St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 4/29/2008 10:32:00 PM

i really do love this stuff...but they've changed it. i bought the blemish fighting apricot cleanser, and the renewing apricot scrub recently, wanting to try something new, and it was not scrub. it was creamier, with little beads in it. so i figured i got the wrong stuff, and went and got the blemish fighting apricot cleaner. still creamy, and this stuff has the little red beads. i'm used to the much more scrubby stuff. i like that way better. maybe i need to get used to it. i just tried the blemish fighting stuff and my face feels nice, but i dunno, i like the scrubbier stuff better. anyone else gotten the newer formula? or did i just buy the wrong stuff...twice?

on 4/23/2008 12:05:00 PM

I use Oil of Olay for my daily face wash with good results but I find itís a little light on deep-cleaning power. So once or twice a week I substitute this to really get in there and scrub everything clean. Itís a little harsh for every day use but once or twice a week is fine as long as I use it gently and not like a maniac. Plus I find that it does a great job of cleaning that I really donít need to scrub more than that. It smells really good and leaves my face feeling soft for days. It also gets rid of the little flakes of skin that my regular cleanser just doesnít seem to get. This is and will probably remain my HG for deep-cleaning.

on 4/19/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Before trying St. Ives scrub, I had been using the Proactive Cleanser for several years. The Proactive Cleanser was made of a granular substance as well. If the important thing is sloughing away dead skin cells to avoid blemishes, I didn't see why St. Ives wouldn't do the trick just as well. I have since been using the St. Ives scrub for several months and have been pretty pleased with the results (and it smells pretty good, too). Better than then the tiny expensive bottle I was buying from Proactive! Only thing - if you're wearing a lot of makeup, you might want to use an alternative method to remove it before using this scrub.

on 4/19/2008 2:37:00 PM

I stopped buying this when I started making my own scrub out of brown sugar, olive oil and honey. I am now stopping that because it's far too harsh and leaves my skin irritated which never used to happen... but back to the apricot scrub. It's such a good product, not too rough or too small to work, the creamy stuff is nice too and makes skin very soft. Smells really great and fresh. I think i'll go out and buy me some of this tomorrow.

UPDATE
I've compared this to other scrubs and decided it is much too rough and damaging to the skin. When you exfoliate it is not supposed to hurt your face or feel like its being torn so i will not use this again.

on 4/17/2008 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Oh man, this stuff is evil. When I was young, I used this stuff almost every day because I thought it would help clear my acne. And I wondered why my face was always so red. hahah, young fool I was. Just for the record, this does not improve acne in any way. It's fine to use once a month on your face or in the shower for knees and elbows.

on 4/16/2008 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Overall, I this product was okay- only. It did clear up my skin after using it for a bit. But, it was a bit harsh! The microbeads in it felt 'painful' in a way. So, I stopped using it. But, it does smell delicious!

on 4/12/2008 11:27:00 PM

this stuff is great, it made my skin so smooth. i use it twice a week and follow it up with a moisturizer. in the morning my skin is baby soft. it doesn't do much for acne(my cleanser takes care of that) but it doesn't irritate it either. it also smells really good!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This scrub is one of the best. The great smell and the way it makes my skin so soft makes the perfect combination for a facial scrub. One of my friends even commented on how clear my face looked, and another loved the fresh apricot smell. I'm not sure how this product works on sensitive skin, but it definately worked for my (fairly sentitive, yet oily) skin. My advice? Buy it, use it, love it :)

on 4/8/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a good scrub, but extremely abrasive. It's a little scary to use it on the facial area because the grains are so large. I wouldn't use it more than once every couple of weeks, and even then I'd be careful to be very gentle and not rub it in too hard. However, it does exfoliate very well and leaves skin soft and radiant. It's extremely inexpensive as well. If you prefer a heavy duty scrub, this is a good choice. For myself, I prefer kiss my face scrub/mask. It is similar, but more gentle with a honey almond scent. It is also $6 a tub which is pricier than this one. I'm going to try the Queen helene honey almond scrub and the mint juleep scrub and see how they compare.

I love this stuff. If you are looking for some serious scrubbing action, this is the one scrub you. It's very inexpensive and leaves you soft, yet slightly dry (thatís probably just my own dry skin though). That is the best and worst feature of it. If you are sensitive to physical irritation, this will not be good for you. Plus, if you use it too often or too hard, you could hurt your skin. But for a weekly sloughing of skin, this works great.