April 24, 2014 | 1015 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by esperanzadulce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone skin and I've found that this is the only face wash that doesn't leave me feeling tight and dry afterwards. It doesn't do a fabulous job at removing makeup, but it's ok. I actually like the smell; it doesn't bother me. It lasts forever too, so well worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by anotherblonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely the best facial cleanser made! Removes eye make up, mascara, dirt, foundation, lipstick gently and thoroughly. The scent is mild and disappears. Leaves skin very clean and soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by suzane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the packaging Philosophy does a great job at these little slogans. I wanted to love this product but i just didn't. It made my face feel like there was a film on it. I went right back to my Arbonne which I love

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by jaybee8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a 50+ PPP with combo skin and rosacea, and this cleanser is working very well for me in the 4 weeks I've been using it! I was hesitant about trying it as my skin is very sensitive, but I really like its effect on my skin. Cleans, but doesn't dry it out (though, oddly, I had a bit of peeling skin the first couple of times I used this), and leaves it soft and even-toned. Another reviewer suggested wetting your hands, but not your face, when applying this cleanser and this works to clean your face, including removing makeup, but not waste any product. I find the scent very light, but definitely smells of essential oils -- which I far prefer to artificial scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2007 12:52:00 PM More reviews by snowwhiteRN

I am a Philosophy girl through and through. This is one of my all time favorite products. Very gentle cleanser. Good for sensitive skin. Cute sayings on the containers of all philosophy products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by LizaLindsey

Every time I eat sushi I try the ginger, thinking I will like it. Same for this cleanser. I have tried it many times thinking I must be wrong about it...it must be the best. No...I don't like it. Gives me clogging all along my cheeks and chin. I have to say that it would be perfect for someone dry/sensitive. It does get EVERYTHING off. I appreciate it as a brush cleaner and lingerie wash as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is okay, not more. Sure, it does an okay job cleaning the face. However, I find the scent a bit disgusting. For that reason I would not repurchase this cleanser. It is also very overpriced.

To sum it up, if you can stand the scent this is an average cleanser.
I have to say that Philosophy has so far dissapointed me when it comes to skincare.

For reference: I have normal to dry skin. Non-sensitive.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Annie_in_MN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this for years now. I always go back to it because it is the only cleanser I've found which really removes all makeup residue, including stubborn eye makeup, without stinging my eyes. It really does what I'm looking for in a cleanser, which is to clean my face, removing all makeup, without stripping my skin dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by bkramer947

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't care for this at all. The consistency is not great, the scent is gross and it broke out my skin. Ick. Overpriced and overhyped.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by thefreshprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a little sample of this in the Philosophy Birthday Girl pack which I received as a present, and I really like it! I used to find that when I used moisturiser (which I needed as I tend to get little dry patches on my face) I broke out, but I've been using this everyday for about 2 weeks and I can moisturise liberally and honestly my skin has never looked better! Really nice and I would recomend it to everyone.