Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (renamed to Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me® foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

on 3/1/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I got the 120 - good match for my skintone MAC NC20-25. Light, natural, soft. I mixed it with moisturizer before applying in order to thin it out, as I do most regular foundations, and this gave me the dewy look I prefer. Fresh and easy if you have clear skin. Not much coverage otherwise. Close to no-fragrance, but sometimes the fragrance bothers me and other times it doesn't (reminds me of a very faint Cashmere Mist). Nice modern bottle with a generous sized opening so you don't have to fight to get the product out, and you can stand the bottle on end as product moves toward the bottom. Great value for the price. I would prefer unfragranced and no SPF.

on 3/1/2011 12:54:00 PM

I have never used foundation on a daily basis until I found this. I had seen the ads and displays and never paid any attention until I watched a YouTube review (nguerriero19) and also due to the fact that I found it for $5 at Ulta and it was buy one get one 50% off. I got this in 2 shades, 120 for now as I am pale, and 320 for when the weather warms up and I am tan.
I find myself using this everyday because it is really just a very lovely product. It goes on smooth and blends with ease. It matches my skintone perfectly and provides very light coverage which I like because I'm not trying to cover anything up on my face, I just want a perfect looking healthy look. Since I have been using this, people constantly ask what I'm doing different to my skin, they can't tell I'm wearing makeup!
I have another foundation that I like and use, the Korres Ginger and vitamins foundation, but it is about $20 more, so I use both and rotate them.
UPDATE: I was using this in the winter and it wasn't so bad, but now that it's warm out I wouldn't dare. The formula is so wet and makes my skin feel oily. This is not the makeup to wear if you want to feel fresh. I now use Korres, True Match or, my favorite, Loreal Visible Lift with serum, that one is the best.

I loved the color (I'm SUPER fair/porcelain) and it actually matched me perfectly. Coverage was nice enough also. Though I think it may have emphasized some dry skin.However, I can't get past the FRAGRANCE in this. Why put FRAGRANCE in foundation? I have sensitive skin and this made me ITCH. No way will I ever buy this again. I returned it to Walmart and got my money back and kept my current fave Covergirl Trueblend liquid which I used a few years ago and have gone back to.

on 3/1/2011 11:12:00 AM

I wanted to be able to like this foundation. The color is great. I had to purchase both 120 and 115 to finally settle on 115. It matches my skin tone perfectly, blends very easily, gives medium coverage and looks natural. I was so excited because it is so cheap compare (only $9 to the $40 of my HD foundation). But it broke me out all around my lips and chin. And now I cant use it anymore : (
Back to Makeup for Ever HD.

on 3/1/2011 3:04:00 AM

this foundation goes on great on my skin.
my skin is normal to dry.
it doesn't feel like a mask or like its sitting on my skin.
it's a light to medium coverage. i can build it up to where i need more coverage but sheer it out where my skin is better.
i do find that applying less to start out with and blending out with a duo fiber brush then apply to specific areas with my finger and a sponge to get more coverage where it's needed.
i also think this wears better once it's warmed on the skin. you can truly see the dewy but not tacky finish even when set with a light powder. i feel like this wears around 8 hours. i wouldn't call it a long wearing foundation or anything.
i can totally see this not working on oilier skin types. but i do really like this product and was pleasantly surprised it worked so well with my skin.
now the cons and the reasons i took a lippie off. there is quite a strong fragrance to this foundation, it's a little distracting. to me the fragrance is very traditional to drug store foundation. very old school fragrance. i didn't expect it to have that scent since this seems like its being marketed towards younger women.
also though i do like the look of the bottle i don't like that it doesn't have a pump. it's really easy to pour out too much and over apply the foundation with this packaging and it gets really messy. i would really kill for a pump for this foundation. this has become my go to foundation lately alternating between this and a $60us foundation from sephora.
overall a great product for the price for more normal to dry skin types that prefer a light to medium coverage with a dewier finish. i apply this with mac 187 brush or sometimes a synthetic foundation brush and sheer it out with mac 187 and a sponge. varies on how my skin is behaving. i set it with mac's prep and prime finishing powder and finish it off with a spritz of mac fix + and press it in with a flocked sponge to make the foundation really sink into the skin and adhere and wear well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Really wanted to like this, but this just didn't work out for me. When I wore this, it felt like it was sitting on top of my skin, if i brushed against ANYTHING it rubbed off completely. Also, I was not a fan of the coverage. I really had to work to build up any coverage, and it seemed as though I was just pushing the foundation around and not getting any better coverage. Loved the color matching, but I think a lot of the matching has to do with how sheer the foundation is.

on 2/28/2011 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This isn't a review more of question. I've looked through all the review under sensitive and dry skin and I still haven't found a post that answered my question. I have dry,sensitive skin. I'm not talking I break out easily but more along the lines that a lot of products irritate my skin. I have a mild form of eczema and It normally just everyday adds some redness,and dryness to my skin. But if I use the wrong products my cheeks turn BRIGHT red and I get eczema bumps. Basically I'm just wondering if this foundation is suitable for my skin type. I can handle a bit of fragrence, but too much will become a problem. Thank you!

on 2/28/2011 7:12:00 PM

The color is great for light-skinned people. The lightest shade actually matched my skin tone great! I have a very oily t-zone, though, so when I put the foundation on, it made my face feel sticky and shiny. Throughout the day it only got worse. I don't reccomend it for anyone with oily skin. I wish I could use this product, though, because the color is perfect!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

this is very lightweight and feels velvety soft. it works well applied with a brush or fingers. i do really like it, but it tends to turn kinda orange-y after about half an hour...but i noticed it made a huge difference when i applied my mac prep + prime finishing powder over it and it doesn't change color on me at all and lasts all day. it looks very natural and u can't even feel it, and yet the coverage is medium.. i have redness on my cheeks and chin and around the nose, and this alone covers the redness.. i truely love it except i always have to remember to put on the finishing powder.

on 2/27/2011 8:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

EDIT: I stopped using Fit Me, but after wearing this foundation I noticed it broke me out. Although this will vary by person, I wanted to mention this.

When I first heard of Fit Me I wasn't the least bit interested in trying it because a) Maybelline shades have previously been a $10 headache and b) Since L'Oreal owns Maybelline I figured they repackaged True Match for a little employee bonus (I was proven wrong when the ingredients list came out, however.) I got a magazine page sample chart (the one shown in the photos) and figured, why not? I swatched all of the miniscule amount of testers of light shades and the most blendable was 125 Nude Beige. 120 matched but had an odd gray/white tone to it that didn't work for me. The shades that end in 5 are supposed to be cool toned, but 125 in particular seems neutral. Despite this the only reason I tried Fit Me was that I had coupons and store sales that totaled the foundation to $1.79.

The packaging is sleek but impractical, as previously noted. A foundation without a pump doesn't necessarily bother me as much as a thick foundation without a pump. Fit Me has a light, creamy texture that will be a major PITA to get out of the container as it gets used up. Fit Me had a tolerable but odd scent of Oil of Olay mixed with suntan lotion. It applied very smoothly and evenly with a standard foundation brush. The coverage is light. Very, very light. Not "a step up from a tinted moisturizer" light, but rather it IS a tinted moisturizer. Smells, feels, looks, and covers like one. This concealed barely anything and did nothing more than leave a slight sheen and slightly more even skin. As someone with mild acne and moderate pigmentation issues, this isn't appreciated. I was able to build True Match but this is not buildable whatsoever. The foundation looks fresh for a few hours before noticeably breaking down. I also noticed that this foundation transfers easily, mainly because I found it to not "set" well, leaving a tacky feel even after a powdering.

I would recommend Fit Me only to those who want a sheer to light foundation that is easy to blend and work with. Personally, I will not buy Fit Me again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu