Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 12/10/2007 1:10:00 AM

This is a nice and gentle cleanser for my combination/ oily T-zone skin. My skin is so smooth afterwards. I like the scent too. The packaging is average for such a wonderful cleanser.

I bought this product to go with the mediocre at best hope in a jar moisturizer. Even though what i had was working just fine, and costs half as much, I just have this thing with my products all being the same brand. stupid. anyways, i've been relatively patient with this product but my skin has only gotten increasingly worse since i've been using it. My face feels dry, not exceptionally clean, and my cheeks are breaking out badly. The other morning i actually counted like 8 pimples on ONE side of my face. Today, I finally admitted defeat and switched back to my old cleanser and all the redness calmed down and no new breakouts. hazzah. I can ditch the paper bag! Fie on you philosophy.

on 12/8/2007 10:42:00 PM

Great cleanser when used properly. I tried this once before and it dried the heck out of my face...red, itchy and very tight. After watching the model on QVC put it all over, even her eyes to remove mascara, etc...,I thought, maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I always remove my makeup first so that the cleanser can do just that - cleanse, NOT remove the makeup. But it must have just stripped my skin. This time I just put some in the palm of my hand, added a few drops of water and massaged all over - even my eyes. It didn't irritate my eyes at all (big surprise for me!), my lipstick came off, every bit of foundation was removed and my skin felt soft and not dry at all. Even thought philosophy doesn't make a toner I always use one anyway prior to applying my treatment or moisturizer. I'm very pleased this time and will continue using it. I'll probably get the huge size with a pump just for the convenience. Count me as a happy user!!!

on 12/7/2007 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My face didn't feel clean after using this product. DEFINITELY not worth the $$. Buy something cheaper and better. Philosophy has brilliant marketing, saying their stuff is sooooo great; news flash, it's not, it's all marketing. NOT WORTH THE $$$

on 12/6/2007 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE purity! I purchased the monster 32 oz size from QVC, and I love that it has a pump. This is the ONLY product i have found that can totally remove my makeup without having to rub my skin raw. It even takes off the mascara that I use, and I use a lot since I have no eye lashes. It does not bother my eyes and it's nice to be able to get my mascara off without the product bothering me. It also makes my skin feel super soft and very clean. If you are looking for a great cleanser, go for this one! I would buy this again in a second!

on 12/6/2007 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite cleanser for my combination skin. For years I have used Clinique 3 Step, but it never took all my makeup off without using toner. This cleanser takes off all my makeup and it does not dry my cheeks and forehead. I use it every night alone with Hope in a Jar and my skin has never felt better.

on 12/5/2007 9:22:00 PM

cleans and removes makeup like a dream. leaves skin very very clean without being irritating or drying. hg status.

EDIT: Maybe I was trippin when I first got this but I HATE this stuff.....it makes me break out, makes my skin itch and I ended up throwing it away. YUCK.

Okay, so I bought this cleanser from Sephora. I think the bottle would be better if it had a pump, but overall it's a good cleanser. I have sensitive eyes, combination skin and wear lots of makeup. I find it removes makeup better then any of the makeup removers that I've tried. It also has a soft scent, nothing to powerful and makes your skin clear when used regularly. I also use it in the shower after I work out, and so does my boyfriend. He even likes it, and uses it on his face. I'd buy it again. I love how my skin doesn't get to dry afterwards either. I must say, I've spent hundreds of dollars on skincare lines, and if you are looking for a good cleanser that doesn't over dry, this works well. They say it replaces a toner also and a makeup remover. It's a multi purpose cleanser. Highly recommended.

on 12/4/2007 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. I have oily skin and wear makeup everyday, and it takes all my makeup off and leaves me with fresh, clean skin. It doesn't break me out at all. I'm someone that needs daily exfoliation, so I have to use a separate scrub, but it's great for removing makeup and keeping the skin's PH levels normal.

Ive purchased this a couple times now, so I think I like it ok. The scent is a little different, but its subtle. It does seem to clean well. I just wish Philosophy made a toner to use afterwards.