Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 12/22/2009 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a great little mascara. Doesn't clump, and stays in place. I purchased the waterproof version and applied two coats of this, topped by a coat of Lash Stilletto. Overall effect was very fake eyelash, no clumping, smudging or flaking, didn't irritate my eyes at all. I've been using Diorshow Iconic mascara for over a year, which I like, but my bf had a hot little shower thing he wanted to try so I had to quickly pick up something waterproof. I honestly didn't see much dif between this and the Diorshow, except obviously the price was much better and since these were waterproof they didn't smudge and run down my face. Very nice and definitely worth the price. I might just switch to this and save myself a few bucks.

on 12/22/2009 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this mascara....definitely buy again. I have super sensitive skin, and everything irritates my skin, but this one didn't. It lengthened my lashes and there is no flaking. Definitely will be in my makeup bag again and again!

on 12/22/2009 10:32:00 AM

I love this mascara. One lippie away due to the odd fragrance. It would receive a total 5 if it didn't have a weird smell to it. Luckily it goes away! I own this mascara in Glam Black and Glam Brown and wear it most days. It is a very good everyday mascara, but I tend to wear something else when I am looking for a very dramatic eye look. Great product!

on 12/20/2009 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I truly love this mascara. I used the waterproof version of this when I was attending a funeral and no smudging or anything. gave my lashes a nice look.

This is my favorite mascara, it makes me look like I have fake eyelashes on.

on 12/19/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i hate how this smells of rose.. why??? it's a product used close enough to the nose that it's not wearable, for me anyways. i have no problems with clumping.. i apply 2 coats and i get good results.. i wouldnt buy this again just cuz of the rose scent. very unnecessary.

on 12/19/2009 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A limerick review for Maybelline's The Colossal.

Although it pains me to admit,
The "volume!" hype is quite legit.
I've grown rather fond
Of the chubbier wand
But oh my God, this smells like... poop.

on 12/18/2009 2:28:00 PM

its an okay mascara. i liked it alright, but i am still on the hunt for the perfect mascara.... it gives pretty good volume, but nothing phenomenal. it actually looks pretty natural in my opinion

on 12/18/2009 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

with the volum express, I love the fact that it tinted and curls my eyelashes naturally, no false eyelashes looking here, so it's great for everyday wear. plus it doesn't clump nor smudge. I took off one lippe because they call it volum express, but it doesn't seem to add volume, more of natural curly eyelashes, which I don't mind of course. will repurchase when I ran out

on 12/17/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is probably my favorite mascara ever.The brush is the best;it doesn't goop on too much mascara like the new Rimmel mascara.I've own that one and it is horrible.So clumpy.But this one right here is the best.It seperates my lashes and it's so buildable without those hideous spidery lashes/clumps.I might even keep the brush after I'm done so I can use it as a eyelash comb since I don't have one and it seems handy to have.I'm always on the hunt for new mascaras and this *might* be a keeper.