November 22, 2014 | 1516 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2003 2:34:00 PM More reviews by big_eder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got severely burned a year ago, and out of desperation bought the La Mer. It's horribly expensive, but well worth the price. The scarring has faded considerably and the keloids which had developed are noticeably thinner and less darkly colored. I also use it on my face sometimes, and it just works miracles -- my skin glows and feels amazing! Just be careful not to apply too much, as it's very rich. Only a little is needed to go a very long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2003 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Copycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I finally broke down and bought a jar, and the woman at the counter had to teach me how to actually put it on! YOu have to rub it between your fingers and just blot it on your face then rub it in!

I absolutely love this cream. Since I started using it, my face no longer feels or looks dry throughout the entire day! No kidding! I used to have to reapply Kiehls moisterizer ten times a day, and I still didn't get the same quality. I love the sheen it also adds to my skin, and my make up goes on so smooth! I will buy this product again, again, and again. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2003 10:26:00 AM More reviews by LaraConn

Wow - I love this product! I was finally able to try it when a wonderful swapper sent me a sample pot, and now I'm hooked. Just bought my first one ounce pot (gulp!) and will likely continue to use it. My face is much smoother, and my makeup goes on much more smoothly and evenly when I apply CDLM first. It seems to "soak" right into my skin, and I've certainly seen a difference - not as many lines, acne scars less pronounced, etc. I'm a believer!

**UPDATE 4/30/03** Oh my gosh...I've been using a chemotherapy cream on my face to eradicate pre-cancerous areas, so my face has been red, raw, swollen, etc. It's been this way for about 10 days now, and I've been using ointment, etc. on it. Yesterday I slathered on CDLM...today it is amazingly better! Everyone is commenting on how much better it looks, and I really can't get over how much it has healed since yesterday. This would be the best advertisement for CDLM ever!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2003 6:07:00 PM More reviews by kozizi

I really don't know how amazing this cream is and why so many people go crazy over it. I used this product for about a month and saw absolutely no difference in my skin. Is the miracle supposed to happen after you use it for awhile or do you see a difference right away?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2003 6:43:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do love this cream. I was on the gence about whether it was truth or hype for a long time and am pleased to report that the rumors are true - it's a great product for dry skin.

I think the original cream would be a bit heavy for oily skin, but I'm sure applied very lightly, it would work.

This has made such a difference in smoothing my skin that I have repurchased three times so far. I won't be without it. I absolutely love the fresh scent of this cream and find it a joy to apply. Thank you, CDLM for this great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2003 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Gracie141

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep waiting for the miracle that does not happen. Yes this is a good moisturizer, but it doesn't do anything any other one does, at least not for me. I am not treating a scar or anything, and this leaves a shiny film after application. This is not for me at this price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2003 4:17:00 PM More reviews by LaRue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally, a holy grail moisturizer even though it is extremely expensive. I figure, with all the money I've wasted on cheaper stuff that doesn't work, what's the difference.

I am now 44 and my fair un-sun-damaged-skin is showing signs of aging. This stuff is thick, you have to warm it between your fingers first. It absorbs well, and actually plumps out my crow's feet. After four months of using it religiously, my skin is much smoother, the age-related tiny thickenings and lumpy bits also smooth out.

I highly recommend this to anyone with dry aging skin. Probably not suitable for anyone young unless very dry. I sure wouldn't have needed it in my 20's.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2003 11:44:00 AM More reviews by pooh2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my third jar. I've used this cream on and off since it's so expensive. I had to use this again when my face breakout terribly after I tried using the 1% BHA from PC. After 3 weeks, my skin is smooth again, still have some acne marks tough it's fading, takes care of the flakiness and best of all no new pimple !

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2003 10:28:00 AM More reviews by sriley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It seems that my friends with oilier skin found this to be more helpful than I did. I have dry, dehydrated skin but for some reason, this "miracle cream" did not soak in at all. It just sat there AND broke my skin out (something which rarely happens). I read that it has Petrochemicals in it, which is why it has that vaseline-like feel to it (at least to me).

Anyhow, it does seem to work well on some, just not on me. Get a sample BEFORE you shell out $150 for this so-so product!

**UPDATE: In a moment of nervous hysteria about my dehydration lines, I shelled out $190 for another jar or this product. I tried it for 2 weeks and am taking it back to Saks tomorrow. Did nothing. I have had better results with Sisley, Decleor, & Dr. Haushka

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2003 7:50:00 PM More reviews by giggle7658

This moustirizer is the all time BEST! I am hooked. I have never used a cream that I can use at night and wake up and all my blemishes be gone as well as even out the skin tone of my face. Even the blemishes that I could never get rid of for years! Its a miracle product. I can't believe that it does not work as well on other people as it did for me. Everyone has to try it teeneagers to grandma. I cant go on about this enough. Let's just say to go to a Department store and plop down $90 bucks for 1 ounze is worth it!