July 26, 2014 | 1354 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by jlzakaras

Ugh. Oil slick. Even using just the barest trace of product. This felt really thick on my skin - I felt kind of rubbery, like seal skin. It did nothing for me at all.

I'll stick with BeneFit's Dr. Feelgood or Smashbox Photo Finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by silvertips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, this is lovely but I still wouldn't go running around the room going 'whoop whoop' about it if you know what I mean (can you tell i'm in a cynical mood).

I got this as a gift, it is a bit on the pricey side for me but I love the bottle and the pump delivers just the right amount of product. Very classy packaging.

It's a clear, non-sticky gel-like fluid that glides on the skin like silicone and makes your skin feel really smooth. I'm not sure i've seen much of a difference in how my skin looks which is why I wouldn't repurchase.

I'm planning on trying Avon Magix next but I may have a wait as this will last for ages. I would say try if you're in the mood for a splurge but don't expect miracles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by brittany23

i love this! it's better than smashbox b/c it doesnt make me look oily throughout the day like SBox did. this makes my good skin look even more flawless..like many of the ladies have said, only downside is the price~but we all need to splurge once in a blue moon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Bjet

Best primer I've used! Love this stuff better than the MAC prep and prime and Revlon! BIG downside is is the price! I don't use this everyday so I can hopefully make this last longer than a month! I wish there was more product in it. I don't really like the bottle but that's only because of my personal pet peeve with fragile looking bottles. Overall makes my foundation go on so smooth! Minimizes my flakes on dry areas. When you first put it on though it might feel oilly but then it dries into a satin finish! I had my make up on for 6 hours and when I got home my foundation still looked freshly applied! It also kept the oily parts of my face under control. Love this stuff will buy it again the next time Lancome has a gift with purchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by L9mur

One word amazing!! Takes 10 years off!!! I LOVE IT! My HG it fills in all the lines/pores and make up glides on! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best primer I have tried. My makeup glides on so easily and blends in flawlessly. My makeup looked perfect and fresh for the 6 hrs I had it on. It controlled the oiliness in my forehead. It is pretty expensive $45 with taxes. But if youre looking for a perfect flawless face, I recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by hapababy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No results at all--what am I doing wrong?

I read the terrific reviews here and went out and bought a bottle. I did the half-face test--moisturizer first as recommended all over, then La Base Pro on the left side only, then makeup and powder. I went for over 12 hours.

The result? No difference between the two sides of my face. None. I checked every couple of hours. No difference in lid or undereye creasing, pore visibility, sides-of-nose pooling, shine, color, apparent smoothness, no perceptible difference at all.

I applied it sparingly, which is what seems to be recommended. I'd love to find a base that extends the life of my makeup --why didn't this work for me?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Simply put this stuff in amazing it's glass doll skin in bottle. I highly recommend

EDIT......

Ya know this stuff is too expensive & honestly it's just ok. any silicon primer is going to do exactly what this does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use mac's studio tech foundation almost every day, but my skin being combination with an oily t-zone, I find it can slide off easily. I have tried many primers- LM and Smashbox which neither I liked and nars which was nice bu6t i didnt see much difference when i used it. After reading the great reviews here I went into Boots on oxford street and bought this primer. I really do love it, it goes on very smooth, a touch oily BUT this dries to a satin smooth finish within 10 secs. Really really great product, until I found this I never used to like primers as they were too oily/did nothing for me but this actually does the job of keeping my foundation on for longer and making it look smooth and even all day. I cannot rec this highly enough and I use it every day now :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product!
Ive used most the popular primers including smashbox regular and oil free versions, nars primer, make up forever, laura mercier ect ect. But this by far is the best! I like how it works both on combo and dry skin types while being oil free. My friend who has dry skin can use it and she says it doesnt dry her face out at all (although to be honest she says she perfers smashbox and LM). My face is combo but gets pretty oilly on my forehead t zone area. with out primer it oils up by 12 noon. This isnt as good as smashbox oil free version when it comes to mattifying but i dust a little urban decay mattifing power over my tzone when i finish my make up so problem solved. I used to really like the smashbox oil free primer for this reason but it always dried out around my mouth and nose and little flakes would come so it was in no way presentable. AND the application of lancomes primer is smooth and nice where as smashbox's felt drying even when applying ( and this was not a fluke, i used smashbox's for about a year). So over all love love love this primer but i do hate how I cant get the last 4-5 applications from the pump. I hate how it cant suck out that last bit, I feel like the bottle shouldnt be clear so I wouldnt have to be teased by the remainder taunting me from its glass tube hahaha. And with that I dont like the hefty price tag either, but the products so lovely Il continue to use!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No