April 18, 2014 | 1724 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2002 7:19:00 PM More reviews by sls99

I take very good care of my skin and as a 30 something I am not ready for this product. It is meant for skin that is in a corrective stage not preventative.Too much hype.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2002 11:41:00 AM More reviews by 2westies

After all the hoo-hah, I felt compelled to try this cream. One jar lasted a year and honestly, I don't get it; for so much money, this product is just average. But it does have a comforting, grandmotherly type scent. One major benefit I need to add however, this cream has a wonderfully soothing and restorative effect on severely dry, chapped "winter" skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2002 9:33:00 AM More reviews by OriginalBarbie

My skin has a more even tone after I use this, and I break out less often. I'm not crazy about its scent, but I can live with it. I'm in my mid-20's, so I'm not sure how it works on wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2002 8:49:00 PM More reviews by drbeebee52

Creme de la Mer is probably the most hyped, the most reviewed, of all skin care products. So why am I adding my opinion? Because I think that this product is for a particular demographic: if you are "older" (read "menopausal") or beyond, this face cream really is the holy grail. I absolutely love it, although I use it only in the colder weather (even in my mid 50's, this is too rich for summer). As much as I love it, my mother, in her mid 80's, adores it! So, I believe that the older you and your skin get, the more they can benefit from this product. I am much more skeptical about the other La Mer products, since they were "invented" by the Estee Lauder scientists post purchase of the original formula.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2002 12:38:00 AM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

They have to be kidding me! 1,000 dollars for a 500 ml tub of this overpriced vaseline texured cream? Come on....It smells like Ponds face cream, only a jar of Ponds in about 13 dollars, this about 1300 dollars. to be fair though it does hydrate, but the price will hurt you more than any dry flake of skin would...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2002 4:30:00 PM More reviews by MeditativeRose

I wanted to like this product so much. I've struggled for years to find the right skin care line for my skin. I thought this was it. Uh, no. I do keep it around for times when my face or eyes feel especially dry or irritated. But as a daily moisturizer? Nope. It's way too powerful. And the thing is, I'm not entirely sure all that heavy moisture is really getting in there. : (

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2002 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After joining the MUA and seeing the constant and steady praise for the La Mer creme, I took myself over to the nearest Saks 5th Avenue and aquired a sample pot. Far too emolient to use on my face, I took to using it as an eye creme. It worked beautifully! I was in love and since a sample jar lasted nearly 2 months as an eye creme, I visited about 4 other department stores and got additional sample pots. Life in Eden was grand... and the rent was free to boot. However, as we all know, paradise was lost in the end. No sooner had I mentally acknowledged that I would forever love and use the La Mer before I started to develop the most horrible case of undereye milia. Then I noticed where I had used abit on dry spots around my frown lines, I had enlarged pores. After 25 years of keeping my oily skin free of the "orange peel" syndome, I had 3 large and quite distinct pores. I was absolutely devastated. I haven't used the creme since that fall from grace, but, I can't say I didn't enjoy my time in the garden :-/

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2002 4:46:00 AM More reviews by astraforever

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Even if it is very expensive (in Italy the biggest jar - 60 ml about 2 oz - costs about Euro 200,00), I find it very good, at least for my skin. I am 40, I suffer from occasional breakouts and I have combination skin: however, Creme de La Mere is of great benefit to any dry area, and does not cause any problem to the oily ones. To tell the truth, blemishes are rarer....I use it mainly as a night cream in order to save the product (and save money too), but when I am particularly in need I use it also as a day cream. I recommend it, if you can afford the price (however, in Italy I reckon it is cheaper...)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2002 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Qaboos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can say I've never been so disapointed in my life , I'll describe it in one word " ACNE".

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2002 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Ysatis830

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is an excellent product. I have had alot of trouble with my skin being irritated and breaking out since I was 13 ( I am 22 now). The Creme defintely calmed my skin down which has resulted in fewer and smaller breakouts. The price is sort of crazy, but if, like me you have been going through different products trying to see if there is any hope for your skin, spending the money is worth it I think.