September 20, 2014 | 1783 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

Yes, this stuff can make you break out if you use too much of it. I've found it helps to apply with a small, fine brush and blot afterwards to get rid of any excess. This stuff does work. I had lash extentions put on about a month ago. I couldn't stand them so tried soaking them off with olive oil but still, sadly, lost some lashes. Within a few days of using this, I can already see my lashes are longer and there are some newer curly ones coming in just above my lash line. It works for brows too. Definitely makes them appear darker and a little thicker. I will try to stick to this regimen and update within a few months.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by sbowlchica

I originally purchased this to help with my hair growth (I lost a LOT of hair after going on accutane...) but it just wouldn't wash out of my head hair and did nothing for my brows and lashes after about a month (and I was sick of waking up with sticky eyelids!)
However, I decided to try the OCM, and castor oil worked beautifully! My skin is a lot less oily, red, and blotchy! It's dried me up a lot, which is probably not a good thing since it's winter, so I'm temporarily switching to argan oil, but in the summer I'll come back to this. The only downside is the blackheads... I have many more blackheads, and I'm not sure if all of the sugar I've been eating has been breaking me out or this is...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by lusciouslyna89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been consistently using the Castor oil regimen, every night for almost a year...it hasn't been easy and there were times when i got discouraged, but comparing to how my eyebrows looked when i 1st started to how they are now, i definately dont mind continuing.
I was not blessed with full eyebrows, they were always light(as in few hairs) & parched, so i would draw them on w/pencil, which would make me feel insecure bc they did not look natural & I could never do fun outdoor activities (like swimming) for fear that my eyebrows would melt off. I've almost resorted to getting them tattooed w/ feathered technique, but before i did i searched for alternatives and i came across this marvelous oil.
Now my eyebrows are fuller, thicker, still a few spots that need some work, but for the most part im loving it, i dont need to fill in my brows as much, so i look more natural!
I also used this on my eyelashes & its made them longer, but i care more about the eyebrows. and also use it as an ingridient for my OCM method.
Be warned this will cause clogged pores around skin of eyebrows, I wipe excess of w/ a Qtip.
I will keep you updated in a few more months (:

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard allot of good things about how castor oil could help with hair growth on the head, brows and lashes. They'd been many positive reviews from various sites and I just had to give this magic oil a try.
I originally bought it to use on my head to assist me with growing out my short haircut. I have been using it every other night for about a month and I honestly can't say that it has made my hair grow any faster than usual but it has been an amazing treatment to keep my hair and scalp soft and healthy. My hair has been in really good condition since starting this treatment that I will continue to use it and if I do get a growth spurt from it, it'll be a added bonus.

Castor oil is really thick and isn't so pleasant to use on it's own because it feels a bit sticky so I dilute it with a 50/50 mixture of either almond oil, avocado oil, coconut oil or olive oil. Sometimes I add in a few drops of either rosemary oil or tee tree oil. I normally warm this mixture in the microwave for a few seconds before massaging into my scalp for a few minutes. I then comb onto the lengths of my hair, wrap my hair in a scarf and sleep on it. Next morning I shampoo it out like I would normally shampoo my hair with my redken all soft shampoo and conditioner. It washes out pretty easy and doesn't leave any residues on my hair although some users with thinner hair find a clarifying shampoo to be useful to prevent limp, heavy hair.
My hair is growing in really healthy, strong, and soft. And my lengths and ends are also in very good condition.

I have also tried it undiluted on my brows and lashes. I must say that I have pretty long lashes and a good set of brows so I didn't find it so necessary to use as often on these areas, though I still gave it shot to test and see if what people were saying about this was true.

On my brows, I couldn't note any difference. Remember though that I have thick brows and perhaps If I had thin brows to begin with I might have of noticed some difference.

And on my lashes...

I can't say that castor makes my lashes grow longer than what they're genetically programmed to grow but I can definitely see some new growth coming in. There are loads of new hairs popping in all over the place but they are strange because they haven't grown to full length 'yet' or 'maybe never will' I have to wait and see. I don't like them at the moment because they dont blend in with my longer lashes even when I put on mascara, they're just kind of poking out doing their own thing down there.

I dont think I will continue to use on my eye area as the oil seeps into my eyes and I like to read before going to sleep but castor oils makes my eyes go a bit blurry making reading difficult. Next morning it's clears up but I don't know if there could be any adverse affects from getting into my eyes so I'd rather stay safe than anything else.

Tip: Buy the straight up liquid type of oil sold in pharmacies. The waxy oil that is sold in beauty supply stores has the texture of vaseline and is usually mixed with some other ingredients that could clog your pores may cause you to break out.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by BellaDama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I've been reading reviews on the castor oil which were all very good. And I have been dying my hair alot lately which makes it so unhealthy and dry, My eyelashes became thin lighter and weak after using some heavy mascarra. I bought a bottle of natural castor oil but Im not sure if its the right one. But I have been using it on my hair eyelashes and eyebrow and I cant wait to see if there's going to be any results. Also ladies the castor oil is very healthy for the skin aswell and nails :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Update: I stopped using it since a few months, but my eyelashes stayed the same as they were as when I was using the oil! However, I was so tired of going to bed with oil on my eyes and waking up with a weird film on them.

I've been looking for a good lash-growth aid for a while and when I saw the glorious reviews of castor oil as a lash treatment, I also jumped on the bandwagon. I went looking in health food stores and sure enough, I was able to buy a 100mL bottle of organic cold-pressed castor oil for aproximately 10$ US. That'll probably last me for two years! :) I've been using this for more than a month and I can definitely see a difference!

Clearly, it won't be as dramatic as Lumigan's drug, but it also is conditionning to my eye area, as well as being 100% natural. I have gray eyes and I will not risk darkening my eye color just for temporarily longer lashes.

I have tiny tiny lashes that are straight and if I don't curl them, I easily look tired. Since using castor oil, I find my lashes to be stronger, to hold their curl better (WP mascara helps a lot), as well as being longer and fuller. I always had tiny invisible lower lashes but now they are actually visible without mascara on them! I wear contact lenses daily and before, when I put in my lenses, my lashes never touch the lenses. However when I tried to put in lenses lately, I absolutely had to curl my lashes first if I don't want my lashes to touch the lenses! I know that it doesn't sound like a lot but it truely makes a difference for me.

The packaging of the oil was a bit messy, it's just like the Desert Essence Jojoba oil. However castor oil is much thicker than jojoba, so it it a breeze for me to transfer the oil into a smaller bottle for everyday use. I keep the big bottle in the fridge.

The reason why I didn't give this a 5, is 1) because of its odor, which isn't the most palatable. I wish it was unscented but it only bothers me when I put the bottle under my nose or when I use the oil at night. the 2nd reason is because I haven't used it long enough (3 months for my lashes to completely regenerate) to see the results. I will update when the time comes. (It's even written on my iPhone's calender! lol)

I love this oil and even if it is messy, I know it works so I will keep on using it. I've stopped searching for a lash treatment. I've given little bottles of this to my mother and friend and told them to use the oil on their lashes too. Overall I totally recommend this!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Hachiko8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased a small bottle of castor oil in the drugstore and decided to try it on my lashes and brows since I've read a lot of good reviews on the internet. I tried to apply it using a Q-tip at first but the oil is so thick and I can't help but put on too much of it on the Q tip. Some oil got into my eyes and it's really uncomfortable having sticky eyes that my lashes stick to each other when I blink. So I stopped for a while. Then I read another way to put this on without the product getting inside my eyes. I cleaned an old clear mascara container and make sure that no mascara is left inside. Then I transferred some castor oil in the container and applied it like I would with any mascara. Then i also put some over my brows..The result was pretty impressive..I've noticed that my brows are growing longer and my lower lashes became noticeable. The only downside is I got pimples on my forehead and between my brows. So, maybe I'll just apply it on my upper and lower lashes..

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by dross12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

help! ive been using this on my eyelashes, and have had remarkable results in just a couple of weeks, but the eyelashes on my right eye are growing about 5x faster that the eyelashes on my left eye! im trying to remedy this by just concentrating on my left eye for a week but its insane, my right eyelashes grow so fast i can notice the difference the next morning, and my left ones need a couple of days before i see any change - has anyone else had this, or know why eyelashes could respond differently or be of different lengths??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought my organic castor oil on iherb.com --- get $10 off of your first purchase using code YEW608!

WOW. I am a believer. I initially bought castor oil for oil-cleansing and I stumbled onto the reviews here. When I read the rave reviews on how it makes eyelashes grow, I scoffed and was skeptical. However, I've been using castor oil on my lashline every night before bed for almost 2 weeks and there is already dramatic results. You can definitely see the improvement when you apply mascara; I think my lashes grew about 3mm, which is a huge difference for eyelashes like mine. I have Asian monolids that seem to eat up my lashes and my eyelashes were almost nonexistent, so I am certainly really really excited to have found this particular benefit of castor oil. It makes eyelashes grow in places where there weren't before, and my lower lashes have lengthened and thickened. I will continue my use and update if there is more dramatic result.
----------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT (10/22/2011):: My lashes are continuing to grow and multiply. My sister who always made fun of my short lashes suddenly looked at me yesterday and said "your lashes look longer" and asked if I had changed my mascara! I am shocked that castor oil has not been proved scientifically for lash growth.. it's truly like Rogaine for lashes!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT (11/19/2011):: Still continuing to improve my lashes. I think my right lashes are growing faster than my left ones, so I am now just applying it every night on my left lashes. And get this ladies: I can curl my bottom lashes. wait, LOWER lashes?? YES! I flip my lash curler upside down and pinch on my lower lashes to curl them downwards, which gives a very dolly effect when you apply mascara. Like I mentioned above, I have (or used to have) very sparse, thin, short Asian eyelashes.. And having lower lashes long enough to curl them downwards is a miracle to me. Castor oil has also made me grow new lashes, and so I don't have to look for a volumizing mascara, because when I wear a volumizing mascara now, it looks like too many lashes... in a very good way. But personally, I like the look of clean, long lashes so I just wear a light coat of lengthening mascara. I've been getting lots of compliments on my lashes, which I never thought would happen. *cries with joy*

40 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by shepmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using cold pressed all natural castor oil on my eyebrows. I had been having my eyebrows waxed and the salon overdid my brows. My normally nice full brows lost thier tailend. I have been using castor oil on my face for about a month and noticed my eyebrows are fuller and the tail end has come back. I gave up on it growing in full but now I have it back. I will not wax my brows again because those girls overdo it. If I tell them to just clean up the line they always overdo. Use castor oil and avoid high priced lines that make promises they cannot deliver. Also it is a little greasy but rub a tiny bit in. It will soak in before bedtime.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No