Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

The quality of this mascara isn't consistent from tube to tube for me. My first was wonderful but flaked mildly. My second tube was absolutely perfect, and my third (and final) tube flakes like nobody's business! I simply can't depend on the quality of this mascara to be the same from batch to batch. I'm taking this off my holy grail list!

on 12/15/2009 3:10:00 PM

This worked decently enough for a drug store brand mascara. I didn't notice that it gave me a ton of extra volume, but it did work better than Too Face's Lash Injection which I tried on the same day. I used Lash Injection on 1 eye and Colossal Volum on the other eye. Colossal Volum gave me more length than Lash Injection and made my lashes darker and fuller.
I don't think I would buy another of these, but it isn't awful for a cheap mascara.

on 12/14/2009 8:25:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

To begin with - the yellow color and the tube shape is truly an eye-catcher and I couldn't help getting one since I've also heard many good reviews on this mascara so I thought I'd give it a try although I am not a Maybelline mascaras fan at all and been loyal to L'Oreal ones for a long time. YES, it smells. :) Smells like honey and yes it is pretty strong. But I don't mind this smell, it does not irritate eyes or make them teary and it goes away quickly so I was okay with it. As far as the effect, it was good. Lashes looked fuller and thicker after one coat already. The wand did scare me when I saw it lol, just because it is huge and I am used to a Telescopic small comb one but oh well, it just takes some practice I guess. I said I would not repurchase it again just because there are many other mascaras at the moment that I have not tried yet so Id like to get new ones but this mascara itself is very good. And it dried out very very fast...unlike other mascaras I use so that was a bad side. Also, it tends to clump. But I still gave it 4 lippies since the 'volume' is pretty decent with it and thats what it claims its for.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this mascara. It gives twice the volume and isn't hard to take off. I will for sure 100% buy this one again as soon as i run out

on 12/12/2009 7:06:00 AM

This makes my lashes longer and thicker, but not as much as advertised. I find that if I put on anymore than two coats my lashes start to get spidery and a little clumpy/flaky, which is sort of disappointing. I have long lashes to beginning with so this works for me, but if you have short or really straight lashes then I don't know how well this will work. Overall really good mascara though.

on 12/10/2009 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am used to waterproof mascaras so that is why i was dissapointed with this mascara. i normally use maybelline volume express (waterproof) and i hoped this one would give more volume but it didn't ; it dries too slow so your curled lashes go down again and when u apply another layer it gets clumpy and it gets allblack under your eyes after a couple hours..

so i went back to my old mascara again................

on 12/9/2009 11:36:00 PM

Before I go into details, you should know that I don't think this product is super amazing. It's normal.

I decided to purchase some drugstore makeup after reading some review, and browsing around. I heard that The Colossal mascara was similar to Lash Blast, which has great ratings. This product isn't expensive at all in my opinion, it cost me $8.99 at my London Drugs.

The tube is bold and bright yellow. I don't care too much for packaging as long as it's not an epic failure. I bought this in the normal brown color, even though I have black lashes. As I opened the tube, I saw that the brush was large, similar to the size of my Benefit BadGal Plum mascara. I'm used to this size, but if you are bad with big brushes, you may need to be more careful during application. This mascara -does- have a rose scent, which doesn't bother me too much because it's not very strong.

On the packaging it claims to be able to make lashes x9 thicker, but that's not the case. It's just like any other ordinary mascara, about twice as thick, maybe a little more depending on how many coats you apply. This color that I chose (brown) really brings out my dark eyes which are also brown. It holds a nice curl, despite it's ordinary thickening talents. **It does not smudge at all, nor does it flake.** It's a decent mascara. You should give it a shot because it may work wonders for you.

I would try other types of mascara instead of repurchasing because there isn't anything too significant about this one.

on 12/8/2009 4:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Colossal? oh yes.....colossal DISASTER...did NOTHING for my lashes...skip this one..

on 12/7/2009 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

An average product. Works better if you layer it with something else, like The Falsies. I probably won't repurchase because it's nothing special

on 12/7/2009 3:21:00 AM

I really really like this mascara. I had never used mascara before because none of the ones I had ever tried seemed to make any difference. But with this mascara, wow.... now I use mascara everyday! I am an asian girl with short, straight lashes, and this mascara makes them seriously long and thick. I didn't think that was possible on me!

If you already have nice lashes, I don't think you need this mascara. It might look too heavy on you. And yes, this mascara can get a little spidery, but if you apply it fast, it looks very good. I recently tried CG's Lash Blast... didn't like it. Maybelline's Full and Soft was fine if you have good lashes already. I returned both of those and stuck with this one.