July 24, 2014 | 1761 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by samanthaes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. I get it when it is the Anniversery sale at Nodstroms, in June. this cleanser gets all traces of makeup off without any drying to my skin. I love the smell and the convienence. With the sale I got 32 ounces for 30.00.. I can't believe it either, if it runs out before the next sale I will get it on QVC. I love it..:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

With all of the great hype over this product, I thought I would try it but unfortunately it did not work for my skin. Although, I do have incredibly sensitive skin so most things don't work :o( It has a lot of essential oils though so that is probably why. It dried out my skin and made it very dull with red bumps. But people who are not sensitive may have better results. There isn't a lot of foam/suds, but that isn't a problem for me though because the chemicals that make cleansers foam up are usually not good for your skin so lack of suds is a good sign for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

I like this. The smell is different from other products and it takes a little getting used to. It kind of reminds me of sage. It only takes a pea sized amount to wash my face and the makeup just dissolves without scrubbing and pulling and wiping. It seems like it's not doing anything, but then I rinse and dry and my face is totally clean. I will definitely buy again. Those of you who don't like it, go to my wish list and lets swap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by tw

This is the best cleanser on Earth! It gets every trace of makeup, even waterproof eyeliner, which I seem to have the most trouble getting off. Love the fresh, herbal smell. And I like the fact it doesn't foam up leaving globs of bubbles in my hair line. Even though it's really expensive, you only need a tiny amount and it lasts a really long time. Purity makes my super oily, acne-prone skin soft and clean and it never irritates it. I like the clear bottle and easy-open top. I think I'd prefer a pump, but for a flip-top it's really good. When my acne goes out of control in the summer, I switch to something stronger at night, but even then I come back to Purity a couple times a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this years ago and hated it, but gave it another go and fell in love! I use it in the morning with a little Clinique Exfoliating Scrub mixed in, and at night alone to remove my makeup. It leaves my skin clean and soft with no residue or dryness. My skin can get a little oily and is brone to breaking out. I've had no problems using this cleanser at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by glamboyant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lot of people say that they hate that it doesn't later- but it does for me! You just can't use a lot of it. And you don't NEED a lot. My face feels so soft and looks very radiant and clear after using it. It's so gentle, I can use it around my eyes. It even takes waterproof eye makeup off. It's definitely my favorite cleanser thus far. And hello!! So inexpensive!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by julieshurmatz

I found this cleanser to be VERY overrated. It did not remove my makeup, as it claims it does. It smells really bad, even though the bottle says "fragrance free". It's very over priced, and I even think it is making my skin break out. I would certainly not recommend it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by manmg2

I am soooo impressed by this cleanser. Itís so good at cleaning my skin without drying it out. I use this every morning and night and itís perfect for my combination skin. Since I have been using this product the condition of my skin has improved. I get fewer breakouts and any spots that I do get are cleared up quickly. I still tend to use a separate eye makeup remover before using this cleanser. The only down side to this product is that itís so expensive. Don't think Iíd ever go back to a regular cleanser though. This is definitely my HG cleanser. Just need to find my HG moisturiser now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by PowdaPuff

I love Purity Made Simple because it cleanses thoroughly without drying, and removes makeup extremely well. The scent is natural and refreshing. I've been loyal to this since the first use and recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 9:18:00 AM More reviews by babiig1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought 'Purity Made Simple' over three months ago and although I am only halfway through the bottle (proving how a little goes a long way), I found the cleanser to not live up to the hype. It didn't remove my make up to a satisfactory standard and I was not left with that feeling of pure, clean and cleansed skin. Instead, it left a feeling similar to what one experiences after washing their face with cold water. I certainly would not purchase this product again, particularly because of the high price and the lack of results.

UPDATE: I've added on another lippie; my previous rating was 3/5 and it's now 4/5. I've been applying it incorrectly for the past six months..how stupid am I?! I've been wetting my face prior to applying the Purity Made Simple cleanser, rather than leaving my face dry/damp. It actually removes make up very well, I just didn't have the privilege of experiencing its sound makeup removal properties due to my failure to follow instructions.