April 21, 2014 | 1090 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2007 11:20:00 PM More reviews by rosehugo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't get what all of the fuss is about. This smells like glue and has the same consistency. It is an okay cleanser, but not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is better at removing makeup than most cleansers, but not as thorough as a cleansing oil (like DHC). It does rinse off cleanly without residue. I finished a large bottle of this, but found that the herbally smell was kind of annoying and it doesn't remove all sunscreens. It's a good cleanser to carry around though because it's not messy and it rinses fast.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by dysphoricmango

I bought this product after my ex-bf recommended it to me. (He said it was for girls who wore a lot of makeup.) Overall, it's a decent product. The smell isn't overpowering and it fades away after you wash your face unlike other cleansers. It also doesn't sud up, so if you like your bubbles when you wash your face, this definitely isn't for you. I personally don't really think that it did anything great for my face, nor did it do anything bad. I just think there are better products out there. Like the packaging, this cleanser is boring.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have combo skin that can be sensitive to certain ingredients. This product gave me horrible nodules along my jaw line that I never had before (or since) using this product. It also smells like death. I love Philosophy's bath products, but I have not had much luck with their skin products.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2007 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ilostmychoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I originally thought this was so so on my sensitive skin, even though it calmed my skin down and cleaned it without stripping it and causing that tight tingling other cleanser do. Thats why I thought I'd try another cleanser (La Prarie) which was so awful and harsh on my skin... its thankfully made me realise that I truly love this cleaner as it feels nice on my skin, not oily or harsh and drying like other products! The only thing they could do though is put it in better packaing, as its a little boring. EDIT: Sisley Foaming Cleanser is better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by tinachen0401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used this cleanser for about 2-3 years now and am switching towards a more natural cleanser. Overall, I really enjoyed this cleanser. I used to work at Sephora, so I would run around and test which cleanser did the best job removing makeup. I'd have to say, this one was the best compared to other brands Sephora carries. I would still use a make up remover for the eye area, but this cleanser alone does a fantastic job if are patient enough to massage it on your face for about 1 minute.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2007 11:38:00 PM More reviews by CharH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm 43 with combo acne prone skin and this just made it worse. I had to stop using it. I know it has wonderful reviews for the most part. But if you're acne prone I would not recommend it.

It doesn't strip or dry the skin but it did cause me to breakout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

I have been using this cleanser for a year or two now, which is longer than I have ever used any cleanser before. I have an oily t-zone and dry, sensitive cheeks and eyelids, so it is hard to find a cleanser that doesn't irritate my cheeks and eyes but still cleans my t-zone. I have tried so many cleansers that seem to work for a couple of weeks, but then my cheeks or my eyelids get flaky or my nose gets oily or my chin breaks out, but not with Purity. My face always feels comfortable when I'm done washing. I don't think this cleanser does much to get rid of blackheads, but there are other products that can do that, like scrubs, toners and masks. I like that I can use this cleanser year round (not too drying in the winter, yet strong enough for summer) and that it removes all my make-up, including mascara. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but soft, and if I don't feel like using spot treatments for a day or two, I can get away with just cleansing and moisturizing. The price may seem a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way with this product as it has a nice lather. I bought two of the travel size (8 oz) bottles and keep one by the sink and one in my shower, so now I just buy the big bottle and refill the two smaller bottles. The plastic on the smaller bottles seem to be stronger as they don't crack or crease like the bigger bottles do. I do the same with the Philosophy Cinnamon Buns body wash. This is definitely the best cleanser I have ever tried. I just don't know how to describe it - it doesn't leave my skin feeling like it will squeak if I rub it, but it also doesn't leave any kind of a film - just a soft, clean, natural feeling.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by michellep21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ive heard reviews and thought i would try it. I was excited because the first week it was nice. Then i to got more pimples. i have acne prone skin and this was a dud. Iam sorry ladies BUT SAVE YOUR MONEY! The only reason it is so expensive is because of the name!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2007 3:29:00 PM More reviews by marci_o

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin and this helps keep it moustirzed. It also great at removing makeup. You only need a little so it last long.