Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 1/15/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like the more dramatic look for my lashes, so this mascara was pretty decent. It pretty much gives you the results you ought to expect from any drugstore mascara. I liked how black it went on, which is a big pro. It really does add pretty good volume and decent length. You have to really play around to get the length right, though. Don't let it dry between coats or you'll have tiny clumps everywhereeee. Otherwise, building should be easy. For best results, I start at the root and slowly wiggle my way up using only the front half of the brush.
My only real complaints: It crumbles easily, it smells funky, and it comes off way too easy if your eyes are touching anything.
I'd probably repurchase, as those are minor cons.

on 1/14/2010 6:32:00 PM

Pros:
-Volumizes
-Lengthens
-Visible difference in lashes. It delivers, as usual (Maybelline's wonderful)

Cons:
-OMG the SMELLL. What is that deadly stench from that tube?! It smells toxic
-The packaging IS a bit unflattering.

Worked well on me, best friend said it was horribly clumping on her.

I saw this on a coworker and it made her lashes look great so I bought a tube. Honestly, this did not deliver. My lashes don't look bad but they aren't as voluminous as I had anticipated. It is a bit clumpy and it did take a few minutes to apply nicely. Overall, it just seems average to me. The main reason why I will not purchase it again is because it burns my eyes (I am prone to this with some brands). The smell is just straight up gross to me as well. It does not smell like roses imo.

on 1/13/2010 9:16:00 PM

The best thing about this is the eye-catching colors of the packaging. I have fairly long, thick lashes and did not obtain the false-eyelash look that a really good mascara will give me. Not worth the effort.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The only thing I find colossal about this mascara is the big yellow packaging. It claims to make the volume up to 9X on you lashes but I'm not really impressed. It just seems like and average masacra that i ended up paying a little too much for. The only pro i can state that it is washable like the package states but thats about it. It also seems to like to smudge.

on 1/13/2010 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this does give volume, and it does make your lashes show up, but it clumps like crazy and after the end of the day i would always have flakes of the product under my eyes. it also is very messy when applying, i kept smudging the product on my face. not worth it to me.

This is my favourite mascara at the moment, it adds maximum volume lenth and volume and you're done in one or two layers.... just magnificent!!
I've read my former favourite Full'n Soft will be dicontinued so this one is a worthy succcessor. And it's cheap!

on 1/11/2010 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

this has to be one of my all time favorite mascara, and it makes me sad that not many share my love for it. The first time, i tried it with just the mascara, and i found that it didnt clump at all and lengthened nicely so at first i was like meh full n soft does the same thing, but the next time when i applied it after my liquid liner (lancome artliner) i found that it thickened at the bottom and fanned it out beautifully, lemme tell you, i was SHOCKED hehe, so using it with some form of eyeliner tightlined into the eyelashes acts as a thickener & just let the mascara do the rest of the work & my eyelashes looked crazy good in photos btw. As for the smell, i always liked rose scented things so i never had a prob with the smell & found it fades quickly, & i got it for $5 at walmart, so...hey ya never know until ya try :).
Edit: I've repurchased, but with waterproof this time around, I'm still loving it, applies like the original and lasts just as long. Just love.

Uggh, this product was so clumpy! My eyelashes felt like they were glued together in big clumps, it was so bad! The formula for this was not right at all. I did like the packaging, however- the yellow and blue was a cute combination. ;)

Unfortunately, this mascara smudges and also caused stinging of my eyes. CG Lash Blast is HG material.