October 30, 2014 | 1636 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

No bad for $5.50 (at Wal-Mart) Since the recession has officially hit my beauty routine, this is a great drugstore substitute for pricier mascaras. Does not flake, smudge and lasts all day until I take it off. Easy removal, too. It separates and lengthens more than gives volume, but I am pleased. Like it better than Lash Stiletto and the pink and green tube ones. I tried this in Glam Black. The only downside is the big brush but I am learning to work it on my puny light colored lashes!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by KawaiiKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't like this mascara at all. Has this floral smell to it. Gave me spider lashes when i applied it. It lengthened but didn't give me any curl or volume. The only good thing is that it's really easy to take it off, you don't need to rub your eyes out. Gave it to my friend and she loved it. Won't be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

That mascara gets a big "wow" from me. I am really surprised to find such a good mascara for such an adequate price. I gave up searching for a HG mascara long time ago but this is amazing. Note that my lashes are short and spiky so for me, this stuff is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by janinam16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this mascara,it is my favourite now,my lashes look really long

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is rated 54% ' would buy again' really ? really ? WOW.

This is HG for me. I will say the brush is very similar to DiorShow. I do like that brush. The actual formual is different. I would say not as thick as DiorShow ? maybe..

Whether or not we like a mascara is very much personal preference. I like mine a little thick, not clumpy but not so thin and smooth. This stuff is awesome. Nice fat brush, great formula. Maybe it has a scent.. IDK - I don't notice / care. I love how it goes on, you notice length AND thickness in one swipe. This does not flake on me. Does not smudge, doesn't come off till I take it off, and having said that - its easy to take off.

I am done buying HE mascaras. I used to think it made a difference. It really doesn't. This stuff is good, Lash Blash, Stiletto all that.. but I like the Colossal the best. I just opened a new tube today.. and usually I like a mascara after about 2 weeks.. after the air has gotten in.. thickened up a bit.. not so here. This is perfect right out of the gate.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 7:57:00 AM More reviews by xxAlandraxx

Love this product.. I recently purchased it to find a replacement for my Diorshow as i am trying to economize. i read some reviews that said it was good and bad but i figured for like 9 dollars why not...and i was pleasantly suprised. I have the waterproof formula and it def stays on (i used eye-makup remover and a Cleansing milk to get this stuff off). and it makes my lashes look full and thick. I cant speak on the lengthening side as i have long lashed but they do look beautiful. No flaking or clumping either...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ashleypooh1014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The packaging suckered me in, I like anything brightly colored or shiny. Horrible flaky spider eyed mess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful results with this! I love it. Not too much clumping and no flaking. Love this stuff! My only complaint is that it STINKS. Like it has a very prominent STENCH to it haha. Makes me a little nauseous but I love this stuff so much I'll get over it. :]]

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by jadelars34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am like a mascara freak because i want my mascara to be perfect i'm so picky with how i want my eyelashes to look. Seriously. and i bought this just being in a rush a while ago. And it has not let me down at all. It hold the curls adds volume to my lashes and barely clumps up. I love the brush too it makes it easy to get in between my lashes and separate them good. I am actually going to get me another one when this ones done! Love this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 5:47:00 AM More reviews by lauraloulou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes it's a little stinky, and yes the packaging is pretty tacky - but it does make my lashes thick, curled and fairly long looking ....... for the first 3 to 4 applications. After that it gets dry and clumpy on my lashes which is very frustrating after knownig how good it once was. I'd get it again but with the expectation that it's not going to stretch very far.