Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

Okay, so I bought this cleanser from Sephora. I think the bottle would be better if it had a pump, but overall it's a good cleanser. I have sensitive eyes, combination skin and wear lots of makeup. I find it removes makeup better then any of the makeup removers that I've tried. It also has a soft scent, nothing to powerful and makes your skin clear when used regularly. I also use it in the shower after I work out, and so does my boyfriend. He even likes it, and uses it on his face. I'd buy it again. I love how my skin doesn't get to dry afterwards either. I must say, I've spent hundreds of dollars on skincare lines, and if you are looking for a good cleanser that doesn't over dry, this works well. They say it replaces a toner also and a makeup remover. It's a multi purpose cleanser. Highly recommended.

on 12/4/2007 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. I have oily skin and wear makeup everyday, and it takes all my makeup off and leaves me with fresh, clean skin. It doesn't break me out at all. I'm someone that needs daily exfoliation, so I have to use a separate scrub, but it's great for removing makeup and keeping the skin's PH levels normal.

Ive purchased this a couple times now, so I think I like it ok. The scent is a little different, but its subtle. It does seem to clean well. I just wish Philosophy made a toner to use afterwards.

on 12/4/2007 1:11:00 PM

Not sure what to make of this product. I've tried it over and over again. It cleans well, but it kind of has a funny smell. I also think the price is a bit high for the sizes they offer. I like the packaging, but wish they offered a pump bottle in the small sizes. They make a 32oz pump...but it's too huge to store it anyplace. I like something that will fit in my medicine cabinet. I also think they should make a fragrance free version as well. I think that's my biggest complaint is the weird smell it has. My skin is super clean after use. It doesn't feel tight or dry afterwards...despite the positve things about, the smell is what gets to me.

on 12/4/2007 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this after hearing the woman who developed the line talk about how she had acne-prone skin. At first I felt it did an okay job, though it irritated my eyes quite a bit. Then...all hell broke loose. I am 59 and I had the worst breakout of my life from using this. HUGE cystic acne: 13 mounds on my face, even in places I never ever had acne. I am shocked to read that at least 10 per cent of reviewers here had the same exact problem. What in the world is going on with this line? They brag over and over about being better than what you can get in a dermatolgists office. They preach about their "philosophy", but something is very very wrong to break so many people out so badly. Also, many other people had eye irritation from it as well.

on 12/4/2007 1:29:00 AM

Observations about this product: once used, the face will feel tight, and a moisturizer is sure needed for this product is VERY drying. Moreover, it was drying even on my shiny T-zone! The fragrance is very nice, but even that aspect didn't save this one in my book from being an overall: irritation inducer.

I had acne from this product that flared on places I NEVER had acne, which was somewhat puzzling (AND 1 CYSTIC acne out of nowhere!). Incidentally, even cheap drugstore facial cleansers didn't break me out as quickly as this one, so perhaps there was an ingredient or two that is irritating to the skin, hence the once in a blue moon negative review you see for this product.

I couldn't believe I left my Holy Grail Clinique Mild Cleanser (or its yellow soap counterpart) temporarily on whim to try this out, it took a week for my skin to heal, but my Clinique cleanser and #2 toner abetted the irritation.

on 12/3/2007 9:52:00 PM

i absolutely love this cleanser. i actually bought a 32oz size bottle from QVC and it was only $36...such an amazing price for this product. i use it twice a day...its so gentle on the skin but does take off makeup effectively. holy grail!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love the fact that this cleanser does melt away ALL of my make-up but it breaks me out BAD. My face feels soft and really clean but its not worth the havic my skin indures the next day. SORRY. I would recommend it if you DO NOT have acne-prone skin.

on 12/2/2007 9:41:00 PM

I always wondered how people could be so in love with a cleanser. After all it goes on your face for about 30 seconds, you rinse it off and your done with it. However, I now understand. This stuff is just plain lovely, it removes all makeup [except for the 2 pounds of mascara I apply daily] and leaves your skin feeling so clean and fresh. I love the texture of it as well. It almost feels oily, but in a good way. I just love how my skin feels after I use it and it is definitly my most favorite cleanser.

This has become my new HG cleanser. My skin has become so much clearer since using this cleanser along with Hope In A Jar moisturizer.

One note for anybody considering this: on the demos on QVC, they say it removes ALL eye makeup. I have found that isn't the case with me. It does give a good head start to removing mascara - and it does remove all eye shadow - but I still have to use a little bit of eye makeup remover to get the rest of my mascara off.

Still, the benefits are definitely worth it and I highly recommend this!!!