Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

This is my favorite mascara, it makes me look like I have fake eyelashes on.

on 12/19/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i hate how this smells of rose.. why??? it's a product used close enough to the nose that it's not wearable, for me anyways. i have no problems with clumping.. i apply 2 coats and i get good results.. i wouldnt buy this again just cuz of the rose scent. very unnecessary.

on 12/19/2009 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A limerick review for Maybelline's The Colossal.

Although it pains me to admit,
The "volume!" hype is quite legit.
I've grown rather fond
Of the chubbier wand
But oh my God, this smells like... poop.

on 12/18/2009 2:28:00 PM

its an okay mascara. i liked it alright, but i am still on the hunt for the perfect mascara.... it gives pretty good volume, but nothing phenomenal. it actually looks pretty natural in my opinion

on 12/18/2009 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

with the volum express, I love the fact that it tinted and curls my eyelashes naturally, no false eyelashes looking here, so it's great for everyday wear. plus it doesn't clump nor smudge. I took off one lippe because they call it volum express, but it doesn't seem to add volume, more of natural curly eyelashes, which I don't mind of course. will repurchase when I ran out

on 12/17/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is probably my favorite mascara ever.The brush is the best;it doesn't goop on too much mascara like the new Rimmel mascara.I've own that one and it is horrible.So clumpy.But this one right here is the best.It seperates my lashes and it's so buildable without those hideous spidery lashes/clumps.I might even keep the brush after I'm done so I can use it as a eyelash comb since I don't have one and it seems handy to have.I'm always on the hunt for new mascaras and this *might* be a keeper.

on 12/17/2009 5:52:00 PM

VERY good! Works perfect, lasts all day and night! :)

on 12/17/2009 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara. it gave me really great volume and the length was ultra impressive. People though my lashes were fake because they were super long and pretty. It's doesnt clump as well so thats a huge plus.

on 12/16/2009 3:31:00 PM

This mascara gives a lot of length, but little volume. You can work with it to build up volume, but if will never give you super thick lashes. I have the waterproof version and even that smudges. So I will not repurchase. Covergirl Lash Blast is still my favorite.

The quality of this mascara isn't consistent from tube to tube for me. My first was wonderful but flaked mildly. My second tube was absolutely perfect, and my third (and final) tube flakes like nobody's business! I simply can't depend on the quality of this mascara to be the same from batch to batch. I'm taking this off my holy grail list!