July 31, 2014 | 1915 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by RedHead172

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AWESOME. Truely awesome. My shadow was on from 6:00 AM until 9:30 PM and still looked wonderful! No creasing, no fading!
I thought it was a little pricey, but it is worth it! And the packaging is so great, you won't lose any product with this. You have to try this! Will definately repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by photocynthesis

A lot of people compare this product to Urban Decay Primer Potion, and while it is similar in theory, it is a LOT creamier. This is because the Too Faced creator, Jerrod Blandino, wanted a formula that was one part UDPP and one part Paula Dorf Eye Primer. It's very creamy, yet long wearing, and in a MUCH better package than UDPP [sorry Urban Decay]. It's clear, yet enhances any eyeshadow color by making it more vibrant, and resistant against creasing. And when you're done, you can cut it open much easier to get out any excess. :]

Edit: As summer came, my eyelids started to get oilier, causing this to begin to crease on me. I recommend this to people who have semi-oily lids, but if your lids are pretty oily, Urban Decay Primer Potion definitely wins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is softer and smoother then Urban Decay Primer Potion. Worked very well under my MAC frosty shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This stuff has a slight edge over Urban Decay's Primer Potion, in my book. Now, Urban Decay's stuff is really good. But, this new product is FANTASTIC! It will keep your shadow on all day and even all night, if you happen to sleep in it. Your eyeshadow will stay stuck to your eyes almost like super glue. You will never experience any creasing or fading with this product, even if you have super oily eyelids like I do.

BTW......It costs $17.00 and it comes in a tube. And, it works SO UNBELIEVABLY WELL!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 3:52:00 AM More reviews by missxdiabolique

i LOVE this shadow primer. you could have sex for days and your eye makeup will look as if you just applied it. beats all other eyeshadow primers out there.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

OMG!!! Best e/s base out there! i was looking for a e/s base n first bought MACpaint pot... heard all the great revies, but wen i used it, it made my eyelids dry and when i put my shadow over it, the eyeshadow didnt go on too well, so i returned it!

then i was about to but the Urban decay primer potion. I heard that the bottle was retarded, but was gunna buy it anyways... util i went over to the Too Faced section in sephora....... (im a huge too faced fan).. so i bought tht instead, tried it... n now iv gained even more appreciation from my already favorite eyeshadows! how do u make great eyeshadows even better? With Too Faced Shadow Insurance ^_^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely the best eye primer I have ever used. I squeeze a little out of the tube (love this packaging) blend it onto my eyelid and then do my eye makeup. I have used this every single day for the past month, and my eye makeup has never creased. I like to wear a lot of eye makeup and frequently like to pack loads of dark pigment onto my oily lids, from the lash line up into the crease; at the end of the day, my eye shadow looks pretty much the same (aside from where I compulsively rub the inner corners of my eyes). It doesn't matter which eye shadow I use (MAC, BE, UD, BB, Fyrinnae, TBS) and it doesn't matter if I apply it wet or dry. The shadow blends easily and then stays put. Before this, I was trying every kind of base I could find; eye primer, face primer, concealer, foundation, and various eye shadows as bases. I like trying new things but I have no desire to use any eye primer other than this. For reference, I do not like Urban Decay Primer Potion; my shadow would still crease with UDPP (especially when I applied it wet) and I had a lot of trouble blending my shadows overtop of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by CantMAKEUPmyMlND

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay girls, back off. *I* have the oiliest lids in the world - not you. Really! LOL.

Anyway. My lids are oil slicks. I've tried the Urban Decay Primer Potion expecting a miracle. It didn't do a THING for me. In fact, I think I heard it laugh at me. I tried MAC Paints. Same thing. I won't even mention the L'Oreal, Tony and Tina and Benefit products I've tried.

I tried this on a whim. It was near the register and I'm easily influenced.

I put it on the next morning. I decided to test it out in full force. I used a little of this and put some Bobbi Brown Smoke eyeshadow on so it'd be really obvious if I creased.

I used this on a Monday where I'm at school for 12 hours, 3 hours in a lab setting.

I got home almost forgetting to check the status of my eyeshadow. Well good thing I did because it looked exactly the same as it did 12 hours earlier.

The tube rocks because unlike the UD PP tube you get all the product in there.

I LOVE this stuff. I guess it must be liken to cement but I don't care as it is the only thing I have ever tried that has kept my eyeshadow in place!

$17.50 at Sephora, well worth it!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by crmeyers

I admit that I was skeptical. There was just no way that this was going to last all day and not crease. About 1 hour after applying eye shadow, I have a huge crease. I have just gotten to the point of not wearing eye shadow unless I go to the bar, in which case, by the end of the night, I really don't care what my eye shadow looks like anyway!

Amazingly, this stuff really works. I don't know how, considering my trouble with creasing. I have used SI for about 2 weeks daily. (I waited a while to review because I figured it was too good to be true and I would have to revise my review anyway--not so!)

I usually just wear SI by itself. It creates a very matte appearance with a very, very light beige color. The first day, I thought it felt too oily going on. I also thought it made my eye lids feel funny. I really can't describe it. I guess, they felt sorta sticky in a way. I am sure that it is because I was used to have an oil slick on my eye lids and for the very first time ever, they were completely matte! (very nice, I know) I kept checking the mirror all day, hour after hour and it stayed completely matte ALL DAY. I even went to the bar that night WITHOUT touching up and still NO CREASE. So, I am 100% sold. I feel so much more put together now that I don't have greasy, tired looking eye lids.

I put eye shadow over it today for the first time. I did have a little trouble blending (I used a dark charcoal in the crease - Chanel Influences quad) but eventually I was able to. I have to admit, after 8 hours, there was the tiniest, tiniest crease next to the bridge of my nose. I was overzealous in blending, however, and I may have simply blended some of the SI off.

Still, this is certainly by far the best makeup item that I have found in a long, long time and I have MU to thank for it! I hope others who have had the same trouble with eye shadow that I have had will give it a try. Regarding packaging...I think it's great. Sanitary, convenient, perfect. A wand simply isn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by badgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just tried this from Sephora a couple of weeks ago. I had always used UDPP, but I like to try new things. When I first used it a big bubble of oil came shooting out which immediately turned me off. I don't like to put oily things on my eyelids, and it seemed weird that something so oily would work to hold my eyeshadow on. I also don't like having to use my finger because I am often applying makeup on the go...and then what do you with what's on your finger? Amazingly it did work, but it made my skin look like elephant skin. You could see all my pores. It didn't cover as nicely as the UDPP does for me. The UDPP seems to make my eyelid smoother AND hold on my eyeshadow. I'll stick to my UDPP.