La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 3/31/2003 3:24:00 PM

I have oily skin that I'd dried out using Retin A and Oxy and it was a mess. Dry and flaky when I washed it and about a half hour later it would look like an oil slick. While strolling through Saks one day, the girl at the LaMer counter stopped me and gave me a sample of the cream(which alone is worth about $20). I tried it for a week, and went back for the full size jar. I alternate between this and Retin A every other night, and my face has never looked better

on 3/31/2003 3:41:00 AM

I love it so much. I can see a great difference after 3 days of usage. I have combined skin type but still works well. Because of stress and allegic to coffee, I got lots of pimples on my face but after using La mer face serum and creme, I have much a mosturized face and less pimples.

on 3/30/2003 1:28:00 PM

This moisturizer is AWESOME! I put some on before I go to bed and by morning my skin is silky soft and firm. It even last throughout the day. Highly recommended if 40 yrs or older.

on 3/29/2003 7:41:00 PM

Little goes a long way. Stick with the original cream instead of the new-fangled products which did nothing or worse for me (lotion, eye balm, and serum). I use the cream sparingly on dry spots. Helps with forever-flaky area by mouth.

on 3/27/2003 7:23:00 PM

it works well when used only at night. its very heavy and i go to bed with an oily face. in the morning, my skin looks great though! and stays moisturized even after washing. it is expensive so good if u can afford it and keep in mind that when u use it, don't skimp on the amt you use or it doesn't have much benefit. i would buy again.

on 3/27/2003 2:47:00 PM

For years I avoided it wondering "what on earth was so special about a face cream" and why is it so expensive?! I tried some recently and I am hooked. I have dry skin in the winter, but after using it once, I am radiant and my skin is as soft as a baby's behind! So pricey, but you can make it last. Great if you can afford it.

on 3/27/2003 2:24:00 PM

I simply cannot believe this stuff sells for $99 oz.!!!! It is sooooo greasy and smells absolutely disgusting! Reminds me of a cross between that old fashioned rose water perfume and peppermint Lifesavers. I use it mainly as an eye cream because when I do use it on my whole face, it just sits there and doensn't even absorb! I bought this as a sample on E-bay and I'm glad I did because now I know I would NEVER pay for a full size jar.

on 3/25/2003 4:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

A very ordinary cream for a very crazy price. what is so special about this seaweed broth thing.

I had the chance to use this product about about 9 years ago, and it worked like a miracle, and healed and smoothed scars that I had for years. Then I couldn't locate it anymore and finally found some at a Saks several years later. What happened to the dream product? I think you would be just the same buying one of Estee Lauder's moisturizers for half the price, for the same product. Such a shame. Mac cosmetics fell the same way once Estee bought them out. The lipglass and studiofix are nothing like the originals that I had.

on 3/20/2003 11:58:00 AM

I tried the Oil-Free La Mer and it is the first lotion I ever used that did not send my combination skin into oil overload. I highly recommend it. My skin was soft and smooth and even toned - when I used it consistently. You use so little, it lasts forever. It is pricey, so it's a hard habit to keep up - I've tried to find alternatives at the drugstore, but nothing has ever worked quite as well.

Popular Moisturizers