St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This scrub is one of the best. The great smell and the way it makes my skin so soft makes the perfect combination for a facial scrub. One of my friends even commented on how clear my face looked, and another loved the fresh apricot smell. I'm not sure how this product works on sensitive skin, but it definately worked for my (fairly sentitive, yet oily) skin. My advice? Buy it, use it, love it :)

on 4/8/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a good scrub, but extremely abrasive. It's a little scary to use it on the facial area because the grains are so large. I wouldn't use it more than once every couple of weeks, and even then I'd be careful to be very gentle and not rub it in too hard. However, it does exfoliate very well and leaves skin soft and radiant. It's extremely inexpensive as well. If you prefer a heavy duty scrub, this is a good choice. For myself, I prefer kiss my face scrub/mask. It is similar, but more gentle with a honey almond scent. It is also $6 a tub which is pricier than this one. I'm going to try the Queen helene honey almond scrub and the mint juleep scrub and see how they compare.

I love this stuff. If you are looking for some serious scrubbing action, this is the one scrub you. It's very inexpensive and leaves you soft, yet slightly dry (thatís probably just my own dry skin though). That is the best and worst feature of it. If you are sensitive to physical irritation, this will not be good for you. Plus, if you use it too often or too hard, you could hurt your skin. But for a weekly sloughing of skin, this works great.

on 4/8/2008 10:47:00 AM

I have used this several times in the past. The first time using, it made a noticeable difference to my face, soft and smooth. But if I used it on a continued basis, it would really irritate my skin after awhile. I didn't have any major issues with it, but I think it seemed to break me out too. I have found other scrubs I like better, but this one isn't a bad choice to at least try. So, I wouldn't buy it again, but wouldn't necessarily not recommend it to someone, because it might work better for someone else.

on 4/7/2008 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

it makes my face SOOOO soft after i use this...but it kind of wears away. But i really like this scrub, i mean, i got it for like around 3 dollars at walmart..like wats not to like. just make sure only use this occasionally or it will dry out ur skin...that goes with all scrubs/exoliators!

on 4/6/2008 4:00:00 AM

This worked great the first time I used it. It felt good to put on, and I loved the amount of the particles. Afterwards my skin glowed and looked very healthy.

I used it once to twice a week for a few months, and suddenly noticed that it did not do much for me any more. I also got more breakouts. At that time, I did not care much for looking at ingredients, so when I read up on it, I was shocked! A week after I stopped using it, my face was much happier. A sesame oil + sugar scrub is much-much more comfortable.

on 4/4/2008 4:40:00 PM

I have dry acne prone skin that tends to get a bit flaky. This is great for making my skin clean and smooth and not drying it out more. It also doesn't seem to irritate my skin which is a plus. I love the smell and you can't beat the price of course! I've also found that it works well as a body/foot scrub.

on 4/4/2008 1:58:00 PM

Purchased this because I recently ran out of Biore exfoliator, figured it was cheap, and I heard good things. My friends lied to me. Lol. I found the particles in product were too big, and there weren't enough of them. Packaging was alright, but the actual smell of the product, and it's overall performance weren't. I will stick to my Biore, and pitch this in the trash.

on 4/4/2008 1:42:00 PM

Awesome, use this as my weekly scrub. Makes my face feel clean and gets rid of those flakies. Too bad I live in Sweden, I'm running out and I can't buy it here.

on 4/4/2008 11:28:00 AM

This scrubby works - removes makeup, mildly polishes/exfoliates my face. It's better than some of the pricier face scrubs out there. My face didn't breakout or react badly. It's a great price and a good buy.