September 16, 2014 | 1744 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by sel21

Excellent primer, make up goes on smoothly and lasts all day

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

My new HG primer. Gives me smooth, flawless skin - "airbrushed" is so overused these days in makeup copy, but this is the closest I've come. Until now my favorite has been Smashbox Photo Finish with Dermaxyl but this has the edge. Surprisingly it doesn't make me too shiny - and that's a pleasant surprised, given I have combo skin. The dispenser is nice also, in that you can actually control how much comes out. And you won't need much - a tiny bit can do your whole face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by jlzakaras

Ugh. Oil slick. Even using just the barest trace of product. This felt really thick on my skin - I felt kind of rubbery, like seal skin. It did nothing for me at all.

I'll stick with BeneFit's Dr. Feelgood or Smashbox Photo Finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by silvertips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, this is lovely but I still wouldn't go running around the room going 'whoop whoop' about it if you know what I mean (can you tell i'm in a cynical mood).

I got this as a gift, it is a bit on the pricey side for me but I love the bottle and the pump delivers just the right amount of product. Very classy packaging.

It's a clear, non-sticky gel-like fluid that glides on the skin like silicone and makes your skin feel really smooth. I'm not sure i've seen much of a difference in how my skin looks which is why I wouldn't repurchase.

I'm planning on trying Avon Magix next but I may have a wait as this will last for ages. I would say try if you're in the mood for a splurge but don't expect miracles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by brittany23

i love this! it's better than smashbox b/c it doesnt make me look oily throughout the day like SBox did. this makes my good skin look even more flawless..like many of the ladies have said, only downside is the price~but we all need to splurge once in a blue moon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Bjet

Best primer I've used! Love this stuff better than the MAC prep and prime and Revlon! BIG downside is is the price! I don't use this everyday so I can hopefully make this last longer than a month! I wish there was more product in it. I don't really like the bottle but that's only because of my personal pet peeve with fragile looking bottles. Overall makes my foundation go on so smooth! Minimizes my flakes on dry areas. When you first put it on though it might feel oilly but then it dries into a satin finish! I had my make up on for 6 hours and when I got home my foundation still looked freshly applied! It also kept the oily parts of my face under control. Love this stuff will buy it again the next time Lancome has a gift with purchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by L9mur

One word amazing!! Takes 10 years off!!! I LOVE IT! My HG it fills in all the lines/pores and make up glides on! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best primer I have tried. My makeup glides on so easily and blends in flawlessly. My makeup looked perfect and fresh for the 6 hrs I had it on. It controlled the oiliness in my forehead. It is pretty expensive $45 with taxes. But if youre looking for a perfect flawless face, I recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by hapababy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No results at all--what am I doing wrong?

I read the terrific reviews here and went out and bought a bottle. I did the half-face test--moisturizer first as recommended all over, then La Base Pro on the left side only, then makeup and powder. I went for over 12 hours.

The result? No difference between the two sides of my face. None. I checked every couple of hours. No difference in lid or undereye creasing, pore visibility, sides-of-nose pooling, shine, color, apparent smoothness, no perceptible difference at all.

I applied it sparingly, which is what seems to be recommended. I'd love to find a base that extends the life of my makeup --why didn't this work for me?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Simply put this stuff in amazing it's glass doll skin in bottle. I highly recommend

EDIT......

Ya know this stuff is too expensive & honestly it's just ok. any silicon primer is going to do exactly what this does.