E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 1/4/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

AMAZING!!! I got 2 and I love them!!!!

on 1/4/2014 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an amazing powder brush! I have 2 of them, one for liquid and one for powder. It doesn't shed and it's soft as a babys bottom! Good coverage and holds powder well. Will keep buying as long as they are around!

on 1/3/2014 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is an excellent multipurpose brush! I normally use this with Mac's Face and Body foundation (liquid) or with Bare Minerals for a nice, even finish. This brush ($3) is comparable to MAC's 187 ($42), although it is a little more dense. You won't end up with brush strokes all over your face if you use liquid foundation and the coverage is very even. The brush is big enough to cover your face evenly and quickly. The brush holds mineral powder very well and also allows for an even coverage finish. I haven't tried this with blush and bronzer but I'm sure this would work excellently. When washing it takes a little bit longer to dry because the bristles are so dense, but that's okay since at $3 it looks really high end and works excellently. You can't go wrong, Highly recommended!

on 12/30/2013 11:02:00 PM

I've owned three of these. I like cheap brushes because I like to abuse my brushes heavily, so they need to be able to be retired without me feeling too bad. I have only retired one because the shedding became unbearable after over a year of daily use. For 3 dollars (or 1.50, which I paid for the third one) it's a steal. I could do a whole face with only these and ELF Studio Contour brushed. My HG. The two I have now, I'm trying to elongate the lives of. One is exclusively for blending out liquid foundation and buffing in concealer and the other is for powder. Points off packaging because the ferrule is coming a bit loose but if it falls off, that's nothing hot glue can't fix. I HIGHLY recommend, the friends who I've made purchase this have thanked me many times over.

on 12/30/2013 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far my favorite brush for applying liquid foundation. It very soft to the touch, and the flat top helps blend the foundation evenly, giving a flawless finish. I'm so impressed with the quality of ELF brushes. It shows that you don't need to spend a ton of money to get high quality brushes. I own at least 15 different ELF brushes, and they are all fantastic and very affordable. I would highly recommend this brush. At only $3, it's a steal!

on 12/24/2013 4:52:00 PM

When I got it and used it a couple times, the handle fell off. I put it back on with super glue. when putting this in my powder I realized the brush wasn't straight/even. there was areas that did not have any powder on it. these areas had shorter hairs than the parts that had longer hairs. This bugged me because I'm pretty sure its supposed to be even. I don't think this brush was all that great but not completely bad. Even though it wasn't even it still put powder on well.

on 12/24/2013 4:00:00 AM

$3 brush that works great. Have used it to set powder and did the job nicely. No complaints, and the brush is still in good condition afters months of purchasing. Recommend! Especially if you're on a budget.

on 12/23/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had this brush for 2 months before it completely collapsed. For the price, it doesn't seem like such a big deal to just keep buying and rebuying it, but I don't see why anyone would do so when they could save up and get a better brush for $20 that they won't have to replace for years, assuming proper care. The brush is just average--not necessarily bad, but more like something I would use as backup or use in the meantime if I lost a brush or something and was saving up to replace it. It's standard. I'm confused as to why people call this their "HG" brush--I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

on 12/20/2013 9:13:00 PM

I love this brush as a foundation brush. It really does the job and makes my skin look so flawless. But there is a down side. As i was washing my brush there was a lot of fallout of the hair. I expected a few to fall out but there was so much that came out it was crazy. Also i could basically grab all the hair and pull it out. But nevertheless it is really affordable so buying another shouldn't be a problem.

on 12/20/2013 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally a cheap yet excellent powder blush. This is durable and soft but cannot be easily stored in your makeup bag.