St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 5/4/2008 11:38:00 PM

I've been using this stuff for years. I agree that it is really grainy and can be harsh on your skin. But this is something that I use about twice a week and with a light hand. Completely exfoliates and gives me a nice glow. Plus it's cheap.

i got the kind in the jar, and it may just be me..
but i used to use it on my face and body for exfoliating...
but it broke my face out like crazy AND my body.
whenever i use it even on my body i get little bumps and ingrown hairs ALL the TIME!!

on 5/4/2008 6:12:00 AM

This is way too harsh on the face. The granules are very big and rough. It smells bad. I used it on my body, but it was very abrasive as well.

Hmmm...so I bought the kind in a jar, maybe that's different? I don't know, I just know is that this stuff is amazing!! I steam my face, then exfoliate and put my Origins black clay masque on and my skin looks amazing. If I'm short on time and my skin is going nuts then I put on the BIore Ice Cleanser-which screwed my face up by itself but works marvelously like this- and then put the Apricot scrub on over it and gently massage in a circular motion. It really helps!! I get the icy clean feeling of the Biore and the silky smooth skin of the exfoliator.
Love this stuff. I just wish it still came in a tube-which I can't seem to find-instead of the unhygenic jar. Then again, my hands are always clean when I put them in, but nevertheless...

on 4/29/2008 10:32:00 PM

i really do love this stuff...but they've changed it. i bought the blemish fighting apricot cleanser, and the renewing apricot scrub recently, wanting to try something new, and it was not scrub. it was creamier, with little beads in it. so i figured i got the wrong stuff, and went and got the blemish fighting apricot cleaner. still creamy, and this stuff has the little red beads. i'm used to the much more scrubby stuff. i like that way better. maybe i need to get used to it. i just tried the blemish fighting stuff and my face feels nice, but i dunno, i like the scrubbier stuff better. anyone else gotten the newer formula? or did i just buy the wrong stuff...twice?

on 4/23/2008 12:05:00 PM

I use Oil of Olay for my daily face wash with good results but I find itís a little light on deep-cleaning power. So once or twice a week I substitute this to really get in there and scrub everything clean. Itís a little harsh for every day use but once or twice a week is fine as long as I use it gently and not like a maniac. Plus I find that it does a great job of cleaning that I really donít need to scrub more than that. It smells really good and leaves my face feeling soft for days. It also gets rid of the little flakes of skin that my regular cleanser just doesnít seem to get. This is and will probably remain my HG for deep-cleaning.

on 4/19/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Before trying St. Ives scrub, I had been using the Proactive Cleanser for several years. The Proactive Cleanser was made of a granular substance as well. If the important thing is sloughing away dead skin cells to avoid blemishes, I didn't see why St. Ives wouldn't do the trick just as well. I have since been using the St. Ives scrub for several months and have been pretty pleased with the results (and it smells pretty good, too). Better than then the tiny expensive bottle I was buying from Proactive! Only thing - if you're wearing a lot of makeup, you might want to use an alternative method to remove it before using this scrub.

on 4/19/2008 2:37:00 PM

I stopped buying this when I started making my own scrub out of brown sugar, olive oil and honey. I am now stopping that because it's far too harsh and leaves my skin irritated which never used to happen... but back to the apricot scrub. It's such a good product, not too rough or too small to work, the creamy stuff is nice too and makes skin very soft. Smells really great and fresh. I think i'll go out and buy me some of this tomorrow.

UPDATE
I've compared this to other scrubs and decided it is much too rough and damaging to the skin. When you exfoliate it is not supposed to hurt your face or feel like its being torn so i will not use this again.

on 4/17/2008 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Oh man, this stuff is evil. When I was young, I used this stuff almost every day because I thought it would help clear my acne. And I wondered why my face was always so red. hahah, young fool I was. Just for the record, this does not improve acne in any way. It's fine to use once a month on your face or in the shower for knees and elbows.

on 4/16/2008 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Overall, I this product was okay- only. It did clear up my skin after using it for a bit. But, it was a bit harsh! The microbeads in it felt 'painful' in a way. So, I stopped using it. But, it does smell delicious!