September 30, 2014 | 1299 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Mailman

I like how this mascara makes my lashes look but it's really hard to remove it at the end of the day. I think the removal has damaged my lashes so I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by turtledove1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely LOVE this mascara! I used to use Yves Saint Laurent falsh lash effect but a bit of me died everytime I bought it because of the price...this is as good for five pounds less. I will admit I don't use it on its own...I use it over L'Oreal Voluminous, but with this combo my lashes look amazing, long , thick and black as pitch. I am a fan of layering mascara as you can use a lengthening one and a thickening one and get the false look. It does take effort and time to get this effect but I'm prepared to do it. I don't agree with the comments that it's difficult to remove either, I use Garnier eye makeup remover and it all comes off. Possible HG material.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Raquelina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually a fan of plastic bristle wands in a mascara, but this is an exception. The brush is narrow enough that it doesn't poke you in the eye, yet it adds great length and definition. The pointed tip of the wand is the selling point of They're Real for me, since it really gets to each and every lash to deposit product. I've actually had someone ask me if my lashes were my own the other day, which was a rare compliment that I have to attribute to this! The main downfalls I see in this mascara are that it could hold curl a bit better, and it leaves something to be desired in the volume department. It's definitely more for length, and I'm not usually a fan of lengthening mascaras over volumizing ones, but the look this gives is great. I do find it can be a little bit of a pain to remove, as some others said, but with an oil-based remover I'm able to eventually get it all off.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 7:33:00 AM More reviews by racat

Hmmm - I guess this product is ok, better than a lot of mascaras out there but nowhere near as good as MAC studio fix lash, which is also cheaper.

I found it wasn't very dramatic after one coat, two looked a little better, but three went clumpy and spidery. Not nice.
So I guess I'll be sticking with two coats which is definitely not a false lash look.

For the price I had high expectations, but was pretty disappointed. I definitely won't repurchase as I can find a better quality mascara for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by sb457

LOVE! I have like no eyelashes and this was amazing could not believe the wonders it did for me, amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by meowmom9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First let me say that I found this extremely difficult to remove. The only thing that came off or out should I say were several eye lashes. I used my special oil based eye makeup remover that works on everything. The mascara itself was ok, nothing special. It did not clump for me but certainly did not give me that WOW factor. Glad I tried it but will definitely NOT purchase again or recommend. I did love the tube it came in. That was beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by PiggyDog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is beautiful but something about the mouth of the mascara seems to allot extra product to come out of the neck and clump.....Unlike my other mascaras this one has tons of clumped up dried product where the wand goes back into the mascara... Its kinda gross...
The wand does a good job and I do love the end of the brush for seperation! They did a good job on that.
The formula does a good job of giving you lenght, but to get anything other then spider like long lashes you have to put atleast 4 coats...

I have actually been using what is left in my two faced lash injection tube to thicken up my lashes.

If you want volumne, stear clear of this mascara, for lenght it is a must have

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by chloelc

Love this mascara! Totally don't understand the bad reviews - it makes my lashes super long and slightly curled, it doesn't smudge or flake, or make lashes clumpy. I was never a fan of BeneFit before buying this mascara but am totally converted now. FYI if anyone is having trouble removing it, try Garnier - Clean Sensitive 2-in-1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover. It works a treat! Have recommended this mascara to all my friends and would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by LELewicka

Really disappointed in this mascara...it smudged quite badly on me, my lashes looked sparse and spiky and it isn't buildable at all. Will leave it a few months and try again...sometimes works and I'm ever the optimist! I wanted to like this mascara but at the moment I really don't:(

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by cherryblaster99

I HATE THIS MASCARA SO MUCH!! After seeing all the wonderful reviews by many youtubers , I finally gave in to buying this mascara ( which cost me 29$ canadian) thinking this would be my HG mascara. Man , oh man, was I wrong... this has to be the worst mascara I have ever tried.. it makes your lashes so stiff and sparse , it looks like I have 5 lashes total on each eye and forget about adding more coats to this.. once this dries, it is over. And, as if it wasn't bad enough already, it is SO hard to remove. I bought a new makeup remover just for this ( oil-based) and I have to say that that doesn't even do the job and that makeup remover wasn't cheap. Oh and did I mention the fact that I lose about 6 eyelashes everytime I take this off? yep! I have naturally long lashes so usually pretty much anything will work for me so when I saw how horrific this mascara made my lashes I had to write a review and warn you guys. The ONLY thing I will say about this product is that it seprates lashes well but even that is pushing it ,quite frankly. And don't get me started on how much excess product ends up on that weird ball tipped brush. All in all, DO NOT BUY THIS.. the l'oreal voluminous is 1098239832098 times better and so much cheaper!