BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2036 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 11/3/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have a thyroid problem which in turn has caused my lashes not to be as long or thick as they use to be. I curl my lashes and apply mascara but within the hour they are straight.

I decided to buy a trial size of this mascara at Sephora. The brush isn ot overwhelming for my smaller eyes which are somewhat hooded. I wiped off some of the excess, curled my lashes and applied. Immediately my lashes looked thicker and longer. There was a bit of clumping which I fixed with a clean masacar spoolie. It's 6 hours later and my lashes still looked curled, long and thick.

Overall I like this mascara. I took one lippie off due to the slight clumping, however I have never found a mascara that is totally clump free.

I believe the full size is around $28.00-30.00 Canadian.

I may continue buying the mini size since I toss my mascara every three months.

Edit: I have continued buying the mini size since I toss mascara every 3-4 months. The mini size is around $12.00 Canadian and I don't mind paying that for a higher end mascara in a mini size.

on 11/2/2012 12:20:00 PM

I love this mascara and I am SUPER picky about mascara. If I had to name one makeup item I could not live without, it would be mascra, so as you can imagine, Ive tried just about every type out there. Being a redhead, I have eyelashes that are practically invisible, so daily mascara is a must and it must be long-wearing, not flake, and not irriate my eyes (I also wear contacts).

Despite the fact that my eyelashes are invisible, I was actually blessed with really long lashes, but I love this mascara because it thickens the lashes and it does appear to add some length. I have been asked by friends several times what type of mascara I use when wearing this.

A few tips:

1. This mascara is not listed as waterproof, but you should treat it as if it is when trying to remove. It is difficult to remove (but I actually like that because it does not wear off during the day) so make sure you use an eye makeup remover designed to remove waterproof mascara. As an alternative, when I am out of remover, I use a little olive oil and it takes the mascara right off. I dampen a cotton pad, close my eyes and hold the pad over my lashes for about 10-15 seconds VERY gently wiggling the pad back and forth. I have found this loosens and removes a lot of the mascara.

2. This is a thick mascara so it will clump easily. I usually only wear one coat of it. If I need to layer it, then I make sure to use an eyelash comb between coats. If you dont, then it can clump.

3. Because it is thick and long-wearing, you really need to remove this stuff every night. If you get lazy and sleep in it, then it is more likely to irritate your eyes and lashes.

on 11/2/2012 9:51:00 AM

First, this mascara is not worth it for it's price. (28 euro)
Second, It doesn't do anything that it claimed to be.
It doesn't do anything about thickening the lashes nor lengthens it.
After a while of applying it on my lashes it looks more like a grey colour than black.

Overall, im disppointed and I am not buying it again.

Im thinking of buying the maybeline falsies as Ive heard a lot of good things about it.

on 11/2/2012 6:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm turning into a bit of a 'mascara ho' and have been very curious about this one after seeing so many good reviews about it. So when I was in line for the checkout at Boots and saw a travel size version, I snapped one up.

Okay, the Pros:

-Very black
-Curls lashes nicely
-Tip of brush makes it easy to get the harder to reach lashes
-Does give a lot of length

Cons:

-Doesn't do much for making my lashes look thicker...just longer
-Can be messy and clump (but so can any mascara), so you have to be careful when applying and not in a rush.
-HORRIBLE to wash off. After using Cliniques TTDO, an Olay wet cleansing cloth AND a wash cloth, I still woke up the next morning with faint black smudges under my eyes. I'm very particular about getting all my eye makeup off before bed, so this is a big problem for me.

Basically, I think it's an okay mascara and the wand is handy. I actually tried it on top of a EL volumizing mascara and it worked really well to give my lashes some added 'oomph'. Since I didn't use a lot, I didn't wake up to smudges. So using this to get some extra length/curl on top of another mascara is probably going to be the only time I ever use it.

on 11/1/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I currently love this mascara! I like to have my lashes look long and separated and not clumpy at all, I have a real pet peeve about clumps and like to be able to see every single lash defined and not spidery. With one coat this does the job and hold the curl very nicely for the whole day. I have heard many people complain that this is really hard to get off at night but I have had no problem removing this. As I have very sensitive skin I use Liz Earles cleanse and polish to remove my make up and it removes the mascara very easily with no loss of lashes and no panda eyes the next morning. Love it but do not necessarily love the price tag so will have to wait and see whether I re purchase.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

When i first purchased this i was so excited because i had heard such good things about it. i started using it for about two weeks and really liked it, it gave me lots of nice length. But after a few weeks i noticed that my lashes were starting to fall out. The formula is so harsh on my eyelashes because it is so hard to get off even with a high end makeup remover. It doesnt say it is waterproof but it seems to be for me. By the end of the day it clumped up. I have another that i bought and i will only use it if i dont have another one to use. i will not be repurchasing this. It's hard to find a really good mascara and im still looking.

on 10/29/2012 6:56:00 PM

So, I received this mascara as a gift from my cousin and have so far used it on two occasions and all I can say is that I am smitten :-)

My lashes are naturally long, however they are very straight and light therefore my eyes don't really stand out that much, so i'm always in need of a mascara to make them pop out and give my eyes some character.

I have used good mascaras in the past from brands like Bourjois and Clinique, but was yet to try out the much raved 'They're real' mascara. After one coat, my lashes became darkened n thick and curled like no other mascara had ever achieved (not even exaggerating lol). For the first time, my eyes looked truly awake and my friends agreed :)

I guess the price is the only down side, but hey, it is by far probably the best beauty product out there and isn't a rip off in my opinion. It works, and it works magic ;-)

on 10/27/2012 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have quite short and thin lashes. unfortantely this product didnt do what it promised. I wanted to believe all the hype around the product but it just didnt work for me:( its a shame as I LOVE the packaging, but the brush just didnt do anything for me! personally i think it works better on naturally longer lashes, but for us girls with short eyelashes im afraid it just doesnt work as well:(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think this mascara is great. Does it give a true false lash look? No, but it's the closest thing out there. People comment on my lashes and ask me how I get them so long! This mascara is the answer for people wanting long lashes gorgeous lashes. The brush is a good shape for application with a little rounded bit on the end for curling.

It's not too intense because it's not the thickest mascara in the world. I do love thick lashes but because of the length I think it would be too much to wear for everyday mascara (I believe Bad Girl lash is the thick lashes one).

This mascara does not flake. I wouldn't say it's waterproof but it doesn't run down my face when I cry, just smudges a little underneath. I started to use a primer underneath the lashes and it holds really well and makes it waterproof. Last time I cried it didn't run at all. I recommend a primer for staying power.

Overall this is a great mascara, it's a little pricey, but it's worth it if you want gorgeous lashes.

on 10/25/2012 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I had really high expectations as to how this product would perform. Although I was skeptical of the wand, I opted to have a little blind faith and bought it at Sephora.

I cautiously applied 3 coats to my top lashes, allowing about 10 minutes of drying time in between each coat and painstakingly combing my lashes out between each coat. On the bottom a very delicately applied 2 coats. The result: very clumpy, spider-like lashes up on top, and awkwardly curled, but equally clumped bottom lashes.

I'm a self-proclaimed "beauty addict" and I really thought that this product under performed, with results that took entirely too much care (seriously, combing and drying after each coat?!) and could have been achieved with a less expensive option.

For what it's worth, I think that $23 is absurd for the results and I probably would not have purchased this if Sephora actually had testing wands that replicate the one that actually accompanies the product. Another slight annoyance is the bulkiness of the packaging, and the display which promised a free travel sized version, which Sephora conveniently did not have.

I can't imagine how many hours and supplemental tools it took Benefit's MUA to achieve the 'after' photo that's prominently displayed on the box. I'm not impressed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials