November 29, 2014 | 1731 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Coverage is medium-high. Has a flowery scent which I don't hate, but don't love it either. This makes me look a bit 'pasty' in photos (unnatural), and seems to disappear within a few hours of application (not long-wearing enough). Won't be repurchasing, not worth the price either.

Glass bottle packaging is super bulky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by blyss

I've used probably over 18 foundations in the past 7 years of MUA and this is the first time where I've found a HG foundation. My issues are not many but I am oily skin with uneven skintone... plus I have a golden undertone. I strongly prefer a natural matte medium finish and trying to address all of these issues was much harder than I first thought nearly 7 years ago.

I'm a MAC NC30, BB Warm Sand, and MUFE F&B #32. All the prior foundation listed came close but none of them was able to really get my skintone right till Shu Uemura. I was matched to 564 and it was perfect. It's the right neutral golden shade without being too yellow to make me look sallow or too pink to be obvious. It's also slightly lighter and more neutral than MUFE which is great.

As for the texture, this is where the love comes in. It's ultra light and yet can be easily be a medium finish. It blends like a dream... leaving a silky texture behind. It doesnt feel like makeup and it doesn't sit on the skin. If anything, it has a slight cooling effect... I'm not sure if it's from the Deepsea Water it is made from but it feels fantastic in the summer. I'm also looking forward to this in the winter as I tend to get drier. With it being mostly made of water, i'm hoping this avoids any flakes. This foundation does not make my oily skin oilier and it doesn't fade over time.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a light or medium coverage foundation and wants to have the look of great skin. It looks natural, feels great, and matches perfectly.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Kgrrrl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best foundation I've ever used. I'm not really into foundation but this product is FABULOUS. It's light and easy to wear, provides light to medium coverage and comes in a wide range of colours. It also stays true to colour on skin. No yucky orange oxidisation. It has good lasting power and photographs well. It's easy to apply and smells lovely. Will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is actually a pretty good foundation. It's rather light weighted but then it can provide medium coverage. The coverage is buildable - use fingers to apply for a fuller coverage but a brush for sheerer coverage. I haven't tried using a sponge though. The finish is a satin one - neither glowy nor completely matte.

Oil control is not too bad for my combo skin during summer, but then it's transferable, ie. blotting my oilier parts of the face will get the foundation (even when powdered) on the tissue paper. Note that it clings slightly to dry patches though not as bad as my Chanel Teint Innocence liquid.

The staying power is average for the (evil) hot and humid weather here. I can't really ask for more. There is still trace of fdt left on my face after 12 hours w/o any touch-up.

The major problem I have is that the foundation doesn't sink/ blend into my skintone. It just sits there and doesn't look natural enough for me. I tried using less foundation but still, doesn't work. The interesting thing is that the colour match is pretty good. I don't understand why as well... That's why I won't be purchasing again.

As for the packaging, I love the hygenic pump dispenser but not the heavy glass bottle.

Price-wise, it's comparatively cheap among h/e brands for 30ml liquid fdt. Still pretty good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by SkincareAficionada

This is the first Shu Uemura product that i have liked so much! THoug the product doesnt like me much considering i have so much to conceal, but if you are someone who has minimal flaws, the this is the best radiance booster! IT ILLUMINATES complexion so much! so much! It doesnt control oil productionm, but just regulates it to the optimal level! Maybe you are aking how come i have shu uemura products under my review, it is because i want only one brand to use. Example Shu uemura, if i bought a shu foundation i want it all shu, from powder to nail gloss! For uniformity. BUT HONESTLY I AM NOT QUITE SATISFIED WITH SHU, SO THE SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT BRAND GOES ON!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by cosmonautte

I LOVE this foundation to hell and I don't think there is a chance I will be changing brands anytime soon since I already bought two more bottles! This foundation provides a light-medium coverage that can be built on, and it does not make things look gross and cakey. It provides a smooth and perfect finish and is very easy to blend and apply so streaking might only happen if your cat puts it on you in the dark. It's not very oil-controlling but I can live with that. The pump is great. I've recommended this to all my friends and everyone who has used it so far loves it. Best foundation ever. I've used MAC, Chanel, even Maybelline but none compares.

For reference, I am NC20 in MAC and use 774. Go to your nearest Shu counter and they will match you up fantasically.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 3:41:00 AM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've experimented with so many different brands, just to find the right foundation. I've used Maybelline, Loreal, NARS, MAC, Bojours... I'm currently using Giorgio Armani.
I have to say, I really love this foundation! Even though I purchased it about a year ago, I can say that this is one of the foundations that I will be definitely going back to. The price is really reasonable in Taiwan (about $40)- this is so much cheaper than NARS or Giorgio Armani, so it is quite worth it. Now let me break it down!

I would recommend this foundation for those who are going for a dry, matte look. This foundation does not shine, and will not give you the glowy, oily kind of look that you see a lot celebs sporting on the red carpet. Hehe. I personally like the matte look a lot more, because come on, your skin looks so much better! Matte foundation is also far more photogenic.

Pros:

-Quite heavy coverage. Perfect if you like the flawless runway-model kind of look. Too much CAN look cakey though.

-No primer necessary, at least in my case. A year ago I couldn't be arsed spending $30 on a primer. Now that I think back, wow! It worked great without one. I wonder how amazing it'd be actually with a primer.

-Gorgeous smell. Orgasmic. Hehehe.

-Goodbye to concealer. Since the coverage is heavy, concealer is unnecessary unless your skin is really covered in zits & acne. Blotchy skin is easily concealed with this. I find that with other foundations that I have tried (with far more sheer coverage), I still need to top off my foundation with heavy concealer to cover the blotchiness. My forehead is REALLY red.

-Best applied with a brush or with fingers. It looks smooth applied with a brush because the heavy texture of the foundation won't make it look streaky. You can use your fingers to even out the texture. If you want to use your foundation frugally, then use your fingers. It definitely saves a lot more. Using a sponge is really wasteful.

Cons:

-A bit pore clogging. I find that I need to cleanse my pores a lot more than often, or at least compared to the other foundations I have sported

-With heavy coverage comes a heavy feeling face. This foundation doesn't make you feel very "natural"... Lightweight foundations like the NARS oil-free foundation make you feel like foundation is non-existent!

-Comes off easily with sweat... So definitely have your powder ready.

Other than that, I think you should overlook the cons, because the pros are really worth it. This is an amazing foundation!!! Will be purchasing again after I'm finished with my Giorgio Armani foundation. Or maybe after I try out the Paul & Joe one. Hehehe!!!

Hope this helped.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is sheerer than i expected, but the texture is so dreamy. blendability is AMAZING, not cakey at all and it has a natural finish. even though it smudges off a bit, i still love this foundation very much because the color match is perfect. i love shu uemura for making shades which are suited to yellow asian skin. this is definitely my HG foundation and i will surely repurchase when i run out of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by rogersmarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to admit, I really really love this. I almost didn't buy it though because I received three different samples from the MA at Nordstroms and she was way off on the color selection. Each time I brought the sample home to be dismayed by the color mismatch. But I was determined to give this a go, after reading all the great reviews.
I finally went back to the counter, and instead of listening to the MA I totally ignored her rants and picked out my own color. I was shocked to find it was 165 because I'm usually more mid-range in other brands. But that was the color that looked right to me, and I took the plunge and bought it. I am so glad I did b/c it is probably the best foundation I have tried so far, and let me tell you I have tried them all.
It is just perfect, it stays on all day.
EDIT: After using this for three months, I have to admit that while the product goes on really nicely, I really dislike the look of it as the day goes on. After a few hours, my skin looks very pasty and ghoulish. I am afraid I had to downgrade this foundation. While still a better product than most, sadly I will have to start hunting again for my HG. Too bad, I really thought this was going to work out this time :(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ccccsc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG!!!!! This is the first foundation I have used that I am in love with.I had settled for mineral make up thinking it was as good as its gonna get.But this is the one Ive been waiting for all my life.Why.... cuz it covers everything without looking heavy and cakey and gross.I want to put make up on to look better.Thats the point right.?.Update....
I cant have it all after all.This has caused a horrible rash like breakout all over my face.Every pore is plugged.I had to return.I am totally bummed. I am used to breaking out but not like this.This is a true reaction to the make up.The search continues....