La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 3/10/2003 3:49:00 AM

I finally broke down and bought both the original moisturizer at $90 for an ounce, and the face serum, for $175 an ounce--nearly $300 after taxes. My opinion of the creme, notwithstanding all of the instructions to warm it between index fingers, is that no matter what you do, it does not prevent the oily and greasy feeling that results after application. This is preceded by the serum, which for some reason I prefer, as far as the 2 products are concerned. Once the cream is added, however, I feel too oily.

My favorite combination os the products is the La Mer face serum, followed by Kinerase cream, which at least has published studies of results, as opposed to mere testimonials. I'd probably stick with the serum, the Kinerase, but the creme is a bit too hyped for the greasy results, and I am disappointed. I'd love to know if anyone else has stuck with the cream, after similar initial results, only to find it was worth the investment.

on 3/9/2003 9:34:00 PM

OK, after all the talking about La Mer I decided to spend $ 90 on this one, hoping that I wouldn't like it very much. Turn out I was wrong....

It gives me a nice glow, smooth skin like baby's bottom, even tone and just look healthy. You only need a dime when you apply it, so I hope one jar could last me for 6 months.
I have combo skin, and it doesn't cause any breakout at all.
Definitely a keeper, worth every penny

on 3/9/2003 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Everything about this product is true--it's AMAZING, PERFECT, and MIRACULOUS!
The thick creme, avoided like the plague by those afflicted with acne-prone skin, came as a warm welcome to my somewhat blemished complexion. After constant usage, and incorporation of the intensie serum, my skin has never been clearer and healthier.
LA MER IS FABULOUS and worth EVERY PENNY!

on 3/5/2003 1:54:00 PM

I purchased this after a SA recommended it for my frequent flying dry skin. After dropping a good deal of money, boy was I disappointed! It simply did not work on my skin (combo, sensitive). It broke me out, and didn't even keep me feeling moist. It also left me a little red looking. So, I tried it as an eye cream, hearing that it was good for that. I got millia. I'm now using it as a hand creme and a lip balm, and liking it for those uses. The jar packaging makes it hard to get product out. A little expensive for hand creme, but at least it is getting used. Would not buy again.

on 3/2/2003 1:59:00 PM

So I caved in and shelled out $90 for a 1 ounce jar after hearing so much about it from the media, magazines, celebrities..etc. Have to say this is probably a much overhyped product. I have combination skin with dry cheeks in the winter, and this does little to moisturize my skin. It does feel greasy when I first put it on my face before going to bed, but the next morning instead of glowing soft skin, my cheeks would still feel sort of tight and dry. I've used other night creams that are less expensive yet does a better hyrdation job than this cream does. As soon as I am done using up this jar, I am back to using my Clarins Renew Lotion and Multi-Active night lotion.

on 2/27/2003 3:35:00 PM

I got some of this expensive cream on ebay, a sample pot for about $20.00. I love the consistency, and have applied a bit under my eyes twice today- So far, I am happy with the results. It is expensive, but I will continue to use it, and will probably spring for the full jar at some point. - March 5, 2003 update - I am loving this cream more and more each day - it is my 3:00 pm eye pick-me-up at the office. I now carry another sample pot in my purse - great on my lips too, and the secret is in the application. One swipe with a ring finger, rub with other ring finger to emulsify, and then pat, pat - bye bye dry and puffy!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was very intrigued by this product for the longest time, but was turned off because of the price. Finally, I was able to get a sample and ohmygod, it was terrible! I have very dry skin, so I thought it would be wonderful. I used it once, and I was literally in pain the entire day. I waited a few days, and same thing, and it dried out my skin even more. I cant believe what a disappointment this product was. Thank god for free samples.

on 2/24/2003 3:55:00 AM

I started using this moisturizer about 3 years ago. After I got over the shock of how much it cost, which took weeks, I noticed my skin was healthier than I could ever remember. I also get compliments on my skin all the time. Friends ask me what I did to my skin. This is a fabulous product and I will continue to use it.

on 2/21/2003 3:53:00 PM

I am really sorry to say this, but I am enamored by this cream. I normally have combo skin prone to oiliness, but this winter has been particularly unkind to my skin and left me with flakes and painful dryness. I have been nursing a deluxe La Mer sample for several weeks now. It sinks into the skin so well, undoubtedly the easiest time I have ever had with a moisturizer. It is thick, yes, but it does not over hydrate the skin, nor does it sit on top in a gunky layer as thicker creams are wont to do. It soothes away the flakes and calms down irritation. I haven't had any breakouts from this in the three week time period I have been spot treating with it. I am really thinking I have to purchase this cream. Believe me, I don't want to. But it is working extremely well. Anyone want to help me hold up Saks? =p

on 2/20/2003 1:12:00 PM

This is the best moisturizer so far and i've been using this for over 4 years now and it did what it says. Like friends keep on asking whats my secret, why i look so young at my age with only few or no lines on my face and my 51 years old. This is pricey but one 2 0z. jar will last me 8 months, so what else to say, GO GO LAMER!