December 18, 2014 | 1716 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by caffcliff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up at 'duty free' and was looking forward to using it whilst away. What a disappointment. Put on one coat and no discernible difference. Thought a second coat would start to make a difference, but no - nothing. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a dud. Would not repurchase, or recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by mandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought the regular one, not the water proof formula. I wish I bought the waterproof one, though. This one smudges and if I'm not careful I weat bits of it on my cheeks in no time.
Otherwise it is great, you can either use one layer, looking as if your lashes would be dark and defined naturally, or several layers for more drama.
The tube is fun, in the banana yellow coat, but looks sort of cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Brittina923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I wear this product my lashes are so full , long, and voluminous that they look like I am wearing falsies! I bought the waterproof version of this mascara in a two pack at Target for something like 7$. It was the best 7$ I've ever spent.

My only gripe with this Mascara is that I hate the wand. It makes application a bit sloppy if you have shorter, dense, and/or curly lashes (like i do). I would suggest using a lash comb with this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by woahitsbrooke92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW. I LOVE this mascara. I got it in brown black by mistake, since I usually get black or blackest black, but I love the natural look it gives. But it really lengthens and thickens my eyelashes and I just, WOW recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by loveisblind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this mascara but it sucked! Everyone else who said it has a weird smell was right!! No other mascara smells as bad as this. Some people on here said it was too wet but I found mine to be too dry. I'm glad I only paid $4 for it.I much rather prefer Maybelline turbo boost mascara. That is my fav mascara. Like all other mascaras, this may work for some people but not for others.
**Update** Well, I gave this another shot, I added a tiny bit of water to it because I thought it was too dry last time. That seemed to have made it better. I guess it's not too bad of a mascara. It does lengthen and add volume to my lashes. I still won't be repurchasing this because the smell is AWFUL. It really does stink. I definitely prefer the turbo boost mascara over this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Lexcy

it created good volume but it was kind of messy if you know what i mean! i am asian so my lashes point down and this product didn't keep the curls very well! and very weird smell but i got over it pretty fast!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by emilycvt329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara worked well to create volume, however the product has a weird smell that stayed around for a while. It reminded me of a beer/yeasty smell. If you can get around the smell, this mascara is awesome for getting full, thick lashes. However, the smell was to distracting for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not crazy about this mascara. I am a mascara whore though admittedly. I never buy the same kind twice. That said this is definitely not getting a second look. I HATE the smell of this stuff. And it doesn't go away. I can smell it long after application. It was also way to clumpy at first I had to let it dry out a bit before I could get a decent coat that wasn't a spidery clumpy mess. I can get past some of those things but what sealed it for me was the fact that it flakes terribly on me. I have to check my face four or five times a day minimum to keep from people stopping me to tell me I have something on my face.

Update: I don't think I even made it to the three month mark. This flakes so bad I have to throw it out. Horrible, will not repurchase. Still can't get over the terrible smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I bought this cause I was short on cash and it was cheaper then Lash Blast, and I was with my friend who said she thought it worked much better. In my opinion it doesn't even compare. It seemed to flake off after and hour, it gave me great lashes when I first applied it, but thats it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by lillaaylove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this mascara, on how it makes your lashes huge so fast, and it doesn't clump much. the only thing that wasn't very pleasant is the smell. it smells like a whole bunch of different perfumes mixed together. ewhie. but you get used to it after awhile.