December 20, 2014 | 1128 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Marilakj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty clump-free for a non-plastic bristle brush. It def lengthens and curls but I don't think it volumizes as much. It's a really great mascara but not my HG

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by hho504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with some of the reviews I just read. It gets really clumpy in my lashes. I have the water-proof one, and don't know if there's any substantial difference with the other one, but I can tell you I wouldn't rebuy this at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 9:14:00 AM More reviews by abd4j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for the dumbest reason: the packaging is really neat in this bright yellow tube. It really stands out in my makeup bag which is great for finding it in the mornings.

Trying the product, yes the smell sucks, but my nose isn't near my eyelashes so it's ok. It delivers length and volume which I loved, but it also clumps more than my Voluminous mascara. I am not a fan of picking out clumps when I'm rushing about in the morning.

Overall I think this product is ok. I definately don't regret buying this, but I don't know if I'd repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by miszsarah09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the water proof and regular version of this. I like them both, but they clump reallllly bad! ANd you have to like brush out your lashes after applying. I really wanted to love this stuff. I guess I'll be going back to my more expensive mascaras, they never let me down.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2009 8:22:00 AM More reviews by nliedel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited to buy this. I really wanted it to work and some of the reviews were fantastic! Sadly, it stank like a skunk and clumped like wet clay on my lashes. I've had the tube for a week now and it's already starting to dry out. I live in Michigan, it's moist here. Almost English Weather, but colder. Nothing dries out.

I'm tossing it and giving up on Maybeline mascarra's forever. After years of being my HG's, they've let me down for the last time.

I really wanted to love this, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This mascara's not tooo bad, I think it adds volume and there is definite length and separation. It does go on a little wet so be careful when applying, but other than that I like how it makes my lashes look thicker, and I didn't mind the scent. You smell it for like a second when applying it and it's not even bad imo. I definitely notice the thickening and separating, even hours after wearing it, like it more than CG's lash blast. I do feel that over time this mascara has underperformed. It starts to feel dry going on, It doesn't glide on the way I like it to, which is kind of annoying. It also flakes. I have other mascaras that I've had for way longer that still perform well. Also I had an issue with this was the packaging...The little ring on the top of the tube would sometimes come off, making the wand gooooped with the mascara! I am able to fix it, but I shouldn't be dealing with it in the first place. Maybe I just had a defective tube. Won't be buying this again though, I'll just stick to L'oreal...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by rachaelfrem

I agree with another commenter about how the formula seemingly changed. The first time I bought this....it was great! Loved it! The next two times I bought it however, it was horrible. The tube dried out fast, and it applied clumpy. It didn't deliver the same results I had the first time I bought it by a long shot!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Colossal Volum' Express--Classic Black

I was not impressed at all by this mascara. It did not add volume to my lashes although it did add some length. The formula is wet and it does not flake or clump. The brush is large and round and I have a hard time applying the product on my lashes. I end up with mascara on my lids. This mascara has a scent that I dislike. The worst thing about this product is that it smudges and gives me raccoon eyes. I will not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading so many mixed reviews about this mascara, I've decided to give it a try since I have medium length and straight Asian lashes. The smell (as expected) is weird but it works wonders for my lashes!!! I can see the improvement in length and volume after 2 coats. It doesn't clump if you apply the coats when it's still wet. Definitely the best volumising mascara I've used.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kellywilson0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had read rave reviews about this mascara, so I figured I'd try it out. To be honest, I wasn't really all that impressed...it clumped more than my Maybelline Full 'n Soft, and didn't provide the volume/length that my Full 'n Soft and my Cover Girl Lash Blast did...plus, it ended up all under my eyes...not a good look. Overall, I won't be repurchasing this one.