Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 12/24/2009 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I purchased this because I managed to get it for 3 dollars.
I like this mascara, it is definitely one of the better mascaras that I have tried. It gives you a lot of volume, a bit of seperation, and a tad of lengthening. It can be a bit tricky to apply, if you do it one way; it will be clumpy. Another way; it will leave clumps at the end of the lashes.
I would choose lashblast over this mascara any day because: 1. Lashblast is easier to apply. 2. You dont have to risk clumps. 3. Lashblast just looks better. Better volume, lengthening and definition.
This mascara can make you look...well, the opposite of classy. If too much is applied you may look like you are trying to hard.

I wouldn't recc. this to people, instead; get Lashblast.

on 12/24/2009 9:34:00 PM

Well , the first time i tried this product it kinda clumped. It did lengthen though, which is what i wanted but overall i think it gets to clumpy and when i curled my lashes it was all gross and stuff. I'm pretty dissapointed cuz i heard a lot of good stuff about it on here but everyones eyelashes are different.!

on 12/23/2009 6:09:00 PM

I love this mascara. I avoided buying it for the longest time
because I heard mainly mediocre things about it. It is heavenly
on my lashes! I love how it looks on my lashes - it makes them
full, thick, and very dark. I don't even need to layer other mascaras
with it to feel like my lashes are dramatic enough :). It's a gem!

on 12/22/2009 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a great little mascara. Doesn't clump, and stays in place. I purchased the waterproof version and applied two coats of this, topped by a coat of Lash Stilletto. Overall effect was very fake eyelash, no clumping, smudging or flaking, didn't irritate my eyes at all. I've been using Diorshow Iconic mascara for over a year, which I like, but my bf had a hot little shower thing he wanted to try so I had to quickly pick up something waterproof. I honestly didn't see much dif between this and the Diorshow, except obviously the price was much better and since these were waterproof they didn't smudge and run down my face. Very nice and definitely worth the price. I might just switch to this and save myself a few bucks.

on 12/22/2009 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this mascara....definitely buy again. I have super sensitive skin, and everything irritates my skin, but this one didn't. It lengthened my lashes and there is no flaking. Definitely will be in my makeup bag again and again!

on 12/22/2009 10:32:00 AM

I love this mascara. One lippie away due to the odd fragrance. It would receive a total 5 if it didn't have a weird smell to it. Luckily it goes away! I own this mascara in Glam Black and Glam Brown and wear it most days. It is a very good everyday mascara, but I tend to wear something else when I am looking for a very dramatic eye look. Great product!

on 12/20/2009 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I truly love this mascara. I used the waterproof version of this when I was attending a funeral and no smudging or anything. gave my lashes a nice look.

This is my favorite mascara, it makes me look like I have fake eyelashes on.

on 12/19/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i hate how this smells of rose.. why??? it's a product used close enough to the nose that it's not wearable, for me anyways. i have no problems with clumping.. i apply 2 coats and i get good results.. i wouldnt buy this again just cuz of the rose scent. very unnecessary.

on 12/19/2009 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A limerick review for Maybelline's The Colossal.

Although it pains me to admit,
The "volume!" hype is quite legit.
I've grown rather fond
Of the chubbier wand
But oh my God, this smells like... poop.