July 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for years, and was recommended to use it by my cousin who is a Doctor. What people need to realize is that this is a harsh scrub, IF it is used 2x daily, like most people use their facial cleansers. This is an EXFOLIATOR, not an everyday scrub. It is recommended to exfoliate 2-3 days a week, so for that it is the most inexpensive/affective exfoliating scrub you can buy. It leaves your skin feeling very clean after, and very soft, and smooth. A real HG exfoliator especially for the price. So, the reason for all of the harsh reviews, is because you are not supposed to use this daily.. use it 2 to 3x a week tops. Use something gentler like Cetaphil for everyday use. Anyways, I love this, will continue to buy it, everytime I run out, and it really is a great product, gives your face a nice glow after using, and like I said your face will be feeling super soft & smooth after use. Great for acne prone..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by queenofdisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was hesitant to even bother with this because I thought it might irritate my skin due to some reviews I read about it being so harsh but I really love it! I love the smell, I love how my face feels afterwards, and it definitely does absolutely no damage whatsoever to my skin. My face feels healthier and I am breaking out less!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2007 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Brightbelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the worst products you can possibly use on your skin! It's way too abrasive for one thing. More importantly, it's full of ingredients that are harmful (fragrance, lanolin, etc). Your better off scrubbing your face with cat litter.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2007 5:57:00 AM More reviews by 1QTPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one product that truly made me break out. It's as bad as the Apricot mask to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

I loved the old formula. This new one is yucky, clumps together, doesn't scrub as well yet its very coarse, and reeks of fruity synthetic apricot. I wouldn't even use it on my butt. It's horrible!!! The old one had a clean scent to it, cause it was fragrance free. The ingredients feel so cheap. I'll never ever use it again. And I used it since I was 13.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 12:07:00 AM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product didn't do much for my skin, blemish wise, however it was a good exfoliator... It also really irritated it some days especially with the fragrance in it.
I would not buy this again... I will stick with my aspirin mask!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by hadle1sc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the worst skin imaginable in the sense that it is sensitive and can be dry, but that it's also slightly combo/mild blemish prone. It used to be a nightmare, but this scrub in the blemish prone formula or the regular formula combined with Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer is the only routine that keeps my face clear and soft. Definitely give it a try if you have skin like mine, but don't try to scrub too hard. The bits of apricot core do the trick all on their own.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by icey6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just began using this product 2 weeks ago. I will update my review if I find any difference once I get thru the product.

That being said, I'm satisfied with the apricot scrub right now. I use it in the morning (every morning) - I find that giving my face a scrub with an exfoliating product is a great way to feel awakened. Its does a thorough job of cleansing and doesn't leave my face feeling too dry. The exfoliating bits are harsh (1 lippie off as many products now have micro beads which are more gentle) but it is very effective. You WILL look clean and my skin tends to have a more glowly look all day.

However, this is definately not for those with sensitive/dry skin. I also wouldn't recommend if you have bad acne as its going to aggravate the problem. I have minimal acne, if at all, and its more hormonal than anything else. I also tend toward oily skin, but now moderated because of the weather.

I bought the tub version at Walgreens and it was around 3-4 dollars. I expect this to last me many months, you don't need a lot. Next time I would purchase the tube - I find the bits get stuck under my nails when I take it out of the tub (and I've gotten something like that stuck under the nail and nearly infected before).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2007 5:11:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It does the job of exfoliating, but to harsh for my face. I love how clean and smooth my face feels afterwards but it only agrivated my acne because it was to harsh and made more pop up. Used it for a long time before i realized it was a root of a few breakouts (years LOL). I found out from an SA at nordstroms that overly abrassive scrubs only make acne worse...wish i knew that before. Love it but it doesnt seem to love me back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is alright. It definitely does the job, but I find the walnut grains are a bit too abrasive. I've since found other scrubs that are more gentle, so I probably won't purchase this one again.