Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 5/22/2012 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought these a year ago (three of 'em) and they are still going strong. I would love to buy them again but really, they hold up so well to daily showers. And the bubbles you can get with these! Seriously, one pump and you're in bubbleland. But I think the best thing about these is how smooth and silky my skin feels afterwards. I don't have to buy a separate body scrub, which is money saved.

Totally love. Totally HG.

on 5/10/2012 7:07:00 PM

I bought this after reading all the rave reviews, and was not disappointed. The hype is well justified.

In retrospect, I shudder to think that my back was never really clean before I started using this towel.

And my elbows are so baby soft now that they don't ever need moisturizer anymore. Simply incredible, and for the price there's no good reason not to get it.

on 5/6/2012 6:14:00 PM

Love, love, love. I have always exfoliated like crazy. It has kept this 63 year old skin smooth and soft. When I found this, I doubted it could be better than the other items I have used but I was WRONG! This does the best job of exfoliating ever. I have given one to several friends and family members and they all tell me how much they appreciated the gift.

For those with delicate skin, I would say, "Stay away." This is not for you. I would also not recommend for any sensitive areas or the face.

The size of this is great for reaching your back and giving it the kind of scrub you can get with few other tools.

I have only had this for about 6 months but I have no doubt that it will last for a long, long time. Should it ever need to be replaced, rest assured that I will order one as quickly as possible.

on 5/6/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Can't add anything new to all the raves, just co-signing. Love it, can't live without it, hope won't ever have to. Have used it for years, always gotten it in blue, light blue, or turquoise (mostly from amazon), texture of all the blue shades is perfect for me, haven't tried other colors, don't know if there would be a difference, I just get blue ones because they match everything else in my bathroom.

on 5/5/2012 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love my Salux cloth! It is very abrasive especially when you first begin to use it. I do not use this cloth on my face or the juicy bit -- it's too harsh for that tender skin! But for legs, arms, and back, it's divine. This has really helped the smoothness and overall look of my skin, and I think it's fun to use on your back since you can slide it back and forth! To clean you can toss it in the washer and then just hang it up to dry. It lasts a long time, I've had mine for years.

on 5/5/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

The best exfoliating cloth out there. Even beats my beloved Body Shop exfoliating gloves for exfoliating power. I was initially shocked by how abrasive this was when I first used it (although I'm used to it now), but I suppose it's the abrasiveness which makes it so good at exfoliating. I use it all over, even on my face (although I'm very careful to rub very softly) and it has helped with the KP on my arms although it has not eliminated it completely. The long cloth is useful for cleaning hard to reach places such as the back. My only complaint about this is that it doesn't come in a glove version. I find the cloth quite difficult to use everywhere except on my back because the cloth doesn't allow for a great deal of grip and manoeuvrability. For this reason, I find that I don't use it as much as I'd like and tend to use the less effective Body Shop gloves which - although not as good at exfoliating - are at least more convenient and easier to use. Despite this, I think I'll always have the Salux on hand.

I have been using Salux cloths for almost 30 years...ever since I lived in Japan, a place where the women have the most beautiful skin. I use the cloth on my body and on my face, daily...my doctor commented the other day that my skin is much "younger" looking than my age (68) would indicate.

I can highly recommend this product..not only does it do a great job of exfoliating but it is much more hygienic than regular terry cloth.

The Slaux cloths last forever...they DO get softer with age and for those who find them too harsh to use on the face when they are new, the older, softer ones are great for that. I've given these cloths to all my friends. People comment on my complexion a lot and I always give credit to good genes first but to my Salux cloth next!

on 4/22/2012 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I guess I'm one of the few people who dislikes this. I find it too harsh and unpleasant - both during use and afterwards, when my skin tingles and not in a good way.

on 4/22/2012 10:16:00 AM

First time I used it, it felt like running cut glass over my skin, but good in a weird way. I love how my after shower cream goes on. Now I don't want to take a shower without it. I went on vacation for a week and forgot it at home. Showers were just not the same.

For you Ontario girls you can get them at your nearest TSN store (Asian grocery store). I went back and bought more and gave them out to friends.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this after seeing all these rave reviews. Unfortunately, I live in a remote isolated community outside of the US so it was annoying to track down, had to order one on ebay and it took over a month to arrive.
Back to the point, this is great. It's durable and effective. I use it every few days and every time I plan to tan or fake bake, it gives me more even and longer lasting results.
I tried it on my after reading a review from a member who said she loved it on her face. OUCH and gross, not only did it hurt, even with very gentle pressure, it also made my skin flare up with both irritation and impurities. No fun.
This is a great product, I love it.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools