November 23, 2014 | 1965 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I purchased the soft, synthetic flat top brush that is about $15 at Target. Kashuk has a cheaper line but not as soft. This brush is ideal for loose mineral makeup. If you very slowly stroke the powder on, very little will fly away as it does with the kabuki brushes where a swirling motion is recommended. The flat top brush is incredibly soft and if you only use powder makeup, it will not need washing very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by joslook

I bought this after seeing how highly recommended it was on MUA as well as other review sites. I wanted a good stippling brush to blend my foundation/tinted moisturizer for a natural look. This brush is great! It is soft and not one bristle has come out yet. It works wonderfully and enables you to only need to use a small amount of foundation at a time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

Once again, makeupalley did not let me down on this brush! It has become my favorite brush for liquid foundation. The size of the brush head is smaller than I had anticipated, but it applies like a dream! Best $15 ever spent, period! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by orchid78mx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love this brush!! I use this with liquid foundation, it is better than my sigma 180 in a lot of ways but they still both have my unconditional love! this one is smaller so it can reach smaller areas of your face, I usually just dot my liquid foundation all over my face and then I just pat making your brush pat into the skin. This gives a little bit more, fuller coverage. I will probably buy another one so when one is still drying I can have another one!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by NismoBella

this is my second sonia foundation brush...and this one is better then the reg flat foundation one I have. I noticed light streaks on my face from the old one and i thought it did a god job blending(guess not). THIS one is just wayyyy better. I dont really notice how long it takes to dry cuz i wash my brushes before i go to bed so there ready for me in the morning =]
I definately recommend this in every girls brush collection
and with xmas coming up...someone is getting a nice suprise on xmas morning =D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by heyLYLAxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

This applies my foundation flawlessly! I can either swirl it on or stiple it on, and frankly, I think I prefer to stiple.

I echo what everyone else said - takes forever to dry. But hey - a small price to pay for an awesome face! And it beats the hell out of applying foundation with my fingers, that's for sure. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I am very impressed with this makeup brush. It applies my foundation great, evens out concealer and gives an overall smooth appearance. I wash it almost every time I use it and haven't seen a single bristle fall out. My favorite part of it is that the handle is so easy to hold! I will have to try more brushes from the SK professional (not white handled) line.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Skitts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I've been looking for a good flat top to apply my creme foundation.
I was recommended this by quite a few people.
I honestly don't understand why.
Its ridiculously dense, thanks to that it picks up way too much foundation.
It is impossible for me to get all the soap out, and it takes it all night to dry.
I only use it to blend my countour in now.
But its soft and the handle is nice so its not terrible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is perfect for applying non pigmented blushes directly on the cheeks. I wouldn't use it with pigmented blushes because it packs a lot of color. It's not my HG blush brush (I prefer the regular SK one) but it's pretty good and it's a nice choice if you like to apply more color on your cheeks.
EDIT: this brush os also great for applying liquid foundation! Much better than MAC 187 brush IMO, because 187 leaves the stippling marks on my face and the SK flat top doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This as an amazing little brush. I'd been eyeing it up at my local target for awhile, and I finally took advantage of my $1.00 sonia kashuk coupon and pick this up. I tried it today, and it's wonderful for applying cream blush. Much more sanitary than with the fingers like I had been applying. This was $14.99 and I got it with a dollar off. Great quality brush