April 24, 2014 | 1549 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this years ago and hated it, but gave it another go and fell in love! I use it in the morning with a little Clinique Exfoliating Scrub mixed in, and at night alone to remove my makeup. It leaves my skin clean and soft with no residue or dryness. My skin can get a little oily and is brone to breaking out. I've had no problems using this cleanser at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by glamboyant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lot of people say that they hate that it doesn't later- but it does for me! You just can't use a lot of it. And you don't NEED a lot. My face feels so soft and looks very radiant and clear after using it. It's so gentle, I can use it around my eyes. It even takes waterproof eye makeup off. It's definitely my favorite cleanser thus far. And hello!! So inexpensive!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by julieshurmatz

I found this cleanser to be VERY overrated. It did not remove my makeup, as it claims it does. It smells really bad, even though the bottle says "fragrance free". It's very over priced, and I even think it is making my skin break out. I would certainly not recommend it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by manmg2

I am soooo impressed by this cleanser. Itís so good at cleaning my skin without drying it out. I use this every morning and night and itís perfect for my combination skin. Since I have been using this product the condition of my skin has improved. I get fewer breakouts and any spots that I do get are cleared up quickly. I still tend to use a separate eye makeup remover before using this cleanser. The only down side to this product is that itís so expensive. Don't think Iíd ever go back to a regular cleanser though. This is definitely my HG cleanser. Just need to find my HG moisturiser now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by PowdaPuff

I love Purity Made Simple because it cleanses thoroughly without drying, and removes makeup extremely well. The scent is natural and refreshing. I've been loyal to this since the first use and recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 9:18:00 AM More reviews by babiig1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought 'Purity Made Simple' over three months ago and although I am only halfway through the bottle (proving how a little goes a long way), I found the cleanser to not live up to the hype. It didn't remove my make up to a satisfactory standard and I was not left with that feeling of pure, clean and cleansed skin. Instead, it left a feeling similar to what one experiences after washing their face with cold water. I certainly would not purchase this product again, particularly because of the high price and the lack of results.

UPDATE: I've added on another lippie; my previous rating was 3/5 and it's now 4/5. I've been applying it incorrectly for the past six months..how stupid am I?! I've been wetting my face prior to applying the Purity Made Simple cleanser, rather than leaving my face dry/damp. It actually removes make up very well, I just didn't have the privilege of experiencing its sound makeup removal properties due to my failure to follow instructions.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by pancake_bunny

I am 36 and have normal skin, oily t-zone, with a monthly blemish or two. I have been using this product on and off for the past 7 years and I always go back to it. It removes all of my makeup and does not leave my face feeling tight and does not leave a film. I do not want to have to use a separate makeup remover and this does the trick all in one. The smell is medicinal, but I found I actaully grew to like it after a while. It is definitely better than a floral or sweet smell to me - it smells like it is doing the job. (if it deos the job, I really don't care what it smells like since the scent is washed down the drain anyway). It is expensive, but the bottle lasts a very long time and a little goes a long way. I agree with the other poster who said, wet your hands, add some product, rub together THEN wash your face since the product doesn't lather, but instead, melts away the dirts/oil/makeup. Also - if you don't like this at first, give a week or so of use before giving it away and give it a chance to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by thayerg

I absolutely love this product! I have sensitive skin, prone to breakouts and was terrified about the fact that this had oil in it. Apparently, I was wrong because this is my HG cleaner. My skin has cleared up to a degree I didn't believe possible. This doesn't over-dry my skin even in the drier areas, but does get rid of the oily spots. It does a good job in getting rid of my makeup without requiring a separate make up remover. The small size makes it worth a try (esp. with sephora's/Nordstrom's return policy)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2007 11:08:00 AM More reviews by so_1978

I would have to agree with people that this doesn't smell the greatest. I used it a few time and noticed that it wasn't oil-free (my fault) :) So I had to stop using it. If your skin is on the dryer side you might love this. Mine is going up for swap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and I bought the large Purity Made Simple Cleanser thinking it would live up to all the hype and marketing that this product received. IMHO, not only was the cleanser over-priced but it left an slight film on my skin, even with lots of rinsing, that came off only with astringent. My facial overall tone was unaffected by this product and it left my dry patches even drier and my oily T-zone just as oily. No positive difference whatsoever.

I wouldn't recommend it at all. Sad to say, I am definitely not purchasing it again. :( Save your money!