Lancome La Base Pro

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This lancome la base pro is silicone based. It feels like gel and it is transparent. It feels very silky on the skin. It is oil free and labels non- comedogenic. What I really like about this product is that, it doesn’t actually break me out! No pimples, nothing! I have an extremely sensitive, acne prone skin so it is important for me to look for something that doesn’t clog my pores. It is a perfecting makeup primer and gives smoothing effect. It does reduce the appearance of imperfections but it doesn’t do much in terms of wrinkles and pores reduction. This is more like a primer for a radiant, smooth and long lasting effect. It does gives a radiant healthy look and it makes my makeup stays on for long. It does do what it claims, it really makes my foundation colour stay true and vibrant. It prepares my skin and makes it easy to apply foundation. I have pitted scars on me, and this primer is actually helping smoothing it out by filling in the hole or the space. I found out that this primer actually help the foundation to sit on top of the primer and prevents it from getting into the pitted scars if that makes sense? It works as protective barrier. If you are looking for a matte primer, then this product is not for you. This primer gives you a satin finish. I have oily skin, and I don’t think this product absorbs my oil. I still need to use blotting papers throughout the day. I love the packaging. It is a 3 o.z and it comes with a pump. This primer is not sticky, and it doesn’t have smell in it. The only downside to this product is probably because it doesn’t have SPF. I would really love it if they’ve got SPF in it. I would definitely repurchase though.

I never realized how important primer was, until I bought this. I just ran out of this and am dying to get my hands on more, so I am going to buy another bottle immediately tomorrow but this is really great! It makes my skin so smooth and ready for my foundation and seems to kind of blur out imperfections a little bit. This helps my foundation last all day and keeps me from getting oily (I have very oily skin) after just two hours, now I can wait at least five hours before I am oily. I love this, can't live without it!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am very oily and have never found a product that's done anything to control the oilies until this. I don't know what it is about this particular primer that makes it work for me, but I can't stop raving about this stuff! It goes on like liquid silk. I've found it works better(for me) to kinda put on a heavier application than recommended, and then let dry. My foundation and blush stay on all day which has never happened in all my life. I do not think it makes my pores look smaller, but it absolutely gives me a smoother more polished look overall. I'll be happy to plunk down the dollars for more when this bottle run out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I received this with my recent GWP. This is similar to Smashbox Photo Primer but this primer (Lancome) seems to control oil a bit better. However, this did not change the appearance of my pores size. I haven't used a primer in ages because I felt it was an extra step that wasn't worth an effort to take. I now have four primers that I don't use. I am still searching for a primer that will do a decent job at controlling my oilies. I would recommend Lancome's primer but I would not purchase it.

I got a sample of this before I intended to buy it. It goes on very smoothe and reminds me of the Perfekt Skin Perfection gel translucent or the Smashbox Photo finish primer. I like how this has no fragrance and seems to go on silky. It is a little bit pricey and unfortunately I had to run around town since it was sold out at most locations I went. However, I got this during a free gift with purchase so it was actually a little easier to accept the high price (this time).

I took a lippie away because I think the price is a little too high and not sure I could continue to pay that much.

good product. i like this compared to the smashbox photo primer - this makes my skin flaky...

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was searching for a good primer that would control oil all day but wont make me look cakey or dull, well this product is great for that. It is super smooth, matte, yet still gives your face a bit of subtle sheen without looking greasy at all. It kept the makeup on all day and i hardly needed to blot, started to see some oil showing thru at the end of the day, but it wasnt the grease-ball shine, it was more like a sheen, and i was totally okay with that amount of oil showing thru as it was the end of the day. But price is a high, $42, should be more like $30, but it really is worth it, packaging is great with pump, so im loving this product right now, so far so good, will update if i need to. Took one lippie off for a very high price for a primer.

Ouch! pricey for a primer but a great product. I have used smashbox, laura geller, kevin aucion and a few others but I really like La Base Pro. Very silky finish, glides on NO balling up as with a few other primers. One thing I did notice after the first couple of uses, it does control oil better than others. During the hot humid SC days I had cut back on moisturizing before applying foundation with this primer I must use a moisturzer or a different foundation. Primer works great with EL Futurist foundation but I looked a little dry when using Revlon Color Stay[ oily skin formulal] anyway I guess that means it does what it is suppose to, mattify. My skin looks beautiful after using this primer along with any of my foundations. I work a crazy 24 hour shift at EMS so my makeup has to last. La Base along with the Color Stay is perfect, my makeup looked as good at 04;00 am as it did when applied 20 hours before. It takes only a small amount to cover your face be careful not to over apply. I wait a couple of minutes to be sure it has set, don't want to smear it into my foundation and lose the benefit of the primer. Then the MAC 182 flat top to tap in my foundation, set with absolute loose powder, poof ! as close to airbrushed as I will ever get.Plus I did not notice near as much settling of foundation/ powder into tiny lines. Top drawer status for me !

Two stars cause it felt like silk going on, and cause my makeup seemed to glide over it nicely. But later in the day my skin did not look it's usual. Hard to describe, but I did not like it. I guess I was expecting something extra being that it was a primer. I have never used a primer before... I gave it a few more try's, even using different makeup brands with it, and making sure I waited even longer before applying my makeup to ensure it soaked in right. Did not work with my combination/oily skin I guess. I will not repurchase. Not worth the money to me.

I have oily skin and have been on the search for a good primer for a loooooooong time. I have tried MAC, smashbox, etc, and didn't care for any of them. I bought this after reading the reviews here, and since I am generally a fan of Lancome products, I decided to try it. It's smooth, silky, controls oil for longer than the other primers I've used, and a little bit goes a long way, so it's well worth the money. I'm so glad I tried it!

Popular Primer/ Correctors