Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 6/25/2004 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LLL, Combo-Sensitive-Mild Rosacea>>>I must admit that I am my own "lab-rat" and test many different products due to my neverending quest for the perfect skincare. However, the only reason why I decided to give Hope in a Jar a try was due to Emmy winning Makeup Artist, Kevin Bennett's recommendation on his website or maybe just curiosity? lol! Nevertheless, I am glad I gave it a chance. I found this moisturizer to be medium-thick in texture and very easy to spread. I was also impressed with how quickly to moisturizer sets leaving your skin with a silky-smooth finish that's not greasy. Due to the silicones in this product, you are left with a finish that is perfect for makeup as your skin feels "primed." I do not feel as though this is a miracle in a jar but it is one of the better moisturizers I have tried and I have tried many silicone based moisturizers..I haven't had any breakouts or rebound oiliness with this product. What sets this apart from other silicone moisturizers is that I do not feel as though the silicone is drying out my skin and my skin feels almost "cushy" for lack of a better word. Due to the fact that many people have trouble with silicones, I would suggest trying to score a sample first before buying a full size. Hopefully, you will be as lucky as I was and want a full size. In a nutshell, thumbs up for this moisturizer/primer!

on 6/25/2004 1:32:00 AM

YUCK!!!!! This stuff is AWFUL! Does it work? I have no idea because right after I put it on & started inhaling the smell, I started to get a headache and had to take it right off. TOXIC! I think my husband would've had to call 911 if I left it on any longer.

on 6/21/2004 4:19:00 AM

I generally don't use moisturizers on my face for the fear of breakouts however I decided to give this one a try and now it's my grail. I applied it at night and woke up the next morning noticing a dramatic difference in my skin. Such a nice glow. I liked how it sunk right in and my face was so soft, with NO breakouts. Been using this both am and pm and absolutely love it.

on 5/26/2004 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has to be one of the worst things I ever did to my face. It caused me to have major breakouts. In fact I have had no luck with this line at all. It made my skin so greasy and oily I'm still trying to correct the problems it caused. I do love the bath products and and Amazing Grace Is my HG for perfume, I hate there skin care. Way to expensive for what you get, and the trouble it causes.

on 5/22/2004 3:28:00 AM

My HG night cream, and I hope I never have to do without it again! I didn't start serious skin care until early this year when I turned 36, and after tearing through a jillion sample packets of almost everything on the market, someone swapped me a jar of this. What a godsend! Hydrates my skin, eases fine lines, conditions my complexion, and refines the heck out of everything. The smell doesn't bother me at all and I've found that if you rub rub rub it in with a gently circular motion, it sinks in completely and doesn't sit on the surface of your skin. Doesn't break me out, which is amazing for me, and really does what it promises to do. I use it during the day from time to time after sunning, because it instantly eases accidental overexposure and puts moisture back into my skin. Otherwise, it's my nightly ritual, and I never go to bed without it.

on 5/17/2004 7:44:00 PM

When I first opened the package I noticed that the smell was really weird and I hate it.. but I put it on anyway and went straight to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night because of something soooo smellyyyyy in my bedroom. I thought I must've left the window open and the smell just got in. It took me for a while to realize that the smell came from my face. ewwwww.... I washed my face right away. I don't know if this product works but I can't afford my face to smell like this.

Smell it before you buy it!

on 4/29/2004 9:41:00 PM

I have tried so many different face creams that one might think they were in a department store should they open my medicine cabinet. Hope in a Jar is the one that I always repurchase, due to the fact that it actually improves my skins texture, give me a healthy glow and also helps fade my dark spots. Save yourself the trouble of trying a million creams and just give this one a try!

on 4/25/2004 11:22:00 AM

Great product! I have sensitive skin and this gives me just what my skin needs, hydration. It has kept my skin balanced and clear and it's never greasy. It does not feel like it sits on top of the skin, rather it sinks in. This leaves me with a healthy glow and I'm happy with the product.

on 4/24/2004 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer. When I first smelled it, I was a little put off, but the more I used it and saw the results, well I associate the smell with my glowy skin and don't mind it one bit. I love the souffle texture and it only takes a pea size for me. I am oily-not extremely though, and this is the first moisturizer that didn't make me look like an oil slick by 10 am. I mix Hope and a Prayer with it in the am and follow with the Present. LOVE IT!!

on 4/21/2004 10:18:00 PM

Great stuff - first moisturizer that I've loved. Doesn't go on greasy - is like whipped cream for your face. Only reason I don't give it a rating of 5 is that it isn't the greatest as a primer for my foundation - and also has no sunscreen. But I still love it!