October 21, 2014 | 2052 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2004 5:56:00 PM More reviews by queenmarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer. When I first smelled it, I was a little put off, but the more I used it and saw the results, well I associate the smell with my glowy skin and don't mind it one bit. I love the souffle texture and it only takes a pea size for me. I am oily-not extremely though, and this is the first moisturizer that didn't make me look like an oil slick by 10 am. I mix Hope and a Prayer with it in the am and follow with the Present. LOVE IT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2004 10:18:00 PM More reviews by petunia333

Great stuff - first moisturizer that I've loved. Doesn't go on greasy - is like whipped cream for your face. Only reason I don't give it a rating of 5 is that it isn't the greatest as a primer for my foundation - and also has no sunscreen. But I still love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2004 10:37:00 PM More reviews by star13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, I really like how this works...Nice smooth glowy skin. But, unfortunately I cannot abide by my face smelling like wet dog. The smell is revolting-subtle, long-lasting and canine. So gross...I need to go wash my face (again) now.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2004 7:43:00 AM More reviews by rebmyen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was given a generous sample of Hope In A Jar. I tried it on two occasions and found it (both times) to be so-so. It felt good going on, but the moisture it provided seemed to diminish very quickly.

I don't think the scent is bad, as some people here have described, but it is medicinal in nature (not a pretty smell). It reminds me a little of Noxema... although it's a little more emollient. Bottom line: Perhaps a step above your average drug store brand, but I don't think it's worth near the asking price. I guess I expect more from a moisturizer in this price ($35) range. For that reason, I'm giving it a overall value of 2. Not to mention, there are a lot of other moisturizers out there in the same price range (or less) that are much better. Just my opinion. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2004 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Babalax

I really wanted to love this product. It did nothing special for my skin. I just don't think it is worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2004 8:18:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl7

I love this product! The smell...what smell? My skin is glowing, gives me a rosy, healthy color I didn't have before. Along with the Purity cleanser I am very happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2004 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jewel911

I am so suprised to read some of the reviews for this product. I do not smell anything bad about Hope In A Jar. I use it daily and although I can't say it is a miracle product, it keeps my skin looking fresh. The texture of this product is the best, very soft and it is lightweight. I have combination skin but I don't break out very often. I think it is ideal for young women showing early signs of aging but don't need wrinkle creams other similar products yet. I started using it after the birth of my first child when I felt like I aged overnight. Philosophy is the first skin care line that I used. Works for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2004 2:18:00 AM More reviews by alyssamg

After having good results with some other Philosophy products, I was excited to try this - received in swap, opened it and EEWWWW!! My nose, my nose!!! It literally triggered a very bad reaction - I kept thinking of Noxema gone horribly, horribly wrong!! I have tried several times to actually use it and I just can't get it to my face. Some things in life are just not worth it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2004 11:50:00 AM More reviews by glamourcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know this product has an almost cult-like following, lots of people like it but I'm not one of them. It was way too greasy and heavy for my skin and it has a horrible medicinal smell to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2004 12:36:00 PM More reviews by kjbassick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. I NEVER buy the same thing twice and have gone back 3 times for this one. No greasiness, but completely moisturizing. My skin looks great.