April 21, 2014 | 950 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2002 2:06:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have combo/dry skin and when I first used LaMer, I really slapped a fair amount of it on every night--and promptly broke out. I finally figured out that using much less than I had been using (just a tiny bit, warming it up well on my hands and patting it on), and not using it every night (I just put it on when my skin feels dry) is the ticket for me. Voila--skin miracle! I wake up with glowy, hydrated skin in the AM. It's all in the technique with this product, IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2002 12:10:00 AM More reviews by carissa1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shortly after my 17th birthday my oil-slick skin began to peel like I had a sunburn. A the time, I was working for a major cosmetic company, so I tried everything in their line & just about everything in their sister companies lines. Nothing worked. After 2 visits to my dermatologist (whose prescriptions did not even work), I found La Mer. Frankly, I don't think that this is "hyped up" or "overrated" b/c I was working for a major cosmetic company & hadn't even heard of it! Anyway, after a few days, I noticed a drastic change (for the better). My skin was actually healing itself. My skin stopped peeling, my rosacea was less noticable, I was glowing. Since then (about 2 years ago), I have tried other products that claim to do the same thing as La Mer. However, after a day or two of using other products, my skin starts to peel again. I have always gone back to La Mer & my skin has never looked better! My dermatologist still doesn't know what is up with my skin, but La Mer definately helps it 100%. Also, it is not as expensive as it seems. The 1 oz jar will last me about 6 months. Usually, skincare is made to last 2 months at the most! In the end, you'll end up paying about the same! I hope that this review helps someone. I thank God that I found La Mer (I'm not kidding, either!).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2002 11:50:00 AM More reviews by lilstone

I thought it was working at first. My pores looked smaller. A couple of days after I used it I could go outside without makeup. Then week by week I had constant pimples that would come and go. It seemed to go under my skin and cause bumps. It clogged my pores. It definitely wasn't good for my 19 y/o oily acne prone skin. Maybe would work for older skin. So I'm giving it to my mother.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2002 6:30:00 PM More reviews by pittgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. Having said that, I think this cream would work best on a more mature skin as it is extremely emoillent. As dry as my skin is, this is still too heavy for me to use in the summer. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has extremely dry skin. (Word to the wise: ask for a sample first to figure out if you like it.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2002 9:19:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Biggest...Ripoff...Ever

I have your average, run-of-the-mill combination skin. It's showing some signs of aging so I decided to give this a try. The scent is the first thing that put me off -- it definitely reminds me of my mean, old grandmother.

The reason it's such a ripoff is that it didn't do anything for my skin. It didn't make it worse, but it didn't make it better. For what they're charging, I would expect drastically better skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2002 11:57:00 PM More reviews by shannong

I received a sample of this from a nice SA in Sak's last yr and sort of forgot about it until I had some horrible seasonal allergies that caused lots of dryness around my eyes this past spring. In desparation I gave it a try as an undereye cream and I loved it so much I went out the next wk and bought the 2 oz. jar. I have used it every night since late Feb. and I still have well over half a jar left. I do not know if I will repurchase however, as I am sure there is a lower priced alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2002 11:14:00 PM More reviews by jibunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I slather this on every night and it completely hydrates my skin. It never makes me break out, which is rare for such a heavy cream. well worth the money since it lasts FOREVER and i'd highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2002 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Janine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. While it did made my skin look clearer and fade some of my acne scars and reduced my pores size but it also gave me blackheads and breakouts in some areas of my face.

My friends have commented that my skin does look better now (I did not tell them that I was using this). Then again, I did go for Intense Pulse Light treatment so could be the results of that..

I've learned to adjust the amount of cream I put on my face. Putting it on areas that need it and it does work so much better now.I use this only at night unless the weather is really dry in the day. But its really a chore as I need to put some other moisturiser on my other parts of the face.

Really good for dry weather; that's when I get all the skin flakes.
I'm still having mixed feelings about this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2002 10:29:00 PM More reviews by critiquette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Crappy & Ugly packaging!!! But oh how I love this cream. Not that it actually takes away wrinkles, fades spots, diminish acne, heals scars, firms, or depuffs. It doesn't do any of that. In fact, it just moisturizes and takes care of the crepeiness I get on expression areas, for a short period of time... I think its main function is Anti-irritant/soothing, which is a universal property of the dirt-cheap seaweed/algae family. It takes away all the redness and rashes that I often get. Even though the cream doesn't do much, somehow it really makes me feel better about my skin and thus I love this cream! Irrational huh? But that's how women rate skin care products and how the industry makes money! Ha.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2002 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Hollyandivy73

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I admit it, I bought into the hype. Going to my source (eBay) I bid on a sample pack of Creme De La Mer. I anxiously awaited the arrival of the package, driving the mailman nuts in the process. Finally it arrived, I sprinted up the stairs, ripped open the package and stared at the tiny pots of cosmetic "gold." I followed the instructions to a T. Warming b/ween my fingers, then pat, pat, pat. I went to bed hoping to wake-up transformed. I was transformed all right, into a big zit. Horrified I vowed never to go near this product again, but curiosity drew me in about 3 weeks later. I gave it another shot and zits, zits, zits. Thinking I could come out ahead in this situation I bought a bottle of the oil-free, not only did it make my make-up look horrid after application, it gave me zits as well! Estee Lauder can keep this seaweed infested "Miracle."