October 25, 2014 | 1086 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by dann1004

This product is amazing. I haven't had any problems with it. It cleanses well but doesn't dry out my face at all, and it hasn't caused any breakouts. My skin is combo, and depending on the weather can either be oily or dry, and this cleanser can handle it all. It gets off all the oil during the summer and keeps my skin moisturized during the winter. It's also pretty good at getting makeup off, though I usually like to use an eye makeup remover before just to make sure all of my mascara and eyeliner come off.

EDIT: I stopped using it because for some reason, a few months in, I started to break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2007 3:00:00 PM More reviews by luckyrh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually only use this in the shower, all other times I use spectrojel.

I absolutely hate Purity's bottle and transferred it to a bottle with a pump. I wet my face, use about a quarter size amount and gently massage my face for at least 1 minute; sometimes I use a muslin cloth from the Body Shop and gently pass it over my face.

Rinses very well and I've never reacted badly, it foams slightly which is nice and my face is never dried out. Takes off foundation and mascara very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by geanie11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this cleanser. It gets off my makeup pretty well, though I do use a seperate eye makeup remover before. I usually break out very easy and this doesnt cause more breakouts for me. My skin feels soft after using not dry and has a pleasant smell. I would purchase again though its high in price, but worth it in the end, This does last a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ldinfante

this is the only cleanser that takes off ALL my make up with only a small amount! i have sensitive skin and it doesn't dry it at all. great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2007 8:57:00 AM More reviews by jen1473

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a kit that included this cleaner, Hope in a Jar and a few other things. This was nice, but I don't think anything out of the ordinary. I didn't end up liking Hope in a Jar - so I'm probably not going to be buying from that line again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great gentle cleanser for my combination skin. It never leaves a residue on my face or strips it dry, so it strikes a nice balance. It doesn't work up any lather so it's more like cream soap than a traditional cleanser. It does a nice job of removing my makeup and makes a good dent on my eye makeup, but I can find better cleansers from other brands that do the exact same thing but for much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by mstall111

Great cleanser for my combo/sensitive skin. Does not dry or make my skin feel tight after using. Nice scent - kind of herbal/clean and light. Removes makeup and cleanses skin nicely, but for eye make-up (especially liner and mascara) it helps to use a washcloth for complete removal otherwise I have to use a separate eye makeup remover. Doesn't cause breakouts. I've purchased the 32 oz. with the pump from QVC and it's a better deal $$

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 7:56:00 PM More reviews by jilly_sue

This is my HG makeup remover/cleanser. It removes makeup very well and without much effort. It even takes care of my mascara and eyeliner. I have combination skin and it treats it very well. The dry parts of my cheeks never get that tight feeling and my oily t-zone stays
clean. If you like your cleanser to lather you should pass this one up, but if you enjoy clean, perfect skin look no further.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by aterrebonne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for over a year and I love it. It is very gentle and removes every trace of makeup from my face including mascara. It took some getting used to, because it doesn't foam like many facial cleansers do. It doesn't burn my eyes and it smells great, too! The only thing I hate is the price. It is quite expensive, but you can get good deals on QVC sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by privatejoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this cleanser, leaves your face feeling clean and fresh with no drying effect. Removes all traces of eyeliner and mascara, yet is very gentle with no sign of any eye irritation. I have extremely sensitive skin and after 6 months of use twice a day I have had no problems at all. Have recomended this product to several different people, various ages and skin types, and so far all have become faithful users. So far this is as close to HG status I think I will find. No interest in searching any further.