December 20, 2014 | 1605 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2004 7:43:00 AM More reviews by rebmyen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was given a generous sample of Hope In A Jar. I tried it on two occasions and found it (both times) to be so-so. It felt good going on, but the moisture it provided seemed to diminish very quickly.

I don't think the scent is bad, as some people here have described, but it is medicinal in nature (not a pretty smell). It reminds me a little of Noxema... although it's a little more emollient. Bottom line: Perhaps a step above your average drug store brand, but I don't think it's worth near the asking price. I guess I expect more from a moisturizer in this price ($35) range. For that reason, I'm giving it a overall value of 2. Not to mention, there are a lot of other moisturizers out there in the same price range (or less) that are much better. Just my opinion. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2004 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Babalax

I really wanted to love this product. It did nothing special for my skin. I just don't think it is worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2004 8:18:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl7

I love this product! The smell...what smell? My skin is glowing, gives me a rosy, healthy color I didn't have before. Along with the Purity cleanser I am very happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2004 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jewel911

I am so suprised to read some of the reviews for this product. I do not smell anything bad about Hope In A Jar. I use it daily and although I can't say it is a miracle product, it keeps my skin looking fresh. The texture of this product is the best, very soft and it is lightweight. I have combination skin but I don't break out very often. I think it is ideal for young women showing early signs of aging but don't need wrinkle creams other similar products yet. I started using it after the birth of my first child when I felt like I aged overnight. Philosophy is the first skin care line that I used. Works for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2004 2:18:00 AM More reviews by alyssamg

After having good results with some other Philosophy products, I was excited to try this - received in swap, opened it and EEWWWW!! My nose, my nose!!! It literally triggered a very bad reaction - I kept thinking of Noxema gone horribly, horribly wrong!! I have tried several times to actually use it and I just can't get it to my face. Some things in life are just not worth it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2004 11:50:00 AM More reviews by glamourcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know this product has an almost cult-like following, lots of people like it but I'm not one of them. It was way too greasy and heavy for my skin and it has a horrible medicinal smell to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2004 12:36:00 PM More reviews by kjbassick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. I NEVER buy the same thing twice and have gone back 3 times for this one. No greasiness, but completely moisturizing. My skin looks great.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2004 1:57:00 PM More reviews by mirah

I hated this product- tried it a while back and actually gave it away promptly. The smell was terrible and it did not sink into the skin well at all. So many moisturizers offer great treatment benefits and have a nice texture and scent- why use this one?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2004 9:09:00 AM More reviews by tasty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. Since receiving it for Christmas, it has become my staple moisturizer. I use it in conjunction with Philosophy's Purity cleanser and my self is virtually flawless. It is veyr thick and after I'm done using it, my skin feel like it has taken a huge gulp of water.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 1:41:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

Philosophy's skin care products are truly disappointing (although I love their body care). First, this has lactic acid and AHA's. This was very gentle though. The texture of this cream is like a light soufle. I have dry skin and this didn't moisturize enough. Also, this has a noticable medicine scent that I couldn't stand. I'll stick to my Darphin Arovita C cream!!!