July 28, 2014 | 2038 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2007 3:31:00 PM More reviews by saba11384

I was looking for a good makeup remover that did not dry out my skin. I saw this product displayed at Sephora and decided to try it out. It worked pretty well and did not dry out my skin. If I have a lot of makeup on I might have to wash my face twice with this cleanser, but my face is clean and I do not break out(myskin is pretty oily). In fact I feel like I break out less b/c the cleanser does such a good job taking my makeup off! I really like the scent too! Its a bit pricey but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2007 4:24:00 AM More reviews by star2007

I just bought this in a 4 oz. size on eBay for $8.50, $10.50 with S&H but Sephora has it for $10 for a 3.5 oz. I just wanted to try it out so I though the 4 oz. was a good size. So far, I really like it. It's very gentle and very cleansing, but I get a little help for eye makeup removal with a gentle cleansing cloth. The scent is pleasant and the bottle has a small squeeze tip thing on top.

I've been looking to replace the Neutrogena cleanser I liked, which only comes in a 3-piece set, and the one thing I was looking for in a cleanser was that it wasn't completely drying once I got out of the shower. I've used a very many lot over the past 7 months, mostly trial-sized things from Juice Beauty, Juice Organics, Be.Fine, Exuviance, and Neutrogena. So far, it gives me that Neutrogena polished feeling with the moisturized feeling of Juice Beauty/Organics products. I'm pretty sure I'm in love with the Philosophy cleanser. eBay has a lot on sale (from various sets that they split up, it seems) so give it a try if you're curious!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Gem727

I absolutely love this cleanser. It takes all of the makeup off of my face without it feeling dry afterward. My skin is never oily anymore either. This is an all around great skin cleanser for almost any skin type. Both my mom and my sister also use it and we all have different skin types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

This is my HG of cleansers. I have used over a year now and my skin has never looked better!!!! I really like the smell of it, call me nuts, but I cannot wait for mornings or pm to use !!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lainetm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

The smell (I can't call it a "fragrance") is annoying, and I do not have a particularly sensitive nose. However, I could get past that, if this were a great product--which it is not. The cleanser caused both me and my teen-aged daughter to break out. It was the only change in our skincare routines, so I'm sure it was the Purity Made Simple. I continued to use it, thinking that it was a temporary issue while my skin readjusted. However, the breakouts continued, and became worse. I had pimples in places I *never* get pimples, and they were large, ugly, and slow to heal when I discontinued and returned to my standby Neutrogena.

I will definitely not be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Lauryl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does the job of getting my makeup off, has a delicate lavender and citronella scent, and within a few days of using it my friend commented that my face looked clearer. Wow! When I run out I'll get the huge bottle, but I've had the 8oz bottle for three months and only used a small fraction of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by thespanishfly

Gentle enough for my acne-prone skin. Very soft smell and good for removing make-up. Face feels soft after I rinse. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just do not like it at all. It removes most of my makeup, but I end up having to wash my face again...and I wear minimal foundation, etc. The scent is strange to me, and the price tag is quite high. It doesn't make me break out though, and I use it oonly when I run out of my other face washes. I won't buy again, just didn't 'wow' me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 9:12:00 AM More reviews by sdg13

I have waited about 2 weeks to review this product. Thanks to all the MUA reviews or I would have never tried it. I have a history of oily, sensitive, congested skin that is now aging (lovely, I know). I think that alot of the cleaners I have used in the past have been too harsh and certainly didn't change my skin condition. I tried the OCM which was kindof nice but really messy and left my washclothes oily. Anyway, Purity reallly really works for me. It's gentle, I don't mind the smell at all, and it leaves my skin clean and fresh - something I never expected. I follow other MUAers advice and wet my hands, massage it in for about a minute and it removes all my makeup and leaves my skin really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by olivia1173

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser. I have strayed a few times but always come back to this cleanser. It removes all my makeup (even eye) and does not strip my skin. I have noticed that it does help clear up blemishes as well. I purchased this the last time with the Makeup Optonal kit and I am thrilled with the results. Fantastic products!!!