September 23, 2014 | 2043 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by styrch

I adore this mascara! It does take some getting used to (hence the 4 and not 5 stars), but it's pretty fantastic. When I put this only lashes they look fuller and longer. The brush has the wand of a regular brush with a bushy end. I find the end beneficial for touching up - and for dispersing clumps should any occur. This mascara is particularly awesome on lower lashes. Each lash is defined and you won't look like a racoon after a few hours of wear. You can wear it over other mascaras as well to make the effect even greater.

Note to the new user: The wand does take some getting used to and you may think it's a clumpy mascara while you get used to it. Don't pump your mascara wand in the tube. Use the end of the brush to smooth excess. You'll be fine!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by rallu

It clumps, the bigger bristles at the tip of the brush are scary to use in the inner corner of the eye, doesn't give me any false lash effect and it's hard to remove. Returned it...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ljsamora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best mascara I have ever used, and I've used them all. It make my lashes long separated my eyes look amazing! LOVE LOVE LOVE benefit they're real mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by maxylove34

I was really excited about buying this mascara. I waited until I used up whatever mascara I had so I could purchase this without as much guilt. It is double the price or more of most of the drugstore mascaras I use. There were so many great reviews that I seriously couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I am sad to report that I am really disappointed with this product. The first couple of times I wore it my eyes stung like no other! I generally have sensitive eyes but this took the cake. I could barely open my eyes but as soon as i took the product off I felt relief. Figuring that it could be allergies or something else I waited a week before I tried it again. The next time I put it on it worked alright. The mascara lengthened, gave my lashes a little volume, and held a decent curl. I have only had this product for a month and it has already dried up! I can barely get anything out of the tube and when I do it just clumps up on my lashes or makes my lashes stick together. This is the first and last time I waste my money on a high end mascara. I generally love Benefit products so this truly was disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by mignondee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a BN tube of this in a swap and boy am I glad that I chose this to swap for!!! I absolutely love this mascara!!! It is the best that I have ever used, and I have used many. It surely knocks the Falsies out of the window (I don't see what all of the fuss is about over that crap) and I have not picked up my Rimmel Lash Accelerator since getting this. I really gives my lashes that false look without all of the clumping. When I am finished with the mascara, I am going to keep the brush because it's awesome! I will purchase this again!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by USCgirlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have short, sparse Asian eyelashes and am usually drawn to mascaras that claim to really lengthen and volumize lashes without smudging! That being said, this mascara was a disappointment for me. It lengthens a bit on me, but does not volumize my puny eyelashes. When I add a second coat, it ends up clumping on me very noticeably. For the positives about this product, one thing that I experienced with this mascara is that it's extremely long-lasting and does not smudge on me. Additionally, the color is extremely black, which is what I like in all my mascaras.

Unfortunately, given its poor volumizing and subtle lengthening effects, along with its tendency to clump majorly on my lashes, I have to give it a pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by ginnylynne

I really like this! The package is pretty as can be and once you get the hang of applying it, it works really well! The trick is to not load the brush up, start at the bottom of your lashes and sweep upwards. Creates really pretty long lashes. I don't use it on my bottom lashes as it does tend to clump, but considering what it does for my upper lashes, I'm okay with that. Will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by misswmei

I already have naturally long lashes and decided to purchase this because of good reviews on makeupalley and youtube but I had to return it!! It clumps my lashes like crazy on the first coat and after trying to comb it through a few times after it just clumps even more. The consistency of the formula is very heavy and weighs my lashes down so that the curl doesn't even hold. I get much better results from my Maybelline Falsies mascara for $20 bucks cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by tgbech

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect mascara for me! It took some time to get used to the application technique, but after a few tries I got amazing results. I use Neulash, so my eyelashes are quite long. This mascara makes them even longer. People ask me if my lashes are real, they can't beleive how long they are. Maybe not so much volume, though. And it is quite hard to use this brush on the lower eyelashes without smudging. Despite that, this is a very nice mascara if you want long lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by andreinabarthly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

With all mascaras it is about having a preference. Wether you want thick clumpy mascaras or, moisturizing more natural looking ones or ones that define each eyelash such as lancome's definicils. I would definitely compare this mascara to that one. It really defines each eyelash on a more precise level, with lengthening! You definitely should use a waterproof eye makeup remover for this. Overall I love this mascara!