December 22, 2014 | 1257 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by TrueTatiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have gone through a couple sample bottles and a whole full-sized one and can say for sure that it makes my combo skin look very dry and wrinkled ( I am 27 for the record). Because I tend to layer a lot of products it took me a long time to figure out what was causing the extra-dryness. I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been hunting for what seems like forever for a primer that meets my needs. I have sensitive combination skin, so it basically decides when it wants to be dry or oily. At the end of the day I just want a primer that makes my makeup last longer and look more flawless. This primer does that. I got a pretty large sample from sephora of this and have tried it out 5 times and have decided to go purchase it. It is crazy expensive, Im probably going to get the 20$ smaller size (you only need the smallest amount so I think it will last) 60$ for 1 once just seems so outrageous to me right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kittenheelpump

I use this with the hourglass immaculate liquid to powder foundation, and it has worked well on my sensitive, acne prone, easily congested skin. My new favorite primer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is amazing! My foundation stays put without fading and doesn't leave me in a shiny mess. I had it on yesterday in the blistering heat and once I got home, I barely noticed any shine/oilness on my face. While it does leave a white cast on my face (foundations do look lighter on top of this), smells alot like Nars' Eyeshadow Base*, and is quite expensive, I'm willing overlook those flaws and keep this as HG because the performance has me stunned. Don't know how I lived without it.
*FYI, Hourglass primer does not work as a substitute eyeshadow base for Nars.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by ilovebeautyy

I love this primer! It's soo smooth and feels so good when it's blended on your skin. It turns into a powder after blending, so basically it's a powder form primer. But the thing about this product is that it doesn't last long, and i like this idea of it but I'm not sure if it really prime, but i do love it as a light veil to use when i decide not to wear as makeup or foundation, so it has it's flaws. I like the fact it turns into a powder form but i don't for a primer. I recommend this but i don't, sorry, i believe a gel primer would be longer lasting !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by hanako283

Very impressed with this product. I had been using the Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as makeup primer for a little while, but started disliking its silicone texture. It also didn't work too well with my tinted moisturizer (but was okay with regular foundation) and the oil control was only okay. So I set out to look for something a little lighter in texture. I heard a lot about this primer both on MUA and makeup blogs and decided to purchase the 0.33 oz size for trial. First of all the packaging is excellent. It is sleek in design, and very hygienic thanks to its pump and the cap. The texture was, as expected, much lighter, slightly creamier than the Monistat gel. The application was outstanding -- it instantly made my face silky soft and redness was reduced. One single pump is enough to cover my whole face. The oil control is very good! I never expect a primer to completely mattify my face, so even if I have to blot a little bit at the end of the day with this primer, I am still very satisfied. My makeup also remains fresh the whole day. This is my definite new HG! It is a little expensive, but a little goes a long way so to me it is very much worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by nicola31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily skin even Double Wear and lots of powder would see me shining well by mid-day.

I used to have to use blotting sheets constantly to mop up excess oil on my skin throughout the day.

I tried may different primers over the years usually giving up after 2-3 uses as they tended to make my skin even oilier.

I was sceptical of this one but had to give it a try after hearing good reviews.

Having tried it I must say I was amazed at the performance of this product. It goes on beautifully feels kind of smooth and slick at first. I apply a light moisturiser to my cheeks before this as I find it too drying on its own.

Dries to a very matte finish. I recommend applying your makeup straightaway after applying, as you may find it difficult to blend over the matter finish otherwise.

But once set this will ensure your makeup lasts all day and go on beautifully smooth leaving a radiant finish.

I did not have to blot my skin once in the day after using this and best of all it has good reliable sun protection too.

This really is a must have product for those with oily skin. Wish i had found it years ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by tiparing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this.....for the most part. It does not minimize my pores at all, but does keep me matte for a good while. And my t-zone is very oily, so that is quite the feat. Feels wonderful going on--like buttah! Just too dang expensive! And with the sucky bottle packaging, for what you pay for a little bit of this goop you feel like you have to crawl up in the bottle to scrape out every last drop. Please put this in a squishy tube, and it will ease the pain of shelling out $52 for it. Somewhat.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mama2veda

I have combination/oily skin, and this product has helped my foundation last more than a few hours! I recommend everyone try this primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this.
it has a lot of slip to it without feeling silicone-y, compared to smashbox photofinish this is a lot lighter but i find it works just as well, i really do notice a difference in the lasting power of my make up when i have this on, but not the oiliness, so while i look for the perfect primer, this will do