October 22, 2014 | 1757 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Katyllw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have no real complaints about this product, except for the let down which I brought upon myself. I got it out of the "Make-up Optional" kit which I had been wanting for months and months. Finally someone picked it up for my birthday, which is when I realized it was pretty much all hype.

The smell is great, it feels nice on the skin, and it doesnt over dry either, however....I got the same results from a WalMart brand. (oy!) In fact ive now found even better and pay less than half the price.

I say, if you refuse to use drug store products reguardless...then maybe this is best for you, but your only buying a label.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

All I can say is this is an 'eh' cleanser. I like Clinique liquid face wash better. But the reason for this reivew is the fragrance on this cleanser is to die for -- and if Philosophy made a Purity Fragrance... it would be a top seller. It's lovely. That's the best part of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by arielle38

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin that's recently become acne-prone and this is what I use to get all my makeup off. It doesn't foam and the directions call for massaging it into your face for at least 30 seconds, so it took some getting used to. But it gets everything off my face without irritation. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 3:53:00 AM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the herbal scent of this cleanser. It has an almost rosemary fragrance with other herbal touches. It removes makeup fairly well, with the exception of mascara and some liners. I prefer to use this in the morning to get a fresh start to my day. It removes the night's oil and leaves my skin soft, but not stripped.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 3:10:00 AM More reviews by jazzy87

I am in love. Yes, with a cleanser. I had been using the microdelivery exfoliating wash, with fantastic results, but as it is recommended to be used once per day max, I was in the market for a simple cleanser to use in conjunction with it. After using it just once, all I can say is WOW - this product surpassed all of my (very high) expectations. It cleans deep into the pores, but never leaves the skin tight or dry, if anything it actually hydrates!

My skin can be quite sensitive (ie goes red when splashed with water even), and this cleanser is completely irritation free. The smell is also quite pleasant, very fresh and natural, and I also love that I don't have to use a toner afterwards. If you have been umming and ahhing over this cleanser, go and buy it now - i paid full retail because I'd run out of my sample and needed some asap and couldn't wait for shipping online, and I would gladly do so again. Pure HG - so far philosophy has been amazing for me and I can't wait to try more from the line <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by stellastar28

this is so moisturing, hydrating, refreshing and cleansing. leaves my skin smooth and soft. love the consistency and smell. good value i would reccomend this to those with dry skin, my sister used when she stayed over and fell in love with it she has flaky dry skin. it completely transformed her skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 2:33:00 AM More reviews by jadeyonyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best cleanser I have ever used. I'm not much for expensive stuff, but I had to admit that after using this from a trial, that something about it changed my face. It does everything - removes makeup, tones, and moisturizes. Of course, you should put additional moisturizer on after, but it doesn't dry out your face like the others. Skin has never been better! I think I'll buy this for the rest of my life, and that's saying a lot coming from me. Buy it on QVC in a 32oz bottle, then it's quite reasonable for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a Philosophy Girl! I would like to say that Purity has helped save my skin. This was my first purchase in the line because i needed a product that would remove all traces of makeup but still leave my skin feeling clean and smooth. I started using purity before i went on Accutane to treat my severe acne and it absolutley improved my skins overall appearance. This is a lifelong product for me and i hope it is never discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 4:34:00 PM More reviews by siggie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for over a year and it's been very good to me. It's not drying, removes makeup, and smells fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the 3.5oz bottle from Sephora for $10. Ive used it 3x already, so this is just an initial review. I'll update more later. So far I really like it! I needed a gentle cleanser that didnt burn my skin (since Im using Retin A, my skin is much more sensitive), and this didnt cause any burning. It smells funny, like citronella candles, but I like the smell. Its slightly runny, but that is fine. it doesnt foam but it lathers, if that makes sense. It rinsed off nicely and left my face feeling clean. Im never one to finish a bottle of ANYTHING, since Im such a product junkie, but this has potential to be kept around! I'll update later if it does!************************update 11/29/07******************* wow, if Im using a product for more than 2 or 3 weeks and I still love it as much as I did when I first started using it, that is saying something! my attention span with products is so short, about 2 weeks.. but I still use Purity 2x a day, and loving it more than ever. It takes off all my makeup and sunscreen, and I use the hard-to-get-off shiseido spf 55 sunscreen. Although I usually do 2 washes, one to get makeup off, then a scrub of some sort, then wash again, but thats just how I roll. This hasnt dried out my skin at all, and using it with Retin A hasnt caused any burning or increased sensitivity. Ive used up my 1st bottle (3.5oz lasted me a month) and just repurchased a 2nd, bigger bottle. Hesitate yet to call it HG, since I think I'd need to use it and love it for a year to qualify it that way ;)