August 20, 2014 | 1064 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Colossal Volum' Express--Classic Black

I was not impressed at all by this mascara. It did not add volume to my lashes although it did add some length. The formula is wet and it does not flake or clump. The brush is large and round and I have a hard time applying the product on my lashes. I end up with mascara on my lids. This mascara has a scent that I dislike. The worst thing about this product is that it smudges and gives me raccoon eyes. I will not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading so many mixed reviews about this mascara, I've decided to give it a try since I have medium length and straight Asian lashes. The smell (as expected) is weird but it works wonders for my lashes!!! I can see the improvement in length and volume after 2 coats. It doesn't clump if you apply the coats when it's still wet. Definitely the best volumising mascara I've used.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kellywilson0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had read rave reviews about this mascara, so I figured I'd try it out. To be honest, I wasn't really all that impressed...it clumped more than my Maybelline Full 'n Soft, and didn't provide the volume/length that my Full 'n Soft and my Cover Girl Lash Blast did...plus, it ended up all under my eyes...not a good look. Overall, I won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by mamamanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is alright I prefer it over some other drug store mascaras but I, like some others, noticed the formula being different from tube to tube. My friend bought hers the same day and times I have used hers it makes my lashes more cleanly defined whereas mine has a thicker consistency. It gave me a fair amount of curl but my lashes do tend to curl quite easily. I gave this to my mother as i got over it pretty fast. She loves it as she has super thin lashes and finds it hard to get a mascara that doesn't irritate her eyes. It doesnt flake on me and dries quite fast so its good for a rushed natural day. I would honestly say a 3.5

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by portalhop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a lottttt of compliments when I first started wearing this mascara. It held a curl, made my lashes super long, and gave them volume. But, after using this for about a week, the consistency started to wear down. It was really weird. My lashes started to flake and look spidery. I don't think I'll buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Valentina1234

I bought this when it first came out and it gave me great lashes. They looked like false lashes. The formula was wet and it took time to dry.

After two months, I purchased it again, and I noticed there wasn't much mascara in it. After I used it two or three times, the tube was empty.

Recently I purchased it again and it was dry. I returned two tubes and rebought it, and they too were dry. They change the formula as soon as the new batch it gone. This is stupid as no one is buying it anymore and they are selling them, buy one and get one free. One mascara that's good is better than a million that are bad. Maybelline has a new formula eveyr month. Give us a good product.

When I put on the new mascara, my eye was irritated. I took them back.

I do not need a mascara tube that has no mascara in it. Instead of spending money on new campaigns, give us a mascara that has product in it and lasts.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Throne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ive been using this product for exactly 3 months and ive come to say this has been one of the more interesting products ive ever review. (I know, whats so interesting about mascara?)
The product was...interesting. The first couple of times i wore it i hated it , it made my lashes look clumpy and too flaky looking. About maybe 3 weeks in i began to love it as it began to send my eyelashes sky rocking high and made them look very clean and natural looking. One strange experience though was one day i picked up my trusty mascara, opened it and all the mascara was on the wand. Literally , it was just all the make up that was in the tube was all over the wand. I ended up setting it down upwards and reached for my lash blast. A day later it was back to normal but i really had no explanation to what happened since at the time i only really had it for a month and i didnt have the funds to buy another.
The price wasnt bad, it was like the regular price of a drug store mascara, which i dont mind.
The packaging definitely very eye catching but very misleading. It says "voluminous" on the package, which can be a problem for people who are looking for a mascara that pumps your eyelashes up. Personally, my eyelashes stayed pretty normal, either then a bit of a lash increase.No volume what so ever.
Overall good product but i can say it was a bit difficult as one can tell. Its a good product, but randomly it can put all the product on the wand for no reason at all. It also says volumizing when there is vertically nothing in it to do this. I would buy this product again though, i do like how my eyelashes ended up in the end...after 3 week and till today. I would recommend others to buy it if they want a decent mascara that will lengthen and clean up their eyelashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by MySilentHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

With eye-catching packaging, I thought I'd give the new Maybelline mascara a try, and I was sadly dissapointed.

For something that is labelled 'Volume' it does not live up to it's name.
It lengthens and separates, but does not thicken my lashes at all (even after several coats!)

Huge brush, lovely unique packaging, but wrongly labelled...

Should read "Colossal Defining Express" instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

No bad for $5.50 (at Wal-Mart) Since the recession has officially hit my beauty routine, this is a great drugstore substitute for pricier mascaras. Does not flake, smudge and lasts all day until I take it off. Easy removal, too. It separates and lengthens more than gives volume, but I am pleased. Like it better than Lash Stiletto and the pink and green tube ones. I tried this in Glam Black. The only downside is the big brush but I am learning to work it on my puny light colored lashes!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by KawaiiKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't like this mascara at all. Has this floral smell to it. Gave me spider lashes when i applied it. It lengthened but didn't give me any curl or volume. The only good thing is that it's really easy to take it off, you don't need to rub your eyes out. Gave it to my friend and she loved it. Won't be purchasing again.