February 28, 2015 | 1765 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by strokegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this product, so much so I bought three. The colors are beautiful in that they are more of a sheer tinted gloss which is very appealing to me (don't see my lips coming a mile away). The slanted applicator is great and very easy to use. There is no smell to this product and there is no burning sensation. Although I can not honestly say that it lasts six hours, it DOES last longer than most glosses without leaving a ring around the outside of the lips as it fades. Very pleased with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by MAS520

I'm always hesitant at buying long lasting lip sticks or glosses. They totally dry out your lips and leave you with flakies. Although my lips didn't dry out, this gloss is still a total waste of money. It did NOT last even close to 6 hours! I put it on and figured I should probably avoid smacking my lips... after about an hour and a half I drank out of a straw and game over. It has a thick, sticky consistency, my hair kept sticking... I really hate that! The colors are pretty and look better on me if they're topped over lipstick. I'll probably give the two I bought away and never repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by geekgrl

This was the most disgusting thing in the world. It balls up all around the inside line of my lips. I tried this twice at two different times hoping that I had just gotten a bad tube the first time or something. The same thing happened with the second tube. Both tubes were tossed in the trash after one use each. By the way, had the same effect with the infallible lipstick as well. No thanks.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by vickio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Was excited to BOGO and my excitement waned as soon as I had the chance to try them both. Being a redhead that wears earth colors as well as pinky colors I bought 1 of each type. I actually liked the applicator and the gloss felt fine however the actual colors on my lips were not near as pretty and much more pale than in the tube. The longer I had it on, the lighter my lips looked. Plan to return them and try something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by kristenck89

I just got this in "Sunset" and I think It's really good. After eating lunch, going out in the yard to do work in the hot sun, and drinking a can of soda it still looked great when neighbors came over to say hi. It is a bit of a weird consistency, rather thick, but it didn't get all cracked and it's not super-sticky either. I much prefer it to regular lip gloss which comes off in an hour and probably couldn't survive any of those activities. Yeah, it's kind of expensive for a drug store lipgloss ($10) but I think it's worth it. The color is gorgeous, kind of a natural peachy color good for a fresh look (I was going for low maintenance and quick look today, just a little mascara, blush and gloss). I think I might be getting some other colors in this despite the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by ToxicMegacolon

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this lipgloss due to seeing swatches, and they looked beautiful on. So I bought the Nude and Undeniably Mauve. The application is beautiful, and the texture is great, not too sticky, not to thick, and the pigment is awesome. Very nicely pigmented and pretty

However.......

wait about 20mins, and if you have a tendency to smack you lips together, well...you are left with a thick, dry, cracked mess. It stays true to color, and will bond itself to your lips. BUT, the gloss is basically gone and the remnants are this thick, plaster-like, dry pigment. It will flake and make you lips look chapped and cracking.

If you apply it and never touch it (aka don't smear your lips together, don't lick them, don't kiss anything, don't eat anything) it looks fantastic. But im human, and although the color is beautiful...I won't be buying again.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I got this in shade "Raisin", which isn't as dark as the name would imply; on me, it's an everyday berry shade. But the color isn't really want my review is about. My comments are primarily about the gloss itself, since it bills itself as "Infallible" 6-hr wear. For that, I do have to say that while this may or may not last 6 hrs on the lips, it does do a phenomenal job of lasting with respect to both gloss and color. However, the staying power isn't exactly trouble-free, which is my I rate this a "3" and wouldn't repurchase again unless it was on BOGO. Firstly, I completely understand the complaints from previous reviewers on the flakiness of it. I've found that for best results, I have to apply this to clean, dry, exfoliated lips, or a flaky mess *will* certainly ensue. Even under those conditions, the stuff on the inside of the mouth (unless you are careful to make sure this is removed) will pile together, and possible get on the teeth. Finally, it just doesn't feel that good on the lips. I also feel that it is somewhat drying to the lips. Nevertheless, if you do want to just apply once and forget it for a few hours, this stuff actually comes close to the 6 hour claim, surviving even light drinking and eating. So, although I am rather impressed by this aspect, the feel and wear of this stuff, plus the fact that you need to be super careful when applying in order to avoid the pilling aspect of it, I probably won't buy it again, especially since it is pretty pricey for a drugstore gloss. (I paid about $9 at Target). I'd rather have the feeling of a more "normal" gloss and just re-apply when I need to. If staying power is the most important aspect, then I'd say by all means try this because if applied correctly, and you don't mind how it feels, it does really stay glossy and full of color for a long time. Otherwise, I'd probably recommend that most people pass because it's not exactly a no-brainer product to use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by wetbandit42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shame on me for falling for this. I was at Target and kept telling myself, you don't need another lipgloss, but since I am the queen of impulse buys, in the basket it went. Well, I really wish I had saved myself the $9 bucks. This feels nothing like a lipgloss should. It's thin and watery and makes my lips feel absolutely disgusting and dry. I got it in Rebel Red, and it's a bit weird... more pinkish red than a true red. I also hate the applicator - it picks up the gloss really unevenly. I would never buy this again. I am going to use mine as a stain rather than a gloss.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2008 10:53:00 AM More reviews by marciabrdy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in truffle. Great sheer color. Love the tube and the fact that it doesnt leak out. But....the sticky feeling stays and feels tighter after it sets. The gloss I could feel on my teeth and that was the end of it for me. While its not color that is deposited on my teeth, the gloss definitely is. Hard to find the perfect sheer gloss with staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by killerjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have it in Rebel Red. I apply a bit and smudge it to get a really nice sheer tint like I've been chewing on my lips all day or have eaten really spicy food and had all the blood rush to the surface.

And it stays pretty well like this.

It's also a decent gloss for when I'm feeling spicy or if it's naked laundry day.