April 19, 2014 | 869 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best primer I have tried. My makeup glides on so easily and blends in flawlessly. My makeup looked perfect and fresh for the 6 hrs I had it on. It controlled the oiliness in my forehead. It is pretty expensive $45 with taxes. But if youre looking for a perfect flawless face, I recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by hapababy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No results at all--what am I doing wrong?

I read the terrific reviews here and went out and bought a bottle. I did the half-face test--moisturizer first as recommended all over, then La Base Pro on the left side only, then makeup and powder. I went for over 12 hours.

The result? No difference between the two sides of my face. None. I checked every couple of hours. No difference in lid or undereye creasing, pore visibility, sides-of-nose pooling, shine, color, apparent smoothness, no perceptible difference at all.

I applied it sparingly, which is what seems to be recommended. I'd love to find a base that extends the life of my makeup --why didn't this work for me?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Simply put this stuff in amazing it's glass doll skin in bottle. I highly recommend

EDIT......

Ya know this stuff is too expensive & honestly it's just ok. any silicon primer is going to do exactly what this does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use mac's studio tech foundation almost every day, but my skin being combination with an oily t-zone, I find it can slide off easily. I have tried many primers- LM and Smashbox which neither I liked and nars which was nice bu6t i didnt see much difference when i used it. After reading the great reviews here I went into Boots on oxford street and bought this primer. I really do love it, it goes on very smooth, a touch oily BUT this dries to a satin smooth finish within 10 secs. Really really great product, until I found this I never used to like primers as they were too oily/did nothing for me but this actually does the job of keeping my foundation on for longer and making it look smooth and even all day. I cannot rec this highly enough and I use it every day now :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product!
Ive used most the popular primers including smashbox regular and oil free versions, nars primer, make up forever, laura mercier ect ect. But this by far is the best! I like how it works both on combo and dry skin types while being oil free. My friend who has dry skin can use it and she says it doesnt dry her face out at all (although to be honest she says she perfers smashbox and LM). My face is combo but gets pretty oilly on my forehead t zone area. with out primer it oils up by 12 noon. This isnt as good as smashbox oil free version when it comes to mattifying but i dust a little urban decay mattifing power over my tzone when i finish my make up so problem solved. I used to really like the smashbox oil free primer for this reason but it always dried out around my mouth and nose and little flakes would come so it was in no way presentable. AND the application of lancomes primer is smooth and nice where as smashbox's felt drying even when applying ( and this was not a fluke, i used smashbox's for about a year). So over all love love love this primer but i do hate how I cant get the last 4-5 applications from the pump. I hate how it cant suck out that last bit, I feel like the bottle shouldnt be clear so I wouldnt have to be teased by the remainder taunting me from its glass tube hahaha. And with that I dont like the hefty price tag either, but the products so lovely Il continue to use!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by citygirl05

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was lurking on the site reading multiple reviews of various primers and getting totally frustrated. Wanted a change from Smashbox and Armani primers and did not like (but finished using) BE primer.
Saw all the positive reviews for Lancome La Base Pro and went out to get it. Love it totally. Not as slippery as Smasbox, similar to GA but somehow felt 'cleaner and fresher'.
Love the bottle shape and pump dispenser. Had it on today when weather was very humid and rainy and it held up beautifully-so much so that all I put over it was Chanel powder blush and Chanel Poudre Douce.
Be aware, though, that for some reason some Lancome sales associates are not yet familiar with this product and one did not even know what I was asking for. Fortunately, her co-worker knew exactly what I was looking for and told me it has been a huge success at her counter with makeovers she had done since it was introduced about two months ago.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 2:41:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loooove this stuff! I have really oily sensitive skin, and makeup will just slide off if I don't use primer. I've used pretty much every primer out there for about 5 years now, and this is by far the absolute best. It goes on smooth, makes makeup look flawless and keeps it in place for hours on end. It reminds of smashbox photo finish, which I had to quit buying b/c it made me break out like a mofo. Even though this is a little expensive, I use it everyday and it lasts for about 6 weeks, so it's actually pretty cheap. This is totally my HG primer.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2008 7:24:00 AM More reviews by bibiancheng

this primer made all foundation light and easy to be glided on . it makes your face looks like a doll. too bad it's doesn't have spf

update: despite that it looks really good on face, it's drying for me, i guess it's good for oilier skin, it went back to sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by OfYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love that this product is oil free. A lot of times our oily skin girls are afraid of putting too much on their faces, but with this we don't have to worry about it adding extra shine! This smoothes over fine lines/large pores/scars creating a perfect canvas to apply your foundation/powder or concealer. It's slightly expensive for $43 US...but one pump of the pretty frosted bottle is enough for your whole face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by trishh621

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate the extra product to apply...but I just bought this and I LOVE it! It provides the application of your foundation to deliver in a smooth beautiful consistency. The wear time is wonderful! Try it! It's aplication is easy and the bottle is wonderful too. The liquid is clear and does not add layers to your foundation..meaning it does not make your foundation any heavier!