April 18, 2014 | 1811 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by CoJake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I only use Philosophy products on my face and I get compliments on my skin. I never noticed a bad smell with this product. I feel the consistency is too thin, therefore less is more. It never gave me a rash or acne. It leaves my skin moisturize and glowing. In the winter my skin needs more moisture, so I use When Hope is not Enough lotion. After I put on either products, I seal the lotion with whipped shea butter or coconut oil.

The only con is that it is expensive and I only buy it when it's included in a value pack. I've never bought it by it's self.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by aratago

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've heard a lot of good things about this product working for all kinds of skin types, but for my oily combination skin, it just felt too greasy. The smell is also really weird. When I first put it on, it feels fine, but then it just keeps feeling sticky afterwards! It's a good thing I got a sample of this before I actually bought the real thing. I just use it on my neck because it feels horrible on my face. I think it actually made me break out!

(Sampled it for about 3 weeks now!)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Pegk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I couldn't get past the smell, it's nasty!! I actually thought the jar I bought was out of date but then I went to an Ulta and smelled a fresh jar and it was the same. It's just gross. I so wanted this to work. Oh well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really didn't like this moisturiser, despite hearing good things about it. First of all I don't like the packaging, even though I use this with clean hands I do not like tub style packaging, especially for face products. I did not feel this did a good job of moisturising my skin, and my skin is not excessively dry just normal. It left a greasy film-like feeling on my face which was not pleasant. The fragrance is horrible, very strong and I am not a fan of such heavily scented skincare products. Overall a bad moisturiser that I wouldn't recommend to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by MrsSapphire

This is, hands down, the worst moisturizer I've ever tried.
The smell is horrible - my husband even refused to kiss me when it was on. It leaves this sticky feeling, and not a lot of moisture, really. I still gave it a few good weeks of use, AND it made my skin look very bad. Sort of dirty and dull looking. Got lots of white heads from it.
I even tried using it as hand cream, and my hands were sticky and dry. So I'll be trowing this away.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've used many items from Philosophy, so I didn't hesitate when trying out this product but I was horribly disappointed. First thing was the smell, it's a very, very strange smell and it turned me off instantly. Second, it didn't really do anything special for me. My skin is normally quite dry, and for the price I was expecting more. Luckily it did not cause my skin to break out. Will not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by adara260

I wanted to try a product from this popular line. I figured I'd try a moisturizer. This did nothing to moisturize my skin, and I have oily combo skin! It didn't break my skin out but it didn't moisturize my skin enough during the winter or fall seasons. I suspect this might work for the summer when my skin is super oily, but I wouldn't buy a moisturizer for one season. The smell was also too perfumey, and soapy. It's a strange smell. I definitely would not repurchase or recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Stephaniejeann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I really wanted to love this product especially for the price, I just couldn't even after a couple months. The smell really bothered me at first, but I kind of got used to it the more I used it. It didn't break me out luckily, but it didn't do much for hydrating my skin either. I was still left with patchy dry spots on my chin and cheeks. The packaging was alright, the usual for a moisturizer, but I did notice that the material on the inside of the lid absorbed a considerable amount of product. It could have just been because I had bought the edition that donated to breast cancer research, but I lost some product. It was pretty standard, but it didn't do a horrible job. It could have been a lot better, but I haven't had much luck with any other Philosophy skincare.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good moisturizer. Its pretty expensive though. It does leave my face feeling glowing. MY big gripe with it though is that while It didn't cause big cystic pimples like I normally get it did give me these little puss filled white heads. I've use the `1 month supply I had and I've discontinued use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this face cream for over 5 years and I absolutely love it. it doens't clog my pores and leaves my skin feeling hydrated all day.