November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this new foundation! My color is 220 natutal beige. I thought this would be dewy and light coverage, but it works super well for my combo skin. Blends beautifully and lasts all day. I'm impressed that anybody's even releasing a new foundation under eight dollars. I will certainly buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

FIT me! is a new line from Maybelline that seems to focus on a light, natural look and the finish of the liquid foundation of the line reflects that. Even the packaging, simple and chic, seems to fit this theme and the glass bottle with the simple logo confined only to the cap, looks nice on the dresser.

First, let's get to the positives - the formulation is stellar and breathable. This liquid foundation has a thin but frictionless, soft consistency that makes it comfortable to apply. I had no problems blending it.

The finish here is easily the stand-out feature. It's low-coverage like a TM but does somehow do a really good job of evening out skintone. You will need blemish concealer though!

Also, some have said this is 'dewy' but I think that's a stretch - this isn't nearly 'wet' enough or 'glowy' enough to be called dewy and to do so might deter oily gals from sampling it. Rather, I'd call this finish 'healthy/silky.' Whatever you label it, it's beautiful and easily one of the nicest finishes I've ever seen.

With all this praise, you may be wondering why I'm only giving it 'average' marks. Well, because of the color selection. The two palest shades are way too pinky and this is apparent in the bottle and it only gets more apparent as it oxidizes on the face post-application. You can get away with this in yellow lighting due to the sheerness but in natural light? No way.

If you are MMM, definitely check out this line, otherwise? Pale girls... prepare to be left out. Again. Sigh.

continued >>

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by kiimuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical that none of the shades in this line would match my yellow-toned skin. However, I opted to try out Buff Beige (130), and to my surprise it blends well with my skintone. This may be due in part to the foundation's lighter coverage. It blends easily and smoothly with just my fingers, and the scent (yes, it is lightly scented) does not linger after application. This really relieved me, as I can't stand the smell of Revlon ColorStay as it still remains on my face when I apply it, hence the switch to a better and more affordable drugstore foundation. I also like how it blends better around my eyes, and really helps cover up my under-eye circles pretty well without the aid of a concealer. Definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by plasticvagabond

I bought this at Walgreens after being a bit skeptical for a few weeks. I was fed up with all foundation and swore it off for awhile. I could never find my EXACT color. The FIT ME foundation section in my local walgreens made it so easy, you could actually try samples...after a few test strips I found my shade. I now know that I am a perfect Medium220. =]

So I instantly went home and tried it out. The bottle is so "expensive" looking and elegant. The application was effortless, it glides on so smoothly, *I use my hands. It doesn't look cakey at all! I would say that it is very similar to a really good, FULL coverage tinted moisturizer(WAYYY better though) since it does give you a glowy dewey look. To absorb a bit of the shine I do sweep a very small amount of loose powder across my T-zone. I also love the smell of it, and the fact that it feels like you aren't wearing anything but you still get EXCELLENT coverage. My skin looks flawless, I have received SO many compliments since using it.Seems like it would be a great buy for all skin types.

But overall, I AM IN LOVE with this product!! So I will be buying it again and again!

CONS:
I absolutely MUST set this because I have oily skin and this tends to get VERY shiny as the day progresses.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by sandwichgirl

Finally a foundation I like! It blends beautifully and looks great--clean and natural. I use shade 120 and it's a little darker than most other Ivories. The only complaint that I have it that I have to apply powder a couple times throughout the day to get rid of shine. That may be caused from my moisturizer, though. I also bought the matching powder and am going to try the concealer. This foundation is great if you hate that heavy make-up feel like I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by IhearHelloKitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I don't like wearing liquid foundation, but this I am inlove with. I have combo acne prone skin. I just wear oil controlling powder and it lasts all day!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I bought this foundation after seeing it fist displayed at my local Wal-Mart. I very excited to try it. After getting it home, I started reading the ingredients listed on the back (must peel back label sticker to get to such. I noticed that fragrance is listed as an ingredient.That is a big No-No for most people (includig me!). So,I ended up returning mines for a refund.

Maybelline has got to do better!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jayluvsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! I am a make-up addict. I seen this in Walmart and had to try it. I am a MAC nc 45 and it is really hard to find a drugstore brand that works for me, since these were only 6.48 I bought 3 shades. 320, 350 and a 355. The 320 was perfect for me. It blends flawlessly with my skin. My only issue is my skin is super oily so I did have to powder after a few hours.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by aperfectsonnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation in crisis mode after the CoverGirl Trublend foundation I had purchased turned into a disaster. I have to say, this product is amazing! It looks like my skin, only better! My NC20 skin is usually very hard to match- foundations either make my skin look too pInk or too orange. The match was perfect, and let my skin shine through! It evened everything out without covering my beauty marks and the coverage was extremely buildable. I can't even feel it on my face! I just look dewey and glowing!!

I love this product. I can't wait to try the concealers. I just wish it came with a pump. But the bottle is totally cute and the formula doesn't get all stopped up like CoverGirl Clean. More than worth my $8 :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Angela74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked the way this felt on my skin,however my store did not have samples so I had to use the plastic color swatch in order to find my shade. While the shade I chose looked good in the store I realized once I got it home and tried it on that it was very orange on my skin so this will be going in the trash.