October 22, 2014 | 1973 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2005 5:40:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best and most unique products from LUSH. Everyone loves the fragrance, and guess what?! I've recently found a dead-on scent copy of Silky Underwear (and Alkmaar) -- it's called Amore by Bathed and Infused.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 12:43:00 PM More reviews by jezebelthorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really liked this product, I actually even like the packaging, I though it was quite kitcsh and retro.
It isn't heavily scented so a dusting just leaves you lightly fragranced with the lovely scent plus it leaves your skin feeling really silky as well.
I actually got given this as a gift but I would definately buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2005 9:24:00 AM More reviews by eat_your_veggies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Alkmaar, Silky Underwear, Fairy Jasmine, & Turbo Bubble all have the same scent....and I really dislike it. It smells ok from the tub, but on my skin it smells like sweaty socks. The only fragrance from lush that I can actually say I hate. The powder itself is very "silky" but that's not enough to make me buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2005 8:15:00 PM More reviews by yokojoano

This powder smells so good. The cocoa butter chunks don''t really stick to you, and the packaging sucks (it leaks and looks cheap) but the powder is still worth buying, and I will buy it again. I havne't found many powders I like. This is great out of the shower to start your day or lovely right before bed, and makes your sheets smell wonderful. The scent is floral but clean and light and sensual and really lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2005 10:52:00 AM More reviews by measle

I've had a few containers of this. Beautiful powder, smells devine. Love it when a bit of the cocoa butter falls out, like a little surprise! Not sure about that last review though - it's a body powder, it's not for your face dude!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 11:17:00 AM More reviews by plasticbread

This is a sexy, delicate smelling loose powder for the BODY. I love the smell. The powder itself is very soft, not grainy. The main ingredient is cornstarch, not talc. Don't apply to much to your body, otherwise you will look pasty white. The scent lasts only a few hours. The packaging could be improved, its awkward to shake it out of the packaging and I seem to spill it everywhere. It does not come with a puff, so you will have to use your own or apply it with your hands. I will purchase this again, but I want LUSH to improve the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by catters

One of my favorite Lush products. I use this after the shower to layer over Potion lotion and the smell lingers all day. The jasmine/floral scent is light enough not to smell "perfumey" but still gives you a clean scent all day. I also use this on my sheets. I've not noticed a problem with the cocoa butter messing my sheets up, but I do wash them weekly... The amount lasts, for me, a long time. My only complaint is that the packaging feels a little unstable. I've lost the top in it before. Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2005 2:12:00 PM More reviews by gatinha321

I stupidly swapped this away a year ago but I'm on a LUSH kick right now so I repurchased. So glad I did. I'm generally not a floral scent lover but this is so downright sexy smelling that I had to have it again. They use jasmine absolute, which in the LUSH times is said to cost $18,706.45USD/kg. Let's not forget how nice it makes your skin feel either, with all the little cocoa butter pieces, which I think is quite a decadent touch.

It's a tad expensive for the amount you get but I don't use this everyday. I must, however, shake my fist at the LUSH folks who made such a crummy package to put this in. It leaks no matter how tightly you think you've closed it. Regardless of this annoyance, I'll definitely repurchase (and have).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2005 11:18:00 PM More reviews by rhorner79

I really love the silkiness of this powder, and the fact that it doesn't contain talc is a huge bonus. It makes my skin feel amazing! The smell is nice, but really hard to mix with any of my perfumes. You have to wear it alone. My only gripe is that I get little chunks of cocoa butter in the powder and they don't blend into my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2005 11:56:00 PM More reviews by dejahthoris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

mmmmmmmmm.... the softest, most delicious scent.. (I wish they made a perfume.. does anyone know of a perfume that smells like this?) Smells like jasmine and butter and sugar.. not too sweet.. but you almost want to eat the fragrance... it's that sexy and yummy. This is a fine, silky powder that is cornstarch-based. In it are little lumps of cocoa butter each about the size of half a grain of rice. These are supposed to moisturize, but on me they seem to fall off and hit the ground before they can melt enough to soak in. I love this powder in the summer when things get sweaty... this is the only bath powder I've ever loved enough to want to use. Soooo, this product should earn at least 10 lippies for the smell alone, but I had to deduct one lippie for the fact that the smell doesn't last terribly long on the skin (a couple of hours) and one lippie off also for the Horrid(!!!) packaging. Others have commented on this as well.. in the US where I buy it, it comes in a 'parmesan cheese' shaker with large holes only.. and even if you close the holes, you can turn the shaker upside down and quite a bit leaks out around the edges. (I actually use this 'feature' (?!#!) when I want to sprinkle my bed linens.. keeps the cocoa butter lumps from getting in my sheets.) Of course, this makes it messy when travelling. I can't say it enough, I love LUSH's products, but their packaging (when it is there) couldn't be worse. Anyway... with the two lippies off that still leaves it at 8 lippies and this scorer maxes out at 5 sooo... consider it a recommendation:) Will repurchase many, many, many times. (If you like this smell try their Fairy Jasmine bath bomb and their TurboBubble bubblebath bar, but oh, LUSH, won't you make a perfume? please??)