September 3, 2014 | 1059 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

This is the best anti-crease eye shadow product that i have ever used! It applies very smoothly, does not cause any irritation, dries within minutes, and make-up application goes on flawlessly. Most other primers I have used clump up when i put on eye shadow, and mid day my eye shadow is running off my face. This is a great quality product that can be used daily and will make a difference in the way your makeup looks!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a mediocre eye primer, at least for me. It has slightly thinner consistency compared to UDPP, the cream comes in a tube and is skin-colored cream that blends into transparent nothingness on my lids. I have extremely oily lids and this doesnt do much for me. This does enhance the color of the eyeshadows applied on top, but creases after 4-5 hours doesnt stop my lids from oiling up unlike UDPP. My eyeshadows have disintegrated after the 4th hour even when wearing this. Expensive and doesnt work at least on me.... This may work for someone who has non-oily lids. If like me you have crazy oily lids check out UDPP, my HG eye primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ahuidor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is probably one of my top two primers . I love it !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS!! Best Primer ever! It keeps shadow on, isn't heavy, doesn't cake, doesn't alter the shade of the shadow, even great to use under the lower lashline for extra insurance for liner and shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddiction93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Can't live without this primer! A full sized tube lasts me months! I use only a tiny bit under my eye shadow every day and it lasts ALL DAY in fact it looks exactly the same when I take my makeup off at night as it does when I put it on in the morning. It is honestly the only thing I have found that keeps the eye shadow on my oily lids and I will repurchase again and again :D the only slightly annoying thing I found is that the tip of the tube tends to crack around the bottom but this isn't a big problem for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by martinagarcia

I love this product! it is an excellent primer. My eyes are quite greasy and normally the eyeshadows last on me 2 or 3 hous, but when I use this primer my eyes are perfect. The eyeshadow lasts all the long and when I arrive home after a working day the eyes still look great!
I don't find it expensive as the tube lasts quite long as you just have to use a little amount of primer for every eye.
The only thing I don't like is the quality of the tube. After a few months the bottom of the tube broke. I think it happened while I was travelling on a plane, but it shouldn't be an excuse for breaking..
I will definetely will buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this eyeshadow primer. It is the first one I had ever used, and I chose it over urban decay's primer potion simply because I knew that I would be able to get the last bits of the primer out of the tube more easily than the hard plastic of the primer potion. My friend swears by the Primer Potion, and having tried it, I really see no big difference between the two besides the packaging.
Using Shadow Insurance makes my makeup last hours longer than it usually would, and completely eliminates any creasing I normally get within 2-3 hours of wearing my makeup. I have very very oily lids, so I cannot get away without using anything. Sometimes I like to wear just the primer because my eyelids get shiny throughout the day, and wearing the primer mattifys them.
I've been using the Shadow Insurance now for two or three years, and the only annoyance I've had with it is that I recently discovered if you have a tube for a long time (one tube lasts me about a year), the product starts to separate and you have to shake it to get it to mix or you'll get an oil-y substance coming out of the tube first (kind of like ketchup water before the ketchup comes out).
I would recommend this product to anyone who wears eye makeup at all, it absolutely is a staple. UD Primer Potion is also excellent, but I would always Shadow Insurance over it simply because it is easier to get all of the product out of the container. S.I is more economical than P.P for that reason alone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's so weird. I bought this when I found it cheaper than my usual UDPP. The first couple days I used it, I used Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy over-top because I was using super-glittery pigments. It seemed to perform about the same as my UDPP usually does (no creasing, good blendability. etc, etc.)

The next time I went to use it, I used it on it's own and did a daytime smokey eye with a couple UD shadows. I got crazy creasing after about 3 hours. Thinking it might be the shadows, which were new and I'd never used those specific colours before (sometimes softer shadows cause me trouble), I tried again today with shadows I've used before with UDPP and had absolutely no problems with. Again, creasing within a few hours. I don't have excessively oily lids, but they're not what you would call dry either.

It works and lasts fine if I use it to prime, then use a base (either Pixie Epoxy or a NYX jumbo pencil) over it, and follow by shadow, but just using it on its own with shadow over-top doesn't seem to work for me. I'll keep it to use when I plan on using a base as well, but I probably wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Jmesa1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nars is by far so much better this stuff was stuck in all my wrinkles creases whatever you call it . Makeup didn't stick long either

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This product isn't the greatest. Some days it will keep my shadows creaseless for around six hours, then other days it'll crease within the hour. It's so inconsistent. I like the way it applies and dries quickly, although I have to make sure to blend it well around the edges or it can look weird. For a high-end product like this I would expect more.