July 23, 2014 | 1486 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Best effect mascara I have ever tried! I usually stick to drugstore brands bc i find theres not much difference between them and high end brands to be worth the steep prices. however, this one actually works!! you have to build it up tho- I wear two coats and notice a significant difference after i apply thr second coat. that's all I need, so I dont know about how it looks w possibly like the jacked up pic someone put up there! lol I say this, bc I can see potential for clumping once you put on too many coats- it's inevitable with any mascara. before this mascara, I was using maybelline falsies - which i really still like- but found that the formula would smudge by the end of a long day and looked yucky mixed in with my undereye concealer. this does not budge and leaves me really happy with my lashes- they appear long and full and dark.
Cons:
Price is steep- $22 + tax.
packaging- for the price I'd appreciate st classier looking
removal- it's hard to get off, but a couple of rinses w baby shampoo gets it off.
bottom line- I'll be repurchasing this in the future!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

It actually hurts my eyes to apply this mascara. The brush bristles are so long that they actually make a scraping sound when combing the wand through my lashes.

The tip of the wand doesn't really help to accentuate my outer lashes either.

The formula is ok, it reminds me of my HG mascara - Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume. It lasts all day without smudging or flaking. It does take a bit of work to remove. Even when using makeup remover and a warm washcloth, I get out of the shower with slight raccoon eyes.

I will not repurchase because I don't normally buy HE mascaras because, frankly...they're not worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by sweetxcheeks195

I really liked this mascara at first but then I noticed after a couple of days of wearing it that my lashes would come off as i was removing it(i remove my makeup with makeup wipes but very very gently). and i have really thin long lashes. This mascara would be could if you have only have thick lashes. The mascara stays on forever!! it doesnt smugde or anything. and i really like the packaging. i wouldnt buy this product and again because of the fact it makes my lashes come off.
UPDATE. after a couple months passed the product dried up alittle and this mascara was wonderful it gave me the length and volume i wanted without looking clumpy. I probably would buy this again if i dont find another better masacara. as for the my lashes falling out everynight i coat them with vasline and it stopped

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by EvaRichard

This is a very good mascara. More efficient for length then for volume IMO.

I consider it a "no worry and no fuss application". In other words, there are other mascaras that work well but it depends on how much wand shenanigans I do....and sometimes they fail. They're Real has a very idiot proof formula.

This said, it is expensive (30$ CAD). I am not sure the price is justified...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mascara is both lengthening and volumizing, as far as I'm concerned, and stays put until the end of my long days. I'm not having a lot of success with using the tip to throw on more mascara, but the main part of the brush actually does a very good job. Plus, this is the first mascara I've worn that made my bf stop, look at me, and say, "You have long lashes, don't you?"

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Flickerini

I am a bit torn with this mascara - it definitely stays put really well all day, and is a good intense black - however, I found it quite hard to apply without getting it around / under my eyes, and had to comb through immediately to avoid clumping, so a bit of a palava really. I also found that my usual eye makeup remover struggled to remove it easily, meaning I was scrubbing a bit to get it off. that's never good for eyes! anyway I don't think I would buy it again - I'll stick with Max Factor False Lash effect for now.
EDIT: I gave this another go after reading a review that said it got less wet and easier to apply after a few uses - and I have since thrown it out!! I have tried hundreds of masacaras - and this is the ONLY one I have ever used where the horrid spiky brush kept poking the sensitive edges of my eyelids - a most unpleasant experience overall. Definitely wouldn't buy this again. Very surprised as generally I think BeneFit products are great and worth the price tag. This isn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by LifesABeach

okay so first off like like alot of other reviewers i just dont get that clumped up mess picture . I am sorry but the worst mascara couldnt look like that , its just ridiculous . I happen to LOVE this mascara. Super black , long pretty lashes applied flawlessy with the super cool brush is the result I get . I really love the results , worth every dollar !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by RhoRho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dare I say it? I think my quest for the perfect mascara is finally over! Love this stuff! I have fairly long, fairly thick lashes, but I'm always in search of one that will push them over the top. I think this one fits the bill! It makes my lashes long, with only one coat, and if I add too, I do look as if I have on fake lashes. I didn't find that it clumped up whatsoever, and I am liberal in my use of it. It didn't smear thoughout the day either, and came off fairly easily with an oil of olay makeup removing cloth. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but so far, I think I'm in mascara love!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ClaireBear25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this mascara. It gave me "Kim Kardashian" lashes. What's cool is it is designed so it can be layered over another mascara for added intensity. The only downside I found is that it can be kind of messy to use. If you're not careful you'll end up with this mascara in places it you didn't intend for it to be.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by christinarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this mascara. I don't understand that last picture posted, of the clumpy eyelashes. I don't know how this mascara could make someone's eyelashes look that terrible.. anyway.. This mascara made my lashes extremely long and volumous. It also seperated nicely, and was veryyyy black. The only downside is the price - $29 CAD.. ouch.

UPATE:
Starting to stay from this mascara. It's making my lashes clumped in bundles, and it's also making them crunchy and dry. Boo. Moved my rating down to a 3. Not purchasing again.