BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2034 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 11/20/2012 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Urgh. I can't believe I spent my hard earned cash on this mascara. Totally disappointed in this product. The formula is way too wet and "gel like" and leaves my lashes looking like a clumpy, spidery mess. It was extremely difficult to remove, even with an oil-based eye makeup remover. I won't be buying this product again.

on 11/18/2012 10:19:00 AM

Okay, this is one exception to my "I don't like Benefit Cosmetics" rule. This is a great mascara. It both lengthens and thickens my lashes (not to drag queen proportions) and it has really good staying power. It doesn't smudge or flake. Leaves you with beautiful but not quite natural lashes.

This also a fairly cheap mascara (around $10).

on 11/18/2012 7:44:00 AM

I just love this mascara! One of the best one I've ever tried! It gives me amazing eyelashes and it stays put all day long!
The only thing that is a con about this product is that it's quite hard to get off.. it's almost like it's waterproof. But it doesn't matter 'cause the result is so amazing.
I will definitely buy it again! 5/5

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I say I'd buy this product again, but who knows. I'm such a mascara junkie and I don't really buy too many high end mascaras. I experiment too much; I'd be broke! Anyway, I got a sample of this in my glambag (or is it ipsy now? who knows!) and I've been using it for a week. Had to run out and get the full size. I saw length, curl, super black, and volume. I like the spikes on the tip of the brush because it gets my outer corner lashes without getting mascara on my skin. I hate that! I like very dramatic mascara and this can definitely be that. I do like 3-4 coats and it doesn't clump. I don't experience issues with flaking or smudging. Holds my curl all day. I'll enjoy using this mascara but by the time I run out I'll probably be on to the next best thing.

on 11/16/2012 2:59:00 PM

I really like this mascara I got a sampler of different kinds of mascaras and so far this one is my favorite. I love how it has the spike tip I can get my bottom lashes so perfectly and really defined. I have pretty decent lashes and this mascara just makes them amazing. I use about 5-6 coats and it does take a lot to clump. If you have good lashes they will only be better with this product. I also love how black it is. It's not grey at all and I really love the wand. I like that my lashes at 33 are looking very good with this mascara. I would repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a good mascara, I have quite short eyelashes and have trouble with finding a good mascara, this is really good for length but does not give a lot of volume, it also doesn't last very long and with a not-so-cheap purchase price, this is not ideal. I usually wear this with my MAC studio fix boldblacklash mascara so I have lots of length, darkness and volume.

on 11/13/2012 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this product in the November Ipsy bag, so I have no opinion on the price, but the product is excellent. It doesn't clump until the fifth or sixth coat, and it lifts, lengthens, separates, the whole nine yards. It's the best mascara I've ever used! I already have relatively long lashes, but this mascara makes my lashes almost hit my brow bone, no exaggeration. I recommend it to ANYONE who's considering buying it.

on 11/13/2012 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This mascara was highly recommended by the staff at Sephora and several of my friends. I normally hate mascaras that have rubber wands but since it came so highly recommended I thought I'd give it a try anyway. It flaked horribly after just one coat, didn't smudge or smear but I had black specks all over the tops of my cheeks. It also irritated my eyes like crazy & made the outer corners feel raw. I'll never use this horrid stuff again :(

***Update 10/18/13***
Apparently I had a defective tube, after using a fantastic sample I received from Sephora for my birthday I decided to give it another shot. The second tube & sample were perfect!!! No flakes, no irritated eyes, no smudges- just long lush lashes! The SA @ Sephora said every now & then this happens when someone gets hold of an apparent bad tube. I personally think Benefit needs better QA to stop this happening. As of now the Benefit They're Real is my HG rubber/silicone wand mascara. I'm taking one lippie off due to the fact there are bad tubes at random. I pair this with Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes for incredibly long, voluminous lashes.

on 11/12/2012 10:10:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Shocked that this has low reviews. I really love this mascara!This is something everyone should try.the volume this product gives you is amazing.I don't know how but it really lengthens my lashes and makes a huge difference.I have zero complaints and def. would repurchase.Oh and no trouble taking it off.

on 11/11/2012 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't had any of the troubles others have noted. Nice separation, no clumps, and easy to take off.

Video Reviews & Tutorials