a gym workout. And surprisingly it's easy to remove as well; some Biore face wash or Shu Uemura facial oil and it comes right off. Highly recommend for the quality and the price.

on 12/3/2011 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Honestly this mascara does wonders for my dull straight Asian lashes! I received compliments on how gorgeous my eyes were after using this. I absolutely adore this product other than the fact that it makes my lashes hard and 'crunchy' and it's hard to take off. For some reason, My lashes also fall off when I use this which obviously isn't ideal. I wonder why as this doesn't seems to be a problem for anyone else. It's also strange that other reviewers have commented that this makes their lashes soft..? Ugh, did I get a faulty product? I hope not. Anywho, I'll be testing this out again sometime soon.

on 11/30/2011 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the one Maybelline mascara I haven't loved. I like ones that dry on my lashes pretty instantly. Usually I can blink on a tissue immediately after applying and everything is in place/nothing comes off on the tissue. With this one, there was soo much excess. Too risky to put on and rush out the door to work. I prefer Mayelline's Stiletto and Falsies.

on 11/29/2011 8:33:00 PM

Got this in special for $17NZD so pretty cheap. Goes on nicely, no clumping and I like the big brush.
Smudges a bit at the end of the day, usually after I've been riding my horse and sweating.
Can be quite hard to get off, I usually end up with a bit of a "panda eye". Might buy again if its on special

on 11/25/2011 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Best, best, BEST mascara I've ever used! For some reason, only the waterproof version of The Colossal rocks it out for me; I tried switching to the washable version and the results were literally like night and day. I lost a ton of the volume, length and thickness I was used to with this version (waterproof) and it seemed like it clumped up a lot easier, too.

What I adore about this mascara? It delivers everything I love in a mascara; volume, thick-looking lashes without clumps, length AND ability to hold a curl. I'll curl my lashes before applying, then again after the mascara has dried & I get a gorgeous, lasting curl that holds all day.

Definitely my HG of mascaras! I always try other brands/varieties and end up right back here :)

on 11/12/2011 11:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the best mascara I've ever used. Definitely my HG! It does add a lot of volume to my lashes, and a little bit of length, too (though I think these results are probably more due to the brush than the formula of the product, as I've noticed that it tends to be the brush that ultimately makes the difference). The product itself doesn't really clump at all, so you can add several coats without your lashes getting all clumped together. If you're on the fence, I'd say go ahead and try it. It's a drugstore mascara so you're not out too much money if you're completely underwhelmed by it.

on 11/12/2011 9:26:00 PM

This did absolutely nothing for my lashes. It did not thicken or lengthen them at all. I had high hopes for the mascara because it is supposed to be dramatic and I am used to more natural mascaras. I wanted something more dramatic this time around. I also heard good things on youtube. But it was worse than any mascara i have owned in the past few years. The only good thing it did was hold my curl. For the price, it is definitely not worth it. I might give it a 2 if it were cheap...

Been using this mascara a couple months now. Holds curl wonderfully as most WP mascaras do. I don't get smudging until I've been wearing for more than 10 hours, and only if I am blinking kind of hard (I get dry eyes at the end of the day, so sometimes I close my eyes a lot and blink them sort of hard and that seems to make the mascara smudge). Separates, lengthens, and thickens. It's a no more than 2 coats mascara for me, though. More than two coats looks spidery. For me 1 coat is a nice natural look, and two coats is dramatic. It reminds me of Maybelline Full N'Soft WP that I wore in high school, but a little more dramatic, and less smudgy. I've already re-purchased this a few times to have back ups.

on 10/31/2011 10:14:00 PM

definetly gave me long baby doll lashes. I have nturally long lashes, and this made them pop! This is a mascara i would definetly go back to. Even when it started drying out it rarely clumped. It also laste dme a loooong time so thats a plus!!

on 10/26/2011 7:04:00 PM

amazing mascara! holds the curl, lengthens amazingly, and has good volume! although Colossal is a great mascara, i have to say that i really don't see a difference between colossal and the falsies :b i think that the falsies is cheaper though.

i definitely recommend this mascara! however like any mascara it smudges HORRIBLY in the summer time, and if you wear contacts like me, it will smudge -_- . when i'm just wearing glasses though it wears nicely.

**EDIT:

although i love the initial results, this mascara as well as all of the maybelline waterproof mascaras is very irritating to the eyes, especially if you wear contacts :(