BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

Well,I feel like I'm the last person on Earth to review this product.:) What needs to be said first is that I love it. There are only a few blushes out there that do not make me look like a clown and Dandelion is definitely one of them. Very sheer pink light color perfect for spring/summer. I have two gripes with it:first the pricetag-a little pricey for a blush but seeing how I like it oh so much,perhaps it is reasonable. Second is the brush that comes with the original packaging- kind of hard to use,so I just use my normal full-sized brush. I use a little more on cheeks for color, and a light dusting on the forehead,nose,and chin for all-over shimmer.Overall a great product and I will probably repurchase.

Meh. I was excited to try this on at Sephora, but it did not show up on me AT ALL. I'm pretty fair (Stila 30 watts, C/D) with yellow undertones, and my cheeks naturally have some pink color to them. I can't comment on how long this blush lasts because every time I looked in the mirror after application, my face looked naked! eeeeek. Too bad...I love the packaging and the product looked very pretty in the pan, a pale ballerina pink.

on 6/30/2003 12:12:00 AM

I was so excited upon buying this. After using it however, I was a little dissapointed. The packaging is cute, the smell is wonderful, but its lacking a little pigment. It does not show up on my Asian skin AT ALL. However, i think it smells really good, and I already paid 26 bucks for it, so i still try to use it everyday.

on 6/28/2003 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I too fell for the incredible hype in the mags, and just had to try this out. I was surprised that for the price, the box was pretty small! This imparts a nice rosy glow to the gold toned complexion I have, but Loreal makes a similar color that is more reasonable. This company has a habit of luring people in with their catchy packaging and product descriptions, bu t the products like this one are expensive! This will last a long time, but I will opt for a cheaper product like the Loreal pinky color when I run out of this.

on 6/26/2003 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this. I looked at it when it first came out in a very darkly lit store in Hawaii, so it was tough to tell whether it was a product I would like in time or what. I looked at it again and sure, enough, I still like it.For me, Dandelion doesn't give a color, per se, but it adds brightness and has a light diffusing quality that is an awesome complement to my whole complection. It has a mild scent that I find pleasing. I don't really care for the bulky container, but Benefit is known for their kitchy containers and so, it doesn't really bother me.The MA told me that I could dust this all over and forgo foundation. Ok, I could, but I happen to like foundation, but I could just dust this on and go. Definite two thumbs up and I will probably repurchase once this is done. continued >>

on 6/24/2003 12:12:00 PM

I am extremely fair and use this on its own as a blush. It is expensive, but I really like it - my husband has even complimented me on how nice this color looks on me and he NEVER comments on my makeup.

on 6/23/2003 9:42:00 PM

A light pretty pink powder; I'm just not sure what to do with it. It's a bit too cotton candy-coloured to wear as a blush, even on my PPP skin, and too pigmented to wear as a highlighter. Very pretty on the brow, though. Yes, it's pricey, but you get a lot of product for your money. I find the box a little irritating.

on 6/23/2003 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a cute little product! I like the packaging ALOT. Dandelion gives me a nice subtle pink glow..not dramatic enough for me to use as a blush, but a quick all-over dusting makes me look really healthy and pretty. It even has a slight non-offensive fragrance. I don't use that horrid brush they include...it's too stiff and made the powder go on weird. I do like the product and am glad I got it, but I doubt I would repurchase since this will last a long time for me and I just don't really think this product is THAT essential to my beauty wardrobe.

on 6/22/2003 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I really like the subtle, pink color of this powder blush. However, it does not really show up much on my skin, because my skin is fair with a pink undertone to begin with. I do think it adds a nice little touch, but noone's ever commented one way or the other when I wear this, so I don't think it shows up on my complexion very well. I do like the tea-like scent. The one major down side to Dandelion is the packaging. It comes in an unwieldy deep square little box like a jewelry box, with a brush in it lying on top of the blush. It's not convenient for toting around, it has no mirror, and it's kind of a pain in the neck just to open and apply in the morning, so I usually skip it because I'm rushing. They ought to do away with the funky box and make it a more conventional blush holder, preferably with a mirror.

on 6/21/2003 11:57:00 AM

This product didn't show a lot on my skin. However, I do like the fact that it gives a subtle glow to my cheeks.

However I only gave a 2 for it's packaging because the plastic holder for the brush always scratches the product itself.

I won't buy this product again since it's way too expensive for the effect I'm getting.

Popular Blush Products