November 26, 2014 | 1693 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by jgw

i love this!! mac's select spf broke me out really badly so i bought this in an emergency because i didn't want to keep using the mac. to my surprise i loved this so much more, it has a lot of staying power and it's a lot better than most of the "high end" foundations i've tried (clinique, mac, benefit etc). i'm definitely considering buying this again

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by trangxln

I've been looking for a new liquid foundation because I didn't want to spend $30 on a foundation. I decided to try the True Match because of it's price. It was cheaper than the other brands.

After using it for a few days, I found that this product is just okay. I don't have oily skin but with this product, at the end of the day my face is very oily. I did use a powder finish and my face was still shiny. W4 matched my skin very well. I wouldn't buy this product again unless I am desperate.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by cancerofthepuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so close to being Holy Grail for me and after trying many foundations I would have to say it's definitely my favorite. The coverage is fantastic (think Revlon Colorstay), it doesn't break me out, but is a tad drying for my aging skin, as long as I used a good moisturizer though it's fine. It has a slight shimmery look to it but doesn't look disco-y at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by ChickenTenders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hello, flawless! For reference: I have clear skin with very minor pink scarring near my chin. I was browsing through the makeup aisles at CVS looking for a nice liquid for back-to-school shopping. I usually wear powder, but powder looks bad under harsh light. I checked out Colorstay, but couldn't find a match. So, I checked out this stuff. I found a match immediately, (W2 - Light Ivory) which I thought was strange because I usually fall into a neutral category. This matched PERFECTLY and, trust me, I am very particular about matching. I checked in all different kinds of light. This product has a bit of shimmer, but not OTT. It doesn't enlarge my already large pores. **ALSO** I found the trick to applying this, ladies. I squeeze a dab of moisturizer on the outside of my hand, add a drop or two of this product and mix. Then apply with my finger. It leaves a very sheer, non-masky finish and feeling. Those with the mask problem, give this technique a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by danipoops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like and also dislike this!! I love it as I have very dry skin and its kind of oily which makes it very blendable and smooth on my skin however it does not last :( By mid day my skin turns greasy which is unusal for me! When I touch my face it just rubs off and kind of desolves away! I should maybe set this with a powder but I HATE powders because of my dry skin and have never been able to find a decent one!
Anyway - I would buy this again and again as I hate the hassle of finding a new foundation!! xx

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by spookycat

I gave this one star instead of none at all, because it's been one of the only foundations I've ever found that matches my pale skin.
However, I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this made it break out really bad. Also, it doesn't look as natural as I'd like it to.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a love hate relationship for this foundation. This foundation gives decent coveration, and also a dewy finish. It would be much better if this foundation came with a pump, I always end up wasting product. To me this foundation sort of of feels weird on the skin, like it kind of feels a bit greasy. If i touch my face during the day it would feel like grease on my face. Its kind of gross. I will continue to use this foundation up, but I don't think I will be repurchasing anytime soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ayukawa7m

I bought this fdtn because of the high ranking review. It does doing a good job, light weight, won't set into pores and fine lines, HOWEVER, just like other reviewers said, it does tend to oxidize after a few hours' application. One time I went to school and after 3 hours' of class, my face turned orange and I dare not to use it again! (It's just too shameful that my face turned darker and darker in front of all the classmates!) Although I like its glowy finish and not seeing into my huge pores, I decided not to buy it again. If it's not for it's oxidizing, it could be my HG liquid fdtn.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by camo4mamo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation in the winter, and it's very very very pale on me. It makes me look like a ghost now that it's summer - just a tip, MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that this foundation matches your FACE. My wrist happened to be lighter than my face. Anyhow, that out of the way, I love this foundation. It has the most amazing build able coverage I have seen in a foundation. And trust me, I've tried a lot. I don't even need a concealer with this. It covers my blemishes better than my MAC products and Bare Minerals. I definitely recommend it. The only downfall is it can make your blemishes look a little drier then they actually are, and it doesn't last too long without a primer, but otherwise, I love this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by iloveyourlips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wore this for around a year because I was too lazy to look for a new foundation - ha! It can be a stressful task - but now that I have my new foundation (Studio Gear Matte - HALLELUJAH) I can see several flaws in this...

First of all, it doesn't last. Initial application is smooth but it quickly disintegrates and dissolves into your skin and/or wipes off with any accidental contact. Powder may have helped to set it better.

Second, it quickly loses its powder finish and becomes greasy (in my case, in my T zone). Again, powder may have cured this as well.

Third, it wasn't buildable. You couldn't add any layers because it caked up a bit.

The bright side is that this seemed to work great for my sensitive skin! That's why I used it for so long. For drug store foundation this stuff really is not bad at all!