August 30, 2014 | 1707 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Coralista

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by caitlinbananas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this blush. I love it when I'm pale in the winter, and when I'm tan in the summer. Although keep in mind that I don't get too dark, and I think that this blush would come up chalky on darker skin tones. It's my go-to cheek shade when I'm wearing a bold lippie, since it's not a bold blush. Coralista is a gorgeous warm, slightly muted coral shade with a fine gold sheen to it. The sheen in this blush is really what makes it stand out from other similar blushes (orgasm). The sheen has a highlighting effect on my cheek bones, and makes my cheeks look defined, glowy, dewey and sculpted.

This blush has a very distinct scent, which might bother someone who is scent sensitive, but I personally really love the smell. I wouldn't say that the smell fades after the blush is applied- because I'll notice a whiff of it here and there throughout the day sometimes.

The packaging is Benefit's classic boxed powder packaging, which might be bulky and inconvenient for some. The blush comes with a square, flat blush that has a cute tropical themed wooden handle. I know that many would disagree about this since a lot of gals are picky about what brushes they use- but I LOVE the brush that is included. The shape and size is absolutely perfect for applying Coralista, and it makes it easy to contour with the blush as well.

My only complaint about this blush would be that it's a bit powdery. When my skin is dry, this blush is difficult to wear. But as long as you keep your skin moisturized, you shouldn't have any problems. Overall, a really great blush and I think that it would be a great buy for those who aren't fragrance sensitive, or darker skinned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

This is my favorite blush! It looks very natural on my skin and gives me a nice flush. Has a little glitter to it and I love the blush especially after my face gets a little oily through out the day and surprisingly this blush looks even better like that. I like the packaging and I prefer my sephora blush brush over the brush it comes with but i've used the brush it comes with before and it works good. Just be sure to blend so it's not streaky. This blush smells so good too! And it's lasted me forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by xwhereswaldo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite everyday blush. It's so smooth, the colour is beautiful and just gives a pop of colour without being overbearing. The smell is nice and not over powering. You can't smell it on your face or anything, only if you put your nose in the box. I strongly recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

To who ever said that this wasn't that shimmery, all I have to say is: Lies! All lies!!!

This is an utter shimmer bomb! You know which blush has a "hint of shimmer"? Diorblush. I think the people who said that this wasn't that shimmery either love their shimmer or they tend to wear a lot of shimmery products (or both). This was too shimmery and too warm for my skintone (neutral to warm, NC15-25, depending on the season). Luckily for me I got this as a points-reward item from Sephora. I've never had any luck with Benefit.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by ashleymonzon37

Love this amazing blush. Peachy pink coral color. Makes me glow. Has a tiny bit of shimmer but nothing too overwhelming. Use it everyday, little goes a long way. Applied with a regular blush brush. It's lasted me a while. Only downfall is a little too pricey. Would recommend to a friend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely color - on other people and in the pan.
Unfortunately it doesn't show up at all on me, I am NC25 in the winter and NC30 or more in summer. When I am tan, it shows a little bit better, but I don't like that it is soo shimmery. In the winter time I am okay with glowy, shimmery blushes, but in the summer I hate the way the sun makes your cheeks shine and glitter like a mirror ball.
So this doesn't work for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by fauvevanmaanen

I love this Blush!It is my absolute favorite blush from Benefit.It gives you a really nice subtle pink color with little shimmers.Looks like your cheeks are natural flushed.Way more natural then the Nars Orgasm or Sleek Rose Gold because it has less shimmer in it.The packaging is cute with some nice colors but since it's cardboard,it will look battered if your carry it with you all the time.You get a lot of product for your money,this will last you for ages!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by daffydill

Coralista is unsurprisingly a coral coloured blush, which for me leans more pink than orange on the coral spectrum. Right now I'm going to give out a shimmer warning, yes we have so much gold/ pink shimmer, that I have stopped using my High Beam. If you don't like shimmer this isn't a good product for you, but if you like a sparkle this blush should be right up your alley, and it is a two in one product.

So on the pigmentation front, Coralista looks amazing when swatched on the back of the hand with great colour pay off. Sadly, this did not translate when applying to the face, I am of a light to medium skin tone, and felt I really had to pack this on to get the effect I wanted. I do have slightly fairer friends who use this product and it seems to go on quite strong, and requires a lot of blending to look natural. When blended in, this product does result in a healthy summer glow, with defined cheek bones due to the shimmer; just as long as you aren't too tanned! Our skin tones aren't far apart, but for some reason the product seems to behave much differently.
To try and stop me using so much product and also to get a little more orange into the coral tone, I now use a cream coloured peach blusher underneath and find the effect is much improved, still natural and summery, but without the clown cheeks issue. Since purchasing these products Benefit has released a new lip and cheek tint Cha Cha Tint, which has a little more orange than Coralista and would look great when paired with Coralista to give that summer glow.

Texture of the product is again exceptional as with Dallas, when swirling the brush you don't kick up too much dust, so less of the product is wasted. It is a blusher that feels nice on the face, and is not chalky or gritty in anyway.
Another point to mention is the smell, I find Benefit almost always get this right, and in this case it is a triumph. Coralista smells of tropical fruit, non-descript tropical fruit, but tropical fruit all the same, which does remind me of being on holiday, although not necessarily in Rio.

As far as wear and removal goes, this blush is average at about four to six hours wear on bare (no foundation) skin, with an extra hour or two with primer, foundation or in my case cream blush. The product can be easily removed with standard make up remover or wipes.

Also I am not a fan of the brush, nor of the new packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by amyyvan

I love the color of this blush and the smell. My only complaint is doesn't have good staying power. I reach for it on my days off, but when i work (12hr shift) i do not use this blush because by the end of the day it's all gone.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by emisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This doesn't show up on me at all. You can see the shimmer a little bit, but absolutely no color, not even a little, and not even if I apply heavily.

I'm a MUFE 117 or 120, depending on the season (I think that's about a N23 in MAC, I have neutral undertones).

I love corals and I heard great things about the blush. The quality is fine but it just. does. not. show. up.