Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 7/16/2004 6:45:00 PM

The smell is horrible, but I have to admit that it is a very effective cream. I was very sceptical about it, as it does feel very watery going on, but my skin has noticeably improved, so there must be something in it apart from H20. I will be buying again (along with a clothes peg for my nose)!

on 7/16/2004 3:59:00 AM

I thought I buying a wonderful moisturizer from Philosophy, but to my dismay, THIS PRODUCT DOES NOTHING!!! I've never felt this way about a moisturizer before, and I've tried lots!! After I put it on, it just feels like I've applied some sort of cream onto my face that does nothing. I have combination skin and it doesn't moisturize or do anything except make my skin feel like there's a film on it. This was definitely a waste of money. P.S. The smell is kinda funky too.

on 7/15/2004 9:50:00 AM

I really had a high hope for this one after reading all the raves about the cream. The smell DID bother me but I think it smells more like yogurt, not a wet dog or anything. I have normal to dry skin, but it didn't moisturize well enough. I didn't notice any difference in my skin tone, either.
Pass this one.

Oh my gosh.. yall were right.. wet dog scent- all the way!! P.U., I don't know what you're talkin about, reviewer before me, that it doesn't smell bad.. it is terribly rank! But on the good side my face does seem to be a little brighter, but I don't think I can hang with the awful smell long enough to see the real results. Woof!! (literally, I smell like a dirty puppy!!) I know I won't shutup about it but honestly, it's making my heart beat fast for some reason and I feel like I'm about to get sick. NOT worth it!!

I'm not sure why so many people complain about the smell of this cream. I admit it's different but it doesn't bother me. It has a whipped texture that melts into your skin as you smooth it over your face. It is emollient enough for summer use and has not caused any break outs. I use it with the vitamin c powder in the day time. What I dislike about it is the lack of sun screen and having to scoop the product out or use your fingers. I am happy with it so far, it does seem to be helping improve my skin's overall look and feel.
UPDATE 9/27: I still think this is a decent cream but I don't love it as much. I will proabaly continue to use once in a while as a lighter moisturizer.

on 7/3/2004 5:38:00 PM

Love this moisturizer. It's great for my sensitive skin. I get intermitant dry, scaly, angry red spots thanks to roscaeca, but I haven't experienced any of this since using it. Smells a little odd at first, but you get used to it after a while and the results are worth it. I will definately purchase this again.

on 7/1/2004 3:57:00 PM

wow! my skin's never looked soo good! bye bye to dry skin, hello sexy soft skin! yay! tis a dream :D

on 6/25/2004 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LLL, Combo-Sensitive-Mild Rosacea>>>I must admit that I am my own "lab-rat" and test many different products due to my neverending quest for the perfect skincare. However, the only reason why I decided to give Hope in a Jar a try was due to Emmy winning Makeup Artist, Kevin Bennett's recommendation on his website or maybe just curiosity? lol! Nevertheless, I am glad I gave it a chance. I found this moisturizer to be medium-thick in texture and very easy to spread. I was also impressed with how quickly to moisturizer sets leaving your skin with a silky-smooth finish that's not greasy. Due to the silicones in this product, you are left with a finish that is perfect for makeup as your skin feels "primed." I do not feel as though this is a miracle in a jar but it is one of the better moisturizers I have tried and I have tried many silicone based moisturizers..I haven't had any breakouts or rebound oiliness with this product. What sets this apart from other silicone moisturizers is that I do not feel as though the silicone is drying out my skin and my skin feels almost "cushy" for lack of a better word. Due to the fact that many people have trouble with silicones, I would suggest trying to score a sample first before buying a full size. Hopefully, you will be as lucky as I was and want a full size. In a nutshell, thumbs up for this moisturizer/primer!

on 6/25/2004 1:32:00 AM

YUCK!!!!! This stuff is AWFUL! Does it work? I have no idea because right after I put it on & started inhaling the smell, I started to get a headache and had to take it right off. TOXIC! I think my husband would've had to call 911 if I left it on any longer.

on 6/21/2004 4:19:00 AM

I generally don't use moisturizers on my face for the fear of breakouts however I decided to give this one a try and now it's my grail. I applied it at night and woke up the next morning noticing a dramatic difference in my skin. Such a nice glow. I liked how it sunk right in and my face was so soft, with NO breakouts. Been using this both am and pm and absolutely love it.

Popular Moisturizers