August 23, 2014 | 1359 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 5:27:00 AM More reviews by youampersandme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this foundation -- the coverage is light yet "diffuses" minor redness. I've received comments that my skin looks "beautiful without makeup" while wearing this, which is really what I prefer -- I love formulations that don't look like makeup sitting on the skin. The liquid is easy to blend and the matte finish doesn't add any shine to my very oily t-zone. It can accentuate dry skin, so for my normal to dry areas I often use a light moisturizer or serum beforehand. The shade I purchased (W4) looks natural and matches my skin tone well. A huge plus is the SPF 17 in the formula -- I don't need to use a sunscreen beforehand, which can be tricky with my t-zone. I think this is a good foundation for oily and combination skin types to try. I don't find it to be long-wearing, though -- I've never worn it for more than 6 hours without a touch-up, so that can be a downside, depending on your needs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I think it's wonderful the way this foundation is actually sorted at the store into warm, neutral, and cool shades. I have pale, cool skin and since foundations so often look similar in the bottle, and nothing like how they look on my face, I have a hard time even figuring out which shades are warm and which are cool. I bought C1 - Alabaster, which is the best color match I have ever had. The texture of this is unique - it's got this satiny feel on my face - those who find it unpleasant would consider it to be more of a papery texture. It strikes me as a bit odd, but it doesn't bother me. The coverage is moderate, but wears off. I like the formulation and texture of Clinique's Even Better foundation but their closest color match (also Alabaster, but a neutral shade) comes off a bit yellow on me. Ideally I would like Clinique's Even Better to come in Loreal's C1 shade and I would buy forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by boomygrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far, I'm very impressed with this foundation. I have very oily, acne-prone skin, that's also sensitive..go figure.
My HG so far is MUFE Mat Velvet Plus, but this is a close second and at a fraction of the price (plus, it's easier to buy...the grocery store vs. driving across town to Sephora).
This is my second day to wear it. Very very little oxidation and not until the end of the day. My face does look shiney by the middle of the day, but it does with all foundations.
The color selection is awesome.
I was so frustrated with the inaccessibility of my HG makeup. I went across town, forgot which shade I usually get, I picked the wrong one, and now I'm stuck with it because I'm just too lazy to return it. With L'Oreal True Match, it's at my grocery store, just 2 miles away!
I want to give it a few more days try before declaring it as an HG, but it's ranking at least a close second right now.
Will update later.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Kate63

I'm on day 3 of this foundation. i switched back to liquid foundation after discovering on here that my bare minerals was the cause of my breakouts. i like it for blendability, though i could use a little more coverage. i have rosacea on my cheeks and nose, so i use the green smashbox primer with this. its ok covering it up with that, i just wish it lasted a little longer. i use n6 i think. classic tan anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by rossabelle

good coverage , easy to blend n very affordable - on days that i have to splurge on the very cheap makeup, i'll go for this !

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by bleudolphin

I decided to try liquid foundation again. I use the powder version of this and love it. I am a W1 so I got that in the liquid. It was way to light. I also have large pores so it just filled them in leaving me with dots. I do like the lightness of the foundation. It dries to a powder. I will stick to the powder.
Update:
I decided to give this another try. I like the way this evens out my skin tone. It does fill up my large pores but if I use powder over it to set it helps to make that disappear. I have very oily skin so on hot days my face is very greasy looking. This might work better in the fall/winter months. I will have to try it again. As for now I will stick to the true match powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by divergrrl

I think liquid cream foundations are difficult to match with skin, and I have tried dozens of different brands.

Bare Minerals, EL Doublewear, Lancome Teint Idole, Bobbi Brown Oil Free even finish, Bobbi Brown Skin, Bobbie Brown Oil Free, and I cannot for the life of me find something with a medium coverage that matches my skin tone.

I have tried this once before & found it to be too white on my pale skin, it looked mask-ey.

However, with a current BOGO sale at Walgreens I figured I could grab a few shades & play mix-n-match. I have N2, N3, W1, & W3. I think I should have grabbed W2. My feeling is that the warm shades mixed work best for me.

I applied over moisturizer/sunscreen & MAC Strobe Liquid & I look really good.

Wearability: Excellent, I taught a hip hop class yesterday, sweated up a storm & it stayed put without powder to set it.

I like the way it looks on my skin, the finish is soft & clean. I see from the reviews that this is available now in a pump, which is my preference, its easier to mix together with a pump.

I think the main issue with this foundation (or any) is that once you can find a coverage you like/finish/staying power etc...is getting the shade right. That is so hard. Mixing colors is often neccessary & you have to play with it to get it right.

I do my foundation & then go out into my car & check my face in the rear view mirror with outside light....that's where I can tell if my color matches. Pain in the arse, but what can you do?

Walgreens has this priced at $10.49 a bottle with a BOGO right now (5/26/09) and Ulta is $8.99..I can't wait to get it in the pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by akszp4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find it very hard to find makeup that matches my skin tone without being too dark or too light. But this works perfectly! I mix the foundation with lotion because my face tends to dry out easily and still get great coverage. The best part of the foundation is that the product is very lightwight and blends out well.

I gave the price a 4 because our local Walgreens charges about ten dollars for a bottle and I go through one of these in about a month and a half wheras covergirl foundation is about the smae proce and tend t last me about 2. I always try to stock up during BOGO sales though. The packaging got a 3 because I wish it came with a pump so I could better control the amount coming out of the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by xBrazenx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is pretty impressive. The color range is fantastic (for drugstore or HE lines, IMO) and it is, indeed, very blendable. I have yet to wear this for an extended period of time, so I can't speak to how it wears throughout the day or it's affect on my skin. Nevertheless, I can definitely see this becoming a regular in my make up rotation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Aharms

This is a wonderful basic foundation. The shade selection is great. I am very fair and was able to find a shade that matched me perfectly. The coverage is very sheer, (evens skin tone and covers minor spots) which is what I wanted so it doesnt bother me. However it says its buildable but I havent tried. I've been wearing it a month and it hasn't broken me out and I am VERY acne prone. It is rather expensive for a drugstore brand considering the amount you get, but I just mix a little drop in my moisturizer most of the time so its perfect for me. Oh, and I do love the tiny bit of shimmer in it. Not enough to make you any shinier than you want (already oily!), but it does give skin a beautiful glow.