October 2, 2014 | 899 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is rated 54% ' would buy again' really ? really ? WOW.

This is HG for me. I will say the brush is very similar to DiorShow. I do like that brush. The actual formual is different. I would say not as thick as DiorShow ? maybe..

Whether or not we like a mascara is very much personal preference. I like mine a little thick, not clumpy but not so thin and smooth. This stuff is awesome. Nice fat brush, great formula. Maybe it has a scent.. IDK - I don't notice / care. I love how it goes on, you notice length AND thickness in one swipe. This does not flake on me. Does not smudge, doesn't come off till I take it off, and having said that - its easy to take off.

I am done buying HE mascaras. I used to think it made a difference. It really doesn't. This stuff is good, Lash Blash, Stiletto all that.. but I like the Colossal the best. I just opened a new tube today.. and usually I like a mascara after about 2 weeks.. after the air has gotten in.. thickened up a bit.. not so here. This is perfect right out of the gate.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 7:57:00 AM More reviews by xxAlandraxx

Love this product.. I recently purchased it to find a replacement for my Diorshow as i am trying to economize. i read some reviews that said it was good and bad but i figured for like 9 dollars why not...and i was pleasantly suprised. I have the waterproof formula and it def stays on (i used eye-makup remover and a Cleansing milk to get this stuff off). and it makes my lashes look full and thick. I cant speak on the lengthening side as i have long lashed but they do look beautiful. No flaking or clumping either...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ashleypooh1014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The packaging suckered me in, I like anything brightly colored or shiny. Horrible flaky spider eyed mess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful results with this! I love it. Not too much clumping and no flaking. Love this stuff! My only complaint is that it STINKS. Like it has a very prominent STENCH to it haha. Makes me a little nauseous but I love this stuff so much I'll get over it. :]]

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by jadelars34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am like a mascara freak because i want my mascara to be perfect i'm so picky with how i want my eyelashes to look. Seriously. and i bought this just being in a rush a while ago. And it has not let me down at all. It hold the curls adds volume to my lashes and barely clumps up. I love the brush too it makes it easy to get in between my lashes and separate them good. I am actually going to get me another one when this ones done! Love this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 5:47:00 AM More reviews by lauraloulou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes it's a little stinky, and yes the packaging is pretty tacky - but it does make my lashes thick, curled and fairly long looking ....... for the first 3 to 4 applications. After that it gets dry and clumpy on my lashes which is very frustrating after knownig how good it once was. I'd get it again but with the expectation that it's not going to stretch very far.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 3:45:00 AM More reviews by HollieHollieHollie

This is a good mascara! It's great for volume and lengthening. It holds a curl pretty well too. I have in glam black which I believe is a little more shiny than the original. Also, it doesn't flake and it doesn't clump which is a definite plus. Some people are bothered by the smell but I don't mind it- it smells clean. I don't really see the need to put fragrance in a mascara, but again, it's kind of nice. Another thing that bothers some people is the packaging. I personally like it! It's bright, flashy, and while it is bulky, it has to be so that big ole brush can fit in there. Plus, you're not rumaging through your purse to find that illusive mascara; it stands out so you can find it in a hurry. The reason I give it a 4 out of 5 is because I don't see it as that *omg must have* mascara. (I'm still on the hunt for that one!) The main con for me is that it doesn't thicken the individual lash. I think a coat of Lash Stylist over this would work fabulously though. Anyway, it's a good price and you can usually find a BOGO sale on it at CVS or Rite-Aid, which is even better. This is my second time buying it and I'll most likely buy it again as it's my favorite drugstore brand mascara atm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by glamkittykat

This mascara is amazing and it does not clump at all if you give some effort into putting on your mascara. I already have very long eyelashes and with this mascara it looks as if im wearing falsies. I was really upset that every single time I bought this mascara the seal inside broke and the mascara would completely soak the brush when i took it out. I purchased 5 and it happened within 2 weeks to every single tube. The smell is strong and it does make my eyes water. I notice towards the end of the day it begins to crumble off slightly on my face. Its sad that such a wonderful mascara has such manufacturing problems!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

I bought this on whim one day when I went to look for a new mascara. In the past I have been using NYX doll eyes length and volume formula as well as some Rimmel mascara. I was pleased with the ones I was using, but this Maybelline mascara is a diamond in the rough! This is my HG of HG mascaras. It does wonders for my puny stick straight short lashes...it gives me length, volume and lift all while still looking natural. It doesn't clump, flake or smudge. What else could a girl ask for??? The formula is kind of thin and watery, but I like it because it allows me to build on it w/o having it become clump-city on me. I don't need to sit there and coat my lashes for hours or anything, about 2 to 3 coats is perfect. This is totally worth every penny, and the price really isn't too bad..iirc it was about 7 dollars with tax. The only negative (for some people) is the strange rose/chemical scent. It doesn't bother me personally, but I can see it bugging some people. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sugarxcookieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA! It`s one of the few that I would actually buy again. The brush does wonders for my lashes...and I have close to none! I use the one in Glam Black. The tube it comes in is also quite appealing!<3