September 1, 2014 | 1050 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by jadelars34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am like a mascara freak because i want my mascara to be perfect i'm so picky with how i want my eyelashes to look. Seriously. and i bought this just being in a rush a while ago. And it has not let me down at all. It hold the curls adds volume to my lashes and barely clumps up. I love the brush too it makes it easy to get in between my lashes and separate them good. I am actually going to get me another one when this ones done! Love this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 5:47:00 AM More reviews by lauraloulou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes it's a little stinky, and yes the packaging is pretty tacky - but it does make my lashes thick, curled and fairly long looking ....... for the first 3 to 4 applications. After that it gets dry and clumpy on my lashes which is very frustrating after knownig how good it once was. I'd get it again but with the expectation that it's not going to stretch very far.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 3:45:00 AM More reviews by HollieHollieHollie

This is a good mascara! It's great for volume and lengthening. It holds a curl pretty well too. I have in glam black which I believe is a little more shiny than the original. Also, it doesn't flake and it doesn't clump which is a definite plus. Some people are bothered by the smell but I don't mind it- it smells clean. I don't really see the need to put fragrance in a mascara, but again, it's kind of nice. Another thing that bothers some people is the packaging. I personally like it! It's bright, flashy, and while it is bulky, it has to be so that big ole brush can fit in there. Plus, you're not rumaging through your purse to find that illusive mascara; it stands out so you can find it in a hurry. The reason I give it a 4 out of 5 is because I don't see it as that *omg must have* mascara. (I'm still on the hunt for that one!) The main con for me is that it doesn't thicken the individual lash. I think a coat of Lash Stylist over this would work fabulously though. Anyway, it's a good price and you can usually find a BOGO sale on it at CVS or Rite-Aid, which is even better. This is my second time buying it and I'll most likely buy it again as it's my favorite drugstore brand mascara atm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by glamkittykat

This mascara is amazing and it does not clump at all if you give some effort into putting on your mascara. I already have very long eyelashes and with this mascara it looks as if im wearing falsies. I was really upset that every single time I bought this mascara the seal inside broke and the mascara would completely soak the brush when i took it out. I purchased 5 and it happened within 2 weeks to every single tube. The smell is strong and it does make my eyes water. I notice towards the end of the day it begins to crumble off slightly on my face. Its sad that such a wonderful mascara has such manufacturing problems!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

I bought this on whim one day when I went to look for a new mascara. In the past I have been using NYX doll eyes length and volume formula as well as some Rimmel mascara. I was pleased with the ones I was using, but this Maybelline mascara is a diamond in the rough! This is my HG of HG mascaras. It does wonders for my puny stick straight short lashes...it gives me length, volume and lift all while still looking natural. It doesn't clump, flake or smudge. What else could a girl ask for??? The formula is kind of thin and watery, but I like it because it allows me to build on it w/o having it become clump-city on me. I don't need to sit there and coat my lashes for hours or anything, about 2 to 3 coats is perfect. This is totally worth every penny, and the price really isn't too bad..iirc it was about 7 dollars with tax. The only negative (for some people) is the strange rose/chemical scent. It doesn't bother me personally, but I can see it bugging some people. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sugarxcookieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA! It`s one of the few that I would actually buy again. The brush does wonders for my lashes...and I have close to none! I use the one in Glam Black. The tube it comes in is also quite appealing!<3

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ShamyBabess

Decent mascara. It clumped on me time to time, but at its best I liked it. The packaging was horrible though, because the part inside the tube that takes off the excess when you pull out the wand broke. So when I pulled out the wand, I basically came out with a wand COMPLETELY covered in mascara, so I couldnt use it anymore. Bad batch maybe?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 7:52:00 AM More reviews by gymgoddess19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE! I was at Sephora trying to find a new mascara (after l'oreal's collagen mascara failed me) and I tried on some DiorShow which I loved but I knew I would feel guilty about the $24 price tag, as I have in the past when I bought high-end mascara. Passed on DiorShow and went to target. Saw Colassal Volum' Express and I remember using it before and I really couldnt remember if I liked it or not. Seeing how it only cost $5 and some change, I decided that it wouldnt be a huge loss if it was less-than-stellar. Well, I tried it on this morning and WOW. My lashes look at least twice as long and they stand out so well ( I have naturally black lashes and I used "glam black" and they look better than usual). This mascara also seemed to hold the curl very well. My lashes practically look fake. Definitely would buy again! This has the possibility of being a HG mascara ( a first for me)!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by amara8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mascara! It makes my lashes look very full and it lengthens quite a bit! It does have a weird smell that takes some getting used to but overall this is a great mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by tarapickholtz

Love it! I definitely got a lot of volume and length from this mascara. It was easy to apply and I didn't have any trouble with clumping. I did have a tiny bit of flaking (I touch my eyes a lot), but it looked so good, that I still give it 5 lippies. The bright tube is fun and easy to find in my makeup bag. I have received a lot of compliments on my eyelashes while wearing this mascara! I wear two coats for a good, dramatic look.