December 21, 2014 | 1417 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2003 11:44:00 AM More reviews by pooh2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my third jar. I've used this cream on and off since it's so expensive. I had to use this again when my face breakout terribly after I tried using the 1% BHA from PC. After 3 weeks, my skin is smooth again, still have some acne marks tough it's fading, takes care of the flakiness and best of all no new pimple !

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2003 10:28:00 AM More reviews by sriley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It seems that my friends with oilier skin found this to be more helpful than I did. I have dry, dehydrated skin but for some reason, this "miracle cream" did not soak in at all. It just sat there AND broke my skin out (something which rarely happens). I read that it has Petrochemicals in it, which is why it has that vaseline-like feel to it (at least to me).

Anyhow, it does seem to work well on some, just not on me. Get a sample BEFORE you shell out $150 for this so-so product!

**UPDATE: In a moment of nervous hysteria about my dehydration lines, I shelled out $190 for another jar or this product. I tried it for 2 weeks and am taking it back to Saks tomorrow. Did nothing. I have had better results with Sisley, Decleor, & Dr. Haushka

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2003 7:50:00 PM More reviews by giggle7658

This moustirizer is the all time BEST! I am hooked. I have never used a cream that I can use at night and wake up and all my blemishes be gone as well as even out the skin tone of my face. Even the blemishes that I could never get rid of for years! Its a miracle product. I can't believe that it does not work as well on other people as it did for me. Everyone has to try it teeneagers to grandma. I cant go on about this enough. Let's just say to go to a Department store and plop down $90 bucks for 1 ounze is worth it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2003 5:53:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I finally got to try this cream when a lovely swapper send me a tiny pot. It did nothing for my very dry sensitive skin. Was not very moisturizing for me and eventually irritated my skin when I applied it thicker. The smell was atrocious--a cross between old roses and horse liniment--yuck. I will stick with PC's Skin Recovery moisturizer: it works and makes my skin feel like satin and for a hell of a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 1:54:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A friend who works for the company gave me a full size container of CDLM because I was dying to try it. I really wanted to like it but it's just WAY too rich for me. Maybe when I'm older and my skin is drier. Using this every day made me break out. I've tried using it as an eye cream (as recommended) and it's much better, but I'm still not in love. I want to believe in the CDLM hype, and would LOVE to try the serum, but this cream is strictly for super dry or super damaged skin. In fact, I ended up giving it to a friend who has super sun-damaged skin and she likes it. I believe the CDLM works for dry or damaged skin, but I don't think it's for everyone. UPDATE: I've figured out the secret to using this as an eye cream - I put a bit of this on my ring finger and tap my two ring fingers against each other to "melt it down" then I tap it under my eyes. Can you say holy grail eye cream? I even tap it on my cheeks - the one area that gets so dry and itchy in the winter. LOVE it!! When you consider how little I'll use and how long it lasts, this is actually a deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2003 7:48:00 PM More reviews by missytoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I really wanted to love it (although at that price,I'm not sure why....). I ended up breaking out on my forehead from it, so I used it in specific areas. I have a dry patch on my eye that it didn't help, but I have a scar on my lip that it did soften. It's certainly a rich thick moisturizer,but it didn't work any miracles or make any wrinkles go away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2003 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jenna88chu

UPDATE: okay, now I love this stuff. It lasts a long time also and it really helps my face feel so soft and luxurious. I tried using other moisturizers, but they leave my skin feeling slippery or oily, but this is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2003 2:07:00 AM More reviews by amyaub

This is a wonderfully thick cream that really softens my skin when it gets very dry. Use sparingly however. Very pricey but IMO worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2003 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Powhatten

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my emergency ointment. When I'm really dry, it does the trick. When I had bronchitus from a terrible cold, this totally repaired my poor, chapped nose. When my skin had wind burn from fishing, it made the misery go away. It was especially great as eye cream at that time. But, since my skin is pretty oily, it's not my everyday moisturizer...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2003 12:41:00 AM More reviews by hydrin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after all the great things I read about it. I have older dry skin, this moisturizer does help but it's no miracle.I really don't think I would spend all that money again on it. I learned something from buying this product.. try to get a sample before spending so much money on any product I feel like I,ve been taken.