St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

This scrub is such a blessing!

Unfortunately, my family has a history of acne and breakouts on the face and shoulders, which isn't too appealing for any girl to have. Once I started gently exfoliating with this scrub on a daily basis before bed, there has been such a noticeable improvement! My shoulders don't flair up as much and my face has become so clear.

My skin says thank you :-)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just finished this up and I won't be repurchasing. I like the apricot scent and how exfoliating it is, but I don't have 5 minutes to stand in front of the sink every night trying to wash every last sandy particle off my face. I'm switching to a creamier cleanser that's easier to deal with.

I think the other reviewers may be right. This is a very harsh scrub. I used it a ton when I was younger and had perfect skin. Now, I think it is too abrasive for my face. However, this is great for body-- back, arms, butt.

HORRIBLE. Yes, lets all get micro cuts all over our face! Did you catch the sarcasm?
This product ends up on favourite lists all the time and it is mind boggling to me! Do people not realize that a safe, healthy scrub has round particles? This scrub has harsh, abrasive edges that are akin to razor blades. Actually, there you go! Take razor blades and scrap them all over your face. Same thing.
Iím also an esthetician and in school they even told us that it is just about the worst scrub you can use on your face because youíre causing serious damage to your epidermis (top layer of skin) because it does in fact cut your skin.
There are MUCH better scrubs out there for you that donít harm the skin.

This is a very harsh product. Large scrub particles with sharp edges that are really too big to get into pores and clean them out effectively. I would assume that the majority of the people who have had positive results with this product are those that are young or have very thick skin that bounces back from damage quickly. The best that can be said about this product is that it will get rid of the layer of dead skin and make it easier for people to squeeze their blackheads. Unfortunately it will also damage a couple of layers of live skin. There are quite a few inexpensive scrubs on the market with small, rounded particles. You're better off using a gentler scrub 2 or 3 times a week than using this once a week.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Eugh, this stuff is like sand. Of course, sand and grit is great for sloughing off dead cells, but it leaves my skin so red and sore its unbeliveable. And I found that if I used it last thing at night, with plenty of scrubbing to get it off, there was still bits of the product on my face. I mean, exfoliating shouldn't be such had work!!!
Although it's fairly good for use on elbows and knees...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this scrub. im just recently stopping the pri-activ, so i did some research on MUA to find a good clean scrub. so here i am, and im in LOVE. i have had this scrub a lil over a week and WOW what an amazing thing. it did cause me to break out, but it was getting out the impurities that pro-activ couldnt. AWESOME stuff. im now clean and clear, well almost. i have VERY oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin. THANK U, everyone 4 recommending this scrub!!!

UPDATE::::

horrible 4 my oily skin. broke me out disgustingly after 4 wks. my skin is now a royal mess bc this just shredded me. great 4 me feet tho.

I've used this stuff for six years even though it didn't do anything for my face. I've read that the ingredients (cornmeal, walnut) are actually abrasive to the skin. In general I have many pimples so I can't tell if the scrub helps or worsens them.
However, this stuff might be better for the body (butt and back). I mix it with my shaving cream to ensure a smoother shave while exfoliating.

This scrubs doesn't exfoliate well enough for my face, but it somewhat moisturize my skin. I love the apricot smell and I love using it on my neck and arms. I find it working better on my neck and arms, it makes it so soft and smooth. I also use this on my feet also and it works great for it. After I scrub my feet with St. Ives, I rinsed and pat it, but leave it a little damp and put some foot cream and ahhhh my feet feels clean, soft and smooth. I will repurchase, because it's inexpensive and it works good as a foot scrubs.

I love, love it! I always keep on at the shower, you can use it for both face and body. After using this, my skin totally glows and feels very refreshing. The only neg is the package, it leaks sometimes.