September 14, 2014 | 1969 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2004 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jewel911

I am so suprised to read some of the reviews for this product. I do not smell anything bad about Hope In A Jar. I use it daily and although I can't say it is a miracle product, it keeps my skin looking fresh. The texture of this product is the best, very soft and it is lightweight. I have combination skin but I don't break out very often. I think it is ideal for young women showing early signs of aging but don't need wrinkle creams other similar products yet. I started using it after the birth of my first child when I felt like I aged overnight. Philosophy is the first skin care line that I used. Works for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2004 2:18:00 AM More reviews by alyssamg

After having good results with some other Philosophy products, I was excited to try this - received in swap, opened it and EEWWWW!! My nose, my nose!!! It literally triggered a very bad reaction - I kept thinking of Noxema gone horribly, horribly wrong!! I have tried several times to actually use it and I just can't get it to my face. Some things in life are just not worth it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2004 11:50:00 AM More reviews by glamourcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know this product has an almost cult-like following, lots of people like it but I'm not one of them. It was way too greasy and heavy for my skin and it has a horrible medicinal smell to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2004 12:36:00 PM More reviews by kjbassick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. I NEVER buy the same thing twice and have gone back 3 times for this one. No greasiness, but completely moisturizing. My skin looks great.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2004 1:57:00 PM More reviews by mirah

I hated this product- tried it a while back and actually gave it away promptly. The smell was terrible and it did not sink into the skin well at all. So many moisturizers offer great treatment benefits and have a nice texture and scent- why use this one?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2004 9:09:00 AM More reviews by tasty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. Since receiving it for Christmas, it has become my staple moisturizer. I use it in conjunction with Philosophy's Purity cleanser and my self is virtually flawless. It is veyr thick and after I'm done using it, my skin feel like it has taken a huge gulp of water.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 1:41:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

Philosophy's skin care products are truly disappointing (although I love their body care). First, this has lactic acid and AHA's. This was very gentle though. The texture of this cream is like a light soufle. I have dry skin and this didn't moisturize enough. Also, this has a noticable medicine scent that I couldn't stand. I'll stick to my Darphin Arovita C cream!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2004 7:33:00 AM More reviews by beauty_junky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am using this over Help Me and my skin is looking pretty good. Poors look a bit smaller. I have dry skin so I also bought the hydrate kit which includes the dry sensitive skin moisturizer by philosophy and I find that when I use that one my poors look bigger and I feel like I have thick cream on my face. This one does the job better its just right. Two thumbs up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

O.K. got this disappointing moisturizer along with the purity cleanser. What is it with the smell? can't stand it! and where is the glow that was promised?
the texture is that of whipped cream, and just like glob of fat, it just lays there, i mean i could REALLY feel it on my face and it wasn't a nice sensation--i just had to go wash it off. I had high expectations with this "pharmaceutical" line, but alas, my skin hates it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2004 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Stardom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really dont like this cream!! It leave my face greasy even I am very dry skin type :(
Fortunately it was a sample i got before going to purchase.