April 16, 2014 | 1586 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by LizaLindsey

Every time I eat sushi I try the ginger, thinking I will like it. Same for this cleanser. I have tried it many times thinking I must be wrong about it...it must be the best. No...I don't like it. Gives me clogging all along my cheeks and chin. I have to say that it would be perfect for someone dry/sensitive. It does get EVERYTHING off. I appreciate it as a brush cleaner and lingerie wash as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is okay, not more. Sure, it does an okay job cleaning the face. However, I find the scent a bit disgusting. For that reason I would not repurchase this cleanser. It is also very overpriced.

To sum it up, if you can stand the scent this is an average cleanser.
I have to say that Philosophy has so far dissapointed me when it comes to skincare.

For reference: I have normal to dry skin. Non-sensitive.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Annie_in_MN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this for years now. I always go back to it because it is the only cleanser I've found which really removes all makeup residue, including stubborn eye makeup, without stinging my eyes. It really does what I'm looking for in a cleanser, which is to clean my face, removing all makeup, without stripping my skin dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by bkramer947

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't care for this at all. The consistency is not great, the scent is gross and it broke out my skin. Ick. Overpriced and overhyped.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by thefreshprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a little sample of this in the Philosophy Birthday Girl pack which I received as a present, and I really like it! I used to find that when I used moisturiser (which I needed as I tend to get little dry patches on my face) I broke out, but I've been using this everyday for about 2 weeks and I can moisturise liberally and honestly my skin has never looked better! Really nice and I would recomend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 12:51:00 AM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

This is one of my favorite cleansers. It leaves my skin oh so baby smooth!! Cleans the pores really well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by 1Karin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG cleanser. I have combination skin, but I am convinced that this is a great formulation for any skin type. It removes all eye make-up w/out any burning of the eyes, it has a refreshing, light, lavender scent, and it makes my skin feel completely clean w/out over-drying. It's a little expensive for a cleanser, and there are drugstore cleansers that get the job done, but this one is by far my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2007 12:48:00 AM More reviews by hatsumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand what the hype over this product was about. I thought that this cleanser was mediocre at best. It didn't do anything special. It did not remove all my makeup, but it is easy to rinse off. It left my skin with a nice clean feeling which was nice. The scent is very mild. I won't be purchasing this again because it is way too expensive for a cleanser that doesn't do anything particularly special. The packaging is cute and simplistic like other Philosophy products. If you're looking for a fantastic cleanser, try the DHC Cleansing Oil instead. That stuff is amazing.

2/4/08 EDIT: I added another lippie to this product. I recently received another bottle of this in a kit for the holidays. I think I will be repurchasing this actually! I don't use this to remove makeup because it's too gentle. I use the DHC cleansing oil first to remove my makeup and then this afterwards. It does not leave my skin tight. I just like the clean feeling I get from this and the scent is quite nice (though many don't seem to like it). I still think it is overpriced, but QVC sells a 32oz bottle (that comes with a pump!) for about $42 with tax.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2007 11:20:00 PM More reviews by rosehugo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't get what all of the fuss is about. This smells like glue and has the same consistency. It is an okay cleanser, but not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is better at removing makeup than most cleansers, but not as thorough as a cleansing oil (like DHC). It does rinse off cleanly without residue. I finished a large bottle of this, but found that the herbally smell was kind of annoying and it doesn't remove all sunscreens. It's a good cleanser to carry around though because it's not messy and it rinses fast.