October 31, 2014 | 1471 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by erskimo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never seen this product advertised and so I had never heard of it until I was looking at reviews of primers on makeupalley. Most people seemed to really rate it, so that did it for me and I bought it. I am delighted with it. The consistency is really silky and it's super-easy to blend. My foundation is Chantecaille Compact Make-up and it went on like a dream on top of Pro Base. Another reviewer said that it made her skin like a china doll and I agree - it really is that good. My skin looked so smooth it was almost creepy!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by cachmehere

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried every face primer ever made, I swear. This primer is absolutely the best ever, it makes my skin look like perfection and no oil. You will love this too. Its kind of expensive but considering you dont use more than one partial pump for your whole tzone it should last awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by sheal77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS! I bought it for my wedding, so my makeup would last & it stayed put all day in 90+ degree heat. Talk about fabulous! You only need a dab...maybe two pumps total, so really it isn't that badly priced. I think it makes my skin look good when I don't put foundation on. Doesn't make you oily, or clog pores or anything bad, just makes your skin look gorgeous. I swear by this and now wear it everyday. It even makes your makeup stay on and not melt off when you work out. FABULOUS!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 5:15:00 AM More reviews by candez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My makeup is always completely gone by mid-day. I tried this base to see if it would help my foundation last a little longer.

I used 1-1/2 pumps, rubbed the product vigorously between my fingers for about 5 seconds, and then lightly applied it to my face. It felt velvety going on, and left no heavy or sticky feeling at all. I then applied my foundation as usual.

Today it was 117 degrees outside, and I had to walk (outside in that heat) to a meeting at a neighboring office about a block away. Even after that, my makeup was still on at the end of the day. When I met my husband for dinner, I just needed a quick touch-up of lipstick and powder, and I looked like I did when I left the house in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by oth

I have combo skin and I use this under prescriptives virtual skin and the results is pretty good. Just one pump on the fingers and onto the face and it dries very quickly and the makeup glides on. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by sel21

Excellent primer, make up goes on smoothly and lasts all day

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

My new HG primer. Gives me smooth, flawless skin - "airbrushed" is so overused these days in makeup copy, but this is the closest I've come. Until now my favorite has been Smashbox Photo Finish with Dermaxyl but this has the edge. Surprisingly it doesn't make me too shiny - and that's a pleasant surprised, given I have combo skin. The dispenser is nice also, in that you can actually control how much comes out. And you won't need much - a tiny bit can do your whole face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by jlzakaras

Ugh. Oil slick. Even using just the barest trace of product. This felt really thick on my skin - I felt kind of rubbery, like seal skin. It did nothing for me at all.

I'll stick with BeneFit's Dr. Feelgood or Smashbox Photo Finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by silvertips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, this is lovely but I still wouldn't go running around the room going 'whoop whoop' about it if you know what I mean (can you tell i'm in a cynical mood).

I got this as a gift, it is a bit on the pricey side for me but I love the bottle and the pump delivers just the right amount of product. Very classy packaging.

It's a clear, non-sticky gel-like fluid that glides on the skin like silicone and makes your skin feel really smooth. I'm not sure i've seen much of a difference in how my skin looks which is why I wouldn't repurchase.

I'm planning on trying Avon Magix next but I may have a wait as this will last for ages. I would say try if you're in the mood for a splurge but don't expect miracles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by brittany23

i love this! it's better than smashbox b/c it doesnt make me look oily throughout the day like SBox did. this makes my good skin look even more flawless..like many of the ladies have said, only downside is the price~but we all need to splurge once in a blue moon.