December 22, 2014 | 997 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by iamaycee

One of my HG Foundation! This will always be a staple on my make up kit!:D

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation because its hd, oil free with medium coverage, but I couldn't. This stuff did not last on my oily skin at all. Within two hours I was extremely shiny and my foundation look non existent. This foundation also clogged my pores pretty badly. Good thing I only got a sample of this foundation! Oh boy..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by RLDonaghy

Foundation is something I always play with. I am not necessarily loyal to any one foundation. However, this one is one of my favorites and I buy it a few times a year. I have medium toned skin and that tans easily. During the Summer I wear 123 and during the Winter I wear 118. I have also found mixing these two colors gives me the perfect shade for those in between times. When it comes to shades, there are plenty which is a definite pro with this line of foundations.
Obviously it is an HD foundation, so this is great for any time when you are going to be in front of the camera. Having pictures done, or perhaps your wedding day when there will be plenty of photos being taken. It won't give you that washed out, ghostly white face!
I have blemish prone skin, acne, old acne discoloration, and redness. (Ugh!) This is a great full coverage foundation, but it doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It's easy to wear. Doesn't leave you with a matte finish, would be more on the side of a dewy finish.
Wears all day.
Overall, this is a great foundation! I would highly recommend it. Go to Sephora, let them match your shade, get a sample and take it home and wear it for 2-3 days and see if it's right for you.
I would highly recommend it! One of the better foundations out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by makeshiftrift

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this whe I walked into a random Sephora while touring NYC with a couple friend during the Christmas season back in '08. I had no idea that this foundation was building a cult following, I really like it and the way it "clean up" my face but it still looked like my skin. It was not goop and never broke me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Dis8ged

Overall a really good coverage liquid foundation. On good days, I don't even require concealer. However, produces oil too quickly and not ideal for oily skin. Requires touching up to prevent shine. Does not break me out particularly, but requires more attention to remove thoroughly due to its coverage.

Too expensive, but can last me approx 6-9 months using it everyday. Just 1 pump for the entire face (with a bit of remaining foundation to use as concealer if required).

Don't like how loose the cap is. Drop it once and the cap will never fit tightly again.

Update: changed this from a 4 star to a 3 star because I realised more flaws in this foundation as I learn more about foundations. This transfers, oxidizes, and it looks patchy after shine breaks through. Also updated to will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ElectricBlack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this to give it a try. The lady in Sephora recommended the 153 Shade and since their lighting is horrendous in there... I was slightly convinced to buying it. Give it a few days of wear and my mum laughed at me stating that it looked like my face is covered in 'mud'. I looked at it some more (I usually do my makeup in front of the window for more natural and accurate lighting)... and I was just mortified. It was definitely darker than my own skin tone. I finally got my match with Shade 123 and it looked perfect with natural light plus the foundation can be sheered down to a natural finish. Its a great match under natural light but under Flash Photo it has was slightly lighter than my neck but it wasnt to bad... there wasnt any flashback. It has NO oil control at all so be weary and find a nice powder to touch up your T Zone. It lasts a good 6+ hohrs on my skin and I dont normally like touching up my liquid foundation. I use this on a daily basis on my 12H shifts and it does just fine. I used to use Benefit Hello Oxygen and it was the exact same quality... sheer, buildable, great with photos, and no oil control. I dont regret buying it though since I really want a base that does not look like makeup. I will continue using it until I find the next best thing. My MUST HAVES with foundations: 1. Flash Photo Friendly 2. Looks like skin/Undetectable 3. Oil Control 4. Long Lasting 5. Close to a Perfect Match with my own skin

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

I have combination skin so this foundation didn't last long on me. I think it should be used for people with dry and/ or normal skin. I don't recommend it for those with oily or combo skin. It has light to medium coverage. If you use it with setting powder than it may last longer. It leaves my skin with a dewy finish but it is just not for me because I have a oily t-zone and the dewy finish, made my skin look even oilier, even with setting powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Anahata66

I really wanted to like this foundation. Tried it here and there for months. Everytime I used it, my face ended up an oily mess. I was talking on my phone once and when I hung up I looked at it and there was a huge smeared smudge from this makeup. I've never been one to use "too much" product, I don't like that look. Even after applying in small amounts, it just didn't work for me. I know some rave about this. If this worked great for you...that's awesome. Sadly, I wont be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Most love this foundation but frankly it seems to cause my relatively dry completion some issues. I have purchased this more than once, thinking it would work on me THIS TIME - but each go around I find that within three to four hours on my face, I feel oily patches through my t zone - something that never happens with my Lancome 24 hour or Nars' Sheer Glow foundations. So, this foundation remains problematic for MY skin and I cannot recommend it. I especially would not recommend it to anyone who has any breakout or similar issues.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

As an NC15 girl, they don't offer shades light enough for me. I have the 110, and it's very pink (as described) but is also significantly darker than my Mac/Nars(Siberia) shades. There is a 107 shade however it is never carried instore or online. It's medium coverage but capable of being built to full. If I had a perfect tone match then I would probably like it, but I don't. I can't see myself re-buying just due to the colour issues, but if it matched I may. 50$CAD for a foundation is kind of a stretch.