Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 5/22/2008 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am so impressed with this eyeshadow primer! I have very oily eyelids and didn't think anything could work as well as UDPP but TFSI is even better! Firstly, it comes in a tube rather than an annoyingly shaped and wand applicator and whereas UDPP has a tendency to dry out my eyelids, TFSI is more moisturising. Secondly, it is MUCH easier to blend eyeshadows using TFSI, I find it very difficult to blend when using UDPP as a base! Lastly, the lasting power of TFSI is amazing, I applied my eyeshadow at 7am this morning and it still looks perfect now after 9 hours, no creasing or fading! I love this product!

on 5/22/2008 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this eyeshadow primer b/c Urban Decay's was out of stock at Sephora. I have never used Urban Decay's before, but the SA at Sephora recommended this one as a good replacement. Well, she was right!!! I love this product and I will keep repurchasing it, although, you need so very little of this that one tube will last me forever. First of all, this product is, in my opinion, perfect regardless of whether you wear eyeshadow or not. Even though it's pale skin colour when it comes out of the tube, it goes on clear, or just perfectly slightly tinted so you get that rested no vein look of your eyes, but if you are tanned or use sefl tanners (like I do), it doesn't look chalky or white. I have tried this with my most intense smokey eye look as well as just liner and pencil, and it works regardless of the look! The eyeshadows, liners, highlighters, concealers - everything stays put in place and no creasing. I tend to have greasy eyelids and this mattifies them and keeps them "dry" all day. What I also like about this primer is the consistency when you put it on. Some primers tend to be too thick and pull your eyelids when you are putting them on, but not this one. It goes on very easy, has almost a "silicony" feel to it, yet turns into a perfect mat canvas. I honestly can't say enough good things about this primer, I even use it underneath my eyes occasionally, underneath my concealer, when I need to ensure that my concealer stays PUT and mascara or liner on my lower lids don't smudge or run. Definitely HG!

on 5/22/2008 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

on 5/22/2008 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HG eyeshadow primer! Love this stuff to bits. I have oily lids so that made every single shadow that touched my eye crease. Not even MAC Paint Pots were durable enough to use as a base for me. Sine Urban Decay isn't available in Canada, I can't compare the two. The consistency is liquidy and beige. It need a couple second to dry and an even application because it is so easy to miss some spots due to it thin texture. Other than that, this baby is gold. Eyeshadows are still blendable on top of this and vibrant. This makes my eyeshadow last my 8 hr school day, in any type of weather. Def. repurchasing!

on 5/20/2008 7:03:00 PM

I have a new HG for eyes, and believe me, I don't say that lightly. My skin is quite oily and eyeshadow would always turn into a greasy, faded mess by mid-afternoon. I considered UDPP when I was in Sephora, but that bottle? Totally inefficient. A couple MUAers recommended Shadow Insurance, so I bought that instead.

Today's test run: Spread a teeny dab on each lid and waited for it to dry. Started in with eyeshadow. I was shocked to see how much better my base shade shows up! When I rubbed my eyes lightly, only a bit of shimmer (courtesy of the Stila I applied as a wash, no doubt) came off. None of the olive or brown I used on the lid and crease budged. As of 3:30, after a nap, my eyeshadow was still in place. No oilies on the lids. Even after a shower, some of my eye color is still in place! Not all of it, but there's still definitely color. Where I put it, not running all over. Wow. This was a short I-gotta-wash-my-hair shower, but still.

Shadow Insurance is now a must-have in my makeup box. Thanks for pointing this gem out to me, MUA!

on 5/18/2008 7:17:00 PM

I've used UDPP for about a year now and was very impressed with how that made my shadow stay on without creasing. I was never thrilled with the packaging of that product and decided to try shadow insurance. At first squirt, it came out of the tube very watery. I thought, what the heck...I'll just rub that on the lid and see what happens. It did the job nicely. I've used it once mind you, so I'm a newbie to this but believe it will easily replace the UDPP when I run out of my current tube and 2 backups. I believe I will use it sometimes jus to see how it holds up in the middle of summer when my lids are really oily.

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

UPDATE: After reading a couple of negative reviews for this wonderful product, had to put my two cents in in hopes that it would help. With "shadow insurance", you don't have to pile it on. A nice thin coat works best. Also, it's essential to wait until the product has thoroughly 'set" on the eyelid before applying your shadow. I usually put this on right before my face moisturizer and let both set for about four to five min. before applying foundation and eyeshadow. I hope those who didn't like this product will give it another chance, as when it's properly applied, I think it is HG, at least for me. I have previously used the UDPP, and it not only was hard to remove, made my eyelids itchy, and made them look more crinkley than they actually are. Very, very drying to the skin. (UDPP). Just my opinion, for what it's worth. If Shadow Insurance can stand up to the heat and humidity in FL without creasing, what more could you want?

I used to use UD primer potion, but it really irritated my lids, so I had to stop. This product if far superior on so many levels. Number one, the applicator is more sanitary, number two, nothing and I mean, NOTHING, has ever allowed me to wear eyeshadow an entire day (and evening) in hot, humid, muggy, weather without creasing, number three, it does not change the color of your eyeshadow, but it ENHANCES it, i.e. it makes it look more vibrant, and last but not least, my very sensitive eyes can tolerate it. Also, I remember when I wore UD primer potion, it was very difficult to remove, and TF Shadow Insurance is not.
I will never be without this product again and need look no further for a product that delivers what it promises. In my opinion, the best shadow primer on the market and very deserving of its name. I usually wear Smashbox eyeshadow, which have a lovely texture, but I've noticed since wearing this primer that these shadows go on even smoother, colors look more similar to what they do in the pot. I can't say enough good about this product. Kudos to whoever came up with this excellent formula.
UPDATE: I'm still amazed at this product. As one who has NEVER been able to find a shadow primer that lives up to its name, this is IT. Hotter than hades, muggy, today, and absolutely NOT ONE IOTA of a crease in my eyeshadow after wearing it all day and spending a good deal of time outdoors. Normally, my eyeshadow will just "melt" off of my eyes, and the crease will be very prominent. This beats UD potion to he** and back, at least for me. I hope Too Faced never discontinues or messes with the formula of this product. It's perfect as is, and there aren't too many things that you can say that about these days. GREAT PRODUCT. Will use it till I croak or am too old to see my eyes to apply shadow :>) .

on 5/18/2008 5:13:00 PM

Oh I wanted to like this. UDPP is the most perfect product ever, but I can't stand the packaging and I don't want to cut up that stupid genie tube in order to get most of the product out. But Shadow Insurance failed test after test miserably for me. I kept trying for weeks, because after comparing the ingredient list, it seemed so very similar to UDPP that I kept hoping it would perform close enough to work! But nope - not even close. It creased within a half-hour, while UDPP will last through the day for me, except in extreme conditions. In this case, similar ingredients do not equal similar performance at all. I'm back to Primer Potion, but I've still got my fingers crossed that Urban Decay will switch their packaging to a nice, simple, sanitary squeeze tube.

I have now tried both UDPP and this product and I have to say this outperformed UDPP for me. The Urban Decay Primer Potion worked fantastic for the first week or so and then it started creasing on me. I was elated to find a similar product in Shadow Insurance. I've used this for about three or four weeks now and I haven't noticed any creasing unless I've had my shadow on for 14+ hours or so. And I really couldn't ask for much more than that. I was so excited that this product has excellent packaging. Whoever thought of the packaging for UDPP must have been a little too sleep deprived. It's cute, but you can only end up using about half of it unless you take apart the container and put it in a jar. Shadow Insurance is more sanitary than either of those situations. As it just squirts out in a tube, there's minimal contact with unused product. Fantastic! Great packaging, great product, great results. Better than UDPP in my opinion. Almost the same exact price, if not exact... I can't remember if this is $16 or $17...

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This stuff is awesome!! I used to buy UDPP, but after trying this I bought a tube if it. I like the fact that it's more sanitary than the UDPP wand and it's great for oily lids. Overall the price is nice because a little of this goes a long way and packaging is too cute. I will definately repurchase as long as TF keeps making!
EDIT: Unfortunately, I quit using this product. I've noticed the product doesn't suit my skin. My eyelids are quite dry and it's making them worse. So, blending takes work. I switched back to UDPP.