Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Castor Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Glycerin, Carnauba Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grape Seed Oil, Beeswax, Butyl Methoxydibenzoykmethane, Water, Fragrance, Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 30 Lake

on 2/27/2009 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Nice cherry scent but it didn't really last very long. And the color didn't show up on my lips. Better than nothing but no big whoop. I bought it in a set for $2 which included the regular (blue) version, and a cute little black and white bag.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love how this looks on my lips! It seems to look more like a lip tint when I wear it, and it lasts like a lip tint too. In fact, it usually lasts a long time on me- I apply a little before working out, and when I finish, I still have 90% of that tint.
Also, you really have to only apply a little, because if you slather a lot of this on, you'll end up with bright clowny-looking lips. =/
I didn't notice any moisturization with this- I'm also not a big fan of the texture of this (I can't describe it- it's harder to rub my lips together when I wear this, and it doesnt hydrate them AT ALL). So when I do use it, I put another lip balm on top :)
I also despise the packaging of this; it's like a tube of a glue stick. Generally I HATE those gluestick-type tubes, so that is why I wouldn't repurchase.

on 2/9/2009 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. It makes my lips look awesome, just the right amount of sheer red, smells good and actually moisturizes. So many "tinted balms" have dried my lips out in the past. For three dollars? I'll definitely buy it again.

on 2/7/2009 7:15:00 PM

i bought this balm at my local rite aid, being drawn to the "sheer red tint" claim. unfortunately, if you're like me and you like to swipe your balms across your lips multiple times, this isnt for you. the only way i keep from looking like a clown with this on is by verrrry lightly gliding this across my bottom lip only.

and my lips become dry after a while, prompting me to use it again, which only makes me look more like a clown.

i'll keep it in place of lipstick for the summer (yes, it's THAT tinted).

EDIT: I lost this a while ago, but not before I decided that I did in fact like this balm! After I used it a bit more, the clown-like effect wore away (maybe it's just when you open it??) and it makes my lips look glossy and cherry-kissed!

on 2/7/2009 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This balm is okay, but I wouldn't buy them again. The packaging sucks--there's a little crevice around the actually lip balm stick, so after you twist it down after applying, all the excess that smeared to the side of the stick gets caught in the crevice. It's really gross and you can't really get it out.
It doesn't feel as moisturizing as Lip Smackers, and Lip Smackers aren't even that moisturizing. They feel really slippery on your lips, and slide everywhere. The only nice things I'll say about them is their smell (candy-like and fruity) and the color (quite good pigmentation for a balm.)
I haven't tried the Labello formula yet, so I can't really compare the two.

on 1/26/2009 11:16:00 PM

I love Nivea blams because they are cheap yet effective. This one is just as good as the rest, it hydrates and goes on nicely without having to repeatedly go over your lips. The smell is perfect, like sour cherries. The only draw back to this product is the tint. Its quite pink, not red. Im certainly not going to thow it away because I will be able to layer things on top of it, but just as a quick-fix balm, I will have to stick with Kiss of Moisture.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Judging this against it's Labello counterpart - there's no contest. According to the websites, they are meant to be the same item. This one, however, is a waxy, drying mess. Ugh, it makes me so sad because not only is the originally Cherry Labello much more moisturzing, but so is the Kiss of Moisuture (blue) Nivea currently available in the States. I will not be rebuying this, but I fully recommend the blue Kiss of Moisture one right usually displayed right beside it. This does give a very (very!) strong lip tint and could be used for that alone - just don't expect any moisturizing benefits.

on 1/18/2009 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can understand both the positive and negative reviews for this product. It is very smooth, moisturizing, and long-lasting, but the pigmentation is closer to what I'd expect from a lipstick than a lip balm. And this can be both a good or a bad thing. In my case, I am a fan of sheer, peachy-pink color on my lips, rather than the wine red of A Kiss of Flavor Cherry. I wanted to try this product, and this was the only tinted version available. Looking at other reviews, I'd probably like the Strawberry flavor better. Other than that, this is a great balm--maybe not as moisturizing as your standard, non-tinted version, but still good. The consistency--a smooth, matte, moisturized but not glossy effect--reminds me a lot of Smashbox's Tinted Lip Treatments, and, given that those go for $18 and these for $3, I'd say these are a steal. Great product if you like a berry-wine-dark-cherry color on your lips.

on 1/16/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! My lips get dried out at work and this tinted stick keeps them moisturized and colored. It doesn't quite provide as much of the moisturizing "feeling" as I prefer, but it color lasts longer then I expected.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the labello lip balms (not availible in the US) and these nivea ones look exactly like them, so I just HAD to give them a whirl. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed in this! While i love the smell (yummy sour cherry/cherry kool-aid) The color is just ghastly on me! Its much to dark and much to magenta for my taste. The color also sinks into the crevices of my dry lips (even the natural "wrinkles" of not dry lips)..not a good look. If the color was much much much more subtle i would have loved this, but alas. I looked in the mirror with this on for a mid-day touch-up and I looked like some 2-cent hooker with this on..uggggghhh! garbage it goes!

Popular Lip Treatments