October 20, 2014 | 1197 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by tamerella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all I must say that this is horrible I don't know if it's just me but I'm really noticing how maybelline's foundations have a red/orange tint to them, this was another one. If you want to have an orange or red tint to your face then go for it. Also if you have oily skin, don't even bother, it will just slide ride off leaving you looking like a greasy mess.No, but seriously no thanks is all that I can say for this foundation.This offers absolutely no coverage however if you have perfect skin then this is for you. The only positive was the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

The shades are very similar to the way NARS created the Sheer Glow selection. So they run yellow in most shades... keep that in mind when choosing one. It would be nicer with a pump bottle, but the bottle itself looks more expensive than drugstore foundations. I think this is better for dry to combination skin, unless you want a dewy look for oily skin. I feel that what they were aiming for is a natural effect foundation that still covers. I like to call them veil foundations, because they are soft and don't look like a mask or dry up. I love the texture and finish. I'm still a fan of the Dream Smooth foundation for quick makeup on dry skin, but this will be a better option for dry and combination skin. The reason that most drugstore brands don't have very light or very dark foundations is because it's harder to match those with the majority of people. If you have a past issue with breakouts, oxidizing makeup, or oily skin, then you need a primer before you use any foundation. There are more natural primers that don't break you out. Tarte makes one. Your oil production varies during the month, so if you dislike it, pick it up again in a week or two and see if there is a change. Color changes happen when oil and oxygen come into the mix. Some people have this issue with oil changing their foundation, but most do not. $6.48 is really cheap, even for a drugstore foundation. I am shade 125 in Fit Me, and 125 in Make Up For Ever HD. I'm NW25 in MAC, and I use Estee Lauder Double Wear in Fresco. Update: I see a lot of comments about this breaking them out. It takes two weeks for something to break you out, not a few days. So, whatever you used two weeks ago is the reason. Sometimes it's inevitable hormone acne. We are women and our hormones change throughout the month. You can't predict when it will decide to pop up, but it's been under the surface for longer than you think.

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't recall ever trying a maybelline foundation before...and I am SO IMPRESSED! I'm ever so glad they came out with this one. I don't know how the formula of this compares of their other foundations, but this one is amazing! It's so smooth and makes my skin look great! I have normal to oily skin, with very visible pores on my nose and cheeks and some redness around my nose. This product evened my skin out very nicely and made it look really healthy! Glowy, not dewy. It didn't totally camoflauge my pores, but it did improve the look of them. I add a mineral makeup (revlong colorstay mineral foudation) to help with oiliness and improve the coverage of this when necessary. I know drugstore products sort of come and go, but I really hope this one sticks around for a while--I am definitely a fan. The price is right--I just wish it had a pump or came in a tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by bhenchodh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have moderately combo oily skin with slight blemishes from sun damage, slight rosacea, a few lines, typical 30 something skin. I got this in sun beige (230). The bottle is cute and made of glass, def eye catching. No pump. Foundation is easy pour and very easy to apply with fingers, sponge or brush. It is too sheer for me as I like medium coverage. Its a tinted moisturizer for me. Color match was good with very slight pinkish cast in natural light ( I am very discerning about color match so good might be exact for others, thus I can't find any in MAC for me, closest is NC30/ 35 mixed, but it oxidizes, I love cover fx M40 cream for winter, and am constantly mixing colors as my skin shade changes in sunny cali weather). My problem was what happened 1 hour after: greasy mess, no run off but my face was slick with oil, not just t-zone. Plus it oxidized ever so slightly and settled in the 3 wrinkles I have. Thus returned it right away. Maybe a good choice dry, younger skin looking for TM.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by lovelylau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Right off the back, I hate the bottle. The product is very thin and it gets all into the top that's on the bottle, other than that it is nice looking. I got this in the color 355 Coconut. I thought it was going to be way too yellow for me but it isn't. I do find however that I'm not crazy about the coverage. I like a natural looking coverage but something about this did not go with my skin. I put this on one half of my face and put Colorstay in Cappuccino on the other half to compare and after 3 hrs I was much happier with how the Colorstay side looked. Two days later, the side of my face that had the Maybelline Fit Me on it, is disgustingly broken out. In areas that don't even break out on me. I'm very disappointed by this but at least it was cheap.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by sozz

I love this foundation. For the price, you can't do better. It works best with the corresponding pressed powder; so be sure to pick that up as well. I can do without the concealer and the blush, but I appreciate Maybelline's effort. I don't get oily after a few hours when I use this product. I've even fallen asleep before washing off my makeup a few times, and I didn't get any pimples (however, I don't recommend this practice). Def will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mekamakeupgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got it for around 7 bucks at walmart, which is really good compared to $11 for Revlon Colorstay. Its really smooth and goes on great especially with my fingers. It actually feels like water on my skin, but still gives me that really good coverage. But with more usage, i've noticed it kind of makes me look orange, which is weird because i have the lightest version (115). Its just.. okay? My jury is still out on this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by WesleysMom25

Don't waste your money. I saw this on Youtube and wanted to give it a try. While I was in the store, I got a bottle of the Revlon Colorstay that I wear to match the color with the Fit Me. I had a perfect match. I put it on my skin and you couldn't even tell the difference. The next morning when I did my makeup I used the Fit Me. It was horrible. My face was orange. I didn't understand. It was the exact same color that I wear in my Revlon. The Revlon doesn't make me orange. I had to go and take it off. I was not about to go in public with a orange face. I threw away the receipt on accident so I won't be able to return. I was so disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 7:46:00 AM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this about a month ago and it stood out to me, as a new product, I knew I had to try! I find that maybelline has a great variety of color matches and the consistency of the foundations doesn't break me out. The packaging of course caught my attention, it's different and sleek in a rectangular bottle and looks really nice. I liked how the display had little samples to test out colors from pink tones to yellow tones, I chose 220/natural beige (for ref. I am NC 35/37/C4). The color match was pretty good and it's really close to the 24 hour classic beige; I opened a bottle in the store to match it! (-; AND if you use smooth moose in 240 (also natural beige) it's almost identical to that color as well.

Overall, I don't find this foundation anything special, it really isn't a huge difference from any other foundation. It's not that long lasting and it makes me oily after a few hours and I'm not an oily person. I have dry/sensitive skin and this foundation makes me oily. Overall, good product and a cheap buy (@ walmart 6.48) but the only con I'd find in this is that it has that oilyyy affect. I do like it though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, lets see. I find that Maybelline foundations tend to go on the orange, or pinkish side. Which is something I like about them, seeing as I have pinkish skin, and anything yellow, or really orange would be bad for me.

I got a sample tester of this stuff, in the very lightest color. I'm a foundation snob, so I figured it wouldn't work well. So far, however, so decent. It settled into my ginormous pores like every foundation did, and caked up around my nose, and settled into my non existent wrinkles. (small smile lines, I'm still very young)

Same drugstore foundation kind of thing. However, it was very light, which I love. And hadn't broke me out. It wasn't crazy difficult to wash off, and had a normal smell.