April 16, 2014 | 1860 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by PowdaPuff

I love Purity Made Simple because it cleanses thoroughly without drying, and removes makeup extremely well. The scent is natural and refreshing. I've been loyal to this since the first use and recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 9:18:00 AM More reviews by babiig1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought 'Purity Made Simple' over three months ago and although I am only halfway through the bottle (proving how a little goes a long way), I found the cleanser to not live up to the hype. It didn't remove my make up to a satisfactory standard and I was not left with that feeling of pure, clean and cleansed skin. Instead, it left a feeling similar to what one experiences after washing their face with cold water. I certainly would not purchase this product again, particularly because of the high price and the lack of results.

UPDATE: I've added on another lippie; my previous rating was 3/5 and it's now 4/5. I've been applying it incorrectly for the past six months..how stupid am I?! I've been wetting my face prior to applying the Purity Made Simple cleanser, rather than leaving my face dry/damp. It actually removes make up very well, I just didn't have the privilege of experiencing its sound makeup removal properties due to my failure to follow instructions.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by pancake_bunny

I am 36 and have normal skin, oily t-zone, with a monthly blemish or two. I have been using this product on and off for the past 7 years and I always go back to it. It removes all of my makeup and does not leave my face feeling tight and does not leave a film. I do not want to have to use a separate makeup remover and this does the trick all in one. The smell is medicinal, but I found I actaully grew to like it after a while. It is definitely better than a floral or sweet smell to me - it smells like it is doing the job. (if it deos the job, I really don't care what it smells like since the scent is washed down the drain anyway). It is expensive, but the bottle lasts a very long time and a little goes a long way. I agree with the other poster who said, wet your hands, add some product, rub together THEN wash your face since the product doesn't lather, but instead, melts away the dirts/oil/makeup. Also - if you don't like this at first, give a week or so of use before giving it away and give it a chance to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by thayerg

I absolutely love this product! I have sensitive skin, prone to breakouts and was terrified about the fact that this had oil in it. Apparently, I was wrong because this is my HG cleaner. My skin has cleared up to a degree I didn't believe possible. This doesn't over-dry my skin even in the drier areas, but does get rid of the oily spots. It does a good job in getting rid of my makeup without requiring a separate make up remover. The small size makes it worth a try (esp. with sephora's/Nordstrom's return policy)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2007 11:08:00 AM More reviews by so_1978

I would have to agree with people that this doesn't smell the greatest. I used it a few time and noticed that it wasn't oil-free (my fault) :) So I had to stop using it. If your skin is on the dryer side you might love this. Mine is going up for swap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and I bought the large Purity Made Simple Cleanser thinking it would live up to all the hype and marketing that this product received. IMHO, not only was the cleanser over-priced but it left an slight film on my skin, even with lots of rinsing, that came off only with astringent. My facial overall tone was unaffected by this product and it left my dry patches even drier and my oily T-zone just as oily. No positive difference whatsoever.

I wouldn't recommend it at all. Sad to say, I am definitely not purchasing it again. :( Save your money!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by esperanzadulce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone skin and I've found that this is the only face wash that doesn't leave me feeling tight and dry afterwards. It doesn't do a fabulous job at removing makeup, but it's ok. I actually like the smell; it doesn't bother me. It lasts forever too, so well worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by anotherblonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely the best facial cleanser made! Removes eye make up, mascara, dirt, foundation, lipstick gently and thoroughly. The scent is mild and disappears. Leaves skin very clean and soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by suzane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the packaging Philosophy does a great job at these little slogans. I wanted to love this product but i just didn't. It made my face feel like there was a film on it. I went right back to my Arbonne which I love

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by jaybee8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a 50+ PPP with combo skin and rosacea, and this cleanser is working very well for me in the 4 weeks I've been using it! I was hesitant about trying it as my skin is very sensitive, but I really like its effect on my skin. Cleans, but doesn't dry it out (though, oddly, I had a bit of peeling skin the first couple of times I used this), and leaves it soft and even-toned. Another reviewer suggested wetting your hands, but not your face, when applying this cleanser and this works to clean your face, including removing makeup, but not waste any product. I find the scent very light, but definitely smells of essential oils -- which I far prefer to artificial scents.