December 19, 2014 | 1780 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I will not repurchase this mascara. The removal process at the end of the day is a little high maintenance for me. It requires a lot of make-up remover; and unfortunately, I noticed an abundance of lashes falling out during the process. It's too bad, because it's a decent mascara. I really like the brush's bristles; the bristles do a great job of grabbing the lashes and coating each individual lash and keeping them separated, without needing to apply coat after coat after coat. It holds an above average curl, delivers very dark, clump-free, neatly separated lashes with decent volume and length. At almost $30 (CAD) for one tube, that's a little steep for the amount of lashes that end up falling out, no matter how gentle I am with the removal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Stormy27

Oh my gosh!!! This is one of the best mascaras I have tried. I LOVE IT!!!
It does everything it says it can do. I use my eyelash curler and then put two coats of this on. Then my eyelashes look like they came down from heaven. I don't know what else to say. JUST GO TRY IT YOURSELF!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by amanymuhsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay this is probably the best review you'll get. This mascara is AMAZING. Overall, its an amazing mascara. But if you dont know about the 3 month rule, you'll hate it. I had this mascara in december and throughout december, jan, and feb it worked okay. but then it started drying out and getting really ugly on, towards the end of february. so honestly its a good mascara, but its not the mascara you can keep for 5 months..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by klumzyrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It only works well if you put a base mascara like the Tarte lights,camera,lashes! mascara because that mascara gets all the lashes and makes it fuller and longer then the They're real ! will make it darker and they would look like fake eyelashes. This eyelashes makes eyelashes clump together but doesn't make your eyelashes clump.. It's confusing. this is really expensive. i got the mini for $10 and it was so small !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so this mascara is great for parties and special events. I love how this mascara gives thickness and length to my already long lashes. I don't know how it would work on smaller lashes, but I did like this. This does kind of clump a bit, but I put a small coat of another mascara and then apply this and it comes out great.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by pcjo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very dry and clumpy. The only thing nice was that once on the lashes, water did not make it run like most other non-waterproofs but it took a little more effort to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by anhelicaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this mascara! The brush was amazing and got the inner little lashes so well and make my lashes look almost fake. The only problem was that it dried up super fast and wasn't worth the $22. Since I'm a college student on a budget I probably wont repurchase for a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this mascara as I am a fan of Benefit products in general. My friend (who has normally long lashes) raved about it, so I thought it would help my short lashes. First off, I found the brush itself too big to use (kind of like the Cover Girl Lash Blast) and although the product did give me darker thicker lashes, it quickly clumped onto my lashes weighing them down and making for a big goopy mess. Maybe my lashes are not strong enough to hold a mascara this thick, but after trying to use more sparingly for the last two days (and even wiping off the excess mascara with a tissue before I applied), I am going to return this tomorrow. Normally I would just toss it, but for $22 plus tax this warrants a return for a full refund.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by nabilaqila

Just bought this product and have used three times and I am totally in love with it. First time I used, I applied one coat and it looked natural except darker which is a good thing. I don't like going to class with "mascara" written all over my eyes (if you know what I mean). Second time I used this, I applied 3 coats and it looked as if i used false lashes. Long and black!! LOVE! Because I am not a fan of false lashes. So far, I have no problem with this product and definitely will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara, when I have the time and patience to fiddle with it, gives me long, dark black, false-looking lashes. If I apply They're Real without taking the time to slowly wiggle the brush through my lashes, they end up looking clumpy. I've been using a tube of this for a month now and it's still preforming like a brand new mascara. I find using a lash primer doesn't actually make a big difference with the the end result with this mascara, so it's nice that I can skip a step and still have great looking lashes. It's quite expensive, $31 Canadian, but as long as it keeps performing the same way as it does now, I think I would buy it again.