August 1, 2014 | 1775 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this eyeshadow primer. It is the first one I had ever used, and I chose it over urban decay's primer potion simply because I knew that I would be able to get the last bits of the primer out of the tube more easily than the hard plastic of the primer potion. My friend swears by the Primer Potion, and having tried it, I really see no big difference between the two besides the packaging.
Using Shadow Insurance makes my makeup last hours longer than it usually would, and completely eliminates any creasing I normally get within 2-3 hours of wearing my makeup. I have very very oily lids, so I cannot get away without using anything. Sometimes I like to wear just the primer because my eyelids get shiny throughout the day, and wearing the primer mattifys them.
I've been using the Shadow Insurance now for two or three years, and the only annoyance I've had with it is that I recently discovered if you have a tube for a long time (one tube lasts me about a year), the product starts to separate and you have to shake it to get it to mix or you'll get an oil-y substance coming out of the tube first (kind of like ketchup water before the ketchup comes out).
I would recommend this product to anyone who wears eye makeup at all, it absolutely is a staple. UD Primer Potion is also excellent, but I would always Shadow Insurance over it simply because it is easier to get all of the product out of the container. S.I is more economical than P.P for that reason alone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's so weird. I bought this when I found it cheaper than my usual UDPP. The first couple days I used it, I used Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy over-top because I was using super-glittery pigments. It seemed to perform about the same as my UDPP usually does (no creasing, good blendability. etc, etc.)

The next time I went to use it, I used it on it's own and did a daytime smokey eye with a couple UD shadows. I got crazy creasing after about 3 hours. Thinking it might be the shadows, which were new and I'd never used those specific colours before (sometimes softer shadows cause me trouble), I tried again today with shadows I've used before with UDPP and had absolutely no problems with. Again, creasing within a few hours. I don't have excessively oily lids, but they're not what you would call dry either.

It works and lasts fine if I use it to prime, then use a base (either Pixie Epoxy or a NYX jumbo pencil) over it, and follow by shadow, but just using it on its own with shadow over-top doesn't seem to work for me. I'll keep it to use when I plan on using a base as well, but I probably wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Jmesa1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nars is by far so much better this stuff was stuck in all my wrinkles creases whatever you call it . Makeup didn't stick long either

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This product isn't the greatest. Some days it will keep my shadows creaseless for around six hours, then other days it'll crease within the hour. It's so inconsistent. I like the way it applies and dries quickly, although I have to make sure to blend it well around the edges or it can look weird. For a high-end product like this I would expect more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Shadow Insurance is an okay product, but I don't find that it is worth the hype that it gets. It's certainly not worth the price. I have a huge tube of this stuff that I'm sure will last at least 1-2 years, but I would not repurchase it. I do find that I do get creasing some days with this product and it makes my lids look like lizard's skin. I'm off to try the one by Nars next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This primer definitely rivals my Urban Decay Primer Potion. When i wear it my shadows look bright, stay all day, and never crease. What more could you want?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Works very well to keep shadow in place all day, but you have to be aware that if this product sits unused for a little while, it will separate in the tube, so make sure to shake it very well every time before use. I think this works a tiny bit better than the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but only marginally; they're basically the same and work as well as each other in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by missbrightside08

This stuff actually does keep most of my eyeshadow on the eye for most of the day. I have oily skin and eyelids. At the end of the day I still do have some creased eyeshadow that has migrated on the eyelid and a strip of non-eyeshadow skin where the crease in my eye is. But it is not very noticeable. This is still a pretty good product as it does MOST of its job well. Good packaging and gives you a LOT of product for the price. Way better than UDPP!

EDIT: Actually after 1.5 months of using it, it doesn't work that well. Usually at the end of the day i have a thick crease of eyeshadow color on the fold of my eye, so it actually doesn't work. Its not really a problem though because you can't see it when my eyes are open.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I have extremely oily lids, and I can guarantee with absolute certainty that any eyeshadow I apply will crease and fade throughout the day, irregardless or brand or finish. Eye primer for me, is an absolute necessity. I have just repurchased my second tube of Shadow Insurance... can you believe my first tube lasted almost TWO YEARS?!

Simply put, itís a spectacular product. It does exactly what itís supposed to do, and I really canít live without it!
For a shimmer eyeshadow addict, Shadow Insurance acts like an anchor for my most glitteriest shades, and keeps them in place until itís time to take my make up off, but also throughout the day ensures my eyeshadow doesnít lose itís lustre.
I use this with my MAC, Urban Decay, Too Faced & LíOreal shadows and the result is always the same, no creasing, no matter the brand, they just last and last and last!

All I need is a tiny bead sized amount for each eye, which I apply with a synthetic concealer brush and then blend with my fingers. It feels Ďtackyí on my eyelids as soon as itís applied, probably due to the silicone, so I leave it for 30 seconds before applying and blending my eyeshadow as normal. Itís supposed to be Ďflesh colouredí, but once blended on the eyelid, is virtually invisible.
I am also hugely impressed with the packaging. Itís just a simple squeeze tube but that to me equals a more hygienic product, and it makes it easy to get all of the product out without wasting it.I can see this lasting for at least a good few months, but once it finishes, I will definitely repurchase! I love any long-wearing make up productÖ my foundation lasts all day, and thanks to Shadow Insurance, my eye shadow definitely does too! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by DanceyPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ah the eternal war between this an UD. Honestly, i've had both and this wins HANDS DOWN. I can put my eyeshadow on, go off to college, some home in the evening and my eye make up will l look as if i just put it on. My only gripe is the price- at 24 euro, it's not as affordable as UD, the only place where it conceeds to Primer Potion.