Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

SHADOW INSURANCE IS A GREAT EYESHADOW PRIMER!!! IT NOT ONLY MAKE YOUR EYESHADOW LAST BUT IT CAN ENHANCE THE DULLEST SHADOW!! ALSO IF MIX WITH YOUR FAV SHADOW IT CAN TURN IT INTO A CREAM SHADOW!! DONT BE SCARED OF CREAMS BC PRIMER DO EXIST!!! OH AND FYI: I CANT PICK BETWEEN URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION AND SHADOW INSURANCE THEIR BOTH GREAT PRODUCTS..

Sorry, I haven't tried the UDPP, so this isn't any real comparison. However, I read the reviews on both when I was looking for a new eye primer (mac paints were failing me, I thought there must be something better), and I decided to purchase this over UDPP because basically the packaging alone. The squeeze tube is nice. And I read it blends shadows better and that is always a plus, I thought. Anyway, this product definitely does the job for me, I love it! I still have my eyeshadow on just as great as it was twelve hours ago when I first put applied! I'm so happy. It is definitely a step up from what I used to use. My eyelids to get oily over time for sure, but I don't think they are super oily, so this products did the job for me just fine. It did make my shadow more vibrant looking, it looked freshly applied for hours after. I am super pleased and will definitely purchase again, but I'm pretty sure it will last me a while!

I've tried UDPP and this and I think I prefer UDPP. My eyelids tend to get really oily during the day around summertime and I feel that Too Faced's Shadow Insurance doesn't do that good a job of making my eyeshadow last. I'm not sure if I applied my eyeshadow with too light of a hand that day or if it was the different weather conditions when I compared the two, but I just felt that this didn't do as well of a job as UDPP when it came to making my eyeshadow last. I do appreciate the convenient tube the product is contained in and it does make eyeshadow last better than not using any primer at all on your eyelids, but I don't like the consistency that much. It kind of feels...oily. :/ (I'm guessing that it could be dimethicone in the formula.) After applied, it has a rather satin-y feeling on the eyelid, but it just doesn't work that well for me. I do feel like giving it another chance though. One thing that I feel is true when comparing this to UDPP is I think it is easier to blend eyeshadows using TFSI.

I got this as a deluxe sample.. honestly, I cant really tell the difference between this and UDPP. I will use them both on some days (one on each eye) and they both go on the same way, absorb same, make shadows stay the same. The only difference is the packaging, the squeeze tube is better . Ive not seen the full size of the TF one, but one thing with UDPP is even after sawing the tube in half to dig the rest out, you still get quite a bit for the $16 you pay.

looks like TF is .35 tube
UDPP is .34

so I would say they are pretty even. once I finish my current jar of UD, if they havent put theirs into a tube by then (which is in the works from what Ive read) , I'll probably repurchase this one instead.

Not bad for an e/s primer. I have only used MAC paints and MAC PP's, but the PP's always creased on me whereas the paints ( tube) didn't. Out of boredom, I wanted to try a diff e/s primer, and TFSI was the one I decided to try. I only need a small dot of this stuff as it comes out of a squeeze tube ( hygenic). I use my finger and apply it over my entire lid up to brow bone. I let it set for 30 seconds ( read this is what your supposed to do by the maker, on the TF website) and then apply my e/s. It is essentially colorless, which I like as that way I know whichever e/s color I use the color won't be altered, whereas if I used a colored e/s primer sometimes the actual color will change a bit. I found my e/s easy to blend, and colors seemed true to their shade. My e/s did wear all day ( good 8 hours), and did not crease but by the end of the day it didn't look as fresh and vibrant as it did when I 1st applied it (I don't have oily lids for referrence). Overall, not a bad e/s primer, I do like it and will repurchase when/if I run out. It cost about $17, which isn't too bad considering it does what it claims...still love my MAC paints though ;)

Thank you, fellow MUA reviewers! I had never heard of this product until I read the reviews on this board. I thought UDPP was a great product, but the ridiculous "genie bottle" is about the worst packaging I can possibly imagine, and I refuse to "saw" open the bottle to get at least 50% of the product out!

Thank goodness the folks at Too Faced had the good sense to come up with a more sanitary, efficient way to dispense their product. This primer is just as effective as UDPP, but has superior packaging. Ladies, if you don't want to mess around with the absurd UDPP packaging any longer, give this a try, I think you will be impressed - this is my favorite eye shadow primer - comparable to UDPP quality, but MUCH better packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The staying power is so good it scares me a little. Like all the other TFSI lovers, a little goes a long way. Its smooth and creamy and the tube is really pretty. I had the UBPP but it packaging was so weird and funky. TFSI > UDPP anday. <3.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great alternative for people who do not like Urban Decay Primer Potion. As you can tell from the pictures, the packaging is more efficient and IMO, it is a lot better for people with less oily lids. Because my lids aren't oily like most people's, Urban Decay is very drying for me. It makes blending very difficult and sometimes impossible so I end up with harsh lines, just bad looking eye makeup. On the other hand, Shadow insurance is very creamy and my skin just absorbs it. A very tiny amount goes a very long way. I use less than a rice grain size per eye. It enhances the color of my shadows without drastically changing it too much. The best thing about this is that it's so much easier to blend with it because it's not so drying. I don't experience any creasing nor fading hours later! I'm so glad I gave this product a try. I highly recommend it for people with drier skin. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it.

Edit: 02/02- I have to take off two lippies. Over the past few weeks, it's been separating. If you don't shake and slap this package around before using, you'll get a bunch of clear oily liquid when you squeeze out product. I also notice that my eyeshadow is not as longlasting as it used to be unless I use a large amount but when I use a large amount, like UDPP it seems harder to blend eyeshadow. It seems to work better if not used daily. I still think it's better than UDPP but I would not rebuy this. I am looking into trying something new.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I mean, I love it. I totally agree with previous poster...Very little goes a long way. Tube lends itself to sanitary dispensing with less wasted product. My eyelids are usually fairly oily, and by the end of the day, I generally have eye shadow left in the creases only...But not any more! My eye shadow goes on smoother, and looks perfect all day long. I do not know how I have gone so long without this stuff. Will definitely repurchase. And that's saying a lot for me! :) It's a staple.

I generally don't have a need for eyeshadow primers, but I purchased this one as I'm due to be vacationing very close to the equator this summer... and I know how things can get if I'm outside in the sun for any extended period of time. I can't go without makeup, either.

I had tried the coveted Primer Potion by Urban Decay a while back. No bueno. Even after countless applications, I found it to be too drying, with a quick dry time-- hard to evenly blend out, and my shadow seemed to be a complete pain to blend. Yuck, it looked like an amateur applied my eye makeup every time I used it.

Gladly, it was only a small sample. I had almost purchased it without trying it... that would have been tragic.

I've had a real problem with the applicator wand. Yes, I suppose that one could somehow dispense it onto a separate brush... still, what a pain that would be!

After consulting P'ville about Shadow Insurance, I decided to take the plunge. I liked how it comes in a tube-- more sanitary, and less product wasted, in my opinion.
This stuff glides on like a dream, and becomes completely invisible on my lid (I could always see UDPP when I applied it). No crepey look to my eyelid, unlike with UDPP.

My shadow blends so nicely! Not only that, but the colour of the eye shadow seemed much more intense than normal. I just took a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and I like what I see. I applied my makeup over eight hours ago, and my eyes look like they were just done.

Holds up nicely through heat and sweat!

I'm sure this will work just fine on those with oily eyelids, but for those of us who don't, Shadow Insurance is the appropriate alternative to UDPP.

Excellent product! I will definitely buy again... if it's still being made by the time I run out, a long time from now. Only a little is needed... with the tube and it's nice, pointy little tip, it's easy to get just the right amount required to do the job. I know this is going to last me a long time, so it's definitely worth the money.

Great product, I'm very happy that I purchased it.