December 20, 2014 | 830 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this brush! I generally use a blending sponge for my foundations, but I wanted to try a brush in hopes of using less product and getting better coverage. Sonia Kashuk brushes are absolutely incredible. This flat-top is so incredibly soft and dense! I use no more than a pea-sized drop of my Revlon Colorstay and it gives me full coverage for my entire face. It's so much easier to use than the blending sponge (especially around my monroe piercing) and the foundation doesn't sink down into the brushes. I wish I would have purchased this a long time ago. My foundations are going to last so much longer now. This brush is lovely and I almost can't believe that it was at Target for only $15. I'll take Sonia Kashuk bargain buys over MAC splurges any day of the week.

Edit: Applies foundation a little too heavy for the spring/summer, but works amazingly for highlighting my cheekbones and contouring! Definitely multipurpose and earning its 5 lippies every day :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I purchased this on Friday after my experiment w/ blending mousse foundation w/ Japonesque Travel Stippling Brush was a total fail (see my review).

I am SOOO spoiled by my supersoft brushes already in my possession: EM, Ecotools, Sonia Kashuk. I simply cannot tolerate scratchy brushes on my sensitive skin. I needed a brush to blend my non-powder foundation and since I have had wonderful luck w/ other SK brushes, I decided to try this - even before I read the reviews here.

BACKGROUND: I am a die-hard EM mu fan, but after 2-3 years of this, I felt the need to experiment and w/ my skin being xtra dry this winter - figured what the heck - lets play a bit. After using nothing but mmu for so long, I figured there would be a learning curve going back to a non-powder foundation. Well, there is (as far as concealers and such) but as far as blending w/ a brush (something I would have NEVER have thought of prior to MUA), no learning curve w/ this brush. Its SOFT and just dense enough to blend my mousse foundation to give me great coverage and, dare I say, almost an air-brushed look??!!

Pleased it is easy to get at Target, not super expensive ($14.99).

Another winner by SK!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great multitasking brush!

It's a little small, but overall it's a great liquid foundation or cream blush brush for precise blending. It bristles are dense and soft. I love the handle, very ergonomic, but also Victorian and classy. Great bargain for $16.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I purchased the soft, synthetic flat top brush that is about $15 at Target. Kashuk has a cheaper line but not as soft. This brush is ideal for loose mineral makeup. If you very slowly stroke the powder on, very little will fly away as it does with the kabuki brushes where a swirling motion is recommended. The flat top brush is incredibly soft and if you only use powder makeup, it will not need washing very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by joslook

I bought this after seeing how highly recommended it was on MUA as well as other review sites. I wanted a good stippling brush to blend my foundation/tinted moisturizer for a natural look. This brush is great! It is soft and not one bristle has come out yet. It works wonderfully and enables you to only need to use a small amount of foundation at a time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

Once again, makeupalley did not let me down on this brush! It has become my favorite brush for liquid foundation. The size of the brush head is smaller than I had anticipated, but it applies like a dream! Best $15 ever spent, period! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by orchid78mx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love this brush!! I use this with liquid foundation, it is better than my sigma 180 in a lot of ways but they still both have my unconditional love! this one is smaller so it can reach smaller areas of your face, I usually just dot my liquid foundation all over my face and then I just pat making your brush pat into the skin. This gives a little bit more, fuller coverage. I will probably buy another one so when one is still drying I can have another one!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by NismoBella

this is my second sonia foundation brush...and this one is better then the reg flat foundation one I have. I noticed light streaks on my face from the old one and i thought it did a god job blending(guess not). THIS one is just wayyyy better. I dont really notice how long it takes to dry cuz i wash my brushes before i go to bed so there ready for me in the morning =]
I definately recommend this in every girls brush collection
and with xmas coming up...someone is getting a nice suprise on xmas morning =D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by heyLYLAxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

This applies my foundation flawlessly! I can either swirl it on or stiple it on, and frankly, I think I prefer to stiple.

I echo what everyone else said - takes forever to dry. But hey - a small price to pay for an awesome face! And it beats the hell out of applying foundation with my fingers, that's for sure. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I am very impressed with this makeup brush. It applies my foundation great, evens out concealer and gives an overall smooth appearance. I wash it almost every time I use it and haven't seen a single bristle fall out. My favorite part of it is that the handle is so easy to hold! I will have to try more brushes from the SK professional (not white handled) line.