October 31, 2014 | 1615 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update------ 11-27-12
- I love this mascara when it gets a little bit dry. Then I can honestly say I feel all its claims are true. It is still a bit spidery but the volume is great!
- I give this a 3.5
-------------------------------------------------
This mascara wasn't anything special. I find it gets quite spidery and doesn't evenly coat the lashes. The brush reminds me of the usual plastic wands from the drugs store, although I find the brush tips for this mascara to be way to pointy. They irritated my eyes to the point where it was impossible to get nice and close to the lash line. I've NEVER had this happen to me with any other mascara. The tip orb brush is a nice concept but I can't say I found any benefit to it. After application my lashes look decent from far but up close you can see that the volume is quite messy, spidery, and uneven. While this fans out my lashes I wish it gave my individual lashes more thickness. I also find myself MORE eager to get home and remove my makeup when I wear this mascara... perhaps the weight bugs me? I don't re-call it flaking or smudging. Would I buy this again? No.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by kaaejukes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didn't irritate my sensitive eyes. STAYED on! As someone who manages to make waterproof mascara end up under my eyes, this is saying something. None of it flaked off. My eyelashes didn't feel too hard. Any clumping which occurred during application was easily removed/fixed. Added lots of length and my lashes look lovely!

REALLY liked this. If I weren't spoilt by the low prices of MAC's mascaras, I'd definitely switch. I love the Plush Mascara by MAC. But the brush on the BeneFit applicator might put me over the top...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Thao0226

No one ever asked me if my lashes were real! ...er, jokes aside, I didn't think this mascara lived up to the hype either. I thought the mascara was better than that of recent drugstore purchases but it didn't wow me at all. I was disappointed at how mediocre my lashes looked and would not purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by allthingsbeautyrelated

Overall this product i have to say is over hyped and way too over priced. This products retails in the region of 18, which is daylight robbery if you ask me as this product in my opinion should be priced nearer 12. Overall i did like the product for the first month but after only having it for two and a halfish its already drying out. I also wouldnt say that my lashes appear false, however it does give your lashes a fuller more volumized look (which i prefer). My favourite part of this product was the packaging and the wand applicator. the packaging itself is slender and classy looking. the wand applicator is plactic and has a spiked ball of bristles at the bottom to allow you catch any un mascared lashes, this also can be used to seperate and for the bottom lashes. I would say that it is a pitty that the price is steap as if this had been priced at a more reasonable price this product i feel would be worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by christyk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is just okay. I picked this when I redeemed some customer loyalty points and I am glad it was free. The SA said it is always out of stock, and I can't imagine why. I don't think it is worth $29CAD. It is really clumpy and needs to be combed out multiple times to look normal. There is a lot of waste because so much gets stuck on the end of the ball part of the wand and I have to wipe it off to avoid getting one giant eyelash. It also makes the end of my lashes sort of "crimpy" looking and I hate that. I don't find it particularly hard to remove. It's an okay mascara and I would never spend $29 on it but I will finish the tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in a kit on HSN...it was buy Cha Cha tint and get this mascara plus a tiny watt's up for free. I am a fan of LM full blown volume mascara and Maybelline Illegal Lengths as well as the L'oreal tubing one...okay well what I do like about this mascara is it is a one coat gets the job done kind of mascara. Adding more coats doesn't work. I like the look it gives to my lashes and am not disappointed in my purchase. I have had no problem with removal...in fact if I just wash my face first, most of it comes running down my face with the water, making it a cinch to take off the rest with my regular remover. Which makes me think it would not be a good mascara to cry in. I haven't touched my other mascaras since getting this. Not positive I would buy it again just because there are others that I like..but I might.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by TMWife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim. In general my lashes are average. Not too short, not too thin, and very light towards the tips. I have been wearing it for 2 weeks now and I am going to discontinue using it.
Applying it is difficult. I have used mascara brushes similar to this before (Sephora Advanced Lash Booster, Korres, Urban decay) so it was not the technique. I actually did like the design of the brush. The round knobby end was appealing especially for lower lashes. The formula on the other hand is horrible. It goes on gloopy, lashes stick together, and the end result is reminiscent of Tammy Faye Baker. It takes too much time to apply and then attempt correct.
My second and larger issue is it is TERRIBLE to remove! I have used waterproof mascaras that have been easier to remove. The eye makeup remover I use is Lancome Bi-Facil. It is made to remove all types of eye makeup, even waterproof, but is no match for this mascara. Even when I think I've got it all removed before bed, I wake up with remnants under my eyes. Given how difficult it is to remove, my gut feeling is it can't be all that great for your lashes.

Benefit, I love some of your products, but this one gets a huge thumbs down.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Kwitkowski88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible !!!!! Takes me 2 days to get this off, and I've tried many diff makeup removers. Tried to love it, but I can't. Makes lashes soo spidery and stiff. Deff won't be buying this again. Big disappointment from benefit.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first "high end" mascara, if it even considered to be high end and also first Benefit puchase. I must say this marcara does deliver, the quality is definately better than drugstore mascaras but I am not sure if it is 22 dollars worth. The pros about this mascara is that it definately lengthens and thickens lashes without flaking, I also like how the brissles reach all of the hard to get lashes...but I dont know, I am just not completely sold on this one...still searching!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's kind of pricy, but cheaper than the other mascaras they have at Sephora. I asked one of the workers which mascara should I buy for lengthening and volumizing and they picked this out for me. It takes one coat to show the lengthening and I love how it actually lifts up your eyelashes rather than weighing them down. It takes several coats to make it seem more volumized. The brush is one of those 360 degree brushes which helps to get every single eyelash. I have to take off one lippie because it's impossible to get this mascara off even though it's not waterproof.