Lancome La Base Pro

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer

Two stars cause it felt like silk going on, and cause my makeup seemed to glide over it nicely. But later in the day my skin did not look it's usual. Hard to describe, but I did not like it. I guess I was expecting something extra being that it was a primer. I have never used a primer before... I gave it a few more try's, even using different makeup brands with it, and making sure I waited even longer before applying my makeup to ensure it soaked in right. Did not work with my combination/oily skin I guess. I will not repurchase. Not worth the money to me.

on 8/4/2009 11:31:00 AM

I have oily skin and have been on the search for a good primer for a loooooooong time. I have tried MAC, smashbox, etc, and didn't care for any of them. I bought this after reading the reviews here, and since I am generally a fan of Lancome products, I decided to try it. It's smooth, silky, controls oil for longer than the other primers I've used, and a little bit goes a long way, so it's well worth the money. I'm so glad I tried it!

Another purchase of mine because of the rave reviews on here. Was definitely out of my normal budget. NZ$75 but I had a $20 voucher so I got it for $55.

Silky soft to the touch, made my Body Shop liquid foundation glide on smoothly.

Woke up this morning after going out last night, and looked in the mirror and was actually surprised - my makeup had stayed put over night. Normally when I drunkenly leave my makeup on over night I look terrible in the morning and the blush has all rubbed off, so it was a pleasant surprise to see how simply using this primer gave it staying power - blush and foundation stayed put while out dancing in town and while I slept.

on 7/31/2009 12:23:00 PM

I have never seen this product advertised and so I had never heard of it until I was looking at reviews of primers on makeupalley. Most people seemed to really rate it, so that did it for me and I bought it. I am delighted with it. The consistency is really silky and it's super-easy to blend. My foundation is Chantecaille Compact Make-up and it went on like a dream on top of Pro Base. Another reviewer said that it made her skin like a china doll and I agree - it really is that good. My skin looked so smooth it was almost creepy!!!

on 7/26/2009 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have tried every face primer ever made, I swear. This primer is absolutely the best ever, it makes my skin look like perfection and no oil. You will love this too. Its kind of expensive but considering you dont use more than one partial pump for your whole tzone it should last awhile.

on 7/26/2009 3:46:00 PM

LOVE THIS! I bought it for my wedding, so my makeup would last & it stayed put all day in 90+ degree heat. Talk about fabulous! You only need a dab...maybe two pumps total, so really it isn't that badly priced. I think it makes my skin look good when I don't put foundation on. Doesn't make you oily, or clog pores or anything bad, just makes your skin look gorgeous. I swear by this and now wear it everyday. It even makes your makeup stay on and not melt off when you work out. FABULOUS!

on 7/18/2009 5:15:00 AM

My makeup is always completely gone by mid-day. I tried this base to see if it would help my foundation last a little longer.

I used 1-1/2 pumps, rubbed the product vigorously between my fingers for about 5 seconds, and then lightly applied it to my face. It felt velvety going on, and left no heavy or sticky feeling at all. I then applied my foundation as usual.

Today it was 117 degrees outside, and I had to walk (outside in that heat) to a meeting at a neighboring office about a block away. Even after that, my makeup was still on at the end of the day. When I met my husband for dinner, I just needed a quick touch-up of lipstick and powder, and I looked like I did when I left the house in the morning.

on 7/17/2009 7:51:00 AM

I have combo skin and I use this under prescriptives virtual skin and the results is pretty good. Just one pump on the fingers and onto the face and it dries very quickly and the makeup glides on. Highly recommended.

on 7/6/2009 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Excellent primer, make up goes on smoothly and lasts all day

on 7/1/2009 2:01:00 AM

My new HG primer. Gives me smooth, flawless skin - "airbrushed" is so overused these days in makeup copy, but this is the closest I've come. Until now my favorite has been Smashbox Photo Finish with Dermaxyl but this has the edge. Surprisingly it doesn't make me too shiny - and that's a pleasant surprised, given I have combo skin. The dispenser is nice also, in that you can actually control how much comes out. And you won't need much - a tiny bit can do your whole face.

Popular Primer/ Correctors