April 16, 2014 | 1513 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

the best thing about this balm is probably the sour cherry candy scent. the balm is rather pigmented, considering. unfortunately, the color was a faded fuschia which i did not particularly like. the texture (applied) felt rather waxy, and somewhat dry and uncomfortable on my lips. however, the worst part of this was that it was not moisturzing at all -- in fact, i believe using this "balm" zapped my lips dry leaving them more chapped after use. that equates to a big fat NO in my book. i ended up returning this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by kawaiichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite thing about this product is the smell. It's so juicy and fruity smelling and it doesn't taste that bad either.

However, I do agree with many of the reviews about this--it really doesn't retain moisture and I find myself re-applying often which leaves my lips really red (the same color red as the tube) and uneven. I find that applying this first then applying a more moisturizing balm over it is more effective and keeping my lips moisturized and lightly tinted---but that defeats the purpose of this so-called moisturizing lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really hoping to fall in love with this balm after hearing so many wonderful things about the european version. I love the idea and packaging. The smell is really yummy too. Just like a popsicle! The texture is pleasant enough. Rather waxy, but comfortable and not too thick feeling on the lips. It doesn't leave a glossy finish at all. It's comfortable and the first application leaves a nice natural looking pinkish reddish flush on the lips that is MLBB. It definitely doesn't look like i'm wearing any colour. However, after an 30 minutes or so I feel the need to reapply and with every application, though the texture doesn't build up, the pigment does. Eventually I end up with uneven fuchsia stained lips. I really wish the pigment was more red and less fuchsia. It's just too blue-toned and unflattering. For reference I have super fair neutral toned skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lillian1717

I reviewed "A Kiss of Moisture" as well - and have the same opinion. It's a very very light lipbalm that works for about 5 minutes.

Positives: not greasy, smelly, sticky or too minty. Softens.

Negatives: doesn't last beyond 5 minutes, and this version is a very cherry red, so not really a "hint" at all. It's quite bright actually.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by nadarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a huge fan- this is the tinted balm I've been wishing for. It's a nice, smooth moisturizing balm with no stickiness or glossy wash- just a great berry tint. With a few layers of this, my medium complexion can go without "real" lipstick but still have great color on my lips. It's not a true red, but a very nice and layer-able berry shade.

The plastic bullet packaging will probably crack in my bag, but really, $3! Can't be beat!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by muakitten

I'm a lip balm junkie. I must have 50 different ones lying around my house. I don't really like this one at all. It's too waxy, almost leaving an uncomfortable film on my lips. Yet, it dries out my lips and doesn't moisturize them at all. It does have a nice cherry red tint. I prefer my cheap ol' Bonne Bell LipSmackers to this--especially the Cherry Coke one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by kings_20

This is a fabulous tinted lip balm. It is pretty slippery but the color is so pretty and it's pretty moisturizing. Great for when you need a little color but don't want lipstick. It smells like cherry suckers, not like real cherries. Very cheap too!! Try it, you've got nothing to lose but less than $2. I also bought the strawberry but ahven't sued it yet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Feels very nice going on but I didn't find the moisture long-lasting or very helpful. As a matter of fact I think this has been drying my lips out. The color is pretty but again, that didn't really work well for me either since it's a little bright for my coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by wendi6716

This is everything you always wanted cherry chapstick to be when you were a little girl- but alas, it never was. Nivea's kiss of flavor cherry is moisturizing, light (a little waxy - but come on, its a stick balm), and leaves a sweet 'i just ate a cherry popsicle' stain. the color is flattering and pretty and natural -not MLBB natural but kind of an innocent flush natural. not to mention, cheap as dirt. love love *love* i'm a lipstain girl and this makes me extremely happy. it is not stainlike in lasting power , but in look . its also a cinch to reapply, and instead of drying, is good for your lips! it is perhaps the most joy i've gotten out of an under $3 drugstore purchase ever. trust me, you want this. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know if I just have a weird one, but my Nivea Kiss of Flavor "cherry" lip balm isn't red like I had originally expected. The tube is more of a berry color and the lip balm itself seems more berry than cherry. But this is only a minor problem. The reason I gave it 4 lippies is because there's nothing too special about this product. I favor my Lip Smackers "Dr. Pepper" lip balm, which gives me redder lips and smells better too. I think the packaging for Nivea is kind of weird since the cap is so long and light and plastic-y. There are, however, good things about this. It goes on extremely smoothly and gives your lips moisture better than some other cheap lip balms. It also twists up really easily and plus, it was cheap.