October 24, 2014 | 1736 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by chocol8eyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline has really done their research and made this as easy as they possibly could without having makeup artists waiting @ the drugstore for you! There are 3 sections of shade selections - light, medium, and deep. Each is placed in it's own row and has the concealers, pressed powders, blushes, bronzers to go with each shade. They have even taken the guessing outta which concealer & pressed powder goes with each foundation. There is really no way to screw this up - there are even little testers so that you can do swatches in the drugstore!

The packaging is drugstore-fabulous, despite the fact there is not a pump the rectanglar glass bottle looks very classy. It's very plain and simple and I like that - no writing all over the bottle, plain black screw on cap that matches the shape of the glass bottle.

The smell reminds me of baby powder & it's quite strong but I suppose there are worse scents out there :)

Application is flawless and easy! I use a foam wedge to pat on - starting with the center of my forehead, working my way out to my hairline and down my nose, then nose and work it out under my eyes to my cheeks, add a bit more to my cheeks to my hairline and jawline and then finish with my chin and blending down my jaw.

This is definitely for good-skin-days! The coverage is medium @ best and that's after a bit of building. I have oily skin but after using MUFE HD Powder to set the foundation it holds up great. Regardless of foundation, I touch up a couple times throughout the day with oil blotting sheets but really this wears great!

I have been using this for close to a month now and haven't noticed any oxidation or oranging of my foundation. I will have to say it has a SPF of 18 so I definitely wouldn't wear this for events or nights that your pics will be taken so that you don't get a whitecast in pictures. It's a great everyday or wkend foundation depending on the type of coverage you are seeking.

I found this @ Walmart for $6.45 for the foundation and all the other items were even cheaper! It's 1oz so really can't go wrong even trying it and not falling in love with it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by taya786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So just picked this up at a local walgreens, in the color 310 sun beige..
Came home and tried it on.. It's not bad at all the color looks great,although it does make my pores more obvious .. But I do like the color match for my nc37-40 skin... If I use a primer maybe my pores won't be so obvious. As far as the staying power I can't really say but I wore it for about 4 hrs and didn't have to touch up.. I have combination/ oily skin.. I got this for about 8.99 and the powder was 50% off.. I like this better with my true match powder n4.. I will update if it breaks me out or if my skin seems oily after primer.. 1 thing I would say is it's good to read ppls reviews but every1 has different skin tone and type.. So if you like something you should try it, it might workout for u:))

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I'm pissed. I tried several shades in the store by using their little tester on my wrist. I picked one which matched perfectly, and not surprisingly, it was a very similar shade to every other "winter" foundation I've ever bought. But the first time I applied this to my face, YUCK. ORANGE. Just an ugly bright orange color. I had to double check the bottle to make sure I got the right thing. I am so confused about what happened. I don't mind the light coverage as I don't have tons of problems to cover up but the orange is just not acceptable. I had such high hopes but instead it was money wasted.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by tamerella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all I must say that this is horrible I don't know if it's just me but I'm really noticing how maybelline's foundations have a red/orange tint to them, this was another one. If you want to have an orange or red tint to your face then go for it. Also if you have oily skin, don't even bother, it will just slide ride off leaving you looking like a greasy mess.No, but seriously no thanks is all that I can say for this foundation.This offers absolutely no coverage however if you have perfect skin then this is for you. The only positive was the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

The shades are very similar to the way NARS created the Sheer Glow selection. So they run yellow in most shades... keep that in mind when choosing one. It would be nicer with a pump bottle, but the bottle itself looks more expensive than drugstore foundations. I think this is better for dry to combination skin, unless you want a dewy look for oily skin. I feel that what they were aiming for is a natural effect foundation that still covers. I like to call them veil foundations, because they are soft and don't look like a mask or dry up. I love the texture and finish. I'm still a fan of the Dream Smooth foundation for quick makeup on dry skin, but this will be a better option for dry and combination skin. The reason that most drugstore brands don't have very light or very dark foundations is because it's harder to match those with the majority of people. If you have a past issue with breakouts, oxidizing makeup, or oily skin, then you need a primer before you use any foundation. There are more natural primers that don't break you out. Tarte makes one. Your oil production varies during the month, so if you dislike it, pick it up again in a week or two and see if there is a change. Color changes happen when oil and oxygen come into the mix. Some people have this issue with oil changing their foundation, but most do not. $6.48 is really cheap, even for a drugstore foundation. I am shade 125 in Fit Me, and 125 in Make Up For Ever HD. I'm NW25 in MAC, and I use Estee Lauder Double Wear in Fresco. Update: I see a lot of comments about this breaking them out. It takes two weeks for something to break you out, not a few days. So, whatever you used two weeks ago is the reason. Sometimes it's inevitable hormone acne. We are women and our hormones change throughout the month. You can't predict when it will decide to pop up, but it's been under the surface for longer than you think.

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't recall ever trying a maybelline foundation before...and I am SO IMPRESSED! I'm ever so glad they came out with this one. I don't know how the formula of this compares of their other foundations, but this one is amazing! It's so smooth and makes my skin look great! I have normal to oily skin, with very visible pores on my nose and cheeks and some redness around my nose. This product evened my skin out very nicely and made it look really healthy! Glowy, not dewy. It didn't totally camoflauge my pores, but it did improve the look of them. I add a mineral makeup (revlong colorstay mineral foudation) to help with oiliness and improve the coverage of this when necessary. I know drugstore products sort of come and go, but I really hope this one sticks around for a while--I am definitely a fan. The price is right--I just wish it had a pump or came in a tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by bhenchodh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have moderately combo oily skin with slight blemishes from sun damage, slight rosacea, a few lines, typical 30 something skin. I got this in sun beige (230). The bottle is cute and made of glass, def eye catching. No pump. Foundation is easy pour and very easy to apply with fingers, sponge or brush. It is too sheer for me as I like medium coverage. Its a tinted moisturizer for me. Color match was good with very slight pinkish cast in natural light ( I am very discerning about color match so good might be exact for others, thus I can't find any in MAC for me, closest is NC30/ 35 mixed, but it oxidizes, I love cover fx M40 cream for winter, and am constantly mixing colors as my skin shade changes in sunny cali weather). My problem was what happened 1 hour after: greasy mess, no run off but my face was slick with oil, not just t-zone. Plus it oxidized ever so slightly and settled in the 3 wrinkles I have. Thus returned it right away. Maybe a good choice dry, younger skin looking for TM.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by lovelylau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Right off the back, I hate the bottle. The product is very thin and it gets all into the top that's on the bottle, other than that it is nice looking. I got this in the color 355 Coconut. I thought it was going to be way too yellow for me but it isn't. I do find however that I'm not crazy about the coverage. I like a natural looking coverage but something about this did not go with my skin. I put this on one half of my face and put Colorstay in Cappuccino on the other half to compare and after 3 hrs I was much happier with how the Colorstay side looked. Two days later, the side of my face that had the Maybelline Fit Me on it, is disgustingly broken out. In areas that don't even break out on me. I'm very disappointed by this but at least it was cheap.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by sozz

I love this foundation. For the price, you can't do better. It works best with the corresponding pressed powder; so be sure to pick that up as well. I can do without the concealer and the blush, but I appreciate Maybelline's effort. I don't get oily after a few hours when I use this product. I've even fallen asleep before washing off my makeup a few times, and I didn't get any pimples (however, I don't recommend this practice). Def will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mekamakeupgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got it for around 7 bucks at walmart, which is really good compared to $11 for Revlon Colorstay. Its really smooth and goes on great especially with my fingers. It actually feels like water on my skin, but still gives me that really good coverage. But with more usage, i've noticed it kind of makes me look orange, which is weird because i have the lightest version (115). Its just.. okay? My jury is still out on this foundation.