October 25, 2014 | 1644 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this.
it has a lot of slip to it without feeling silicone-y, compared to smashbox photofinish this is a lot lighter but i find it works just as well, i really do notice a difference in the lasting power of my make up when i have this on, but not the oiliness, so while i look for the perfect primer, this will do

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY SKIN: Normal to combination, clog-prone with occasional breakouts. Oily areas are T-zone and mouth area. Fine lines under the eyes and around my mouth.

MY NEEDS: Foundation longevity (12 hour shifts at work), fill in lines, smooth over dry areas while giving long-lasting oil control.

HOW I APPLY: I typically do not use a moisturizer in addition to this. I apply one pump with my fingers, let set for about a minute, then my foundation with a dense kabuki or my fingers (rotate between Garnier BB cream, MUFE HD, and Revlon Colorstsay).

RESULTS: So I was really skeptical about this. When Smashbox broke me out, I assumed I was allergic to 'cones. Laura Mercier oil free primer, while 'cone free, did nothing and made me more greasy. Despite the fact that the Hourglass primer does have some amount of 'cones, the way it is formulated does not break me out and makes any foundation I put on top of it flawless. Lines are blurred, pores are filled, and the results last and last.

OVERALL: For the price, I expected amazing results and I got them. I bought this in the small sample size, but I honestly don't think I can afford the $50+ price tag for the full size (which is only 1 fl. oz., I might add). So my "yes, I would repurchase" choice will be an "if I can afford it" basis. I may keep searching for a cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by joxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

One word - perfection! Combined with Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and MAC setting powder, my skin stays flawless all day. Naturally I have acne prone and oily skin so this is just amazing for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

I love that this has spf in it—I find that if I apply a light layer of this over my regular ss it leaves a perfect, smooth and soft looking finish that is great alone or under makeup. I'm very pale so the hint of white cast this leaves doesn't bother me. For the price, though, I do wish it had some antioxidants in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I has this put on my face and it felt so velvety on my skin and I instantly fell in love with it.
I was given a 5ml sample which has lasted me about a month and I've found my foundation looks more dewy and moisturized which I really enjoy.
It is really expensive but I suppose it does last a long time and I like to use it as a eyeshadow primer as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ForgetfulDebbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I would love this product since I'm a big fan of Hourglass products. I didn't. Not only did I not love it, I have to say I disliked it enough to return it (very rare for me). It didn't do much as a primer and it caused anything I used over it to ball up. Back to my hg Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ItsStillAWrap

This is SO EXPENSIVE! But you only need a little, I can't imagine I'll need to rebuy it for a long time.

I'm happy with this product. I was using a LM primer before that did nothing. This has dramatically helped my foundation application. I was having issues with caking and my makeup moving around throughout the day. It looks so much better applied over this. It really helps it stay put. I've noticed a big difference. I'm using it with my LM mineral powder foundation and I finally am happy with the application/finish now that I've begun to use this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my gf wore this under her makeup at a wedding we went to. in the pictures, my other gf and i looked like hot, oily messes and the one who used primer looked flawless! her makeup looked just as fresh as when she put it on hours before. i decided to get a sample from sephora (for that amount of money i was not going to buy it and then use my gas to drive back and return it!). i got a generous sample and the very next morning i used it.

i am very acne prone & that is why i have never used primers. i can just imagine the 'cones plugging up my pores! my gf told me she did not break out so i decided to give it a try.

it has the best consistency compared to all the other primers i sampled. more lotion like. absorbed very fast. really did make my makeup go on much smoother and it made my face super matte all night long, amazing! so 3 stars for doing what its advertised to do. unfortunately, guess what? 2 days later a whole crop of little congested plugged pores popped up. i squeezed little waxy plugs out from all of them. SO BUMMED! my face was a hot mess :( so minus one star for the plugged pores and ridiculous high price. i dont mind paying more money for products that really work but for $60.00 bucks, that stuff better control oil, NOT plug my pores AND tell me im hot!

bottom line: if your face doesnt get plugged up from products and you have the funds, by all means, buy this one! its pretty awesome.

UPDATE: i tried it again and yes, it still plugged up my pores but i wanted to add that it also accentuates dry spots so be sure to moisturize!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the full size (1 oz.) since late December and am down to my final one-sixth. I use it almost everyday prior to my makeup application and it has lasted more than five months now, which means the amount, though pricey, will last you a good while. I use this in conjunction with TheBalm Time Balm Anti-Wrinkle Concealer and Meow Cosmetics' loose mineral powder foundation. The end result is absolutely flawless - the whole effect looks practically airbrushed, you do not notice any trace of makeup anywhere on the face. This primer makes your makeup go on so smoothly and effortlessly. It is so silky and soft to the touch. However, there's always a 'but,' unfortunately. In this case, the 'but' is that I must mention the oily breakthrough factor. After a maximum of 3-4 hours (!), the shine comes racing to the surface of all your makeup at full tilt. :x For ladies with oily or extremely oily skin, this primer is likely not going to cooperate too long with your skin. I do imagine that for everyone else who has normal or dry skin this will attain HG status. I just wish it had mattifying properties! If it did, it would truly be the perfect primer. Thus, I cannot see myself purchasing this again after I finish off the remainder of what I have left.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by jaconway89

I love this primer! I've used Smashbox photofinish light for the longest time and decided to venture out to a new primer. Sephora recommended this primer because it is great for acne-prone and sensitive skin. My foundation lasts all day without any touch ups needed.