December 18, 2014 | 848 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by bubblex23

Very nice red. Looking at the color in the tube, I thought it would be darker than it actually is. But when I put it on, it transformed into the most elegant red that I have! I love this color! Also, because it is matte, I think the color seems to stay better than the more moisturizing lipsticks. I don't see the need to blot and then reapply in order to have the product last longer on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 3:47:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have 33-year-old lips and let me tell you... I can't wear this red lipstick without applying it with a lip brush and then applying concealor, powder, nude eye shadow, mascara, and lots of brow powder... otherwise, it just looks terrible. Really Red will also look better if you have had enough sleep lately and have naturally white teeth or nice teeth... perhaps my teeth are too old for this formula and colour. I can wear Guerlain's Kiss Kiss lipstick in a similar red shade without as much fuss because the finish is creamier and I can apply it more lightly. Revlon Really Red, on the other hand, is a lipstick that is a screaming, hot red regardless of how sheerly you (I) try to apply it. It is the colour of NARS Exhibit A blush, a bright orange-red. I don't like the cheap packaging (although it is sturdy), but provided you can find a colour that suits you, the texture and staying power of Revlon's matte lipsticks are the best I've found from a drug store line. Also Revlon's mattes are scentless and tasteless, which is nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by CreativeBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just picked this up yesterday, and wore it out with my boyfriend to his family event. I coupled it with "revlon red" n/p and they matched perfectly. I just dyed my hair a mahogany brown/red and I love the combo of my hair and this lipstick.
I like that it's matte color without extra shine. The color makes a bold enough statement on its own, without adding extra sparkle or shine. It doesn't leave my lips dry feeling or flaky. I didn't have a lot of luck with staying power, though. I will probably use a touch of lip primer next time to get it to last a little longer. That was a bit disappointing.
However, the color is so rich and just "wow" that the only other make up I had on was translucent powder, a dab of illuminating powder, and brown black mascara. My boyfriend was stunned. :)
This lipstick is tied with Hard Candy "kitten" for my "go to" l/s right now. I'm going to wear them both for a few weeks and then update my review. I'm especially excited to wear this color for the holidays.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by bellafonte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick is my fail safe glamourous siren red. It's the perfect deep red, smoldering and not for the faint of heart. It has amazing sticking power, to the point of being tricky to get off by the end of the night which means I trust it all day and night.
Very matte and strong colour, it doesn't need too many coats or it ends up feeling heavy on the lips. I would say it's one downfall is that it can feel a little chalky, although perfectly moisturised lips solve that one.
I diverted from Really Red once to try Lipstick Queens Red Sinner, which left me running back to Revlon again. Sinner wasn't as wearable a red, and I feel like if I wanted the screaming siren approach I would jump over to MAC for the creamy flawless factor.
Really Red is a faithful red. Smoldering and intoxicating, that obeys commands. It's packaging is utalitarian, with a clear plastic window on the top of the lid so you can see the colour. I knocked a few off the packaging, but at the end of the day it's the colour that speaks true, and Really Red is perfectly honest.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This was simply too red for my skin tone (I am VERY pale). Maybe I am just not bold enough to pull it off but I did not like this colour on me at all. It's stunning in the tube and on some other people. It's a stunning true red, reminds me of old hollywood but it wasn't for me. Formula is really nice, long lasting and not too drying, very comfortable to wear. Would not repurchase in this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by sunflower1221

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since the weather turned cooler I've been craving a red lipstick to brighten my days. I purchased this after reading rave reviews on MUA and various fashion blogs.

I was afraid this would appear too tomato-red on me, but it imparts a gorgeous true red color, which I can make look very retro/pin-up or work appropriate (with blotting).

I never wore bright or dark lipstick before because - was afraid of immediate color transfer and fading, leaving me with a ring around the lips. But, I tested this last night side by side with Zuzu Luxe in Starlet. I moisturized, applied clear liner, dabbed on the lipsticks, pressed powder over the color, then swiped both on full strength. Revlon's lasted through 2 glasses of wine and dinner. Win!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by prettypoodle05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW this is a gawwjusss color! i think this is an awesome dupe for MACs Ruby Woo and not as dry! I actually paired this with NYX plush red liner and have a complete look! i got it as a BOGO at rite aid and only paid $3 for it. this and NARS exhibit a blush and i am feeling too sexxyy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by xraaachael

This lipstick is a great color if you want your lips to really stand out. The red is very vibrant but not to the point where it looks a bit orange-y. Nice and bold color for daring looks or old-fashioned pin-up looks. Also great for Halloween!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by letsbedazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is my first red lipstick, and i want to wear it every day. it's a really bright red, that doesn't seem too cool or warm. i'm really fair and cool toned, but this color suits me really well. it's a dry formulation, of course, but it lasts a really long time (particularly when blotted) and it doesn't seem to leave my lips much drier at all. the packaging is lovely, aside from the window which is unappealing yet functional, as it comes sealed. i'll probably shop around since this is truly a gateway red, but it's definitely a winner for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by lost25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Exact dupe of Russian Red with a much better formulation. It's a super pretty blue toned red that's not too blue toned. Not the best red for my colouring, but is awesome on NW's. I can sort of get away with this colour in the winter.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No