August 21, 2014 | 1684 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by christinamariehollis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This used to be my holy grail of foundations. I wore it every day for a year. I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Until I ventured off and started trying other foundations.

What I really loved about this foundation is how flawless it looked on the skin. However, I do think you have to have pretty good skin to wear this. Which I used to have, until I hit 22 and started suffering from hormonal breakouts. Once that happened this foundation just didn't cut it for me anymore. I would say the coverage of this foundation is light to medium.

This foundation looks absolutely flawless in pictures. Whenever I wore this foundation I always got compliments on how great my skin looked. I even had a girl working at chipotle ask me what makeup I was wearing and me it looked "really flawless." I always set this foundation with with bare minerals matte foundation or make up for ever duo mat. Which always gave me more coverage and most importantly the coverage I felt I needed.

For a long time I wore the wrong shade, a shade that was too light. I'm an NC25 and I wore 120. It was very yellow based, which was perfect for my undertones, but definitely too light. I recently tried 118 and 125 and those two colors seemed to be a really good match. Probably 118 in the winter and 125 in the summer. The way they number their shades is really off, because 118 is definitely darker than 120.

I usually applied this foundation with my fingers. I used this foundation before I really got into using brushes. So I can't really say how it would look with a brush or sponge. But I was always happy with the way it looked applied with my fingers.

I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin. My skin started changing when I hit 22. I found my face had changed from normal to combination oily. And once that happened the lasting power of this foundation wasn't that great. It seemed to sort if slip off in my oilier areas.

Overall I think it's a really great foundation for people with little to no problems with their skin. I also think it's great for people with normal to dry skin. You would definitely need to set it with a matte powder if you have oily skin. It's great for photography or on screen. I wish this foundation still worked for me. Once my skin has cleared a little bit of the acne scarring and I don't need a full coverage foundation, I can definitely see myself coming back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by gwenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation works really well for my combination skin. It may get a little shiny at the t-zone, but it's nothing a mattifying powder can't solve!

I have few blemishes and these cover it up well, dap with some concealer and it's perfect! I'm so glad i found this foundation, and totally should have gotten this earlier.

I use only a pump or less on my face and it blends well into my skin, will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Bvaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is loved by most but hated by me. I think it's an oily skin girls nightmare. It won't ever set it'll just stay wet on your skin even after powder and it will come right off onto your phone shirt anything! It has very poor coverage and is too expensive for what it is. Dry/ normal skin girls who just want to be evened out go for it, otherwise don't bother.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by BunOnTheRun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HORROR OF HORRORS!!! and NO, I'm not exaggerating!!! I would take a pic of my face and put it on here now, but it would most likely traumatize the most emotionally stable person out there!
I bought this foundation back 2 months ago after doing research for a GOOD FULL coverage foundation. I have struggled with terrible acne and rosacea since about 25 years of age (had a flawless complexion until then). I had finally gotten my acne under control and treating the horrible disfiguring rolling acne scars that were left behind. I had single breakout in an ENTIRE YEAR!! I was also not using any makeup other than some tea tree concealer by The Body Shop to cover some of the red scars still left behind. I don't know why I got it in my head that I needed to buy foundation but somehow the reviews on Sephora all seemed to beckon to me that MUFE HD foundation was my miracle answer.
WRONG.
I found the perfect color for my skin but it was slowly drying out my skin every time I used it. I used the Redness neutrilizing primer and the finishing powder as well. UGH. no matter how light a hand i used the makeup looked cakey and fake after a few hours, I"m the kind of girl that likes a natural look, so I was most def not pleased with this cakey face look.
THE WORST PART?? It gave me cystic acne under my skin (the ones that take forever to go away) as well as little whiteheads and blackheads all over my left cheek and near my nose!!! I knew it was the foundation because it was the ONLY thing I changed in my routine. I"m STILL trying to calm my skin from this awful decision I made. OH..AND I didn't breakout right away...it took about a month before my skin got so congested I just started having big pimples. It also brought my rosacea which had been in remission for a few years back on full force.
HATE HATE HATE this product. DO NOT BUY!!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been trying to find a good foundation with medium coverage that does not cake or flake. I thought I had found one with MUFE HD High Definition Foundation in #120. The first couple of days it was ok, not great but I figured I needed to get used to using a makeup brush. Normally I use a Beauty Blender. I gave it a full week and really this is not a spectacular foundation. It flaked over dry areas no matter what primer or moisturizer I used. By the end of the day it had settled into my pores and fine lines. I could easily smooth it out but why bother. I expect a foundation to stay fresh looking for at least 8 hours.

All in all not a great foundation for combination aging skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by christynickel01

I love this product! I have pretty uneven, normal-oily combo skin and this foundation covers so well and doesn't cake or make me break out! It's not oily or sticky and lasts me all day! I'll never use another foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Bafisher13

Love. Great full coverage .. Doesn't get greasy ... Can use finger tips lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

For any special occassion, major life event or night out in which I know I will be photographed, I use this foundation. It photographs incredibly well, with absolutely zero flashback or that dreaded white-cast/ghost-face that happens with my other foundations that have SPF (Estee Lauder Double Wear and Revlon ColorStay are the worst culprits!). Even if your skin doesn't look that great in real life, somehow this foundation manages to make your skin look flawless on camera, blurring your imperfections. So in the photography aspect, yes, it photographs brilliantly, no worries there at all.

Now, coverage wise, it's a light-medium foundation. You can add more to get full-coverage, however 1-2 pumps will not provide coverage in the way that MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Revlon ColorStay and Estee Lauder Double Wear foundations do. 3 pumps is enough for me, 4 only if my skin is being very problematic. It does feel light on the skin, although it does take a while to 'settle' as on application it looks wet. The consistency of the foundation is a mixture of watery and cream.

Furthermore, there is the issue of longevity. I have oily-combo skin, and whenever I've worn this foundation on it's own, I've noticed that it does not last nearly as well as Double Wear, Maximum Cover or ColorStay, in actual fact it lasts around 4-5 hours before slipping off my face and t-zone. However, when I use it with a good primer underneath (Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting or Rimmel Fix & Perfect #002), setting powder (Ben Nye Neutral Set) and setting spray (Ben Nye Final Seal), I get a good 8-9 hours of longevity. For me this is NOT a foundation I can implicitly trust and rely on to last and keep my face free from shine all day. Now that we are approaching the Winter months in the UK, and my skin is drier, this foundation is increasing in longevity for me, albeit due to me powdering my t-zone, using primer and setting spray on a daily basis.

On me, I get a finish that is in between satin and matte - it is definitely not full-matte like Double Wear, Maximum Cover, ColorStay or Cinema Secrets - it has an element of dewy-ness to it. Personally I dislike too much dewy in my foundation. As mentioned earlier I have combo-oily skin and dewy to me makes my face look greasy/sweaty, I'd rather use highlighter to bring a glowy subtle shine back to my face. The dewy effect is lost on me anyway since I powder my t-zone and chin. Because I apply with a BeautyBlender, I haven't noticed it being cakey or blotchy, but I make sure to apply when my moisturiser and primer have had time to fully sink in to my skin.

Another positive aspect of this foundation is that I was very easily able to find my perfect match. I am #120 'Soft Sand', described as "for medium-light skin with yellow undertones". In MAC terms this is NC20-25. I have strong yellow-olive undertones to my skin, and I'm very pleased that this shade is yellow-toned too. I really like the packaging too, the pump is strong and very efficient, not to mention hygienic.

Overall, whilst the foundation does not have the longevity nor coverage of Double Wear, Maximum Cover, ColorStay or Cinema Secrets, with a little more effort via primer, powder and setting spray I can increase these elements. It photographs incredibly well and I found my perfect match, so I will keep repurchasing it, not for everyday wear but for those times in my life I know I'll be photographed - I will be wearing it to my university graduation on Tuesday!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by kitkat1829

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: Excellent color range, beautiful coverage and lasted for hrs.

Cons: I can see this working well for someone with oily, combination or even slightly dry skin. My skin is insanely dry and this was a problem (even with moisturized skin). If my skin was more hydrated, I would love it. If you are very dry all over, it most likely won't work.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's OK. It's a medium, buildable coverage. Like another reviewer said, it looks good some days and not so great on others. Not my favorite, but not bad. I would not purchase again, though.