Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (renamed to Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me® foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

on 2/27/2011 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok basically this product was not made for women with oily skin. After applying even a small amount of the product to my face it feels heavy, sticky and thick. It feels kinda like wearing foundation in a sauna, not a pleasant feeling. Overall the coverage is pretty natural and the colors are great. I am number 310 and it matches perfectly and blends effortlessly in my skin. But i hate the oily sticky thick feeling, you can set it easily with powder but I still prefer a matte finish versus the so called "dewy" finish, more like oily and greasy finish. I plan on going back to my revlon superstay in early tan and I DONT plan on going back to this product.

Color 115 was a perfect match. Incredible blending--so easy with fingers. The corresponding concealer tapped around my nose and inner corner/under eyes was perfect.

Yes, I am amazed at how nice this is for a d/s foundation. I keep hearing "dewy," but it's not really that. I'd say a "natural" finish. Enhances skin...makes it look natural A powder set makes sense, especially for those of us with skin that can go oily after an hour or so.

No breakouts after a decent trial (I'll usually get some skin flare with a week it it's going to happen).

Now for those who say it doesn't last on oily skin, well, that's to be expected with a foundation unless you set with powder, maybe blot, and, if necessary, touch up around the nose and mouth. Isn't that what you'd have to do to your makeup eventually?

What I'm really liking about the Fit Me is the natural "good skin" look, how it does not accentuate flakes or lines/pores/color change, and how it can take a blot and powder touch-up without looking overly done.

Call me impressed.

I'd go for it if you want a natural finish liquid foundation that does not accentuate pores/fine lines. I'm a MUFE Face&Body fan...and I'm liking this very much.

Come on! Touching up the makeup is to be expected. The payoff in color match and skin-friendliness makes this a mega-bang-for the 7 or so dollars, especially if you get a buy one with 50% off the 2nd product.

Nice bottle, too. Looks very high-end.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got the foundation and concealer in 115 and the powder in 120 (because the 115 powder just looked too pale...) and these on me is SO AMAZING. The foundation gives a really great base - it evens out my skin tone and takes away the redness without looking like a cake or a mask. The concealer hid my faded acne scars and the powder set it perfectly. I didn't expect this from drugstore foundation because I'm a high end foundation snob! I have normal skin, with a few acne scars left and redness around my nose. I don't WANT full coverage, I WANT to even out my skin and look natural. And somehow, this does it! Love it. Not for full coverage, but the perfect light-medium coverage foundation, for its price - can't beat it. I definitely like this more than Colorstay and Neutrogena Healthy Skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Wow, the reviewer before me was super rude! Just because something worked out great for you and didn't for others doesn't give you any right to go telling them or assuming that they have "jacked up" skin. That was totally uncalled for and unnecessary. Now to my review of this product. I quite like it for myself because I have extremely dry skin and it helps give me that dewy-ness that I need. My skin is Usually very dull but this gives it back its glow in a sense. Staying power is not great as it only stays for about 4-5 hours and then it starts to fade. But for the price, it's worth it for me. Coverage is light to medium.

on 2/27/2011 1:53:00 AM

I have combination, acne prone skin..and I actually like this foundation.

Those looking for full coverage should avoid this foundation. This is more of a light-medium coverage, and gives a "dewy" finish. I wore it for about 5 hours and didn't have any problems with it melting off or changing colors, and it felt very light on my skin...like I wasn't wearing anything at all. It blends wonderfully.
I also love that the shade 220 is a match for MAC's NC20.

Skin type: NC10, neutral with surface redness, oily with a few blemishes.

Price: $7.99 at Walgreens

I really wanted to love this. Now, if you happen to be one of those women who are hardcore Double Wear or Colorstay addicts, gradually trying to wean yourself off in order to give in to the whole "dewy, natural" trend, forget it. I happen to be one of those women. I always thought Make Up For Ever HD foundation was dewy, until I tried this. I had read so many, er, "lovely" comments about this foundation, i.e. super greasy, no coverage, etc. I wanted to prove everyone wrong!! However, the minute I applied it, I loathed it. Yes, it provides only the tiniest bit more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. Yes, it has a quite greasy feeling. It never quite settled on my skin, even after putting the matching powder. Now, if the foundation were slightly less dewy, I might have liked it. With concealer, the coverage didn't look half bad. But I could not leave this on my face during the day, because I would be so paranoid about it melting to the ground. The only redeeming quality is that the lightest shade, 110, is the probably the best color match I ever found. Ultra pale, and slightly yellow-toned. Well, maybe I can use this to even out my legs in the summer? =/

Bottom Line: Don't waste your $8 buying this if you have oily or combo skin, and need coverage. This provides light coverage, and is dewy. (And not Make Up For Ever HD dewy, because that is dewy but at least it SETS on your skin.) I would only suggest this if you have normal-dry skin, relatively clear, and looking for coverage similar to tinted moisturizer. And also maybe if you are trying to trick your boyfriend into thinking you have no makeup on. But other than that, I'd say save your money and invest in a quality foundation that you know will work for your skin type and needs.

Oh, and BY THE WAY, don't listen to that review ahead that claims that only women with "jacked up skin" hate this. Well if that's not rude... Its just some ladies like their skin to have a matte, flawless look. And flawless is subjective.

on 2/26/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Ok, so this foundation works for me and I have realized it's similar to Loreal True Match foundation so if you are a fan of that, you may just like this foundation. I do have to say I like the formula on this one more but color wise, Loreal would win so both have its points. I've used this enough now to give a thorough and honest review.
~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybelline Fit Me Foundations can be found in most drugstores like CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens as well as mass discount stores like Walmart, Target & Kmart. The price will vary as with any d/s products, depending on location, sales, discounts, and coupons. This is generally affordable, priced around $5-6. Its affordable and plus Maybelline puts out coupons for $2 off every once and awhile. I purchase mine at Walmart for $3.97 (with sale and coupon)
~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation comes in a good variety of shades. 18 different shades, made to "fit" your skin. Also, spf 18. I generally find Maybelline foundations to be way to dark or orange/warm for my very pale cool skintone. But fortunately both lightest shades fit me. I first bought Shade 115 Ivory, which i thought was the lightest shade but since have found & purchased the lightest which is Shade # 110 Porcelain. Shade #110 is a great super pale neutral tone. Very pale for those like myself. I lean cool but I can make this work since I mix it with a more cool foundation. Shade number #115 is def more cool or pink undertoned than 110 but both mixed together for me is a great mix. I love mixing both to match me more accurately. If you are very pale & cool, I'd get both if you can and mix. The foundation is thinner in consistency but still thick enough to give more coverage. FIT ME claims to "match natural tone, blend seamlessly, lets skin breathe, and has spf 18. This doesn't settle into fine lines nor does it feel too heavy on the skin. Lightweight but gives good coverage. Does have a natural finish and gives skin a healthy appearance. Not too matte or dewy. Great for those with normal to dry skin. Can work for those with oily skin but may oxidize or fade for you. I find with primer, this last for at least 6-7 hours before i see fading around my t-zone area. I do smell a slight spf smell. Does disappear after placed on skin. This glides on easily, doesn't dry too fast, blends out nicely. I do have drier skin in colder months and I don't have any issues with it settling or caking up. I find this is a great foundation for those with less problematic skin. Does even out skin and covers most redness & blemishes. Those w/ severe scarring or under eye circles will need a little bit of concealer on top! I do like to use this foundation esp on days i need quick fast coverage but don't want to fuss with blending and blending. Great lightweight formula but light to medium coverage. Can build up slightly. If you are looking for heavy or full coverage, this will not be the foundation for you. Does make a great "mixing" foundation meaning its affordable & has decent coverage so I like to mix these with my other foundations that are too dark or warm. Def will and have repurchased. Nice foundation! Many shades to pick from.
~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation comes in a nice glass square see through jar. The lid is black and twist on/off. No pump sadly. Wish they would just give us a pump all the time. The hole isn't too big or small. Easy to pour the amount of foundation that you need. The shade number is located on the front bottom and on the back is labeling and ingredients or info. This includes the standard 1 fl. oz which is the typical amount from the drugstore. The shade name and number is located on the back sticker. I really do like this foundation bottle. Glass but still lightweight. May be travel friendly but I'm always afraid with foundations that don't have a pump or lid that they will leak out. I don't have issues with this getting messy like some bottles. Simple yet sleek pretty packaging. I like it just wish it had a pump, its more convenient.
Overall, Fit Me! is a great foundation. Great for everyday use. Gives decent coverage for me. Love that the lightest shades are actually light enough for me. There is a wide range of shades. Its affordable and looks nice on the skin. Can be used all year round. Not one of those foundations that can be worn in winter or summer. I love it and recommend to those with normal to dry skin that want light to medium coverage. I will def repurchase. Shade 110 is light and pale & 115 is a cool and light color. Will buy them both to mix. Great formula! Love this!

on 2/25/2011 6:31:00 PM

it's a win. not THEEEE best color match but still...

on 2/25/2011 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Can someone help me;
If I'm NC20 in MAC, what # would I be in this?
Thanks!(:

on 2/25/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I was so excited to finally find a perfect shade match to my yellow based skin tone. To my dismay...two hours later my face resembled an oil slick. Even with my pressed powder over top. Back to my true match! Sigh..

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu