La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 3/18/2003 9:53:00 PM

I really don't understand all the hype on this product? I was lucky enough to get a sample of this. And although I'm reslly glad I got to try it(to see what all the hype was about)I found it to be very ordinary.
I don't have wrinkles so maybe that's why I wasn't too impressed with it.
As far as moisturizing goes it does an average job. I actually think Nivea cream (the cream its been compared to) moisturizes a whole lot better and is SO much cheaper. To me they even smell slightly similar.
But anyway, this product wasn't bad, but (for me) not worth the hefty price tag. If your considering trying this definitely get a sample first.

on 3/18/2003 7:50:00 PM

I bought LaMer because of all the hype. I was hearing mixed reviews about it, so I had to give it a try myself. I tried it out for about 8 weeks, which I thought was a fair amount to give to give a product. I followed the directions that the sales associate to use the product. It gave me terrible acne. I have combination skin, and get one pimple probably every couple of months. This is the first time I got 5 pimples in one month!!! My dermatologist said I had to stop using the product. I have stopped using LaMer now for a week, and the breakouts aren't happening anymore. I think this product is wonderful for some people but for me it was horrible.

on 3/18/2003 6:07:00 PM

8 months ago I was left with a 3rd degree skin burn. Anyway went to Derm. Office, and instead my skin got worse. I got very oily, sensitive acne prone skin. I came across La mer, and decided to try a sample. I was told to use very little. Also, SA told me that I might break out within the first three weeks, and start to see results after 1 month of use. I didn't break out, instead my skin became clearer and saw results after a month. Happy to say after six months of use, my skin is now smooth, clear, even, soft, glowing, less oily and my pores seems looks smaller. My skin hasn't look this well in a long time and having been getting lots of compliments. This line works well with any other line. Also, I use CDLM as an eye and neck cream. I purchased the full size and received the deluxe size samples. Hate the packagin and the $$$$, but love what it does. RECOMMEND TO TRY SAMPLES FIRST, to see if it works for you. You can call and ask for samples at 416-789-5377 ask for La Mer. I find it cheaper by $10 - $15US

I like this cream. It's a very good moisturizer for dry skin. The only challenge is that the application must be done in a very specific way. First, face and hands must be completely dry. If there's any water on either, the texture gets very slippery and doesn't go on smooth. Second, you're supposed to warm this between your fingers. I can't figure out what this does. Again, it's a good moisturizer, but I don't know that it's worth the money.

on 3/10/2003 3:49:00 AM

I finally broke down and bought both the original moisturizer at $90 for an ounce, and the face serum, for $175 an ounce--nearly $300 after taxes. My opinion of the creme, notwithstanding all of the instructions to warm it between index fingers, is that no matter what you do, it does not prevent the oily and greasy feeling that results after application. This is preceded by the serum, which for some reason I prefer, as far as the 2 products are concerned. Once the cream is added, however, I feel too oily.

My favorite combination os the products is the La Mer face serum, followed by Kinerase cream, which at least has published studies of results, as opposed to mere testimonials. I'd probably stick with the serum, the Kinerase, but the creme is a bit too hyped for the greasy results, and I am disappointed. I'd love to know if anyone else has stuck with the cream, after similar initial results, only to find it was worth the investment.

on 3/9/2003 9:34:00 PM

OK, after all the talking about La Mer I decided to spend $ 90 on this one, hoping that I wouldn't like it very much. Turn out I was wrong....

It gives me a nice glow, smooth skin like baby's bottom, even tone and just look healthy. You only need a dime when you apply it, so I hope one jar could last me for 6 months.
I have combo skin, and it doesn't cause any breakout at all.
Definitely a keeper, worth every penny

on 3/9/2003 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Everything about this product is true--it's AMAZING, PERFECT, and MIRACULOUS!
The thick creme, avoided like the plague by those afflicted with acne-prone skin, came as a warm welcome to my somewhat blemished complexion. After constant usage, and incorporation of the intensie serum, my skin has never been clearer and healthier.
LA MER IS FABULOUS and worth EVERY PENNY!

on 3/5/2003 1:54:00 PM

I purchased this after a SA recommended it for my frequent flying dry skin. After dropping a good deal of money, boy was I disappointed! It simply did not work on my skin (combo, sensitive). It broke me out, and didn't even keep me feeling moist. It also left me a little red looking. So, I tried it as an eye cream, hearing that it was good for that. I got millia. I'm now using it as a hand creme and a lip balm, and liking it for those uses. The jar packaging makes it hard to get product out. A little expensive for hand creme, but at least it is getting used. Would not buy again.

on 3/2/2003 1:59:00 PM

So I caved in and shelled out $90 for a 1 ounce jar after hearing so much about it from the media, magazines, celebrities..etc. Have to say this is probably a much overhyped product. I have combination skin with dry cheeks in the winter, and this does little to moisturize my skin. It does feel greasy when I first put it on my face before going to bed, but the next morning instead of glowing soft skin, my cheeks would still feel sort of tight and dry. I've used other night creams that are less expensive yet does a better hyrdation job than this cream does. As soon as I am done using up this jar, I am back to using my Clarins Renew Lotion and Multi-Active night lotion.

on 2/27/2003 3:35:00 PM

I got some of this expensive cream on ebay, a sample pot for about $20.00. I love the consistency, and have applied a bit under my eyes twice today- So far, I am happy with the results. It is expensive, but I will continue to use it, and will probably spring for the full jar at some point. - March 5, 2003 update - I am loving this cream more and more each day - it is my 3:00 pm eye pick-me-up at the office. I now carry another sample pot in my purse - great on my lips too, and the secret is in the application. One swipe with a ring finger, rub with other ring finger to emulsify, and then pat, pat - bye bye dry and puffy!

Popular Moisturizers