St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 4/8/2008 10:47:00 AM

I have used this several times in the past. The first time using, it made a noticeable difference to my face, soft and smooth. But if I used it on a continued basis, it would really irritate my skin after awhile. I didn't have any major issues with it, but I think it seemed to break me out too. I have found other scrubs I like better, but this one isn't a bad choice to at least try. So, I wouldn't buy it again, but wouldn't necessarily not recommend it to someone, because it might work better for someone else.

on 4/7/2008 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

it makes my face SOOOO soft after i use this...but it kind of wears away. But i really like this scrub, i mean, i got it for like around 3 dollars at walmart..like wats not to like. just make sure only use this occasionally or it will dry out ur skin...that goes with all scrubs/exoliators!

on 4/6/2008 4:00:00 AM

This worked great the first time I used it. It felt good to put on, and I loved the amount of the particles. Afterwards my skin glowed and looked very healthy.

I used it once to twice a week for a few months, and suddenly noticed that it did not do much for me any more. I also got more breakouts. At that time, I did not care much for looking at ingredients, so when I read up on it, I was shocked! A week after I stopped using it, my face was much happier. A sesame oil + sugar scrub is much-much more comfortable.

on 4/4/2008 4:40:00 PM

I have dry acne prone skin that tends to get a bit flaky. This is great for making my skin clean and smooth and not drying it out more. It also doesn't seem to irritate my skin which is a plus. I love the smell and you can't beat the price of course! I've also found that it works well as a body/foot scrub.

on 4/4/2008 1:58:00 PM

Purchased this because I recently ran out of Biore exfoliator, figured it was cheap, and I heard good things. My friends lied to me. Lol. I found the particles in product were too big, and there weren't enough of them. Packaging was alright, but the actual smell of the product, and it's overall performance weren't. I will stick to my Biore, and pitch this in the trash.

on 4/4/2008 1:42:00 PM

Awesome, use this as my weekly scrub. Makes my face feel clean and gets rid of those flakies. Too bad I live in Sweden, I'm running out and I can't buy it here.

on 4/4/2008 11:28:00 AM

This scrubby works - removes makeup, mildly polishes/exfoliates my face. It's better than some of the pricier face scrubs out there. My face didn't breakout or react badly. It's a great price and a good buy.

on 4/3/2008 2:05:00 PM

I was recently scolded by a makeup artist for using this product on my face. She explained that the scrubby bits in it are jagged and therefore a bad idea to use on pretty much anything but my feet. She went on to suggest that I use a face exfoliater with tiny perfectly round scrubby things in, as these will not scratch up my skin. It makes sense, and I have learned my lesson. I will purchase this product again for foot and probably body exfoliation.

on 4/2/2008 9:41:00 AM

I agree that the St. Ives Apricot formulation works and works well, and even has a pleasant smell, but it has Propylene Glycol and a host of other chemicals I'd rather not put on my face. I've had excellent results with Burt's Bees facial scrub and also just plain sugar, or better yet, sugar mixed with poppy seeds and blended with a little tea tree oil. Much better for your face and astringent to boot. I wouldn't buy this product again, though you can find it now at discount stores for about $2-3.

on 4/2/2008 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. I use it once a week on my face and it gets it really smooth. Forget expensive masks. The key isn't the scrub, it's how you use it. Rub small circles virgorously (not so it hurts) all over. The circles are key. That's how facialists get your skin so smooth. I love this stuff because it's cheap and it gets the job done really well. I've been using this for 7 years now. I think they changed the scent though. It used to smell delicious and natural and now it smells a bit to perfumey. Oh well.