August 2, 2014 | 1521 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I promised myself not to buy this mascara after seeing its effect on a friend's lashes. It gave her spidery lashes, no volume whatsoever. But, as I learned later, she's crap at applying mascara and, being a complete Benefit Addict, I couldn't resist at the end.
And, well, I'm quite satisfied. I use it after my lash curler and it really lengthens and gives volume. But be careful not to put too many layers otherwise it will clump.
You really have to start at the root of the lashes and go up really slowly. It will coat your lashes perfectly. Then apply 2 more coats and you're done!
So yes, it's a bit expensive, but it's Benefit, and the mascara stays on really well, for the whole day.
Update 30/11/11: I've had this mascara for a bit more then 2 month and it's already empty/dried out. So I will certainly not repurchase it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jkaboya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disclaimer #1: To each his own. What works for some, does not always work for others and visa versa.

Disclaimer #2: I am a mascara junkie! I've tried too many mascaras (ranging from the cheapies, to the drugs stores, to mid level, and highend/ department stores...that being said, I am very particular about mascara and lashes.

Disclaimer #3: This is just my honest, unbiased OPINION.

This mascara was just ok. I would not purchase it again just because I've tried $2 mascaras that gave me better results than this particular one. It wasnt shitty, but it was definitely lacking.

The packaging and advertisement led me to believe that it was going to give the illusion of fake lashes (i.e give volume, lenghth and drama) but after applying 5 (yes, F-I-V-E) coats I did not see much of a difference.

It has those plastic bristles as opposed to fiber bristles, which I am personally indifferent to) and I must say that the bristles itself is what I call "in between" sized (skinny enough for length, but thick enough for volume) ...despite the size of the bristle, I recieved a minimal amount of volume or length..

quite a dissapointment. And expensive at that. #TheL

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by LondonBrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastically defining mascara. Unlike other hard bristle brushes I have tried, this mascara doesnt clump the eyelashes together into 4 long spiders but instead seems to multiply them into hundreds!

It is very lengthening but I have to say it offers little to no volume. Gives me lovely babydoll lashes but not really a strong va-va-voom for the night. I feel that I need to top it with a volumizing mascara and in that case it whole look kinda clups up. So i have reserved this mascara for the daytime (i dont go for the most subtlest of looks for the day so if your looking for a au naturel look, this isnt for you) and for the evenings i use it as a third and final coat over my volumizing mascara do define a bit more.

update: 14th Nov '11- STILL loving this mascara. Total HG! The mascara has not dried out and I still get maximum performane out of it. My search has ended! (and people ask me a few times a week if "theyre real" or not!!!! Serious fake lash effect)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by apmac

After reading such great reviews on this product i had to try it out, especially since i think mascara is the product that makes or breaks a look... i love the false lash look. I don't mind the price of the mascara, as i'm willing to pay the money for something that works well but this was just not the case. I hated this mascara from the first swipe. It immediately flattened the curl from my eyelashes (after using an eyelash curler) and nothing i did made them look any better. I figured maybe I was applying it wrong, so i followed the directions on the back and tried for 2 more days to give it another chance with no success. Returned this mascara as soon as i could! may work well for some but not for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Funny how differently mascara performs on different people, isn't it? My lashes are long, black (fading at the tips), and not as thick as I'd like. BeneFit's "They're Real" makes my lashes look like they're heaven-sent, long, glossy black, and thicker than they actually are.
I winced at the price and will probably do so again when I re-purchase... which I absolutely will!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by smarti11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After all the rave reviews online I couldnt wait to get my hands on it.
Little disappointed with it, dont think its the most lengthening product, but it is good at coating all the lashes due to the end of the wand. The MUA advised me to wiggle at the bottom lashes and comb through, then use the ball end to push lashes up.
I can think of a few better high end mascaras (ysl, mufe) and drugstore brands (thought the loreal mascara with the ball brush did a better job than this). Worth trying but wont buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

First impression:
I've only used this once and I'm pretty satisfied with the results. It applied very easily and I noticed it didn't clump. I love the little bristles at the end of the brush; they are really convenient for getting the inside and outside baby lashes. It's also not a really wet mascara which is something I tend to prefer with mascaras. It made my lashes very noticeable, long, thick and very dark so my eyes looked very made up even when I just had mascara on. I would recommend using an eyelash curler with this to get maximum results. I did use a curler and found the mascara didn't make my lashes curl all that much. Maybe I'll have better luck next time I use it.
The only thing comparible to this mascara for a fraction of the price is Maybelline Falsies. This mascara hasn't blown my mind and I'm not likely to give up all my other mascaras that work great (Diorshow), but I would recommend it to anyone who is tired of all the status quo mascaras . This mascara is a step up from the natural daytime mascaras.
PS. After using this for 3 days I've come to the conclusion that this is a much better mascara to wear in the evening for drama than in the day. It didn't hold curl all that much and my lashes weren't uplifted by the time I took my eyemakeup off at the end of the day.For a natural look, I won't be grabbing this. For drama, I think that a few coats of Lancome Hypnose Drama works better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Best effect mascara I have ever tried! I usually stick to drugstore brands bc i find theres not much difference between them and high end brands to be worth the steep prices. however, this one actually works!! you have to build it up tho- I wear two coats and notice a significant difference after i apply thr second coat. that's all I need, so I dont know about how it looks w possibly like the jacked up pic someone put up there! lol I say this, bc I can see potential for clumping once you put on too many coats- it's inevitable with any mascara. before this mascara, I was using maybelline falsies - which i really still like- but found that the formula would smudge by the end of a long day and looked yucky mixed in with my undereye concealer. this does not budge and leaves me really happy with my lashes- they appear long and full and dark.
Cons:
Price is steep- $22 + tax.
packaging- for the price I'd appreciate st classier looking
removal- it's hard to get off, but a couple of rinses w baby shampoo gets it off.
bottom line- I'll be repurchasing this in the future!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

It actually hurts my eyes to apply this mascara. The brush bristles are so long that they actually make a scraping sound when combing the wand through my lashes.

The tip of the wand doesn't really help to accentuate my outer lashes either.

The formula is ok, it reminds me of my HG mascara - Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume. It lasts all day without smudging or flaking. It does take a bit of work to remove. Even when using makeup remover and a warm washcloth, I get out of the shower with slight raccoon eyes.

I will not repurchase because I don't normally buy HE mascaras because, frankly...they're not worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by sweetxcheeks195

I really liked this mascara at first but then I noticed after a couple of days of wearing it that my lashes would come off as i was removing it(i remove my makeup with makeup wipes but very very gently). and i have really thin long lashes. This mascara would be could if you have only have thick lashes. The mascara stays on forever!! it doesnt smugde or anything. and i really like the packaging. i wouldnt buy this product and again because of the fact it makes my lashes come off.
UPDATE. after a couple months passed the product dried up alittle and this mascara was wonderful it gave me the length and volume i wanted without looking clumpy. I probably would buy this again if i dont find another better masacara. as for the my lashes falling out everynight i coat them with vasline and it stopped