December 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2008 3:14:00 AM More reviews by rainyreverie

I decided to listen to Allure magazine and went out and purchased this scrub. It feels nice like it's really exfoliating your skin. I didn't notice any major difference in my skin quality or appearance but I continued to use it anyway about once or twice a week. I didn't want to overuse it because my skin can get dry. Then, I went into a spa to get a facial and the technician was asking me what products I use. When I told her I use the apricot scrub she was quite disappointed. She said she can't lecture people enough about staying away from this product and was appalled that it continues to be sold. The exfoliant is walnut shells. She said that their irregular shape and jagged edges actually microscopically tear your skin. One of her clients used this scrub for many many years and is now left with poor, inflamed skin. I was so glad I hadn't been using the scrub for that long. I know it's a very popular product but perhaps it's only because people only see the negative effects after a long period of time. There are other alternatives that use less harsh exfoliants. Since this review isn't based on first-hand experience, you can take it or leave it but I will not be purchasing this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by lgoddard2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so who doesn't have a tube of this stuff stashed somewhere? I think I've gone through a million of these since I first started using it years ago. It has always been my stand-by scrub. However, I used it last night, and it made my face so incredibly dry. I was not happy. It was so drying my skin looked like it was going to start flaking. Gross! I will not ever be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by hebamo

I absolutley ADORE this stuff (and so does my boyfriend!) I get the one that's medicated and it keeps me from breaking out while making my face feel skily smooth. I've used a few exfoliating creams but found this one to be the best, and cheapest at around $3.50 CAD at Wal-Mart. I find when I use this, my face looks glowing and my makeup looks better when I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Dorothy_M

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for ages and I love it. I have oily skin and this is just the ticket for me. It is also great used on the feet, elbows and rough backs of arms. It's cheap, effective, does not leave an oily mess in the shower and the packaging is convenient and safe to use with wet hands.

Will continue to buy as long as they keep making it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by black55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This scrub is great. I use it every other day or so when I need that deep clean feeling. Usually a product I always have around, I like the one that says for blemishes and blackheads/oily skin the best. Definitely worth a try, very cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by suey421

This is a rather decent scrub for the price. It does a good job of exfoliating without over drying or over stripping the skin. For the price I think this is a staple for everyone's bathroom beauty cabinet. It cleans the skin and leaves it soft and smooth. Its like the Great Lash of exfoliators, cheap and gets the job done.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by noisylove

This makes a great body scrub, but after I finished my Clinique 7 Day Scrub sample and went back to St. Ives, I had more break-outs and suspect it is from using this scrub. The Apricot Scrub is great for your body, but it seems to be too harsh for facial skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by hellodolly18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to buy it all the time, but then I stopped 'cause I got sick of it. It's ok I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by khanhster

I love this product, its cheap and it gets good result. I use it sparingly (like once a week) because it can be very abrasive especially if you have sensitive skin. I apply this all over my face and scrub GENTLY, then rise with ice cold water and afterwards my skin would glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by dipshot

Very cheap drugstore product and exfoliates my skin very well... maybe a little too well? I think it does irritate the skin since the scrub is very harsh. If only used once or twice a week, I'm sure it's still a good product and defintely cleans the dead skin cells.