December 21, 2014 | 1616 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2003 1:12:00 PM More reviews by merline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best moisturizer so far and i've been using this for over 4 years now and it did what it says. Like friends keep on asking whats my secret, why i look so young at my age with only few or no lines on my face and my 51 years old. This is pricey but one 2 0z. jar will last me 8 months, so what else to say, GO GO LAMER!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2003 2:48:00 AM More reviews by crystalstar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was extremely weary about trying this moisturizer 'cause of it's high price and my oily skin but I've read about it so much in InStyle (2 years in a row as best moisturizer) that I had to give it a try. Well... It IS the BEST!! I broke out the first couple of days and then my skin cleared up and was perfectly wonderful! I have so many compliments on how my skin just glows. I use the cream at night and the oil free during the day. It's just too bad that this stuff is so expensive but lets face it girls, we're worth it!

Update 2014 - I had drifted away from this moisturizer and over the last year or two have been using it pretty consistently. I occasionally will switch things up so that my skin will not become "immune" to products but for the most part, this has been my "go too". All that said, I still hold true to my statement that this is THE BEST MOISTURISER EVER!!

Now that I am swiftly approaching 50, I am really freaked out about my skin and this really keeps it in check. I feel that my skin is well moisturized, taught and I really don't have many wrinkles. I sure wish that this could be a bit more cost effective but a little really does go a long way. I even use the eye cream from time to time. This will always stay in my skin routine!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2003 2:03:00 AM More reviews by VonLeuschner

I have, over the past several years, used many different products in an attempt to reduce the redness and irritated look of my skin. I had settled on the Dermalogica range, which I really like, though my skin still wasn't 100% Then, one day, and I'm still not sure why, I went and bought a jar of Creme de la mer.....I was horrified at how much money I had just spent! Nevertheless I went home and that night started warming and patting away, just as instructed.....The next morning, for the first time in my life, my skin actually felt moisturised and hydrated! It was a deep hydration, not the usual moisturiser on top of the skin feeling. Also, the irritated look of my skin had significantly reduced!

To all those that think the cream is too emoliant for their oily skin.....give it a go, a small amount warmed up and patted onto my oily T zone soaks right in and never causes breakouts!

I'm still horrified by the price, but will most likely use this for the rest of my life.

*UPDATE* After having used the entire jar I have to say that whilst it is a fabulous moisturiser, I don't really think that it is a miracle. So - if you are looking for that miracle, don't bother, you will only be getting a good moisturiser.
*Update 2* I've just bought another jar, because miracle or not, I cannot find another cream that moisturizes as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2003 2:34:00 PM More reviews by big_eder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got severely burned a year ago, and out of desperation bought the La Mer. It's horribly expensive, but well worth the price. The scarring has faded considerably and the keloids which had developed are noticeably thinner and less darkly colored. I also use it on my face sometimes, and it just works miracles -- my skin glows and feels amazing! Just be careful not to apply too much, as it's very rich. Only a little is needed to go a very long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2003 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Copycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I finally broke down and bought a jar, and the woman at the counter had to teach me how to actually put it on! YOu have to rub it between your fingers and just blot it on your face then rub it in!

I absolutely love this cream. Since I started using it, my face no longer feels or looks dry throughout the entire day! No kidding! I used to have to reapply Kiehls moisterizer ten times a day, and I still didn't get the same quality. I love the sheen it also adds to my skin, and my make up goes on so smooth! I will buy this product again, again, and again. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2003 10:26:00 AM More reviews by LaraConn

Wow - I love this product! I was finally able to try it when a wonderful swapper sent me a sample pot, and now I'm hooked. Just bought my first one ounce pot (gulp!) and will likely continue to use it. My face is much smoother, and my makeup goes on much more smoothly and evenly when I apply CDLM first. It seems to "soak" right into my skin, and I've certainly seen a difference - not as many lines, acne scars less pronounced, etc. I'm a believer!

**UPDATE 4/30/03** Oh my gosh...I've been using a chemotherapy cream on my face to eradicate pre-cancerous areas, so my face has been red, raw, swollen, etc. It's been this way for about 10 days now, and I've been using ointment, etc. on it. Yesterday I slathered on CDLM...today it is amazingly better! Everyone is commenting on how much better it looks, and I really can't get over how much it has healed since yesterday. This would be the best advertisement for CDLM ever!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2003 6:07:00 PM More reviews by kozizi

I really don't know how amazing this cream is and why so many people go crazy over it. I used this product for about a month and saw absolutely no difference in my skin. Is the miracle supposed to happen after you use it for awhile or do you see a difference right away?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2003 6:43:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do love this cream. I was on the gence about whether it was truth or hype for a long time and am pleased to report that the rumors are true - it's a great product for dry skin.

I think the original cream would be a bit heavy for oily skin, but I'm sure applied very lightly, it would work.

This has made such a difference in smoothing my skin that I have repurchased three times so far. I won't be without it. I absolutely love the fresh scent of this cream and find it a joy to apply. Thank you, CDLM for this great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2003 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Gracie141

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep waiting for the miracle that does not happen. Yes this is a good moisturizer, but it doesn't do anything any other one does, at least not for me. I am not treating a scar or anything, and this leaves a shiny film after application. This is not for me at this price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2003 4:17:00 PM More reviews by LaRue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally, a holy grail moisturizer even though it is extremely expensive. I figure, with all the money I've wasted on cheaper stuff that doesn't work, what's the difference.

I am now 44 and my fair un-sun-damaged-skin is showing signs of aging. This stuff is thick, you have to warm it between your fingers first. It absorbs well, and actually plumps out my crow's feet. After four months of using it religiously, my skin is much smoother, the age-related tiny thickenings and lumpy bits also smooth out.

I highly recommend this to anyone with dry aging skin. Probably not suitable for anyone young unless very dry. I sure wouldn't have needed it in my 20's.