October 30, 2014 | 1709 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by VivaLaEleanor

I think this might be my HG. It gives lush volume, and curls really nicely. It's all around a really great mascara! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mbasham369

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara, goes on nicely without clumping... but only if you wipe pretty much ALL of the mascara off on the edge of the tube prior to applying. Does add volume to my sparse lashes..... top mascara, even if it takes a little extra time.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Queeniie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dont like this mascara, but I dont hate it neither. It doesnt give me much volume, but it separate my lashes reallyyyy well! But i find that it doesnt hold the curl well. after one hour, it looks like i dont have mascara on?! o-o' wont repurchase it because you can find a better mascara!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by falovalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Made my lashes look kind of like spider legs. The notion that this will give you va voom lashes is a joke. Will not buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by lanlajolie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I initially bought this because it was for volume, which I am a complete sucker for. And because it had a very noticeable in-your-face yellow packaging. I am quite a fan of the big brush, and this definitely had it. I liked it, it wasn't that plastic bristle brush I've been seeing a lot of lately.
I wanted to like this mascara, because I read that it had extreme volume effects with it's collagen enhanced formula. But I didn't. There was a strong rose scent that seemed to irritate my eyes. It had a mild stinging sensation and made my eyes more red than they already usually are. Also, this didn't hold a curl very well, which is a MUST for me considering I have short, straight, asian lashes. Not only that, it flaked and smudged. Much to my embarrassment, I used this one night I was with my boyfriend and had tried to get frisky with him, not knowing I had full-on raccoon eyes. Worst part is, he didn't even tell me. But I guess bless his soul for not even noticing. Ha

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Marilakj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty clump-free for a non-plastic bristle brush. It def lengthens and curls but I don't think it volumizes as much. It's a really great mascara but not my HG

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by hho504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with some of the reviews I just read. It gets really clumpy in my lashes. I have the water-proof one, and don't know if there's any substantial difference with the other one, but I can tell you I wouldn't rebuy this at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 9:14:00 AM More reviews by abd4j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for the dumbest reason: the packaging is really neat in this bright yellow tube. It really stands out in my makeup bag which is great for finding it in the mornings.

Trying the product, yes the smell sucks, but my nose isn't near my eyelashes so it's ok. It delivers length and volume which I loved, but it also clumps more than my Voluminous mascara. I am not a fan of picking out clumps when I'm rushing about in the morning.

Overall I think this product is ok. I definately don't regret buying this, but I don't know if I'd repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by miszsarah09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the water proof and regular version of this. I like them both, but they clump reallllly bad! ANd you have to like brush out your lashes after applying. I really wanted to love this stuff. I guess I'll be going back to my more expensive mascaras, they never let me down.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2009 8:22:00 AM More reviews by nliedel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited to buy this. I really wanted it to work and some of the reviews were fantastic! Sadly, it stank like a skunk and clumped like wet clay on my lashes. I've had the tube for a week now and it's already starting to dry out. I live in Michigan, it's moist here. Almost English Weather, but colder. Nothing dries out.

I'm tossing it and giving up on Maybeline mascarra's forever. After years of being my HG's, they've let me down for the last time.

I really wanted to love this, too.