December 22, 2014 | 1961 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by laurenp

holy grail. removes every bit of makeup yet doesn't dry out my skin or leave a greasy residue. i did not like the herbal scent at first, but hae learned to find it invigorating. i will never try another cleanser. i've been using this daily for over a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by ale8one

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is good for my acne-prone, combination skin. I like the way it feels. It suds up nicely. My skin feels very clear and clean after using this. It does a good job of removing makeup too. I will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by gellene

This is the only cleanser that removes all my makeup and makes my skin feel super clean when its rinsed off- without drying my face out. I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin and this cleanser really keeps my skin balanced. It feels so soothing on my skin. I'm not usually one to be loyal to any particular product. Im always searching for the next best thing but I ALWAYS come back to purity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 1:59:00 AM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After using this cleanser I rushed out and bought a backup while Spehora was still selling the 'House of Hope' holiday trio, which includes purity, hope in a jar, and a 3-in-1 body wash. The trio is an excellent starter for philosophy, and you get the products cheaper than individually. I love this cleanser. I normally like a very foamy cleanser, but this does such a great job I can overlook the fact that it doesn't foam at all. This feels kinda like a cleansing milk, only it works! ( for reference I have dry, sensitive skin, prone to breakouts) it removes all makeup without making my face overly dry. in fact, my face feels less dry when using this as compared to using straight water. My breakouts have gone away, and no new ones have begun. my skin for once is so clear I am actually happy when I see myself in the morning, and that is a very unusual thing! The smell of this cleanser takes a few times before you get used to it. Basically, it smells like very weak pine sol. no biggie though since the results are so great! my only wish is that I didn't go through it so quick. since it doesn't lather, I use more than I probably need to so I can coat my skin thickly with it. I have gone through about 1/6th of the smallest bottle Sephora sells in a few weeks. I think I will probably go through one of the tiny bottles every six weeks, which will run me 10-15$ every six weeks, which really isn't bad. Love the packaging...sturdy, bendable light plastic, with a flip top lid. Ideal for travelers and campers like me. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by YSG_828

This cleanser is good for combination skin as it does not add oil or strip the skin. It removes sunscreen and make-up well however it does not help with blackheads or congestion which is why i would not buy this cleanser again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 8:18:00 AM More reviews by macrobbieus

This is a very nice cleanser from philosophy. It is not a foaming cleanser (which I have been advised against from using as they strip away your natural oils on your face and leaves it drier than before) however it still does the job very well. My face feels clean and there is no trace of makeup left after using it (i tone after with a cotton pad and it does not have makeup on it after cleansing). The nice thing about this product is that it does not give a dry tingling feeling afterwards as if you have used a cleanser with alcohol like menthol in it. Just gives you the clean feeling without overdrying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess this cleanser is okay. but i would not recommend it for skin that reallyyy needs cleansing because it does not remove oil/makeup like it says. at least not on my skin. And the smell is not too pleasing either.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by voxford73

I really wanted to like this product. After I wash my face with it, my skin feels so soft, never too dried out or oily. I've also been less oily during the day and my skin has actually been really soft overall since I started using it. I've always had combo skin - dry cheeks and oily T-Zone. I was hoping this product would even things out and although it kind of did, it also makes me break out for some reason. Nothing major, but I definitely have been getting little pimples here and there since I started using it. I was hoping this stuff would help with blackheads too, but it hasn't. I live in a really humid climate, so it might have something to do with it. I will say, now that it's autumn and the air is dryer, I'm not breaking out as much. But I still feel like this stuff doesn't cleanse as much as I thought it would. Everyone else seems to love it though, so I don't know why it didn't quite work out for me.

ADDENDUM:
I needed to amend my review on this product because now that it's winter and the air is dryer, I'm really like this product more. My face isn't breaking out and it does feel less oily. I changed my opinion on whether I would buy this again, because now I think I would...but only in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 5:25:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser! it 'doesn't dry my skin, it actually calms it when winter weather played havoc to my dry skin. I've tried a looot of other cleansers but so far this is the only one that isn't drying for my super duper dry skin. this cleanser removed makeup very well, I also liked the scent! I would buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by spitfirebarbie

Purity made simple is my HG never need to hunt for a fabulous face wash again face wash. My skin is fairly sensitive to cleansers and this is the only that I have found that doesnt break me out or make my skin dry. I love that it is gentle enough for my sensitive skin yet powerful enough to remove all my eye makeup. You cant beat the price and a little goes a long way with this product. An 8 oz bottle of this will last me almost 6 months. I will purchase this product the rest of my life!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No