St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 4/4/2008 4:40:00 PM

I have dry acne prone skin that tends to get a bit flaky. This is great for making my skin clean and smooth and not drying it out more. It also doesn't seem to irritate my skin which is a plus. I love the smell and you can't beat the price of course! I've also found that it works well as a body/foot scrub.

on 4/4/2008 1:58:00 PM

Purchased this because I recently ran out of Biore exfoliator, figured it was cheap, and I heard good things. My friends lied to me. Lol. I found the particles in product were too big, and there weren't enough of them. Packaging was alright, but the actual smell of the product, and it's overall performance weren't. I will stick to my Biore, and pitch this in the trash.

on 4/4/2008 1:42:00 PM

Awesome, use this as my weekly scrub. Makes my face feel clean and gets rid of those flakies. Too bad I live in Sweden, I'm running out and I can't buy it here.

on 4/4/2008 11:28:00 AM

This scrubby works - removes makeup, mildly polishes/exfoliates my face. It's better than some of the pricier face scrubs out there. My face didn't breakout or react badly. It's a great price and a good buy.

on 4/3/2008 2:05:00 PM

I was recently scolded by a makeup artist for using this product on my face. She explained that the scrubby bits in it are jagged and therefore a bad idea to use on pretty much anything but my feet. She went on to suggest that I use a face exfoliater with tiny perfectly round scrubby things in, as these will not scratch up my skin. It makes sense, and I have learned my lesson. I will purchase this product again for foot and probably body exfoliation.

on 4/2/2008 9:41:00 AM

I agree that the St. Ives Apricot formulation works and works well, and even has a pleasant smell, but it has Propylene Glycol and a host of other chemicals I'd rather not put on my face. I've had excellent results with Burt's Bees facial scrub and also just plain sugar, or better yet, sugar mixed with poppy seeds and blended with a little tea tree oil. Much better for your face and astringent to boot. I wouldn't buy this product again, though you can find it now at discount stores for about $2-3.

on 4/2/2008 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. I use it once a week on my face and it gets it really smooth. Forget expensive masks. The key isn't the scrub, it's how you use it. Rub small circles virgorously (not so it hurts) all over. The circles are key. That's how facialists get your skin so smooth. I love this stuff because it's cheap and it gets the job done really well. I've been using this for 7 years now. I think they changed the scent though. It used to smell delicious and natural and now it smells a bit to perfumey. Oh well.

on 3/30/2008 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best scrub I have EVER used in my LIFE. i love this and NEVER run out of it. I'm not the biggest fan of the maker, no offense, but of all the products I've tried, this is the best one. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. It doesn't dry my skin out and leaves me feeling silky smooth. My mom also uses this product. She was the one who introduced me to it. Now I can't stop using it. I am yet to try a good product that works better and gives you better results then this scrub. If you haven't tried it, then you better hurry up. I SWEAR, you won't regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 3/29/2008 1:23:00 PM

Not bad for a drug-store brand. Feels good and does a moderately good job of exfoliating my face but I prefer a sea sponge or gentle buffing pad for the face. Doesn't irritate my skin too much and I've got mildly sensitive skin. I like it mostly for my hands and other body parts since it's so affordable.

on 3/29/2008 9:15:00 AM

For years I've used this once a week not realizing the damage it's doing to my sensitive acne prone face. My skin was out of wack and I thought that's just the way it was. I recently switched to natural products in my facial routine while using this once a week and noticed how my face was getting somewhat better, but had the occasional break out and red flare ups. I soon realized it was the stupid scrub. I checked the ingredients in it. Sure enough...bad bad bad! No wonder why my face hated me so much.

But I will continue to use on every other part of my body until the current bottle I have runs out. I will never buy again.