July 25, 2014 | 1853 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2007 5:57:00 AM More reviews by 1QTPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one product that truly made me break out. It's as bad as the Apricot mask to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

I loved the old formula. This new one is yucky, clumps together, doesn't scrub as well yet its very coarse, and reeks of fruity synthetic apricot. I wouldn't even use it on my butt. It's horrible!!! The old one had a clean scent to it, cause it was fragrance free. The ingredients feel so cheap. I'll never ever use it again. And I used it since I was 13.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 12:07:00 AM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product didn't do much for my skin, blemish wise, however it was a good exfoliator... It also really irritated it some days especially with the fragrance in it.
I would not buy this again... I will stick with my aspirin mask!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by hadle1sc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the worst skin imaginable in the sense that it is sensitive and can be dry, but that it's also slightly combo/mild blemish prone. It used to be a nightmare, but this scrub in the blemish prone formula or the regular formula combined with Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer is the only routine that keeps my face clear and soft. Definitely give it a try if you have skin like mine, but don't try to scrub too hard. The bits of apricot core do the trick all on their own.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by icey6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just began using this product 2 weeks ago. I will update my review if I find any difference once I get thru the product.

That being said, I'm satisfied with the apricot scrub right now. I use it in the morning (every morning) - I find that giving my face a scrub with an exfoliating product is a great way to feel awakened. Its does a thorough job of cleansing and doesn't leave my face feeling too dry. The exfoliating bits are harsh (1 lippie off as many products now have micro beads which are more gentle) but it is very effective. You WILL look clean and my skin tends to have a more glowly look all day.

However, this is definately not for those with sensitive/dry skin. I also wouldn't recommend if you have bad acne as its going to aggravate the problem. I have minimal acne, if at all, and its more hormonal than anything else. I also tend toward oily skin, but now moderated because of the weather.

I bought the tub version at Walgreens and it was around 3-4 dollars. I expect this to last me many months, you don't need a lot. Next time I would purchase the tube - I find the bits get stuck under my nails when I take it out of the tub (and I've gotten something like that stuck under the nail and nearly infected before).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2007 5:11:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It does the job of exfoliating, but to harsh for my face. I love how clean and smooth my face feels afterwards but it only agrivated my acne because it was to harsh and made more pop up. Used it for a long time before i realized it was a root of a few breakouts (years LOL). I found out from an SA at nordstroms that overly abrassive scrubs only make acne worse...wish i knew that before. Love it but it doesnt seem to love me back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is alright. It definitely does the job, but I find the walnut grains are a bit too abrasive. I've since found other scrubs that are more gentle, so I probably won't purchase this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 12:43:00 PM More reviews by elizabethnuckolls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this scrub. It is such a great price for such a great scrub. I got the blemish control and it really did help clear up a few pimples I had. The smell is nice (like a cleanser - not too perfumy) and when you use it you really feel like you're doing something good for your face. I have been using it for about two weeks now. After the first use, and each time thereafter, my skin looks fresh and smooth. I couldn't imagine going a day now without using it. I use a blob (quarter size) of this and one pump of the Cetephil normal face wash. Magic!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by kcarr325

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG scrub. You can not beat the value of this product. Even my (former) husband would steal this from me. I would have to dig it out of his gym bag every time I needed it. It is the best scrub I have ever used. Leaves your skin clean and refreshed, not stripped or dry. My skin looks and feels great after using this. Awesome product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2007 1:25:00 AM More reviews by decembereyesx

I really liked this product when I first bought it. My mom has always purchased it and when I needed an exfoliant this is the first product I thought to buy. I suggest that you only use it a few times a week because it is so harsh. But recently I bought the walmart equate version and I am so much happier with it. I don't think it's as harsh and I like the quality better.