October 23, 2014 | 1335 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by JessikuhV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

People seem to be reviewing the "Cat Eyes" version of this mascara on here, which they shouldn't be because the two mascaras are very different. I bought this version randomly and I actually really liked it. It added a lot of volume AND length to my little eyelashes. It can be a bit clumpy, but you can get around that if you know how to properly apply the mascara. The formula is quite wet at first, so waiting for the mascara to dry between coats is necessary. It also holds a curl very well. The size of the large wand is not really a problem for me as I have learned to use it over time. The only con with this mascara is that it flakes a little and it does smudge a bit under the eye but I've noticed that concealing and using an under eye setting powder can really help with that. Although the mascara is not perfect, I have yet to find one that works better. Will be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Clumps. Flaky. Uneven coverage. Definitely not the best from maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by bieberoni

ok first of all my lashes are only 1 centimeter long, they're stick straight poniting down, and they're extremely light and sparse looking,meaning they dont show up in photos. I also have monolid eyes, which constantly push my lashes down. After curling my lashes, I apply and really work this onto my lashes. I don't count the number of coats, I just work it. This mascara gives me length, volume and holds my curl pretty much all day at school, so like about 6-7 hours. If you want more length, swipe the mascara from bottom to top like the traditional way to put on mascara. If you want more volume, just put the wand against your lashes, like literally just press it against them a few times. The only downfall to this is that it does smudge onto the bottom of my eye, but to be fair every mascara prob will smudge on me because of my oily monolids. Mine's in waterproof as well, which I have tested against water and crying, which didn't flake or budge but just sort of ruined the curl and made my lashes slightly clumped together. And just for reference, after curling and using this mascara, I literally go from looking as if I have no lashes, to having pretty decent ones that people can see and even compliment and ask me what mascara I use.
*tip: a great way to remove the waterproof version of this is to use vaseline. yup, petroleum jelly.*

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ginajewell

All time favorite. Not too wet, not too dry. No clumps, holds a curl, good for sensitive eyes, and an easy removal. I can go on for days. I like the washable better because it comes off and goes on a bit easier. Love love love it

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Justminick

I am usually somewhat satisfied with maybelline - but not this time. I got this in the cat eyes and I HATE it. It goes on horribly -- doesn't work into the eyelashes, doesn't build up, clumps badly, and then later on it flakes off. Not to mention - the brush hurts my eyes.

I wish I didn't buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by SoniaResiak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I personally think this is one of the best mascara's out there! It creates quite a lot of length with a ton of volume. I think this is an underrated product. People rave more about "the Falsies" mascara, but I didn't find it to be as voluminous or lengthening. The clumping isn't too bad and the volume holds for quite a while. To get best results, apply multiple layers and apply from the root of the lash. It never smudged on me unless I rubbed my eyes for a long period of time. I love this mascara so much as it can be used as a natural everyday look or a voluminous party lashes mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by ladypamela1

This did next to nothing for my lashes and I was disappointed. The wand is flimsy and feels cheap and it made my eyelashes look like I have only 10 lashes on each eye. At least it wasn't a goopy formula and it was easy to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by 8Infinity8

This mascara is quite good! It adds lots of length. I have long lashes (but I don't have a lot of lashes) and this mascara makes them so long that it looks kinda creepy. So I then have to go over them once with a clean spooly brush. It doesn't flake or rub off. I like it and I would recommend it for everyone (especially for someone who doesn't have long lashes).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

THE GOOD: Nice dark formula, one of the better drugstore mascaras IF paired with a good lash separating device/mascara.

THE BAD: Although the brush looked exciting on this mascara, it underwhelmed me. It did nothing at all for my lashes. The moment I start to apply it begins clumping lashes together. If that's what maybelline calls volumizing then i'll be damned.

THE UGLY: Did I mention that brush?

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by JulesRiv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very wet mascara. It did nothing but weigh my lashes down and clump them up like crazy after only one swipe.