July 29, 2014 | 1228 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Farrahd

In fairness this is a great mascara. Very dramatic but I wouldn't layer it on too thickly as it has a tendency to clump. I must say though that three work friends commented on my lashes the first day I wore this mascara and one colleague even went straight out and bought this mascara. It is the best mascara I have ever bought. The price is less than the Lancôme mascara which I found to be far less dramatic.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by dulcemaya06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sigh..i really wanted to LOVE this mascara!!!! but sadly it simply didnt work for me. After seeing all youtube videos on how AMAZING this mascara was,and blah blah blah..i drove my big butt to the nearest sephora and purchased it! I put some on..and though "what the heck!!!? My eyelashes were clumpy, and they looked spidery and uggh a very bad look to them. The one thing ot did have was that it made them super dark, but whats the point in that if you have spider looking lashes. I decided to give it a try the next day, same thing, I used two coats, tried wiggling the wand differently, but no same effect. So i returned it! I went to cvs and bough me some covergirl last blast and a cinnabon with the 23 bucks i got back :) woo woo!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MissCaroline85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am asian with straight eyelashes and I always curl my eyelashes before putting on mascara. This is a very nice mascara that gives you a dramatic effect. This makes my eyelashes look darker, longer, and thicker. The only down side for me is the high price tag. While I do enjoy this mascara, my #2 mascara Voluminous Carbon Black is only 1/3 of the cost so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by lindi828

Well, having worked for several beauty stores and every mascara out there....yes this is my favorite. Finally one that doesn't weigh down my lashes after I curl them. They actually STAY curled, all day long! I only use 2 light coats for everyday and I can honestly say you can see my lashes now. I will sometimes use another coat for evening. Work on one eye at a time. I think it dries quickly and that's good for the curl. I also wiggle the brush as I goe through the lashes I am 55 and have long but thinning and light lashes .This really makes a difference. I don't mind spending $22 when it works.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Volumizes, but doesn't hold a curl, smears, and clumps a bit. Definitely didn't work on my skimpy, straight, spare, short, Asian lashes. Got as a Sephora insider item with some points and love the travel size, but not for me. Also, the wand has spikes, seriously, not just teeth, but pointy spikes that poke my upper lashline and made application uncomfortable. So definitely try the actual wand on this mascara if you can before purchasing and I do not recommend this for fellow guys and gals with short, spare lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by phatsjunx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

MY NEW HG CRUELTY-FREE MASCARA. This FINALLY replaces my Maybelline's Volume Express mascara. Thank you!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by mikeym

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this mascara. I try them all believe me. This one does not flake and lasts all day. If you want volume this probably wouldn't do it, but far as defining it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by TaniaMst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am currently using a sample size of this mascara but fully intend to purchase the regular size. For me this is part of a two mascara set As long as you apply one or two coats, this will give you beautifully enhanced, natural looking eyelashes. The brush is amazing and really separates each eyelash. But this is NOT the mascara you go to for volume! It defines, adds length,lifts and curls the lashes for a gorgeous natural eye but you definitely can't aim for thicker lashes.

I wear this one on a day-to-day basis as it's great for college and work. When I want volume I use L'Oréal's Original Voluminous. I don't think it's even 10$ and it works great! This is the only drugstore product I use and I find it compares to Dior's Diorshow which is what I would normally wear for volume.

Another amazing thing that works in favor of They're Real is how long it lasts! It stays on all day and all night if I ever have to pull an all-nighter.

I will definitely purchase again and again as it's the only mascara I found that gives such a beautiful natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Jilliterate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is definitely a mixed bag. It's applicator took some getting used to -- instead of soft bristles, it has short spikes. They can be kind of rough on the lashline, but it makes it easy to be sure you've deposited the mascara right on the lashline.

For me, the best thing this mascara does is CURL my lashes. I normally don't use an eyelash curler, but this mascara really made it look like I had. I love the effect. It also gives decent length and volume, but you have to be very careful in applying, because that volume can vary from "somewhat clumpy" to "extremely clumpy," and it sticks together so that it's pretty much impossible to comb your eyelashes out. Because of this, I won't be repurchasing this mascara. The curl is wonderful, but for $30 CAD, I shouldn't have to struggle to avoid getting major clumps. At this cost, there are better mascaras out there that give me the volume I want without the clumpiness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Always skeptical about mascaras - having tried too many and being disappointed so many times, I kept hearing about the new Benefit mascara and how good it was and so I broke down and spent the $22 at Sephora to buy it.

The wand on the mascara is nice. I like the end of it which is rounded and makes it easy to apply to the lower lashes and some of the upper ones that are hard to reach with a traditional wand - especially the huge ones!

The mascara itself goes on nicely, not a lot of clumping and definitely make my lashes look very long and like they have a decent amount of volume. I am hoping that it does not dry up on me too quickly - it seems to be just a little drier than most.

However, overall I do like this mascara and would recommend it.