Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 11/26/2010 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Great red lipstick!!!! I am no longer afraid to wear red lipstick thanks to this one. When I'm bold enough to wear it I get several compliments. I recently wore it for a family pic and it just looked gorgeous on me. I also think its very long lasting, and non drying.

on 11/24/2010 8:22:00 PM

A gorgeous true hollywood red, like everyone says. What I call a bleep-me-red. To me the hue has more of an orange undertone than a blue, if that makes sense. But it's not an orangey red -- it's still just bright red red. Definitely not pinky like some reds can look. The tube will likely go bad before I use it all up because it's such a dramatic look, I won't wear it too often, but that's just me (nude gloss is staple). I just had to try it after reading the reviews here, plus Revlon is often on sale, so I picked this up for $5. :) A fun one to try!

on 11/23/2010 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been searching for a matte red - this is awesome. It does last a very long time, stays put and doesn't bleed. Only con is that when it does wear off, it leaves a bit of a dry/blotchy mess, but that's solved by reapplying. I have gone about 5 hours/a meal/sipping drinks before needing to reapply. Great product for someone sick of glossy/greasy lipsticks.

on 11/18/2010 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is my go-to red lipstick! The super matte formula makes it stay put, even after multiple pecks on cheeks and drinking. I would say that the color is pretty much the perfect red, especially for someone with medium-dark coloring -- dark brown-almost black hair, medium skin and brown eyes (I'm half Indian and half white, if you're curious). I just put on some Burt's Bees and then a layer of this and I'm good to go! My lips never feel dried out and it really only feels like you're wearing lip balm.

I will say that if you are looking for shine, this is definitely not best the product for you, but layering a clear gloss on top would not be awful.

on 11/17/2010 8:58:00 PM

OMG, this is the best red ever! I've always preferred a matte lipstick, and this is no exception. The red is very beautiful especially on those with darker hair and warm colors. I would repurchase this again and again.

on 11/16/2010 12:15:00 PM

Very nice red. Looking at the color in the tube, I thought it would be darker than it actually is. But when I put it on, it transformed into the most elegant red that I have! I love this color! Also, because it is matte, I think the color seems to stay better than the more moisturizing lipsticks. I don't see the need to blot and then reapply in order to have the product last longer on my lips.

I have 33-year-old lips and let me tell you... I can't wear this red lipstick without applying it with a lip brush and then applying concealor, powder, nude eye shadow, mascara, and lots of brow powder... otherwise, it just looks terrible. Really Red will also look better if you have had enough sleep lately and have naturally white teeth or nice teeth... perhaps my teeth are too old for this formula and colour. I can wear Guerlain's Kiss Kiss lipstick in a similar red shade without as much fuss because the finish is creamier and I can apply it more lightly. Revlon Really Red, on the other hand, is a lipstick that is a screaming, hot red regardless of how sheerly you (I) try to apply it. It is the colour of NARS Exhibit A blush, a bright orange-red. I don't like the cheap packaging (although it is sturdy), but provided you can find a colour that suits you, the texture and staying power of Revlon's matte lipsticks are the best I've found from a drug store line. Also Revlon's mattes are scentless and tasteless, which is nice.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just picked this up yesterday, and wore it out with my boyfriend to his family event. I coupled it with "revlon red" n/p and they matched perfectly. I just dyed my hair a mahogany brown/red and I love the combo of my hair and this lipstick.
I like that it's matte color without extra shine. The color makes a bold enough statement on its own, without adding extra sparkle or shine. It doesn't leave my lips dry feeling or flaky. I didn't have a lot of luck with staying power, though. I will probably use a touch of lip primer next time to get it to last a little longer. That was a bit disappointing.
However, the color is so rich and just "wow" that the only other make up I had on was translucent powder, a dab of illuminating powder, and brown black mascara. My boyfriend was stunned. :)
This lipstick is tied with Hard Candy "kitten" for my "go to" l/s right now. I'm going to wear them both for a few weeks and then update my review. I'm especially excited to wear this color for the holidays.

on 11/6/2010 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lipstick is my fail safe glamourous siren red. It's the perfect deep red, smoldering and not for the faint of heart. It has amazing sticking power, to the point of being tricky to get off by the end of the night which means I trust it all day and night.
Very matte and strong colour, it doesn't need too many coats or it ends up feeling heavy on the lips. I would say it's one downfall is that it can feel a little chalky, although perfectly moisturised lips solve that one.
I diverted from Really Red once to try Lipstick Queens Red Sinner, which left me running back to Revlon again. Sinner wasn't as wearable a red, and I feel like if I wanted the screaming siren approach I would jump over to MAC for the creamy flawless factor.
Really Red is a faithful red. Smoldering and intoxicating, that obeys commands. It's packaging is utalitarian, with a clear plastic window on the top of the lid so you can see the colour. I knocked a few off the packaging, but at the end of the day it's the colour that speaks true, and Really Red is perfectly honest.

on 11/3/2010 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This was simply too red for my skin tone (I am VERY pale). Maybe I am just not bold enough to pull it off but I did not like this colour on me at all. It's stunning in the tube and on some other people. It's a stunning true red, reminds me of old hollywood but it wasn't for me. Formula is really nice, long lasting and not too drying, very comfortable to wear. Would not repurchase in this shade.

Popular Lipsticks