Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 2/2/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Why splurge on expensive foundation brushes if you already have Sonia Kashuk brushes? It works just as well and is a third of the price of the regular 187 and 109 MAC brush. I love how flawless my application of my foundation looks everytime I use this brush! It does take a while to distribute all over, but it doesn't leave any streak marks. I love that it is small enough to fit in the tiny areas (corners of your nose,etc). I've had this brush for a while and washed it over and over again, unlike any other brushes it managed to maintain its shape. And no shedding! Its 14 bucks, what have you got to lose?

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great brush. Bristles are soft and does not shed. I love how my foundation looks when I use this brush. Gives a great coverage. I just put several dots of foundation around my face and blend. For 15 dollars it is a good quality brush. Most def will be a HG product.

on 1/30/2011 1:57:00 AM

Lately, I've been on a rampage. I've been (unnecessarily) splurging soooooo much on makeup brushes. After plowing through MUA, this came up as one of the most popular brushes and I figured, why not give it a go? Given how dense the bristles were, I decided to first try it with a liquid foundation. Following in the footsteps of fellow reviewers, after prepping and priming my skin, I dotted my face with one pumpful of LSC then started buffing and stippling. The end result was a sheer, almost translucent, luminous veil on my face. Now for comparison's sake, I've also used the MAC 190 with the LSC and I've noted that (1) stippling with the SK means you use less wrist action, will feel less like you've run a marathon and more like you've finished your face in record time without breaking a sweat; (2) the bristles are much more softer than the 190 so it feels like you're "sponging" your face with a soft sponge, rather than "painting" your face with a stiff brush; (3) coverage is less than with the 190, so if you're after a more "airbrushed" look, the 190 is the better option but I love the barely-there feel of the SK and will most likely find myself reaching for this baby more.

Edit: This is AMAZING for creme blush. I just tried it with NARS Penny Lane and it works like a dream!

on 1/28/2011 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been wanting this brush for over a year, and finally talked myself into buying it (I've been unemployed a lot, and haven't been making superfluous purchases). I finally did last week, and I'm kind of let down. It's almost too dense. It is really soft, but I find that it absorbs product and bleeds a bit when I wash it. I prefer my similar ELF flat-top brush, which was only $3. I'll be putting this up for swap.

on 1/20/2011 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

so nice to handle, to maneuver. clever design of the handle as well as the hairs. i love smart designs. nice black look too. whoever designed this is the paco underhill of makeup brush designers.

on 1/16/2011 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I use this brush to apply liquid foundation and it works very well. It gives me very even and excellent coverage. The brush itself is also of excellent quality. I have experienced no shedding! Just be sure to clean it well and leave plenty of time to dry.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I absolutely adore this brush! I generally use a blending sponge for my foundations, but I wanted to try a brush in hopes of using less product and getting better coverage. Sonia Kashuk brushes are absolutely incredible. This flat-top is so incredibly soft and dense! I use no more than a pea-sized drop of my Revlon Colorstay and it gives me full coverage for my entire face. It's so much easier to use than the blending sponge (especially around my monroe piercing) and the foundation doesn't sink down into the brushes. I wish I would have purchased this a long time ago. My foundations are going to last so much longer now. This brush is lovely and I almost can't believe that it was at Target for only $15. I'll take Sonia Kashuk bargain buys over MAC splurges any day of the week.

Edit: Applies foundation a little too heavy for the spring/summer, but works amazingly for highlighting my cheekbones and contouring! Definitely multipurpose and earning its 5 lippies every day :)

on 1/16/2011 12:19:00 PM

I purchased this on Friday after my experiment w/ blending mousse foundation w/ Japonesque Travel Stippling Brush was a total fail (see my review).

I am SOOO spoiled by my supersoft brushes already in my possession: EM, Ecotools, Sonia Kashuk. I simply cannot tolerate scratchy brushes on my sensitive skin. I needed a brush to blend my non-powder foundation and since I have had wonderful luck w/ other SK brushes, I decided to try this - even before I read the reviews here.

BACKGROUND: I am a die-hard EM mu fan, but after 2-3 years of this, I felt the need to experiment and w/ my skin being xtra dry this winter - figured what the heck - lets play a bit. After using nothing but mmu for so long, I figured there would be a learning curve going back to a non-powder foundation. Well, there is (as far as concealers and such) but as far as blending w/ a brush (something I would have NEVER have thought of prior to MUA), no learning curve w/ this brush. Its SOFT and just dense enough to blend my mousse foundation to give me great coverage and, dare I say, almost an air-brushed look??!!

Pleased it is easy to get at Target, not super expensive ($14.99).

Another winner by SK!

on 1/15/2011 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Great multitasking brush!

It's a little small, but overall it's a great liquid foundation or cream blush brush for precise blending. It bristles are dense and soft. I love the handle, very ergonomic, but also Victorian and classy. Great bargain for $16.

on 1/11/2011 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased the soft, synthetic flat top brush that is about $15 at Target. Kashuk has a cheaper line but not as soft. This brush is ideal for loose mineral makeup. If you very slowly stroke the powder on, very little will fly away as it does with the kabuki brushes where a swirling motion is recommended. The flat top brush is incredibly soft and if you only use powder makeup, it will not need washing very often.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products