E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My favorite brush ever! I have about 3 of them so I can alternate between cleaning. Great to apple liquid foundation!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have 2 of these to alternate between brush cleaning. It is really value-for-money, i love how soft and dense it is and I can blend in my foundation effortlessly. I use this brush for the majority of my makeup routine because it works well. Love it

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Majority of my brushes are Sigma brushes. I feel like they are great quality and they get the job done. I'd heard of the ELF Studio brushes but I never bought them because I was fine with my Sigmas. Having said that, I now know that I was wrong. I use my ELF powder brush to blend my bb cream on my face and it is awesome. It is bigger than my Sigma F82 because it's bigger and flatter. I love this brush and I'm going to buy some more to use for different things.

The ELF Powder Brush is a CULT CLASSIC and so much has already been said. Most people end up switching to Real Techniques but I've stuck with this brush for some very long time. It is the best.

To give a bit of a background, I started with synthetic brushes but slowly graduated to natural hair ones. Good quality natural brushes are more expensive but they are better at picking up and blending powder product. Nevertheless, for powder foundation on top of my sunscreen I prefer a synthetic brush. I have oily skin and use powder foundation over a generous application of sunscreen. A powder removes shine and goes better with my skin type. The flat shape of this brush picks up well from a pressed powder surface but can also be used to block the sifter of a loose powder tub as you turn it upside down. Getting powder directly on the brush is neater and there is no waste of product. Because it is flat and large, I can use it to pat powders on my face very much like I would do with a classic powder puff. Unlike Real Techniques brushes, the black bristles make it easy to see how much product is present and if it is uniformly distributed on the brush.

Feeling bad that my most used tool was also the cheapest, I was looking forward for the new MUFE Synthetic Brushes to come out. Unfortunately none of them was quite right. They were either too big, too small, too dense.. and not flat. In terms of design the Sephora Pro Buffing Brush #62 is very similar but I don't want part of my sunscreen be absorbed by the natural hair. I rather set it all first with a synthetic brush and then use natural brushes for highlight, bronzer and blush.

I've used my brush daily for longer than I can remember. I deep clean it regularly, each week at least twice. Considering the use this brush gets it is not bad. By the way, instead of Super Glue I suggest Gorilla Glue. It expands in volume and is one of the few glues that is actually water activated and works well on wood-metal. In a few words, it's the ideal glue for a brush.

----------------
HINT: The ELF Angled Blush Brush is the perfect companion to this. The Powder Brush covers large areas fast, while the Angled Blush Brush is useful for small areas like the nose, eyes, and ears. Great match.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

HG foundation brush!!! Only $3.00 and works like a $50 brush. I use it with my revlon colorstay or Estée Lauder doublewear foundation for that flawless, airbrushed look. If my makeup is a little thick I spray it with some MAC fix plus and voila'....perfect coverage!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Love this brush to apply foundation. Perfect coverage, perfect finish, perfect price!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have 2 of these brushes......love it for my liquid foundations. Great application.

This is definately the BEST brush ever. Never will I spend my money (i've spent over 100 or more on brushes) on any other brush than this one. It is so soft on my skin and doesnt shed on me. I definately recommend this to anyone thats looking for a brush that'll last.

IM SO HAPPY!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had this brush for a year before I realized it is actually fabulous. At first I used it for powders, sweeping it over my skin instead of pressing or buffing. Silly girl. I also paid too much attention to the label, because once I tried it with liquid foundation I was blown over. I love how easy this makes stippling on foundation and it is EXCELLENT for buffing the foundation. I do like the finish my Beauty Blender gives, but I don't think it adheres the foundation to the skin as well as a brush like this can. I feel like my makeup looks nicer for longer with this brush. It is super easy to control the amount of coverage you want by applying a thin first layer of foundation and then the smoothness of the application allows additional layers to blend seamlessly.
It's easy to clean, which was a relief to me. I expected it to soak up a lot of product because of how cheap it is, but no!
The only con is the packaging. Since I've had this for about a year the handle has come off. It's annoying because I take care not to let water get into the handle when I was my brushes, but I reapplied it with super glue.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Girls please go get this brush. The cost is $3 the brush is super soft and applies makeup beautifully. I've had mine for 4 years and it's still in great shape with no shedding at all. Love ot!

Popular Makeup Brushes