December 22, 2014 | 1467 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased a trial size of this at Sephora and tried it on one eye while using Maybelline's Falsies on another. The difference was amazing. They're Real lengthened & thickened my lashes while Falsies made them look limp and clumpy. My lashes are short and sparse so I'm always looking for the right mascara. I really liked this and it didn't irritate my sensitive eyes either. It dried out too fast though, although it was a trial size for $10 so it's possible I just used it up quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by gingerwinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this so much i even bought it for a friend! gives lashes the false effect, but not as much as i had anticipated.. or so i thought! new to eye lash curling it works fabulously with this product! for the results i wouldn't desbribe it as expensive, excellent product all round

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by kathy_in_california

This is not my HG mascara, but I'd rank it just behind Kevyn Aucoin (still my HG) and then Definicils. They're Real goes on pretty well, especially with the neat brush design that really enables you to get all your lashes. On me, They're Real hardly smudges at all - a huge deal in my book! The only thing is this mascara can get clumpy if not careful and more so when the tube's been open a month or two. I usually have a two or three different mascaras going at any time, and I'm on my third tube of They're Real. I like having it in my mascara arsenal because it's more dramatic than other mascaras I tend to use. Recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Bunny111

I LOVE this mascara!!! I have rather short eyelashes and i love the doe eyed full lash look- my only problem is the price, i think 18 is a little steep for a mascara but it's worth it! I use an eyelash curler first and then 2 coats of this in the fay (3 at night) and it makes my lashes look fabulous- people have asked if i'm wearing falsies.

Well done Benefit!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

A so-so mascara. I can get a decent dramatic eye look with a lot of elbow grease, but have had better results from other (and cheaper) products with far less effort. First of all, I was surprised at how wet the formulation is, considering the mascara is meant to create volume. (The texture reminded me very much of a few of Bourjois' mascaras like the 'liner effect' one.) The first coat goes on like a dream, but looks extremely natural on my very-long-but-fine lashes. I don't mind the medium-sized rubberised brush, though the wetness of the product makes it all too easy to get smudges on the lid during application (and these smudges don't remove as easily as those created by many other mascaras I've used - which dry on the lid and can be flaked away.) Obviously, I didn't buy this mascara for a natural look, so a second coat is a must, but that's when the clumps set in - in particular, little blobs on the tip of each lash. When the lashes are de-blobbed, the look is pretty - very black and defined - though not as dramatic or 'false' as that created by many other mascaras I've tried. I don't find it very good at holding a curl, but a plus point is that my lashes remain silky and soft to the touch.
I wouldn't repurchase as I'm underwhelmed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by emmak89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara having had it highly recommended by a few of my friends. The first time I used it I was really excited about it but on the first application I just got clumps! So disappointing....It's very wet and goes on extremely thick. I usually like to build up mascara applying quite a few coats but I've found with this mascara I just have to apply a coat or two and leave it at that as if I continue building it up my eyelashes end up a gloopy, clumpy mess. On the plus side, this is an alright mascara as with just a couple of coats lashes do appear longer and darker. The brush is good, particularly the spiked tip, but there are plenty of other mascaras out there with similar brushes. It also has great staying power so doesn't really need to be reapplied & the packaging is really smart. But overall for the cost it's definitely not worth it. I was previously using Maxfactor False Lash Effect which is around 10 in the UK as opposed to 19 for They're Real and I think it does just as good if not a better job on my lashes and is a lot more buildable. Will definitely be going back to that!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sm510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this mascara. it makes my lashes so long and quite a bit thicker. i have pretty long lashes to begin with though and they arent too thin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by grace11103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok mascara, great for lengthening, and A LOT better than bad gal in consideration with smudging.. but still smudges onto my bottom lids after a few hours (unlike a few minutes with bad gal)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiva512

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I felt i had to review this mascara. I am completely in LOVE with this mascara. I have very short lashes and no mascara i tried (Lash Blast, Maybelline Lash Stiletto) nothing came close to even giving me the length, darkness or volume that this mascara has given me. Yes at first, I didn't like it , it was tooo wet. But i decided to wear it everyday because i did pay $ 22.00 for it. after about a week I noticed that the formula was less wet and the impact this mascara had on my eye lashes was amazing. I am not a false eye lash kinda girl. But with this my friends are always asking if i have them on. When I tell them its my mascara they are amazed. I LOVE THIS MASCARA and will repurchase when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by wrathofthefuries

Ok, girls. The people who have given this negative reviews are obviously people who have just bought the mascara. The reason this product doesn't work as well as the testers in the store is because the testers have been used a bit and are DRYER. When you first buy this mascara - like most high end mascaras, it is very wet. You can't build very well with it and you end up with spider legs. However after a few uses the product dries a bit and the result is a much more buildable product. When it gets like this this product is awesome. It doesn't budge or flake. The colour is a shiny black and the formula is latex like so you can't reapply later in the day -though you won't need to.

11 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No