St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 5/14/2008 3:29:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff. I use the Apricot Scrub for blemishes. It is AWESOME. Takes that gunk around my nose and nose area right out! I have sensitive skin and this stuff doesn't irritate it at all (although I did get some exfoliating beads in my eye and had to go to the ER...scratched my cornea BIG TIME. Be careful when using this stuff)!
I don't think this is gentle enough to use every day, as the bottle suggests. I use it about 2-3 times per week - no more.

on 5/14/2008 2:41:00 PM

I've been using this stuff for years. I dont always use it on my face maybe once every two weeks but its a great body scrub. It literally leaves my skin feeling soft and so touchable. I even make my husband use it on his knees and elbows. Guys tend to get rough patches on those spots since they are not as conscious about their skin as women are. I love the price b/c its not overly expensive so and works for both face and body.

on 5/10/2008 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this face scrub. I just finished my first tube, and was about to get a new one. I went to Target and bought it at $3.99. Pretty cheap. When I used it that night, I was shocked to see they changed the scent! Its perfumey, like they added a whole bunch of fruity extracts or something. It works great, makes my face feel clean and oil-free. I gave it a 3 because of the strong smell, and the scrub particles are too big.

on 5/7/2008 5:23:00 PM

Great product, it leaves my skin flawless and glowing!. I love it plus its super cheap, less than 4 dls. at wal mart. It even got me better result than the Neutrogena Facial Peel for 23 dls. I told my cousin to try it and she was so fascinated with it that bought like 5 of these ones, because where she lives this product does not exist. Believe me youll love it

use no more than once a week if you have sensitive skin, it rubbed me raw.

on 5/6/2008 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this stuff for ages..
I have to say that for the price you cant go wrong with this scrub..
I do prefer Dermalogica Scrub but i havent used that in a while because its very pricey..
Overall Good Product

on 5/4/2008 11:38:00 PM

I've been using this stuff for years. I agree that it is really grainy and can be harsh on your skin. But this is something that I use about twice a week and with a light hand. Completely exfoliates and gives me a nice glow. Plus it's cheap.

i got the kind in the jar, and it may just be me..
but i used to use it on my face and body for exfoliating...
but it broke my face out like crazy AND my body.
whenever i use it even on my body i get little bumps and ingrown hairs ALL the TIME!!

on 5/4/2008 6:12:00 AM

This is way too harsh on the face. The granules are very big and rough. It smells bad. I used it on my body, but it was very abrasive as well.

Hmmm...so I bought the kind in a jar, maybe that's different? I don't know, I just know is that this stuff is amazing!! I steam my face, then exfoliate and put my Origins black clay masque on and my skin looks amazing. If I'm short on time and my skin is going nuts then I put on the BIore Ice Cleanser-which screwed my face up by itself but works marvelously like this- and then put the Apricot scrub on over it and gently massage in a circular motion. It really helps!! I get the icy clean feeling of the Biore and the silky smooth skin of the exfoliator.
Love this stuff. I just wish it still came in a tube-which I can't seem to find-instead of the unhygenic jar. Then again, my hands are always clean when I put them in, but nevertheless...