January 27, 2015 | 1806 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation (Dewy + Smooth)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by sjc11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was attracted to this foundation because of how good the packaging looked. It was new on the market and I've always had good luck with Maybelline, so for about $6, I had no reason to NOT give it a chance. I'm usually unable to buy foundations from drugstores because I'm so fair and the lightest shades typically oxidize throughout the day and leave me looking more like I'm trying to hide my fair skin than flaunt it, which is not the case at all. So I bought the lightest shade of this foundation, and I've been choosing it over all my other foundations since. The color is great for me, it spreads well, I love the finish, for $6 it's such a steal! My skin is weird. It's oily and acne-prone, but I'm on a regimen that makes it dry and flaky so throughout the day it's oily and flaky...which is TERRIBLE. But this foundation doesn't dry me out and doesn't enhance my flakes, but I'm not an oil slick after using it either. Basically, I love it and I'll definitely be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by xoanac

I ran out of my MAC studio fix fluid(NC30) and before i purchased another, I wanted to give this foundation a shot. I have combo skin. I purchased it at Target for 6.99 in the shade 310. I LIKE this foundation. It has good medium coverage and is buildable. It has a soft smell that doesn't bother me. The only bad this is that it leaves my skin a bit over dewey, NOT greasy, so I know I will have to touch it up later in the day. I have to use my powder a bit more than usual to set it. I used my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush to apply. DO NOT use a lot at once, it is a little runny and will be hard to blend if too much is applied. If you do happen to put too much, use a make-up wedge to pick up and blend out the excess foundation. Overall for 6.99, this foundation is great :)

I wouldn't recommend for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by denyse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love the way , if really fits like a glove, very easy to apply to. my skin is very dry , and it is mid waterly , mid gel it love it!! but i wish there was a plumb. coz i keep losing the product.well, it is worth it,.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by avataryangchin

I have looked for a long time for a foundation for my 40 something dry skin, and this is perfect! I typically use clinique foundations, but it just wasnt working for me anymore, so I gave this product a try. It is a dewey finish which works perfectly for my dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by elclark101

I like the coverage of this product. I need to apply with a moistened sponge , I tried my stippling brush and it went on like crap. Although I don't think it lasts that well, but I do like how it looks at the beginning of the day. This does have the nicest finish of all my foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by dahoodmodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm an nc 50 in mac pro longwear and sff, I brought this to be a cheap foundation for daily wear. I loved the sleek packaging and price. Maybelline has expand the color range (they normally have about 8 shades in this there are 18) also like the idea of the matching powder and concealer (which I did not buy) . I got it in the darkest color coconut 355 it was any excellent match the coverage is light but buildable! But the smell is awful! And it made my oily combo skin look greasy (despite claims of being oil free) its like a dewy finish which does not translate well on my oily t zone! If you have dry/normal skin give it a try, oily/combo girls proceed with caution!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Dayday00

I first tried this foundation on my hand, to see the texture. I was amazed by the soft texture, the coverage and how well it hide the "pores" on my hand.
I finally bought it for 8$ CAD at Wal Mart. When I finally tried it on my face, I was surprised! The finish is dewy and quit natural. I love the coverage, that I find medium.
The packaging need a pump, but the bottle is quit classy!
Also, it's not a long-wearing foundation for my oily-combo skin. I really need to touch up during the day, but I'm so in love with it that I don't mind!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by kmod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a nice foundation for combo/dry skin. The finish is dewy and the coverage is medium. I wear 115 and am very pleased with this foundation. A very pleasant surprise for a drugstore foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this foundation to have a very watery, runny consistency...gross. coverage was light/sheer & while i would probably like that during the summer months, the foundation felt like it slipped right off my face. i have combo skin (oily/dry) and even with moisturizing, priming & setting, this foundation was just determined to not sit on my skin. i really hate that it's not a pump foundation & i find myself having to dip my brush into the bottle which just seems unsanitary, even if it's my own personal brush & bottle of foundation. i did try applying this with several techniques and brushes. i used a general foundation brush, a MAC 187, MAC 188 & a foundation sponge. no matter how i applied this foundation, it just never looked good. if you're able to test this before you buy, i would definitely suggest doing so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I purchased this in the shade 210 (sandy beige) which is the lightest in the 200 shade range (medium skintone) as the shades in the 100 range (light skintone) were far too pink or peach for my yellow undertones. When compared side-by-side in the bottle to Mac Prolongwear NC25 it is almost an exact match. Fit Me has a slight more golden hue to it. This is a tad dark for me, due to my pale winter skin, so I apply with a damp sponge to sheer it out a bit, and top with a slightly lighter powder to compensate.

I find this to be very lightweight, blendable, with light to medium coverage and is somewhat forgiving if you've purchased a shade too light/dark (given that you apply with a light hand). While not terribly longlasting, I do have combo/oily skin and have found that if I mix with a primer (not on top of a primer) it lasts all day, with no oxidation. It does not emphasize any lines, dry patches and does not become cakey if layered. I do not notice any strong scent and it is not thick in consistency (like Revlon Colorstay).

This gives my skin a very natural look; almost similar to that of a tinted moisturizer. It evens out my skin tone, while allowing my faint freckles to show through. It has a slight dewiness to it, which I love. I will most likely wear this on a daily basis, and keep other liquid foundations with full coverage for nighttime use or photography.

Packaging is sleek in appearance but lacks practicality. The pour-top bottle can be messy, but I usually shake, open and dip a spatula into the bottle and place in a dish to be mixed with my primer anyway.

This can be found at most drugstores and retails for approximatly $10 CDN. Shades available (that I've noticed) are limited to 12 (4 Light/4 Medium/4 Deep) unlike the 18 shades in the US.

**Concealer and powder shades accompying this line are also limited in Canada.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No