Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I love the way that it makes my skin look and feel. I really like the consistency-mousse like and it sinks in immediately. I have three issues with it-the smell, the lack of SPF protection, and the fact that it comes in a jar. The smell is the one that did me in. It's pretty bad when you put on your moisturizer at night, climb into bed to give your husband a kiss, and he asks, "What is that awful smell?" Not good. I went back to my chanel age delay serum and rectifiance night cream. It smells much better, and hey, it's Chanel.

I love this product. I'd been eyeing it for a while but had been using La Mer (I love La Mer but the $$ is making me not love it so much anymore.) This is so similar to La Mer in its results. My skin looks amazing. I have normal/oily. The texture is perfect, not greasy not too thin. I don't mind the smell so much even though I'm not a huge lavender fan. It's been working wonderfully as a night time moisturizer. I'd recommend this to anyone. :)

love, LOVE ,LOVE this. My skin is bad. I mean bad. For years I had to stick to harsh acne soap and never used mosturizer because every change aggravated my super oily, cystic ance prone skin. My dermatologist reccomended Cetaphil during some especially harsh acne treatments but I hated it. It didn't get my makeup off and if I used a cotten pad to take it off, even that aggravated my acne. So now I am 30 and I am still breaking out and am as oily as an oil slick. I switched derms and he told me I could be actually making myself oilier by using acne washes (acne aid soap, neutrogena acne wash, etc) becuase they are so drying, your skin makes more oil to compensate. What to do? I have to keep my acne under control somehow. Then I tried the philosophy line and my skin totally loves it. I cleanse at night using Purity cleanser (actually takes off makeup unlike Cetaphil), apply BHA, let it dry, and then slather on this morsturizer. My skin looks better than it has in a long time. Not perfect but a lot better. And the most important thing is it doesn't break me out like Oil of Olay or other products I have tried. I actually like the scent but I am much too oily to wear it under make up and use it only as a night cream so the smell doesnt make a difference. You can get a sample of this a Sephora. It's worth a try and my oil has been reduced by this.

I'm very picky about my facial products - since I never wear foundation, I need something that will make my skin glow when it's bare. I have combination skin that is a bit sensitive. I wanted a change from my HG moisturizer that I have been using for 5 years (H2O+ Face Oasis) & bought Hope in a Jar [for all skin types]. I love the light texture - it does instantly absorb into skin. I like applying this when my face is slightly damp right after I wash it. I can apply this to my eye area without any irritation. It makes my combination skin feel clean & hydrated - it's the perfect base for my cream blush. I find that my skin stays comfortable & happy all day. And while I still love my H2O, I am glad that I found another moisturizer that keeps my skin happy. After 3 days I saw that 'glow' that the jar mentions - I woke up & my skin looked rosy & fresh. Love it! I am really surprised how everyone complains about the smell - to me this smells lightly of lavender oil (which makes sense, since it contains lavender oil!). To me, the scent is fresh, clean & natural - it fades right after application. Much better than a heavy fake floral fragrance. I rip the cotton off one end of a q-tip and use the q-tip stick to get some moisturizer out of the jar. This way I won't contaminate the jar & it's easy to toss the q-tip afterwards.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is the worst moisturizer I have ever put on my face and I can't stand the smell of it!!!!It's horrible and you couldn't pay me to wear this stuff.

This is the best moisturizer I've ever used. I have combination, acne-prone skin, and most moisturizers make the oily parts too oily. Hope in a Jar doesn't. It makes my face very soft and actually seems to cut down on the shine in the oily areas, and it does not make my skin break out. The texture is unusual--kind of like a mousse--and it sinks right into the skin. I only need to use a tiny dab (about half the size of my fingertip) to cover my whole face. It does have a slightly medicinal smell, but that didn't bother me, and although it's expensive ($35 at Sephora) it has lasted me an entire year.

I think this is a wonderful hydrating product. I am 47 and am using their retinal capsules at night and this hydrates my skin all day.

Not a fan of the smell - however, this does not break out my skin - so I can put up with the smell. Really like this product - and would buy again. Update (3/9) - Quit using this.. did not really see that is was doing much for my skin?

i *LOVE* philosophy! this moisturizer is amazing!.. just a little bit goes a long way. it makes my skin feel so hydrated and clean, totally not greasy or weighed down by oily products. a MUST for people with normal to dry skin! catch philosophy on qvc.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Lost lippies because it's in a jar and expensive. Lot's of lippies because it is so hydrating and I love the smell! $35 Sephora.com or Nordstrom.