September 19, 2014 | 1832 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by blueberrylove

This quickly became my HG moisturizer when I started with it six months ago and still is. My skin is super finicky -- oily, but with dry patches and very, very prone to acne. I have tried so many high quality and expensive moisturizers and this leaves them all in the dust. I love that it is so naturally moisturizing.

Upon application, it is tacky for a few moments (it's an oil, after all), but soaks in nicely in just a few moments. My tinted moisturizer and foundation looks great on top of this.

The packaging is adorable and sanitary. Love the glass bottle and glass dropper.

I hope they never stop making this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by elle81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately did nothing for my dry skin plus broke me out : /

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried other argan oil products. I've learned to always check where Argan oil is listed in a product that I'm purchasing, whether it's listed as organic or pure, also. Josie Maran Argan Oil is 100% pure organic argan oil, is cruelty-free and comes from fair trade, helping women in other countries. That's important to me. The product comes in a brown bottle so it's protected somewhat by a darker color. It's not that dark where you can't see how much is in the bottle though. The oil isn't thick at all, and you have to be somewhat careful when you use the dropper or you waste oil. A few drops do go a long way. I've used various oils and I've used hers separately, also. Using it on its own, it's nice for moisturizing not only your skin, but your hair, too. It's lighter in consistency than you would imagine. But I've also mixed it with a combination of Vitamin E, primrose oil and sweet almond oil, then applied it very sparingly at night. I mix equal amounts of these into those little containers that you get samples from at cosmetic stores. I much prefer it as a night-time treatment and would definitely repurchase Josie Maran Argan Oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by xErikax890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really liked this oil it made my skin so soft and made it glow which almost no product has done for me! My skin is dull most of the time because it's dry i was skeptical about this i thought it would make my skin break out and make it really oily but it didn't i highly recommend this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by anniegirl216

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Boy this miracle oil is the best!! I use Cetaphil with drops of argan oil and my face just drinks in the organic wonder oil. I mean my skin is so moisturizered, smooth, and glowing. I just love this oil. I use it on my face, hands, lips, feet, & hair. I swear by this oil. I love all Josie's products, they're so pure and good for you they become addicting.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this as part of a package - using it as a substitute for the jojoba oil I usually mix with moisturizer during the winter. This is much runnier, doesn't seem as smooth, and I saw no difference in my skin to justify the high price for this small bottle. Going back to the jojoba oil as it's a better value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have bought the small size of this several times. It lasts awhile and I don't resent spending the money. I enjoy using it more than gunky health food store bottles that are less expensive but have stronger fragrances. (I could be deluded about the difference.) I'm amazed by the way this moisturizes without any pore clogging issues. I love it, although I'm not as happy with some of the scented products in the line. Rose Geranium just isn't a personal favorite of mine -- and how did she manage to come up with a mineral sunscreen that smells like chemical sunscreen?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice oil, although I think it would be just as nice from any other brand, brands that are much cheaper but selling the same item.
I like to use this in the summer on my hair after I take a shower, as a styling product. It is a lot like Kerastase Elixir Ultime in that it calms down frizz, makes hair really soft and gives hair some body.
I have also used this on my face and I am of mixed results. It is really moisturizing but I stopped using it a while back because I thought it was giving me a little bit of acne. I've started to use it again on my face to see if it really causes my acne or if it's something else.

Overall this is a really nice product, but something that you could get for much cheaper.

EDIT: this done not cause acne at all. This is great, and I will never go without it again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a small size of this at Sephora for $14. I used it faithfully on my face, in my hair, a little bit on my arms and legs but after two months I have to admit that I don't find this oil a bit moisturizing. My hair is fine and very curly, this did not do anything to make it softer, did not stop frizz, etc. Argan oil is nice in that it doesn't sit on top of your skin, it is absorbed quicker than a lot of other oils. But in the end I don't think it accomplishes anything it says it is going to. I also find Josie Maran's prices to be so expensive as to be ridiculous. If you like argan oil and find it works for you, it can be purchased (organic, unscented) from vendors on Amazon for a fraction of the cost of this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

I got a deluxe sample of this from sephora a few months ago, and I'm only half way through. I use it every night before I go to bed and it is amazing. My skin is so moisturized and much smoother. I have acne prone sensitive skin, and this didn't break me out at all. It actually seems to have helped my acne. My skin is much more even, and I notice fine lines are diminished under my eyes. I have also used this on the ends of my hair, as well as on cuts...I find it reduces redness and promotes healing very well. I highly recommend this product, and when my sample runs out I will definitely be buying more! I love it and have noticed a huge change!