November 22, 2014 | 1952 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2003 5:53:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I finally got to try this cream when a lovely swapper send me a tiny pot. It did nothing for my very dry sensitive skin. Was not very moisturizing for me and eventually irritated my skin when I applied it thicker. The smell was atrocious--a cross between old roses and horse liniment--yuck. I will stick with PC's Skin Recovery moisturizer: it works and makes my skin feel like satin and for a hell of a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 1:54:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A friend who works for the company gave me a full size container of CDLM because I was dying to try it. I really wanted to like it but it's just WAY too rich for me. Maybe when I'm older and my skin is drier. Using this every day made me break out. I've tried using it as an eye cream (as recommended) and it's much better, but I'm still not in love. I want to believe in the CDLM hype, and would LOVE to try the serum, but this cream is strictly for super dry or super damaged skin. In fact, I ended up giving it to a friend who has super sun-damaged skin and she likes it. I believe the CDLM works for dry or damaged skin, but I don't think it's for everyone. UPDATE: I've figured out the secret to using this as an eye cream - I put a bit of this on my ring finger and tap my two ring fingers against each other to "melt it down" then I tap it under my eyes. Can you say holy grail eye cream? I even tap it on my cheeks - the one area that gets so dry and itchy in the winter. LOVE it!! When you consider how little I'll use and how long it lasts, this is actually a deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2003 7:48:00 PM More reviews by missytoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I really wanted to love it (although at that price,I'm not sure why....). I ended up breaking out on my forehead from it, so I used it in specific areas. I have a dry patch on my eye that it didn't help, but I have a scar on my lip that it did soften. It's certainly a rich thick moisturizer,but it didn't work any miracles or make any wrinkles go away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2003 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jenna88chu

UPDATE: okay, now I love this stuff. It lasts a long time also and it really helps my face feel so soft and luxurious. I tried using other moisturizers, but they leave my skin feeling slippery or oily, but this is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2003 2:07:00 AM More reviews by amyaub

This is a wonderfully thick cream that really softens my skin when it gets very dry. Use sparingly however. Very pricey but IMO worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2003 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Powhatten

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my emergency ointment. When I'm really dry, it does the trick. When I had bronchitus from a terrible cold, this totally repaired my poor, chapped nose. When my skin had wind burn from fishing, it made the misery go away. It was especially great as eye cream at that time. But, since my skin is pretty oily, it's not my everyday moisturizer...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2003 12:41:00 AM More reviews by hydrin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after all the great things I read about it. I have older dry skin, this moisturizer does help but it's no miracle.I really don't think I would spend all that money again on it. I learned something from buying this product.. try to get a sample before spending so much money on any product I feel like I,ve been taken.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2003 2:34:00 AM More reviews by natedac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yucky! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2003 10:25:00 PM More reviews by TriciaK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although I have dry skin, except in the summer, this cream is way too heavy for me and it broke me out. I wish it could have been the miracle worker some say it is, but my purse is glad it is not!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2002 12:50:00 PM More reviews by eiluj44

I bought the tiny sample size, and I'm glad I didn't waste my money on anything bigger. It was nice, but DEFINATELY not worth the money.