St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

I've used this stuff for six years even though it didn't do anything for my face. I've read that the ingredients (cornmeal, walnut) are actually abrasive to the skin. In general I have many pimples so I can't tell if the scrub helps or worsens them.
However, this stuff might be better for the body (butt and back). I mix it with my shaving cream to ensure a smoother shave while exfoliating.

on 5/22/2008 9:44:00 AM

This scrubs doesn't exfoliate well enough for my face, but it somewhat moisturize my skin. I love the apricot smell and I love using it on my neck and arms. I find it working better on my neck and arms, it makes it so soft and smooth. I also use this on my feet also and it works great for it. After I scrub my feet with St. Ives, I rinsed and pat it, but leave it a little damp and put some foot cream and ahhhh my feet feels clean, soft and smooth. I will repurchase, because it's inexpensive and it works good as a foot scrubs.

on 5/21/2008 11:01:00 AM

I love, love it! I always keep on at the shower, you can use it for both face and body. After using this, my skin totally glows and feels very refreshing. The only neg is the package, it leaks sometimes.

on 5/20/2008 1:53:00 PM

I have been using this product forever! This is the best scrub that will refresh your face! A must have!

on 5/16/2008 3:37:00 PM

Great scrub! Makes my skin super soft and gets rid any dry flaky areas. Also really inexpensive (under $5). I use it about 3 times per week. My boyfriend is hooked on it too. We keep two tubes of it in the shower all the time because we go through so much of it.

on 5/14/2008 3:29:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff. I use the Apricot Scrub for blemishes. It is AWESOME. Takes that gunk around my nose and nose area right out! I have sensitive skin and this stuff doesn't irritate it at all (although I did get some exfoliating beads in my eye and had to go to the ER...scratched my cornea BIG TIME. Be careful when using this stuff)!
I don't think this is gentle enough to use every day, as the bottle suggests. I use it about 2-3 times per week - no more.

on 5/14/2008 2:41:00 PM

I've been using this stuff for years. I dont always use it on my face maybe once every two weeks but its a great body scrub. It literally leaves my skin feeling soft and so touchable. I even make my husband use it on his knees and elbows. Guys tend to get rough patches on those spots since they are not as conscious about their skin as women are. I love the price b/c its not overly expensive so and works for both face and body.

on 5/10/2008 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this face scrub. I just finished my first tube, and was about to get a new one. I went to Target and bought it at $3.99. Pretty cheap. When I used it that night, I was shocked to see they changed the scent! Its perfumey, like they added a whole bunch of fruity extracts or something. It works great, makes my face feel clean and oil-free. I gave it a 3 because of the strong smell, and the scrub particles are too big.

on 5/7/2008 5:23:00 PM

Great product, it leaves my skin flawless and glowing!. I love it plus its super cheap, less than 4 dls. at wal mart. It even got me better result than the Neutrogena Facial Peel for 23 dls. I told my cousin to try it and she was so fascinated with it that bought like 5 of these ones, because where she lives this product does not exist. Believe me youll love it

use no more than once a week if you have sensitive skin, it rubbed me raw.