August 31, 2014 | 1258 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by stellastar28

this is so moisturing, hydrating, refreshing and cleansing. leaves my skin smooth and soft. love the consistency and smell. good value i would reccomend this to those with dry skin, my sister used when she stayed over and fell in love with it she has flaky dry skin. it completely transformed her skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 2:33:00 AM More reviews by jadeyonyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best cleanser I have ever used. I'm not much for expensive stuff, but I had to admit that after using this from a trial, that something about it changed my face. It does everything - removes makeup, tones, and moisturizes. Of course, you should put additional moisturizer on after, but it doesn't dry out your face like the others. Skin has never been better! I think I'll buy this for the rest of my life, and that's saying a lot coming from me. Buy it on QVC in a 32oz bottle, then it's quite reasonable for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a Philosophy Girl! I would like to say that Purity has helped save my skin. This was my first purchase in the line because i needed a product that would remove all traces of makeup but still leave my skin feeling clean and smooth. I started using purity before i went on Accutane to treat my severe acne and it absolutley improved my skins overall appearance. This is a lifelong product for me and i hope it is never discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 4:34:00 PM More reviews by siggie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for over a year and it's been very good to me. It's not drying, removes makeup, and smells fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the 3.5oz bottle from Sephora for $10. Ive used it 3x already, so this is just an initial review. I'll update more later. So far I really like it! I needed a gentle cleanser that didnt burn my skin (since Im using Retin A, my skin is much more sensitive), and this didnt cause any burning. It smells funny, like citronella candles, but I like the smell. Its slightly runny, but that is fine. it doesnt foam but it lathers, if that makes sense. It rinsed off nicely and left my face feeling clean. Im never one to finish a bottle of ANYTHING, since Im such a product junkie, but this has potential to be kept around! I'll update later if it does!************************update 11/29/07******************* wow, if Im using a product for more than 2 or 3 weeks and I still love it as much as I did when I first started using it, that is saying something! my attention span with products is so short, about 2 weeks.. but I still use Purity 2x a day, and loving it more than ever. It takes off all my makeup and sunscreen, and I use the hard-to-get-off shiseido spf 55 sunscreen. Although I usually do 2 washes, one to get makeup off, then a scrub of some sort, then wash again, but thats just how I roll. This hasnt dried out my skin at all, and using it with Retin A hasnt caused any burning or increased sensitivity. Ive used up my 1st bottle (3.5oz lasted me a month) and just repurchased a 2nd, bigger bottle. Hesitate yet to call it HG, since I think I'd need to use it and love it for a year to qualify it that way ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by dann1004

This product is amazing. I haven't had any problems with it. It cleanses well but doesn't dry out my face at all, and it hasn't caused any breakouts. My skin is combo, and depending on the weather can either be oily or dry, and this cleanser can handle it all. It gets off all the oil during the summer and keeps my skin moisturized during the winter. It's also pretty good at getting makeup off, though I usually like to use an eye makeup remover before just to make sure all of my mascara and eyeliner come off.

EDIT: I stopped using it because for some reason, a few months in, I started to break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2007 3:00:00 PM More reviews by luckyrh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually only use this in the shower, all other times I use spectrojel.

I absolutely hate Purity's bottle and transferred it to a bottle with a pump. I wet my face, use about a quarter size amount and gently massage my face for at least 1 minute; sometimes I use a muslin cloth from the Body Shop and gently pass it over my face.

Rinses very well and I've never reacted badly, it foams slightly which is nice and my face is never dried out. Takes off foundation and mascara very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by geanie11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this cleanser. It gets off my makeup pretty well, though I do use a seperate eye makeup remover before. I usually break out very easy and this doesnt cause more breakouts for me. My skin feels soft after using not dry and has a pleasant smell. I would purchase again though its high in price, but worth it in the end, This does last a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ldinfante

this is the only cleanser that takes off ALL my make up with only a small amount! i have sensitive skin and it doesn't dry it at all. great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2007 8:57:00 AM More reviews by jen1473

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a kit that included this cleaner, Hope in a Jar and a few other things. This was nice, but I don't think anything out of the ordinary. I didn't end up liking Hope in a Jar - so I'm probably not going to be buying from that line again.