July 28, 2014 | 1613 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I made the mistake of trying this product for the first time when I was in a hurry to get out the door. Never a good idea. I have rosacea and SD, and despite moisturizing first, the zinc in the product immediately latched on to flaky areas and magnified them. The primer also felt greasy. Had to immediately wash everything off (also not easy with this stuff), and start over again. A no-go.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by estherha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin is sensitive to products with silicone in it, so after using this product for a couple weeks, my pores became so congested. I broke out around my chin and jaw line also. I liked how my makeup looked on top of this primer, but after a couple hours, my face became super oily! First, I refused to believe my break outs and extra shininess were due to this primer, since I paid like $55 for it. I blamed it on the weather, as usual. But I couldn't take it after a couple more weeks, and stopped using it and switch over to make up forever, and immediately, the breakouts subsided, and my face was no longer super shiny after a couple hours. I was very disappointed in this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried this on my hand in Sephora and was sold. It made my lines smoother and you could feel a difference!! It doesn't feel the least bit greasy and a little goes a long way. You only need less than a pump to cover your entire face and neck. I concentrate on my undereye area to even out the fine lines, then the nose area for my oily T-zone. I've read how it's important to use a primer prior to putting on foundation to make it apply evenly and stay on all day. This is one of the best I've tried. The texture is so luxurious and smooth!! Highly recommend. Worth the $60 in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by lilly1972

I was a bit frustrated with this product but not because of the effect - more because of the salesperson. She went on and on about it not having silicones...I was so impressed when I tried the product that it had none that a bought it (what an idiot I was)...got home, opened box and of course this is full of silicones. I tried it and although it has a nice effect, did not blow me away and i will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaElizabeth

In my teens I had a Clinique No. 4 skin type - meaning I was EXTREMELY oily! While my skin has settled down now that I'm into to 20s, controlling oily shine is still my major concern when purchasing facial cosmetics.

When I first purchased this product I was at the end of my tether! No matter how much I was willing to spend, I just could not find any product that would control oil. I was sick of feeling self conscious about the wet shiny look that would inevitably pervade my face every day (whether I was wearing foundation or not).

Now that I have discovered this product, my confidence has quad rippled! It controls oil SO well that I've even stopped using liquid foundation and am now using a mineral powder. Powders never used to stay on my face because of the oil, but with this primer I can brush the tiniest amount on in the morning, and it stays looking fresh and newly-applied for 12 hours or more!

I'm giving this product a 5 because it works SO WELL under liquid, powder and mineral foundations - AND because it's free of synthetics (which are absolutely terrible for the skin). Given I have oily skin, but enjoy the look of light natural finish make-up, and because I try to use only organic or synthetic-free products, THIS PRODUCT IS PERFECT for me! Would definitely recommend it to everyone!!!

(I bought this product from Mecca Cosmetica in Canberra, Australia.
While initially it was AUD99, by the time of my second purchase the price had been reduced to AUD69. The packaging is extremely sleek and sophisticated - however, being in a glass bottle is a slight drawback - in the 12 months I've been using this product, I've had to replace two (near-new) bottles that have tragically fallen from the vanity and smashed on the bathroom floor!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love this with powders. It never breaks me out and I'm very sensitive. Really controls oil and gives me a smooth finish. I gave this a 4, since strangely it doesn't seem to work as well with my liquid foundations- no point in shelling out so much money for little effect. As I almost always wear powders, however, the oil control and enhanced wear is worth it. It's pricey, but I use such a tiny amount, it will last a long time. With Dior Flawless powder foundation, it's amazing! I have very sensitive skin, particularly to suncreen. Great job, hourglass!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by cvasbinder1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure how I feel about this product. I bought it based on a sample from Sephora which I loved. At first this primer made my skin feel tight and dry but that seems to have abated. Now, after about a month of use I am seeing the whitish cast that reviewers below are talking about. Also, no matter how much I shake the bottle this product seems to have separated and is somewhat watery and oily feeling when I apply it. My skin looks great with it on but for $50 I think I'll look elsewhere when I finish the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

I do not like primers and rarely use them, this just might convert me though. I was interested in the Hourglass line and I got a very generous sample of this from Sephora, the SA highly recommended this to me. I have used it once a week for about 2 months now (still have a lot more left) and I have to say, it definitely makes everything you put on your face STAY there. I used liquid foundation over it and blush. By the end of my work day my face still looked completely fresh, no t-zone oilies. I dont know if I would splurge and buy it though, I would rather splurge and get another product, since primers are not a must for me, but if you are looking for a great primer or have oily skin, this is great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmmm, don't get the hype on this one. It sounded too good to be true, and in my opinion it was!

The positive is that this does feel amazing (hence the extra star I gave it), as well as it being free of:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates

However, it just made my mineral makeup look awful. At first, the application is smooth and pretty and looks pretty good, but that did not last. I tried it out for an entire week and it made my makeup look clumpy and dry. It made my imperfections stand out even more and by the end of the day, my pores were really noticeable. I also agree about a whitish cast that it gives upon application. Didn't make me look ghost like per se but did make my makeup look lighter than the rest of my body (not the look I like to go for and felt I had to use more bronzer). I think it's perhaps better suited for liquid makeup? (Apparently not though based on other reviews). I am still trying to find a good primer under my mineral makeup. After trying all these high end products that fail, I may try Revlon Photoready primer and see if that one lives up to the hype.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by judibean

I got a sample of this from Sephora and am glad I did before buying. I tried it under my faithful Colorstay foundation. When first applied, it looks great - pores are hidden and stays matte for a few hours. Then by midday, some shinyness comes through. This is usually when I blot, but when I do, suddenly my pores are completely highlighted by this ghastly ashy part of the primer (the mattifying agent, I'm guessing) and my makeup is ruined! This primer is great for someone with fewer pore issues than I.