November 26, 2014 | 1504 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by siyang2

This is my everyday foundation/powder that I use. It's low to medium coverage but I find that I don't like having full coverage on my face all the time so I like how light it is. I don't wear any foundation underneath unless it's a special occasion. It's enough to even out the complexion but needs concealer for undereye and pimples etc. Although I do find it still a bit expensive and it doesn't keep my face matte (this is why minus 1 lippy). I apply with a dense powder brush (not a kabuki) so it doesn't cake. I will probably purchase it again if I don't find anything similar in drug stores.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really don't understand the hype about this product. As a foundation, it doesn't cover ANYTHING. As a setting powder, it doesn't make my foundation stays longer, I guess I have better luck with loose powders in terms of staying power and keeping my face matte - I do have very oily skin. I mean, this literally only stays 30 minutes tops in airconditioned room!What's more irritating, everytime I use this powder, one or two cystic acne will surface. Sigh...overall, this product does not worth its high price tag and will not rebuy definitely

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Maria209

I'm so loving this product. I exchange my SFP to MSFN "Medium Plus" to set my SFF SPF 15. It gives me a flawless look.
I used to set SFP after my liquid foundation, It made it cakey.

The MUA recommended this as a setting powder or for touch-up, or use it as a light coverage foundation by using Fix+

FYI: I use Mac #187 or #130 to apply this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing product, just purchased a week ago. I use this over my studio fix and it gives a nice glowy finish. Its natural, no powdery or cakey look like other powders give me. I love this, for the price its well worth it. I will purchase again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by carolinee08

HG Status- No Joke. Those four words is all it takes for you to know I am in absolute love with this product. Its a great color match and blends very beautifully in my skin. It looks so natural and light, with decent coverage for a powder foundation although I have prettty good skin to begin with, it just helps neutralize and hide all my acne scars and misperfections. I find it keeps my face from being very shiny while the day progresses, and if anything it gives me a nice dewy glow. Once applied it doesnt make my face look completley matte but if anything it just gives it a very luminous glow which I love. Its pretty expensive for a powder though, but I feel like its worth the splurge. Definitley would repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by livetodance37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great powder to set your makeup, since you can't even feel you have it on! But I couldn't wear it alone since it has extremely light coverage and would make my dry skin look flaky. This is the best powder to set your makeup and it's good for acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by DesertR0se

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this for light, lazy coverage. When I have dry skin (which is the default right now) my skin can still handle it! I normally can't use powders, even when they're mineralized, because it just tends to bring out more dryness in my skin especially on my forehead. But I don't have to worry about that with this! I just use a large fluffy powder brush (Sigma SS150) and I'm done in seconds! I wouldn't recommend this for those who want heavy coverage--this is the lightest powder I've ever had. It feels like I've got nothing on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

So far I'm really not impressed with the msf naturals. I have it in several colors and it just doesn't seem to "do it" for me. It does seem to give me a nice even complexion but it does not give me the coverage I like. I do not use liquid foundation and therefore I do not use this to set my foundation. I've been using it strictly as a foundation. Maybe I'm not seeing it's full potential because I am not using it correctly. I actually have several of these so I won't need to repurchase for awhile but I probably will when I use them all. I just need to find a good technique and purpose.

Update: I LOVE this powder now. After my skin finally cleared up I fell more in love with this product. I still use it as a "foundation" and it makes me skin look A-mazing. I have gone thru 3 and am on my 4th with 2 backups arriving any day from Mac. I will never use anything else. My skin looks flawless when I use this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this..I own this in medium plus, been using it over a year to set my liquid foundations. In the summer time I feel like this can be too light for my skin tone(NC40). Mac does need a better color selection since medium plus seems a little light and medium dark would be too dark. Some days when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup I just apply a little bit of concealer on problem areas and this pressed powder all over my face and it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by curlylashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product! Really love it and no regrets of buying it even with the hefty price tag for a pressed powder. I usually use this on it's own because it could get too heavy when you use this on top of liquid foundation.
I've been using it for 2 months now and have no episodes of break out.
What I love about MAC's MSF Natural is that it gives perfect coverage and even out my skintone. Although I do think that medium plus is a bit too light for my skintone (I'm NC 35-37), but I had to stick with this because the darker color MAC has is medium dark (which is way too dark for me). So if MAC comes up with a color between medium plus and medium dark, I'd give this product 5 lippies.