November 28, 2014 | 1439 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2003 9:34:00 PM More reviews by pinky0710

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, after all the talking about La Mer I decided to spend $ 90 on this one, hoping that I wouldn't like it very much. Turn out I was wrong....

It gives me a nice glow, smooth skin like baby's bottom, even tone and just look healthy. You only need a dime when you apply it, so I hope one jar could last me for 6 months.
I have combo skin, and it doesn't cause any breakout at all.
Definitely a keeper, worth every penny

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2003 12:21:00 AM More reviews by GreedyWitch

Everything about this product is true--it's AMAZING, PERFECT, and MIRACULOUS!
The thick creme, avoided like the plague by those afflicted with acne-prone skin, came as a warm welcome to my somewhat blemished complexion. After constant usage, and incorporation of the intensie serum, my skin has never been clearer and healthier.
LA MER IS FABULOUS and worth EVERY PENNY!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2003 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Maxie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this after a SA recommended it for my frequent flying dry skin. After dropping a good deal of money, boy was I disappointed! It simply did not work on my skin (combo, sensitive). It broke me out, and didn't even keep me feeling moist. It also left me a little red looking. So, I tried it as an eye cream, hearing that it was good for that. I got millia. I'm now using it as a hand creme and a lip balm, and liking it for those uses. The jar packaging makes it hard to get product out. A little expensive for hand creme, but at least it is getting used. Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2003 1:59:00 PM More reviews by molare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I caved in and shelled out $90 for a 1 ounce jar after hearing so much about it from the media, magazines, celebrities..etc. Have to say this is probably a much overhyped product. I have combination skin with dry cheeks in the winter, and this does little to moisturize my skin. It does feel greasy when I first put it on my face before going to bed, but the next morning instead of glowing soft skin, my cheeks would still feel sort of tight and dry. I've used other night creams that are less expensive yet does a better hyrdation job than this cream does. As soon as I am done using up this jar, I am back to using my Clarins Renew Lotion and Multi-Active night lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2003 3:35:00 PM More reviews by wells1991

I got some of this expensive cream on ebay, a sample pot for about $20.00. I love the consistency, and have applied a bit under my eyes twice today- So far, I am happy with the results. It is expensive, but I will continue to use it, and will probably spring for the full jar at some point. - March 5, 2003 update - I am loving this cream more and more each day - it is my 3:00 pm eye pick-me-up at the office. I now carry another sample pot in my purse - great on my lips too, and the secret is in the application. One swipe with a ring finger, rub with other ring finger to emulsify, and then pat, pat - bye bye dry and puffy!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2003 1:16:00 AM More reviews by stephanierizzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very intrigued by this product for the longest time, but was turned off because of the price. Finally, I was able to get a sample and ohmygod, it was terrible! I have very dry skin, so I thought it would be wonderful. I used it once, and I was literally in pain the entire day. I waited a few days, and same thing, and it dried out my skin even more. I cant believe what a disappointment this product was. Thank god for free samples.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2003 3:55:00 AM More reviews by clafelz

I started using this moisturizer about 3 years ago. After I got over the shock of how much it cost, which took weeks, I noticed my skin was healthier than I could ever remember. I also get compliments on my skin all the time. Friends ask me what I did to my skin. This is a fabulous product and I will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2003 3:53:00 PM More reviews by dana

I am really sorry to say this, but I am enamored by this cream. I normally have combo skin prone to oiliness, but this winter has been particularly unkind to my skin and left me with flakes and painful dryness. I have been nursing a deluxe La Mer sample for several weeks now. It sinks into the skin so well, undoubtedly the easiest time I have ever had with a moisturizer. It is thick, yes, but it does not over hydrate the skin, nor does it sit on top in a gunky layer as thicker creams are wont to do. It soothes away the flakes and calms down irritation. I haven't had any breakouts from this in the three week time period I have been spot treating with it. I am really thinking I have to purchase this cream. Believe me, I don't want to. But it is working extremely well. Anyone want to help me hold up Saks? =p

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2003 1:12:00 PM More reviews by merline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best moisturizer so far and i've been using this for over 4 years now and it did what it says. Like friends keep on asking whats my secret, why i look so young at my age with only few or no lines on my face and my 51 years old. This is pricey but one 2 0z. jar will last me 8 months, so what else to say, GO GO LAMER!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2003 2:48:00 AM More reviews by crystalstar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was extremely weary about trying this moisturizer 'cause of it's high price and my oily skin but I've read about it so much in InStyle (2 years in a row as best moisturizer) that I had to give it a try. Well... It IS the BEST!! I broke out the first couple of days and then my skin cleared up and was perfectly wonderful! I have so many compliments on how my skin just glows. I use the cream at night and the oil free during the day. It's just too bad that this stuff is so expensive but lets face it girls, we're worth it!

Update 2014 - I had drifted away from this moisturizer and over the last year or two have been using it pretty consistently. I occasionally will switch things up so that my skin will not become "immune" to products but for the most part, this has been my "go too". All that said, I still hold true to my statement that this is THE BEST MOISTURISER EVER!!

Now that I am swiftly approaching 50, I am really freaked out about my skin and this really keeps it in check. I feel that my skin is well moisturized, taught and I really don't have many wrinkles. I sure wish that this could be a bit more cost effective but a little really does go a long way. I even use the eye cream from time to time. This will always stay in my skin routine!