April 17, 2014 | 960 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by ooyalilbebeoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't understand all the bad reviews for this product. It separates my lashes amazingly well, adds length and volume, and stays on all day while retaining the same curl I gave it this morning. It's awesome. And yes, it has a perfumey smell, but it's not THAT bad. I can't smell my eyelashes throughout the day like some people claim. The only reason I gave this a 4 is that it's hard to get the lashes at the corner of my eye because the brush is pretty big. Otherwise, I personally love this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by larsonwendy

My new favorite!
I have **almost** nothing bad to say about this mascara.
I have skinny, light, short, barely there lashes and 2 coats of this volumizes and lengthens. I love this because it doesn't make them so long that I can see lashes in my peripheral vision like with falsies and some other mascaras that are supposed to lengthen (does that make sense? can anybody else do that or am I just weird?)
One coat would suffice but out of habit I put on 2. I love that the color of the tube is almost this dayglow yellow so it's easy to see at the bottom of my purse (I should paint everything I own this color)
The ONLY bad thing is that if you have the nasty habit of accidently rubbing your eyes like I do at the end of a long day, it will flake (not smear...flake) and the flakes attach themselves under your eyes. I won't blame this on the mascara however because you shouldn't rub your eyes EVER.
It's at a great price point and has zero smell.
Will certainly buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by chaovivi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i forgot to bring mascara one day and had to borrow my sister's.
she still very young so she only uses drugstore mascara.
i dont really like this masacara. the only thing i like about it is it holds curls.
other than that, it makes my lashes look very dry and brittle.
and it smells horrible.
smell like something dangerous i shouldnt put near my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by kmkssm

I have this in Black Glam which is a deep, shiny black. I am very pleased with this product. One word of warning DO NOT let the tube turn upside down in you makeup drawer. I did and all the product came oozing out everywhere. Have you ever tried to put mascara back in that little opening? Except for that I have had very good results. I only need a couple of coats to give nice looking lashes, minimal clumping/ flakes. I found that if I put on all coats at once not allowing for drying in between there is less clumps and flakes. This mascara tends to hold curl better than others I have used. No issue with smearing. Good all around mascara, well worth 6.00 I paid. Love the bright yellow tube, easy to find when mixed with other makeup. I wish all makeup was packaged in bright colorful containers.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by AliceScythe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara is my top pick at the moment. Its super dark, holds a curl very well and makes my lashes look great.

I will say don't let it dry between coats. Try to get your lashes the way you want them to look before it fully drys. It will look clumpy and bad when layered again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 9:27:00 AM More reviews by anniemouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Oh yes! Still searching for The One in terms of mascara (will I ever, I wonder?!); but I'd say top spot at the moment is shared by Max Factor Masterpiece Max, and this beauty.
The yellow packaging ensures I can find it quickly through my morning haze of uncoordinated flailing; the brush is nice and chunky, it's not really BLACK super dooper wow eye popping miraculous, but I don't need half as much to make an impact as with some other brands. I quite like the smell too :>)
Definitely a decent black mascara that gives my eyes volume and definition, and to be fair, I think the only way I'll get something more dramatic is by wearing falsies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't been pleased with a mascara now for at least a year. This is a great inky black mascara that doesn't smudge as much as others and goes on quite wet. Good deal, especially BOGO at Rite Aid or wherever. I think the color I got is called Glam Black. Definitely the darkest mascara I've seen in awhile. Holds the curl quite well also.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by jubeywho

I probably wont buy this again because the formula is too thin and wet for my taste. I dont feel it is as good as the regular volum' express. I got it in color black and it was a very dark pigmented black. One good thing though was the brush is pretty spindly and separates your lashes well. Also, it does have a very strong floral scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Drea818

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It gives me lots of volume and separates my lashes so they don't look clumped up. I don't use it much because its waterproof and a hassle to take off. Its really nice though

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by cristinalicia

My HG mascara. It does everything I need it lengthens, add volume, hold a curl and I just love it! I can't believe ppl are complaining about the scent. I always thought mascara went on your eyelashes, not on your nose! I thought I liked lash blast, but this one is the winner. I never did care for lash blast's brush. I'm so happy I found this and that it only cost $5 at walmart. Yay :)