October 24, 2014 | 876 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by JuJu05

best mascara, hands down! length, volume, and good separation (the brush is awesome).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by kristalov

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a mascara junkie. I think that I have tried them all. I'm not sure what to think of this one. I love how long it makes my lashes look and it doesn't smudge AT ALL which is a huge plus for me! I found that my lashes looked a bit spidery after applying and I had to use a lash comb to separate them. It's very hard when it dries...crunchy almost? I took a nap after work one day and when I woke up, my lashes were clumped together to where it looked like I had three thick lashes on each eye. Reminded me of an older L'oreal mascara that I used to use that did that. Will I re-purchase? Yes, maybe, because I do like the lengthening effect. However, I don't think that this will be my HG mascara for everyday use. It will work well for evening though. If it didn't give me spider lashes and I didn't have to work at separating them, this would be close to HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ash10twenty

.i am always looking for the next best mascara. this one is definitely one of the best i have tried thus far. it's super black, makes lashes thicker and longer, and has great stay power, and gives a pretty curl. some down sides are it can be difficult to remove, and it it one of those mascaras that makes lashes stiff. it's more wet than dry. i have sensitive eyes, and i have not experienced any problems. but i have heard that this mascara turns eyes red. that just goes to show that everyone is different.what works for me may not work for you and vise-verse

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by lizindallas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I've had this for 2 months. I finally caved and bought it after being a loyal L'Oreal user for years and year. I didn't like it at first - the BeneFit mascara that is. Maybe I was just used to the L'Oreal.
But now that my Double Extend is ready to be tossed, I decided to try this again before I wrote it off. And oddly, now I love it. It really does lengthen! And it does not clump at all. I'm a fan. I will definitely buy this again!

UPDATE: I need to update this - while this is a great mascara, it turns out that it smudges horribly. I would get up from working at my desk after a couple hours only to go into the bathroom and see large black smudges all around my eyes. I've never had this happen with any other mascara before. I thought at first it was because this mascara made my lashes so long but I've since gone on to try other mascaras that make my lashes just as long without smudging at all.
Sorry BeneFit... I need to take off 2 lippies... it's really bad smudging...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, I'm a convert. A long time Lancôme user (definicils, hypnose, hypnose drama, intencils) I was hesitant to even try this. What drew me to this was the brush. I love the separated bristles. You can ally get in there and coat every single lash...really get close to the base of your lashes without getting mascara all over your face. Someone asked me last night if I had falsies or had been using Latisse when I had this on. That's enough for me.

Update: It takes a little gentle work to get this all off. Which speaks to its staying power. No flakes even after 12+ hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Celina402

This product can be fantastic when used properly. When I first started using this mascara, I thought it was terrible. Why? My lashes would look clumpy and awful. It wasn't until recently did I decide to use a mascara primer (The Body Shop, Brow and Lash Gel) with this mascara. Using these two products together make my lashes look fantastic. No clumps, no spidery looking lashes, just long and beautiful looking lashes. Oh and I always use a eye lash curler before hand to achieve the best possible result.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by smithli1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have lots of experience with mascara (meaning that I've been on this planet for quite a few years!). This is, by far, the best mascara I've ever used. I don't even need an eyelash curler anymore! I do used pre-moistened wipes designed for make-up removal. These do a good job of removing this mascara and are gentle. The first time removing it was quite an experience!! I've never had this mascara run or flake, and it stays on until I take it off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

New HG Mascara! OOH Emmm Geee! I have very few sparse thin eye lashes especially my lower lashes which before this I usually never even bothered with cuz its too much work and just plain annoying, but with this mascara diff story! When I was originally going to purchase this I was torn between this and Smokey lash by MUFE, even the Sephora rep said Benefit hands down the best and he was right! I wouldn't say this mascara gives me a false eyelash effect, which is ok cuz I'm not really into that but it def builds, volumizes and separates all my lashes, you have to read the directions on it too b/c there is a diff method of applying it which is awesome, I wear this every single day since I got it, and I love the packaging tube it comes in, very stylish. The only bad thing I can say about this is it is very hard to take off, I scrub and scrub with eye make up remover till it comes off, other than that I will def re-purchase this baby!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

This stuff is rather expensive for a mascara but it does make your lashes look super long and pretty full. It takes about 3 applications to get a lot of drama but the effect is quite striking. I'd buy this again.
P.S. I also really love the brush on this. I had stopped using this for awhile because I like waterproof mascaras as they hold a curl. I found this in my beauty bin recently and gave it another try and I'm glad I hung onto this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by sharenb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As of now, this is my favourite mascara! My lashes are already long, but this volumizes, lengthens and curls like crazy all in one, to the point that I don't bother using my curler anymore. It's such a smooth formula and doesn't ever clump or flake! The brush is absolutely wonderful! The bristles ass to the very tip of the brush can get even the tiniest lashes on the inside corners of my eyes! One coat is great for daily wear and another coat is perfect for evening. I love it SOOO much.