September 2, 2014 | 1828 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great gentle cleanser for my combination skin. It never leaves a residue on my face or strips it dry, so it strikes a nice balance. It doesn't work up any lather so it's more like cream soap than a traditional cleanser. It does a nice job of removing my makeup and makes a good dent on my eye makeup, but I can find better cleansers from other brands that do the exact same thing but for much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by mstall111

Great cleanser for my combo/sensitive skin. Does not dry or make my skin feel tight after using. Nice scent - kind of herbal/clean and light. Removes makeup and cleanses skin nicely, but for eye make-up (especially liner and mascara) it helps to use a washcloth for complete removal otherwise I have to use a separate eye makeup remover. Doesn't cause breakouts. I've purchased the 32 oz. with the pump from QVC and it's a better deal $$

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 7:56:00 PM More reviews by jilly_sue

This is my HG makeup remover/cleanser. It removes makeup very well and without much effort. It even takes care of my mascara and eyeliner. I have combination skin and it treats it very well. The dry parts of my cheeks never get that tight feeling and my oily t-zone stays
clean. If you like your cleanser to lather you should pass this one up, but if you enjoy clean, perfect skin look no further.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by aterrebonne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for over a year and I love it. It is very gentle and removes every trace of makeup from my face including mascara. It took some getting used to, because it doesn't foam like many facial cleansers do. It doesn't burn my eyes and it smells great, too! The only thing I hate is the price. It is quite expensive, but you can get good deals on QVC sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by privatejoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this cleanser, leaves your face feeling clean and fresh with no drying effect. Removes all traces of eyeliner and mascara, yet is very gentle with no sign of any eye irritation. I have extremely sensitive skin and after 6 months of use twice a day I have had no problems at all. Have recomended this product to several different people, various ages and skin types, and so far all have become faithful users. So far this is as close to HG status I think I will find. No interest in searching any further.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2007 3:31:00 PM More reviews by saba11384

I was looking for a good makeup remover that did not dry out my skin. I saw this product displayed at Sephora and decided to try it out. It worked pretty well and did not dry out my skin. If I have a lot of makeup on I might have to wash my face twice with this cleanser, but my face is clean and I do not break out(myskin is pretty oily). In fact I feel like I break out less b/c the cleanser does such a good job taking my makeup off! I really like the scent too! Its a bit pricey but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2007 4:24:00 AM More reviews by star2007

I just bought this in a 4 oz. size on eBay for $8.50, $10.50 with S&H but Sephora has it for $10 for a 3.5 oz. I just wanted to try it out so I though the 4 oz. was a good size. So far, I really like it. It's very gentle and very cleansing, but I get a little help for eye makeup removal with a gentle cleansing cloth. The scent is pleasant and the bottle has a small squeeze tip thing on top.

I've been looking to replace the Neutrogena cleanser I liked, which only comes in a 3-piece set, and the one thing I was looking for in a cleanser was that it wasn't completely drying once I got out of the shower. I've used a very many lot over the past 7 months, mostly trial-sized things from Juice Beauty, Juice Organics, Be.Fine, Exuviance, and Neutrogena. So far, it gives me that Neutrogena polished feeling with the moisturized feeling of Juice Beauty/Organics products. I'm pretty sure I'm in love with the Philosophy cleanser. eBay has a lot on sale (from various sets that they split up, it seems) so give it a try if you're curious!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Gem727

I absolutely love this cleanser. It takes all of the makeup off of my face without it feeling dry afterward. My skin is never oily anymore either. This is an all around great skin cleanser for almost any skin type. Both my mom and my sister also use it and we all have different skin types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

This is my HG of cleansers. I have used over a year now and my skin has never looked better!!!! I really like the smell of it, call me nuts, but I cannot wait for mornings or pm to use !!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lainetm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

The smell (I can't call it a "fragrance") is annoying, and I do not have a particularly sensitive nose. However, I could get past that, if this were a great product--which it is not. The cleanser caused both me and my teen-aged daughter to break out. It was the only change in our skincare routines, so I'm sure it was the Purity Made Simple. I continued to use it, thinking that it was a temporary issue while my skin readjusted. However, the breakouts continued, and became worse. I had pimples in places I *never* get pimples, and they were large, ugly, and slow to heal when I discontinued and returned to my standby Neutrogena.

I will definitely not be buying this again!