November 24, 2014 | 1986 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2004 8:29:00 PM More reviews by gerly1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has to be one of the worst things I ever did to my face. It caused me to have major breakouts. In fact I have had no luck with this line at all. It made my skin so greasy and oily I'm still trying to correct the problems it caused. I do love the bath products and and Amazing Grace Is my HG for perfume, I hate there skin care. Way to expensive for what you get, and the trouble it causes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 3:28:00 AM More reviews by rachelseven

My HG night cream, and I hope I never have to do without it again! I didn't start serious skin care until early this year when I turned 36, and after tearing through a jillion sample packets of almost everything on the market, someone swapped me a jar of this. What a godsend! Hydrates my skin, eases fine lines, conditions my complexion, and refines the heck out of everything. The smell doesn't bother me at all and I've found that if you rub rub rub it in with a gently circular motion, it sinks in completely and doesn't sit on the surface of your skin. Doesn't break me out, which is amazing for me, and really does what it promises to do. I use it during the day from time to time after sunning, because it instantly eases accidental overexposure and puts moisture back into my skin. Otherwise, it's my nightly ritual, and I never go to bed without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2004 7:44:00 PM More reviews by linlinlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first opened the package I noticed that the smell was really weird and I hate it.. but I put it on anyway and went straight to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night because of something soooo smellyyyyy in my bedroom. I thought I must've left the window open and the smell just got in. It took me for a while to realize that the smell came from my face. ewwwww.... I washed my face right away. I don't know if this product works but I can't afford my face to smell like this.

Smell it before you buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2004 9:41:00 PM More reviews by LDDC

I have tried so many different face creams that one might think they were in a department store should they open my medicine cabinet. Hope in a Jar is the one that I always repurchase, due to the fact that it actually improves my skins texture, give me a healthy glow and also helps fade my dark spots. Save yourself the trouble of trying a million creams and just give this one a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2004 11:22:00 AM More reviews by staci23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product! I have sensitive skin and this gives me just what my skin needs, hydration. It has kept my skin balanced and clear and it's never greasy. It does not feel like it sits on top of the skin, rather it sinks in. This leaves me with a healthy glow and I'm happy with the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2004 5:56:00 PM More reviews by queenmarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer. When I first smelled it, I was a little put off, but the more I used it and saw the results, well I associate the smell with my glowy skin and don't mind it one bit. I love the souffle texture and it only takes a pea size for me. I am oily-not extremely though, and this is the first moisturizer that didn't make me look like an oil slick by 10 am. I mix Hope and a Prayer with it in the am and follow with the Present. LOVE IT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2004 10:18:00 PM More reviews by petunia333

Great stuff - first moisturizer that I've loved. Doesn't go on greasy - is like whipped cream for your face. Only reason I don't give it a rating of 5 is that it isn't the greatest as a primer for my foundation - and also has no sunscreen. But I still love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2004 10:37:00 PM More reviews by star13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, I really like how this works...Nice smooth glowy skin. But, unfortunately I cannot abide by my face smelling like wet dog. The smell is revolting-subtle, long-lasting and canine. So gross...I need to go wash my face (again) now.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2004 7:43:00 AM More reviews by rebmyen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was given a generous sample of Hope In A Jar. I tried it on two occasions and found it (both times) to be so-so. It felt good going on, but the moisture it provided seemed to diminish very quickly.

I don't think the scent is bad, as some people here have described, but it is medicinal in nature (not a pretty smell). It reminds me a little of Noxema... although it's a little more emollient. Bottom line: Perhaps a step above your average drug store brand, but I don't think it's worth near the asking price. I guess I expect more from a moisturizer in this price ($35) range. For that reason, I'm giving it a overall value of 2. Not to mention, there are a lot of other moisturizers out there in the same price range (or less) that are much better. Just my opinion. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2004 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Babalax

I really wanted to love this product. It did nothing special for my skin. I just don't think it is worth the price.